3.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
There may not be a Discord channel that he uses to convey or track project status, I just thought he might. His last Patreon post was November 27 from what I can see on his page. I can understand taking the holiday season off, but I would have thought he'd pick it back up after the new year began and at least post his thoughts or intentions. If he's had no activity on Patreon since November, that and the fact he's been "radio silent" here and there, I'd say this game is on-hold or dead, which is unfortunate since it seemed to have so much promise (great renders and a great storyline).

Reactions: Profound_Madman

Wicked Garden

Osiris
Donor
May 9, 2018
Man I really liked this game too, I'd check his patreon every now and again to see if there was some sort post on his progress or the game's current state in general, but.. a whole lotta nothing. I know an "Abandoned" tag doesn't necessarily mean permanent, but you never know and it's still deflating nevertheless.

Profound_Madman

Dec 3, 2019
There may not be a Discord channel that he uses to convey or track project status, I just thought he might. His last Patreon post was November 27 from what I can see on his page. I can understand taking the holiday season off, but I would have thought he'd pick it back up after the new year began and at least post his thoughts or intentions. If he's had no activity on Patreon since November, that and the fact he's been "radio silent" here and there, I'd say this game is on-hold or dead, which is unfortunate since it seemed to have so much promise (great renders and a great storyline).
I was great at storytelling that's really why I stuck around.

Pulse12

Sep 7, 2018
Yeah I was a supporter a couple months back also. The developer was excited about future updates after making the animated sex scene with the blue haired chick in the most recent build. But soon after went ghost on Patron. What a shame! Keeping it bookmarked & fingers crossed....

EDIT - Here is his final post on Patron. Hope all is well for him.

Hello everyone,
I've been missing here for a while, and some of you are asking for updates, and with good reason. The fact is, at the end of october I got covid, and that really messed up the plans for the game. I honestly wasn't even sure if I was gonna survive, had to spend some days in the hospital. But doesn't matter now. I've recovered and I'm back to working on the game. Despite this fact, I'm also not happy with the pacing - I think the updates are taking too long, and I'll be aiming for much quicker updates from now on. Because of all the mess with this covid situation and also troubles with my employer, I've had a ton of headaches over this 0.4 version of Ambition, changing the sandbox and all. But I'll probably be able to release it sometime in mid-december. It's been a terribly long time since the last one, and I'm very sorry for that.
I appreciate each and every one of you who support me, and I will be able to work hard on the game once again.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2018
It was a very promising game... Too bad! :( Due to this kind of abandonment, people lost their trust and refuse to try new games or support new developers until the game progresses to have some content (5, 6 months...) and tend to support only old developers who do not give up projects. And anyway you can count them on the fingers of one hand because they are few. And there is another category of developers who are not serious and make 2-3 updates in a year so that you forget the story and you have to play it from the beginning to remember the game again in order to play the latest version, which is very annoying....:confused:

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
It was a very promising game... Too bad! :( Due to this kind of abandonment, people lost their trust and refuse to try new games or support new developers until the game progresses to have some content (5, 6 months...) and tend to support only old developers who do not give up projects. And anyway you can count them on the fingers of one hand because they are few. And there is another category of developers who are not serious and make 2-3 updates in a year so that you forget the story and you have to play it from the beginning to remember the game again in order to play the latest version, which is very annoying....:confused:
Agree 100% and is why I no longer support games with less than 12 monthly updates.

Reactions: ☾♄คгφη

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
It's unfortunate he got hung up on switching out the sandbox. I think that consumed a lot of his effort. Personally I was fine with it and enjoy the freedom they provide. Oh well. His Patreon page still shows he has 15 patrons. It appears at least 2 of his supporters are of the $5 range (or 1 at $10). It'd be interesting to find out if he even logs on, or if any of his active patrons have communications with him...

Sarkasmus

May 4, 2020
It's unfortunate he got hung up on switching out the sandbox. I think that consumed a lot of his effort. Personally I was fine with it and enjoy the freedom they provide. Oh well. His Patreon page still shows he has 15 patrons. It appears at least 2 of his supporters are of the $5 range (or 1 at $10). It'd be interesting to find out if he even logs on, or if any of his active patrons have communications with him...
Yeah, I don't know about that. I mean, the story so far was already pretty streamlined... the sandbox was not only utterly useless, it made the programming needlessly more complex (it's way easier to just write a story with multiple paths for RenPy, than to create a Sandbox-Map with events).
You needed Fitness, so you went to the gym ONCE. No need to do that multiple times.
You needed to buy a suit, so you went to the store ONCE. Again, no need to do that multiple times.
Every sandbox-location was ever only used when needed for that particular part of the story. Deviating from that story didn't earn or reward you anything. Normaly you would say "well, maybe it will be needed in future updates?", to which I can only say: If that were the case, the dev would have stuck with the sandbox-mode.

As much as it hurt me to say this (I REALLY think this guy was super talented), it's just yet another example of a hobby dev, who started developing a game without having thought about the process or end goal. No road map detailing which version should reach a milestone, not even a clear image of what the game is supposed to be in the end. Did he even have a complete storyboard? Think of all the games that get abandoned half way through, because the devs run out of ideas or wrote themselves into a corner. Or all the games on here that put out updates that break your savegames (looking at you DeLuca Family...every update...). Why does this happen? Because they decided to put stuff in that requires variables, they didn't think about before. THAT'S the real issue with so many games on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: lTTMl

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
... (looking at you DeLuca Family...every update...). ...
this is the first update where I had to restart for DeLuca so not sure what was happening with your saves.

I agree with the rest of what you wrote (which is why I didn't keep it in the above) Sandbox was a complete waste for this game, but the game was good in spite of that. Too bad it won't get completed.

3.60 star(s) 7 Votes