Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
The boss fights to be honest aren't all that hard especially if you start from the beginning. In fact here is some tips to make them easier

1) When fighting whenever the boss goes intangible (or in the knight's case hide's behind his shield) never attack them. Not only will you miss or waste energy attacking them but when they attack you they will do double the damage to you. Instead block (if you are out of ecto energy or don't have intangibility yet) to cut the damage in half or use Intangibility yourself to avoid it altogether.

2) when you level up don't put any point into HP. There is a cheat code for this anyways and said points are far better invested into upping your attack power. I personally also add one into ecto energy so I can have 3 ecto energy beams instead of 2.

3) when you get to orgone power up save it for the tougher fights and don't waste it on easy ones. While some matches are indeed fixed on where you can and can't use it is as i pointed out best saved for the harder rights.

4) Every battle (with the exception of when you fight Ember for the first time) is winnable. so if you know you about to start a fight with a character save before doing so. While some battles are indeed easily others you do need a little bit of luck to win.
I know and I have fought and beat them all (initially didn't know there were branch paths like a dum-dum so didn't save...sooooo need to play all over for other routes :rolleyes:)....but the bosses are annoyances really and not actually fun to defeat, after you beat them once they just become annoyance I don't want to deal in other saves. Add to it the fact you can't skip the battles and it's too much unnecessary time spent. Another annoyance is that, the branch path takes more than one day to unfold i.e multiple days or weeks (eg. the prom event makes you choose your date about a week earlier than the prom so to play all scenes you need to play that week 4 times)....so I just wanna know if someone can and wants to or has created a everything on one playthrough mod or not

Reactions: DirtyLilBastid

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
No she isn't. I am talking about the fight on the new version, not the previous ones btw (the one in the quest to have sex with maddie). I tried almost 50 times.
Yes it is, I literally beat that one right after quoting you on my third try! Using I might add a new game where I started straight at that episode.

It all boiled down to luck.

I put all my stat points into strength.

Watched for when she got ready to use fire and would go invisible. O would block me he rest because of use the rest of my ep for two ghost blasts.

Block when she went transparent that way she wouldn't get a free full damage hit in and then I'd just punch until I was in a position where I had barely more health then she did and unless she fire breath I would survive a tail strike as I did two consecutive punches to win.

Bit of she did something like 3-4 fire breathes in a row, which is something she did in my first fight, you basically lost because you can't consecutively trade blows with her the even if you block a 4.

Reactions: Morah SDG

somedude0909

Feb 13, 2018
I can't get the game to launch. Every time I start it up it I just get a white screen that's (Not Responding). I tried re-downloading it but same problem. All other Ren'Py game work fine. I don't know what's going wrong. Please help!

PolarJade

Sep 24, 2017
I have an issue where even once I'm past the dance, and trying to do other stuff, on Saturday night I can't move on. It repeats the whole dance event and then throws a bug and I can't move on with the Ember event.

Fenarius

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
Okay, so how do I access the new Maddie scene? I have to eat something in the afternoon but entering the kitchen does nothing, on any day. And "The Secret Gift" still has a ? with"Guess I'll be spending the night alone as usual".

Reactions: CharleyT

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
On another note I will give my opinion and thoughts about this entire update.

I have been waiting for this update for months and now that it has finally come I have to say despite a few bumps and scrapes it was worth the wait. one of my biggest gripes about Ember in the canon was unlike Desiree who had her backstory 100% within the series Ember's full backstory wasn't and you had to look it up on a wiki page to even find it out and like the rest she was left really linear as well. But here just like with Desiree Ember's back story was not only given but we got to see her personality developed big time. I also loved the Ember/Desiree bonding time scene and who they went from being at each other's throats to actually getting along which was a massive plus for me.
It's a relief to hear I got this character right, given there really wasn't a lot to go on, but she's a very aesthetically interesting character.

Deleted member 361485

Jan 4, 2018
Ok what the hell is wrong with my game. these fights are mathematically unbeatable. i tried over and over till i got the perfect scenario against rock and roll dude and nope, 1 hit away from killing him. it can't be done. so i tried another route, got dragon bitch who is way worse. wtf am i supposed to level up? i can click on my portrait and see my lv/points but thats it?

Reactions: SiuKim
Dec 29, 2018
Ok what the hell is wrong with my game. these fights are mathematically unbeatable. i tried over and over till i got the perfect scenario against rock and roll dude and nope, 1 hit away from killing him. it can't be done. so i tried another route, got dragon bitch who is way worse. wtf am i supposed to level up? i can click on my portrait and see my lv/points but thats it?
Just rollback until you can go into Danny’s room and just use the cheats. For orgone it’s “MoarPowah” and for health it’s “LifeUp”. You have to make sure you use caps where I typed. This is honestly way better than trying to do the stupid level up crap. It caused me a lot of frustration trying to do that, so spare yourself the same.

Deleted member 361485

Jan 4, 2018
Just rollback until you can go into Danny’s room and just use the cheats. For orgone it’s “MoarPowah” and for health it’s “LifeUp”. You have to make sure you use caps where I typed. This is honestly way better than trying to do the stupid level up crap. It caused me a lot of frustration trying to do that, so spare yourself the same.
Hey thanks, this is just what I did - still weird that cheats are the only way to advance tho? Like the game design implies there is some battle you can go to and level up, but there just isn't : /

Reactions: Turtlesweater42
Dec 29, 2018
Hey thanks, this is just what I did - still weird that cheats are the only way to advance tho? Like the game design implies there is some battle you can go to and level up, but there just isn't : /
Yeah I’ve been thinking the exact same thing for a while now. My problem was fighting the bear in chapter 6... it WAS NOT POSSIBLE. I had everything leveled up and I still couldn’t beat it. So I figured screw it, I’ll just cheat and now I don’t have to worry about it anymore. This game desperately needs a rework on the fighting mechanics. But I’m cool with it for now thanks to those cheats :D.

Rokp

Aug 21, 2019
I think I’ll wait for the next update. This version has a bug that makes me do the dance part all over again and then it crashes.

dordicle

Feb 24, 2019
the fights were more possible this time. some of the fights in the old updates were beatable but pretty dang hard, had to reload saves a few times for some of those fights. the ones now are much more doable. i'm digging the direction of the story and the sex scenes are great too. cant wait for the next one so i can see the other options and where the story with ember and sam goes

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes