preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
I stand by what I said about the new art being more pleasing to the eyes from a pure quality standpoint. Gzone's art has a bit of a shading and glossiness to it that can be kinda harsh. I also stand by what I said about not really having an issue with this art if it was the art from the beginning. I enjoyed Danny Phantom for what it was but I don't really need the art of the game to be perfect to the show but sexualized, but I do feel like it was a better choice than the using the anime style from the start.

Having played the update though, the new art with the old sprites just seems really poorly thought out and seems like a very bad direction moving forward. We can discuss the thoughts behind a slower approach with Jazz but her nipple is still visible in her towel sprite rendering the whole conversation rather pointless. Two art styles in one game that differ this much is just heavily jarring.

I feel the only intelligent way forward is to redo the entire games art including sprites (canceling out any reason to use the new artist in the first place seeing as this was seemingly done for speed reasons) or go back to the Gzone art/try to emulate it as closely as possible so it matches the sprites and is much less jarring.

Red88

Jan 18, 2021
I have a problem, I can't finish the Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star event, when I return the prank back to Star, according to the walkthrough, says that when going home that night, Sam will send an obscene photo on Danny's PDA , but she doesn't send anything!

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
Why not leave both the original and new art styles in the game, and have them toggleable so people can see the one they prefer? The game Ravager has such an option if you need to see an example of how it would work in Ren'Py. I personally prefer the original art style because Gzone did a phenomenal job making the characters look like they just stepped out of DP reruns, however i know some people like the new "anime" art style. This option will allow both parties to be satisfied and hopefully draw in more players.
https://f95zone.to/threads/ravager-v4-2-4-4minutewarning.26476/
Because it'd make the game twice as large for everyone with no benefits, you'd have two different art styles but if you don't care about one of them you'd just be wasting space.

btpirg

Aug 7, 2016
Hey everybody, glad to see everybody enjoying the new update!

Okay, but seriously, here again to answer some things, and clear up some stuff: The job of designing new character portraits went to Psymind a few months back. He's a talented artist who wanted to add his own spin on the designs. I get the impression that GZone is just not a fan of characters being tubby/having some plump to them, even if it adds variety. His ideal model form is something like Nurse Kate, and that's generally what a lot of the other characters end up looking like. So, to make them a little different at least, Psymind drew these new portraits (Valerie Gray and Principal Ishiyama) as slightly off-model to suit GZone's vision, but still trying to give them a little bit of their original design. Obviously though, that's not what everyone is mainly upset about, so...

GZone and I both thought that the game needed to have some change to the art in terms of production. I think we gravely mistook a bulk of the fan's disinterest in diverging any amount in terms of style from the original show. I don't think that what Psymind pitched and what GZone approved of was entirely perfect, but I still think it was a good start and showed more competence in the art department, something GZone agreed with, even when it was replacing *his* art.

We've since heard the complaints and have agreed that despite our intentions to improve, there shouldn't have been *as* dramatic a shift. Psymind has been great during this, asking to receive a number of your critiques and feedback so that he may improve things for the better. We don't know the *exact* way we're planning on amending some of the issues you guys have raised, but we believe there is room for change and improvement.

Also, to mention the Jazz bath scene, in particular, we thought that so early on, there shouldn't have been such a visually jarring glimpse of Jazz's nudity for the sake of the storyline progression. We thought that as things go on with each character, there should be some sort of general progression feeling, more in line with raising the tension. Hence, no explicit nudity for Jazz's FIRST scene between brother and sister.

And Psymind agrees he actually messed up on that one in parts so it is also his least favorite image he's done. We both think the framing of the head is odd. Again, potential growth for change.

Anyway, I simply write all this to say "Hey, if you don't like it, I'm sorry, we're not perfect, we're gonna listen and improve". We're not so far up our own asses to think that what we've put out is perfect or that we can't take constructive criticism. We're going to keep working at this so that people enjoy what we're doing, that's why I work on Amity Park. That's why I do this job.

Closing thoughts, what do you guys think of this Penelope Spectra design? Is this something that falls within more of your interests, or if it's another "Goddammit, they even fucked up Spectra" type of feeling.

Cheers.
View attachment 1296334
Spectra looks great, but as ReaCreations said, that doesnt mean much if she doesnt look like that in the sex scenes as well. If you maintain this through the sex scenes, if you redo the Paulina and Jazz stuff (and the few Maddie images on the main menu) so its more in line with this version of Spectra, I think all the complaints will stop.

Side note, I may have been the one that said that the new versions were unrecognizable, I stand by that. If you werent on a forum thread about DP, and you just showed those images to someone you know watched the show they wouldnt say, "Oh thats Pauline and Maddie. (And now Jazz too)" Theyd say "Whos that?" and then AFTER you told them it was Paulina, Maddie and Jazz theyd say "OK, I can kinda see that. Thats pretty good fan art." whereas if you showed them the original artwork they might legitimately think one of the artist from the show was drawing dirty pictures of the cartoons. (Like Bruce Timms more adult DC stuff. Which is what makes Something Unlimited so good, I could easily believe Timm was working for Gunsmoke. lol) Currently with that main menu image of Maddie, you could very easily change the haircolor to blond, put a 4 on her chest and ppl will believe shes Sue Storm, And Maddie Fenton doesnt look like Sue Storm.

Last edited:

blob69420

Apr 19, 2018
I think the art doesn't really make a game and I really care too much one way or another for the styles (though I prefer the old). I just think this was a massive waste of time. Like, the whole reason adult games are stimulating is the immersive and literary aspects, not so much the art. If we wanted to just view art we could all just fuck off to paheal. Lots of the most popular games on this site have just atrocious art, but people come back because either there's a decent rate of content or good writing (or it fits their kinks; beggars can't be choosers).

I read a comment last summer when a few of the games on here were starting redux projects that said that these types of updates invariably kill games. Since then I think they've been right on almost all of the games that were undertaking those endeavors.

Reactions: Morah SDG

btpirg

Aug 7, 2016
Anyone have the cheat codes for the computer?
The only one that works (last i checked) is to unlock the gallery, use the console commands.

combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseAttack = value you want
combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseEctoPool = value you want
combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseHealthPool = value you want
combatant_player_Danny.comb_attr_BaseOrgone = value you want

markus T

Engaged Member
Jun 11, 2017
You really don't need cheats at all in this....combat gets pretty easy quick. The 1st fight between ember and shadow are pretty much lose/lose. 2nd fight with shadow you faceroll him. Haven't got to embers second fight since the bust stop appears to be bugged

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Hey everybody, glad to see everybody enjoying the new update!

Okay, but seriously, here again to answer some things, and clear up some stuff: The job of designing new character portraits went to Psymind a few months back. He's a talented artist who wanted to add his own spin on the designs. I get the impression that GZone is just not a fan of characters being tubby/having some plump to them, even if it adds variety. His ideal model form is something like Nurse Kate, and that's generally what a lot of the other characters end up looking like. So, to make them a little different at least, Psymind drew these new portraits (Valerie Gray and Principal Ishiyama) as slightly off-model to suit GZone's vision, but still trying to give them a little bit of their original design. Obviously though, that's not what everyone is mainly upset about, so...

GZone and I both thought that the game needed to have some change to the art in terms of production. I think we gravely mistook a bulk of the fan's disinterest in diverging any amount in terms of style from the original show. I don't think that what Psymind pitched and what GZone approved of was entirely perfect, but I still think it was a good start and showed more competence in the art department, something GZone agreed with, even when it was replacing *his* art.

We've since heard the complaints and have agreed that despite our intentions to improve, there shouldn't have been *as* dramatic a shift. Psymind has been great during this, asking to receive a number of your critiques and feedback so that he may improve things for the better. We don't know the *exact* way we're planning on amending some of the issues you guys have raised, but we believe there is room for change and improvement.

Also, to mention the Jazz bath scene, in particular, we thought that so early on, there shouldn't have been such a visually jarring glimpse of Jazz's nudity for the sake of the storyline progression. We thought that as things go on with each character, there should be some sort of general progression feeling, more in line with raising the tension. Hence, no explicit nudity for Jazz's FIRST scene between brother and sister.

And Psymind agrees he actually messed up on that one in parts so it is also his least favorite image he's done. We both think the framing of the head is odd. Again, potential growth for change.

Anyway, I simply write all this to say "Hey, if you don't like it, I'm sorry, we're not perfect, we're gonna listen and improve". We're not so far up our own asses to think that what we've put out is perfect or that we can't take constructive criticism. We're going to keep working at this so that people enjoy what we're doing, that's why I work on Amity Park. That's why I do this job.

Closing thoughts, what do you guys think of this Penelope Spectra design? Is this something that falls within more of your interests, or if it's another "Goddammit, they even fucked up Spectra" type of feeling.

Cheers.
View attachment 1296334
The new artist was very skill and talent, but I must prefer he should have redraw the Jazz bath CG to look as close with the original as possible with the same fully exposed of her naked body and pose but with his own style of art
Penelope Spectra look 10/10 would love to fuck her until she go ahegao

Reactions: Morah SDG
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes