Luciuss

Nov 28, 2017
Will fresh start fix this, I am getting the same error from last update. Right after finishing "A friend in need" quest on football field?

While running game code:
File "game/code/home.rpy", line 526, in <module>
File "game/code/time_and_space.rpy", line 26, in increment_time
NameError: global name 'sam_contact' is not defined

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Don't think so tbh the main problem with Summertime Saga is how the devs behaves like a dicks to everyone and keeps reworking everything in each version
He isn't doing it 'to be a dick', it's because when he started, he didn't know how to code in Ren'Py, and they have found better ways to do things. All of those things need to be reworked to go with the new system, and to finally ensure save compatibility. I don't know if you have noticed, but since these reworks have been happening, the save file size has gone from 4-5meg per save, to 4-500kb, and the save speed has decreased dramatically along with that.

Having taken a look at some of your comments Devian
I will try to give it another fresh go from the new download this afternoon.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Tell me this has animation and I'll have a perfect fap material.

Edit after a while: I checked the changelog, saw the word "animated", I'm downloading..
Yeah sorry, I was in the middle of a skype conversation with the main developer talking business plans. Yes, there are currently 10 animations, with plenty of other non animated h-scene type materials put in. Also, we have a whole plethora of animations in the future to come, so we're just getting started. Enjoy your download!

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I have found unren enabled console and developer mode but the cheats are still not working what to do??
That I don't know. I use unren to enable the console but rely on people who understand ren'py to provide the proper variables to use. My programming experience is BASIC and Pascal.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That I don't know. I use unren to enable the console but rely on people who understand ren'py to provide the proper variables to use. My programming experience is BASIC and Pascal.
All you need is notepad to enable the console. Just have to switch from 'False' to 'True'.

...I remember a little BASIc and HTML. :winkytongue:

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Do we also get choice to give up Danny human side and turn him into a fully evil ghost like it was one of those episodes where he killed most of his friends?
That was Dark Danny, and that was like a WHOLE storyline. We figure we haven't quite got a "main overarching" story like a Summertime Saga, where you're constantly thinking about the mob and your dad's mysterious death, as an example. Right now, we're just kinda focusing on events and storylines that happened specifically in Season 1. That's our focus, probably for the next 4-5 updates.

Reactions: TheDevian

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So what kind of update schedule are you guys thinking about monthly, bi-monthly, or just whenever its ready?

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So what kind of update schedule are you guys thinking about monthly, bi-monthly, or just whenever its ready?
We're hoping to make them faster than they were, but we really aren't gonna say publicly when we think our updates are gonna be like in the future until we know pretty certainly within the week when it'll be released. We don't wanna hold ourselves down by dates and disappoint people with delays of handfuls of days or weeks. Faster, however, is the key idea of what we're going for.

Dracula Belmont

Prince of Darkness
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
We're hoping to make them faster than they were, but we really aren't gonna say publicly when we think our updates are gonna be like in the future until we know pretty certainly within the week when it'll be released. We don't wanna hold ourselves down by dates and disappoint people with delays of handfuls of days or weeks. Faster, however, is the key idea of what we're going for.
So in future we can expect Dark Danny and other things right?

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So in future we can expect Dark Danny and other things right?
I mean, again, for things like Dani or Dark Danny, we're talking a couple years. It'll be based on when people want to see them, and when we want to offer the options to people to vote.

phoenix04

Jun 13, 2018
Episode 3 - A friend in need
how do you talk to Tucker about Sam's tryouts??
or where is he??

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes