Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
How do I prank choose who to Prank in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Clicking on the girl's locker room does not make me start it.
You get the Dildo, and then you gotta click on the locker in the morning, then progress it until there is a choice to do so.

Reactions: TheDevian

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
when is this game going to meet its end?
Maybe two years? Who knows, we might even take a break to work on another game and then come back to this one. You'll see plenty of Maddie, Jazz, Ember, Paulina and Sam content before that happens though.

Reactions: L33tmaster

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
really hoping for this game to get completed. i love the art and its flow.
Well me and GZone love working together, so even if we take a break on Amity, you can still expect plenty of great content from us here. :)

Prim.

Jan 1, 2018
so far as i end the current version, i love the sam and nurse kate scenes. really looking forward for those characters.

Reactions: Morah SDG

uscmiller22

Oct 6, 2018
Morah obviously it's still really early in the game for the next updates. But do you guys have a schedule or specific months you are shooting for with the episodes 5 & 6 you mentioned above?

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Morah obviously it's still really early in the game for the next updates. But do you guys have a schedule or specific months you are shooting for with the episodes 5 & 6 you mentioned above?
We do, we're just not talking about them publicly at the moment. When you hear about them, it'll be within like a week of it being released to the top tiers. We're keeping things closer to the vest, we don't want to make people worry or wet their appetite too early. If we get pushed back a bit, we'd only end up upsetting or burning people a bit.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Love the art style, setting, and animation. Very good work. Story construction however, is a complete train wreck. Content is extremely shallow.

Lots of potential, but imo this game is going down the wrong path.
Well, what do you think should be happening differently?

May 29, 2017
Well, what do you think should be happening differently?
@Mora, all due respect. Im simply an arm chair analyst here. Im critical because I like your game.

-The episodic structure serves no identifiable purpose, aside from jumping in and playing where you want. In which case, if its specific content the player is looking for, its already on the bedroom computer for replay?
-The concept is strong (baddies infiltrating town with all sorts of objectives and schemes. MC must seek increasing forms of stimulation to challenge more powerful foes). This concept and realization needs to be identified much earlier, emphasized, and be the soul focus of the MC. I felt like this premise was something casually implied for progression sake.
-The episodes keep you on a strict path and disconnects you from everything else. You're guided through a brief development then it simply ends with little to no continuity to the next episode.
-As far as content goes, the models are very nice, but have few characters overall. Few items, locations, side quests, etc
-Like other map crawlers, this games episodes seem to be pieced and progress away from one another where other games would have all this content together and functioning as the base .1 version, setting up to branch off multiple directions. I feel like in your story, characters exist and cease to exist between episodes.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
@Mora, all due respect. Im simply an arm chair analyst here. Im critical because I like your game.

-The episodic structure serves no identifiable purpose, aside from jumping in and playing where you want. In which case, if its specific content the player is looking for, its already on the bedroom computer for replay?
-The concept is strong (baddies infiltrating town with all sorts of objectives and schemes. MC must seek increasing forms of stimulation to challenge more powerful foes). This concept and realization needs to be identified much earlier, emphasized, and be the soul focus of the MC. I felt like this premise was something casually implied for progression sake.
-The episodes keep you on a strict path and disconnects you from everything else. You're guided through a brief development then it simply ends with little to no continuity to the next episode.
-As far as content goes, the models are very nice, but have few characters overall. Few items, locations, side quests, etc
-Like other map crawlers, this games episodes seem to be pieced and progress away from one another where other games would have all this content together and functioning as the base .1 version, setting up to branch off multiple directions. I feel like in your story, characters exist and cease to exist between episodes.
All very fair points, I just don't think we have the capability to tackle a more fleshed out and livable world at the moment with the bare team we have at the moment, and the size of our backers where they currently stand. All of our assets related to portrait models and backgrounds are done by hand, all by one person.

Our animator is only hired on for sketches of fluid animation, not the coloring, not the shading, not the actual finalized line work. All of that stuff belongs to GZone in terms of priority and duties. With characters not being allowed to exist within the town, we're kind of at a crossroads, because usually, if you add a feature or an asset, you want to utilize that functionality from the beginning. The problem comes from actually have to go about and putting missing models (Lancer, Paulina, Tucker, Jazz, Valerie, Star) in environments where they are consistently allowed to be accessed and interactable (Unlike already existing models like Sam, Maddie, and Jack). Once you put those things in, it takes time and effort to put those things in, retroactively.

That's the reason we have the Episode Jumps exist, and why old saves do not work. As soon as we put in additional logic and assets that didn't exist at the time the player played at the end of the previous update, the renpy engine doesn't know how to get to a thing it doesn't know exists. So restarting just make things much easier for the game, and for the player as users.

As to the Episode Jumps, they serve to help the player progress to any stage of the game they were at before they finished the entirety of an episode. Not everyone who plays our game is a new player, but sometimes there are new people who view our game. We want them to have the freedom to tackle the game at any stage, pretty much.

The best way I could describe our game development, especially since major changes have happened with the use of new optimization features (the reason why even big games like Summertime Saga are choosing to redo their models), is that we could start a NEW, completely different game, with better ideas, faster, and done right from the beginning. Which is our plan for something after we finish Amity Park. But, considering we know how to make a game better than when we did at the start of this project, we can only try to pick the pace of the game to where we want it to be, but it's not the easiest thing to rebuild the foundation of a building post the groundwork already being laid. Long story short, I appreciate the feedback, I hope I alleviated some of your worry about the game. Thanks again.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
any plans for dani or spectra content
Spectra was open to the poll for Episode 6, actually but it pretty much got beat out by a desire to see a Maddie update, behind an Ember McClaine episode, and a real full Kitty and Johnny episode. Dani would be further down the line, as well.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes