May 29, 2017
All very fair points, I just don't think we have the capability to tackle a more fleshed out and livable world at the moment with the bare team we have at the moment, and the size of our backers where they currently stand. All of our assets related to portrait models and backgrounds are done by hand, all by one person.

Our animator is only hired on for sketches of fluid animation, not the coloring, not the shading, not the actual finalized line work. All of that stuff belongs to GZone in terms of priority and duties. With characters not being allowed to exist within the town, we're kind of at a crossroads, because usually, if you add a feature or an asset, you want to utilize that functionality from the beginning. The problem comes from actually have to go about and putting missing models (Lancer, Paulina, Tucker, Jazz, Valerie, Star) in environments where they are consistently allowed to be accessed and interactable (Unlike already existing models like Sam, Maddie, and Jack). Once you put those things in, it takes time and effort to put those things in, retroactively.

That's the reason we have the Episode Jumps exist, and why old saves do not work. As soon as we put in additional logic and assets that didn't exist at the time the player played at the end of the previous update, the renpy engine doesn't know how to get to a thing it doesn't know exists. So restarting just make things much easier for the game, and for the player as users.

As to the Episode Jumps, they serve to help the player progress to any stage of the game they were at before they finished the entirety of an episode. Not everyone who plays our game is a new player, but sometimes there are new people who view our game. We want them to have the freedom to tackle the game at any stage, pretty much.

The best way I could describe our game development, especially since major changes have happened with the use of new optimization features (the reason why even big games like Summertime Saga are choosing to redo their models), is that we could start a NEW, completely different game, with better ideas, faster, and done right from the beginning. Which is our plan for something after we finish Amity Park. But, considering we know how to make a game better than when we did at the start of this project, we can only try to pick the pace of the game to where we want it to be, but it's not the easiest thing to rebuild the foundation of a building post the groundwork already being laid. Long story short, I appreciate the feedback, I hope I alleviated some of your worry about the game. Thanks again.
@Mora. I did not take into consideration your production constraints, for which I apologize. My original comment was unwarranted because I was not in possession of the facts regarding these limitations. In which case, you've done an amazing job considering. The art in particular is quite impressive. Please continue as you have. Hope the Abyss Sales Lady gets some attention. Will be joining your Patreon in short order.

Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
@Mora. I did not take into consideration your production constraints, for which I apologize. My original comment was unwarranted because I was not in possession of the facts regarding these limitations. In which case, you've done an amazing job considering. The art in particular is quite impressive. Please continue as you have. Hope the Abyss Sales Lady gets some attention. Will be joining your Patreon in short order.
I figure nobody knows about that this game is only operated by two people (three of course, if you count our animator we commission for work). We're proud that some people would think we're a group larger than that. Plus, I've only been on since the end of August, so I feel we have plenty of room to grow. Much appreciated for your words of encouragement and desire to see our game grow even more. :)

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Okay, all the mirrors are complete as well.

accelfaiz555

Apr 27, 2017
needs more maddie and any jaz content. also the potential clothes picking definately has my interest, pity itll be another year before if at all we see halloween themed outfit options for the other ladies

Reactions: Early Cuyler

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
needs more maddie and any jaz content. also the potential clothes picking definately has my interest, pity itll be another year before if at all we see halloween themed outfit options for the other ladies
We don't know how best to make the customizable stuff work outside of the girls being "Kept" storywise. With ghosts, it makes a bit more sense since he can capture them, but with human girls, it's hard to figure out how to get to the whole "Wear what I want you to" stage.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
android version says 0.321 while the other version says 0.321 while win/mac says 0.32a. is that intended or is there a difference between each?
No, it might have just been a mistake when GZone was making the builds. There's no difference between Android, Mac or PC.

accelfaiz555

Apr 27, 2017
We don't know how best to make the customizable stuff work outside of the girls being "Kept" storywise. With ghosts, it makes a bit more sense since he can capture them, but with human girls, it's hard to figure out how to get to the whole "Wear what I want you to" stage.
add an element of corruption, have you seen any of the danny phantom pron comics? you could tweak like have danny phasing through someone cause them to be suggestible for a period of time or if you want that route allow danny to possess someone (leans towards some ntr elements). once possessed danny could have some fun including playing dressup or back to manipulation and the possessed person thinks it was their own idea or dream (like a inception thing)

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
add an element of corruption, have you seen any of the danny phantom pron comics? you could tweak like have danny phasing through someone cause them to be suggestible for a period of time or if you want that route allow danny to possess someone (leans towards some ntr elements). once possessed danny could have some fun including playing dressup or back to manipulation and the possessed person thinks it was their own idea or dream (like a inception thing)
I've seen that stuff done before in comics as you pointed out, but it's the same feeling as when I read them: that doesn't make sense to me in the world of Danny Phantom. I get that we don't really have to adhere solely to things strictly stated in DP, and we don't... but I'm just not a fan of the idea personally. But as you said, it'll be a bit before we get some full-on customization features for the human characters, which actually helps quite a bit, we can focus on the ghosts more and getting out updates faster.

Reactions: Cierne

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Good god Sempai, you ever going to let the sister out of her room?
Same with Tucker, Paulina, Star, Kwan, Dash, we're going to work them in slowly but surely. Interactable and all. We really don't want too much more *This is Currently Under Development*

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
So in 2030 we can expect this game to be finished?
I mean, we're working on it, and the game's only being made by two people. I don't know what games the potential scope of ours get finished within a year. Also, I'll just say, I'd love it if we were working on a game like Amity Park until 2030.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 60 Votes