Morah SDG

Development Consultant & Revision's Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
O
im on the boss fight in the mall he just does way too much damage. also the equipment from the lab quest is bugged or somethin so i may be missing a quest item?? im not sure
Only "equipment" we gave out in Episode 4 was the Fenton Thermos, and you can't really fight Tucker in the mall (the area I assume you're having trouble in) if you don't have it.

Leafless Twig

Dec 18, 2018
Back when it first came out, with a singular one man team that GZone had at his disposal, it was about a 3 month period for episodes that had maybe one or two animations with a couple mixes of fights in them. Now Amity Park and the GZone Group in general has 5 members in total. Episode 6 has been particularly tricky because we've also been working on another game, Breeding Farm, (which is certainly soon to release earlier than Episode 6 will) and with the more varying style of design and improvements we've been wanting to make in terms of production and attention to detail, it's been a bit of a handful to manage. We're working and getting better at managing both of them together though. Once Episode 6 comes out, I feel rebooting Amity Park in certain ways, creating and working on Episode 7, and working on more content for Breeding Farm will become a lot more manageable. Thanks for taking interest in our games.
- 4.8 months per chapter / episode in average
- 5 times more people , but no improvement in development speed
- creating another game "by the way"
- wall of text with shallow words / excuses
Good thing I'm not paying for something. Otherwise I would see many redflags in this.

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
I thought I was going to be gone for this Friday through Sunday period away from my PS4.
Plans fell through however, so I'm still here, controllers in hand.

Today we're gonna be wrapping up the en/living room of Vlad's chalet and trying to nail down this dock area.

Stream:

Reactions: Dragolord19d

Lordhellsing

Mar 16, 2018
DEAD GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morah SDG

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
You'd think people would have learned patience by now, given that a good 90% of the games on this site are Patreon projects..
I'm really not trying to make excuses for myself or others on the project, but considering all of us still have full time jobs to take care of, the two games we've been working on are for the very most part, just side projects that we put our own time and effort into. I will say though, that Breeding Farm is shaping up nice considering we took four months to build it up from scratch and had to do our best to emulate a game that was far more like Breeding Season than what Cloud Meadows is currently. I appreciate all patience and support, but of course, I also understand people not wanting to put in their hard earned cash into our project if they've felt it's too much for too little. To those people, I hope we make up for it with greater results.

scarfer

Nov 4, 2017
I'm really not trying to make excuses for myself or others on the project, but considering all of us still have full time jobs to take care of, the two games we've been working on are for the very most part, just side projects that we put our own time and effort into. I will say though, that Breeding Farm is shaping up nice considering we took four months to build it up from scratch and had to do our best to emulate a game that was far more like Breeding Season than what Cloud Meadows is currently. I appreciate all patience and support, but of course, I also understand people not wanting to put in their hard earned cash into our project if they've felt it's too much for too little. To those people, I hope we make up for it with greater results.
You have to remember that some people will piss and moan if they don't have an game update, or a progress update, the moment they believe they should have one (and some of those people will ignore posts by a dev that are 3 posts above their "Dead Game!!!" post). If the time you take on a project is getting quality work done, then you don't need to make an excuse to anyone.

HellcatxD

Jun 3, 2019
somehow i got stuck after the saturday night w sam/paulina/star, it keeps leading me to the dev's text and after that i cant go to bed, whenever i click on the bed, it says 'it's time for the dance", even the quest book said that the mission was done, can anyone help me how to get pass this ?

Last edited:

Kingvlad

Active Member woow
Mar 21, 2018

Hey guy, I hope you are all doing well.

We are finally wrapping up the two updates we were planning to release this month.

As you already know we are currently working on two games.

One of them is "Amity Park" and the new game is titled "Breeding Farm".
Unfortunately, I was too ambitious in trying to get both updates done at the same time. That's why we won't make it as planned.

The good thing is we got at least one of them done and you can expect to play it in two days.
The upcoming update will be our first release of "Breeding Farm",
about two weeks after that you can finally expect the newest update of Amity Park .

Luckily I am currently on a break from my job for two weeks. That's why I am feeling confident that we should be able to get the update done in two weeks.

Sorry to disappoint you if you were eagerly awaiting to play more of Amity Park. But I will promise you that I will devote my free time and get that update finally done.
In the meantime, please give our newest game a try and let us know how you like it.

Sincerely GZone

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Novice game developers pushing for two projects at the same time while their first was already lacking in consistency or content? Is it artistic ambition, recklessness or greed? Maybe the need for a valid-seeming excuse at the drop of a hat?
We'll never know. Welcome to Patreon, where the only thing getting fucked is your expectations.
For a Visual Novel, which is mostly text and pictures with some tacked-on combat, to have started nearly 2 years ago and have such a lack of content with such a simplistic art style and mechanics is nothing short of astounding, especially given that this drop-of-a-hat excuse only began cropping up recently and how much money it's been consistently making this long... oh wait it's hidden. That's not a red flag or anything, I'm glad that's a feature. Totally inline with the spirit of crowdfunding to hide your funding. Lol. That's just how it is with everything on Patreon though, oh well~

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Novice game developers pushing for two projects at the same time while their first was already lacking in consistency or content? Is it artistic ambition, recklessness or greed? Maybe the need for a valid-seeming excuse at the drop of a hat?
We'll never know. Welcome to Patreon, where the only thing getting fucked is your expectations.
For a Visual Novel, which is mostly text and pictures with some tacked-on combat, to have started nearly 2 years ago and have such a lack of content with such a simplistic art style and mechanics is nothing short of astounding, especially given that this drop-of-a-hat excuse only began cropping up recently and how much money it's been consistently making this long... oh wait it's hidden. That's not a red flag or anything, I'm glad that's a feature. Totally inline with the spirit of crowdfunding to hide your funding. Lol. That's just how it is with everything on Patreon though, oh well~
A bit pessimistic overall, understandable in light of your spoiler "signature" I guess.

Games developed by single people or small groups as a "when I'm not at my day job and have time project" usually have slow development cycles.

Should they be more transparent with their earnings? I don't know, are you willing to post your income for all to see?

As for Patreon (you know the funding site we all hate), they keep hamstringing developers with their requirements, so there is that to keep in mind.

Cheers!!

Reactions: Morah SDG

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Well, while my involvement with the development is purely with the writing side of things for both of the games (as of this coming release). I can say this, this update largely involves a whole new section of the map (in fact multiple sections) that have been very time consuming for G-Zone, Morah and the others to produce, leveled with a whole new game being built from scratch, it's very easy to see why there's such a delay.

But, now the foundations for the second game have been established, it should help make future releases faster.

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes