3.40 star(s) 189 Votes

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
K47.jpg

Hello Friends!

This week I finished another update. I'm satisfied with the fact that there were no bug reports and so we can move on. Next week we will start working on improving the English language, and all the other languages will start getting updated for the latest version as well. My plan for next week is to finalize phone messages and add a few more necessary functions for the phone. I also took a few days off after the update, otherwise nothing new. I will keep you guys posted.

With gratitude, SUPER ALEX

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

----------

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
View attachment 1638295

Hello Friends!

This week I finished another update. I'm satisfied with the fact that there were no bug reports and so we can move on. Next week we will start working on improving the English language, and all the other languages will start getting updated for the latest version as well. My plan for next week is to finalize phone messages and add a few more necessary functions for the phone. I also took a few days off after the update, otherwise nothing new. I will keep you guys posted.

With gratitude, SUPER ALEX

----------
he could at least say what he's planning for the next update

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
so no bugfixes?
Which bugs, could you specify? I might be interested about taking a look at them.
I just didn't happen to see any bugs in the latest update at all and I don't remember about previous ones.

Are you sure that these are game bugs and not imported by a mod?

Reactions: Boehser Onkel

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
Which bugs, could you specify? I might be interested about taking a look at them.
I just didn't happen to see any bugs in the latest update at all and I don't remember about previous ones.

Are you sure that these are game bugs and not imported by a mod?
I only know this one

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
And I didn't have that one, never seen it in fact. Unable to reproduce... I think..
I'll have to check. Is this happening only in the MC's room? Maybe I didn't notice it in that case.
/checking the icons in the MC's room
Nope, nothing. Working just fine.

screenshot0001.jpg

Are you sure you haven't added any mods? Your saves aren't made while using a mod in the past?

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Bugfix updated to v0.85a (and only for this version!)

Contains files game/scripts/Global/defines.rpy and game/scripts/Scenes/Kate FreeRoam.rpy :
  • a fix for Kate's test #2 (3 bugs there still present in v0.85a)
  • added a fix for double map icons being displayed for some, in case all events for day 2, "the faucet fixing day" have been finished and the flag AC_2d5_Finish_Acts been set to True accordingly, but FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome flag is still also True, creating a situation that should not be possible. The fix just sets FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome to False in case AC_2d5_Finish_Acts is True at save file loading time.

The fix is attached below, just extract it into the main folder (root folder) of the game, where the launcher files (Amnesia.exe, Amnesia.sh, Amnesia.py) are and fixed files will pop into correct subfolders.

However, both tests are just a waste of time, they won't progress the game nor reward you in any way. Nor will these result be remembered :p
Feel free doing these pointless "cosmo" tests and waste your time.

Last edited:

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
And I didn't have that one, never seen it in fact. Unable to reproduce... I think..
I'll have to check. Is this happening only in the MC's room? Maybe I didn't notice it in that case.
/checking the icons in the MC's room
Nope, nothing. Working just fine.

View attachment 1638538

Are you sure you haven't added any mods? Your saves aren't made while using a mod in the past?
I made that image that he posted,
I had used Scrappy Mod in a earlier version of the game.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Right, thank you both!

I haven't used neither. I've only played the original 6.94GB :eek: game and haven't seen this bug. Maybe that compressed version included Scrappy's mod already? No?

Maybe both of those mods are based on a previous bugged subversion of the game?

Ahchi , jaden_y

That navigation toolbar is defined in the file named GUI.rpy in the game/scripts/Global subfolder.
Here is the file from the game I played attached below, could you try if it makes a difference there, maybe?

Last edited:

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
Right, thank you both!

I haven't used neither. I've only played the original 6.94GB :eek: game and haven't seen this bug. Maybe that compressed version included Scrappy's mod already? No?

Maybe both of those mods are based on a previous bugged subversion of the game?

Ahchi , jaden_y

That navigation toolbar is defined in the file named GUI.rpy in the game/scripts/Global subfolder.
Here is the file from the game I played attached below, could you try if it makes a difference there, maybe?
it didn't work for me, I'm on v0.82a right now and I just remembered that this bug started on v0.8 original version, maybe you should look at the compressed version, I can also send you a save of mine if you want it

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
it didn't work for me, I'm on v0.82a right now and I just remembered that this bug started on v0.8 original version, maybe you should look at the compressed version, I can also send you a save of mine if you want it
Actually, now that I looked at the code of the file, the conditions for displaying the map icon are set as separate if statements, so in case more than one condition matches, more than one icon will be displayed, which seems to be the case:
Python:
        if task_2d2_Fix_faucet == 3 and FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start == False: # в этой сцене Кейт дает ГГ телефон
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для эпизода 2d2
                idle "gui/Interface/GUI MAP BTN idle.png"
                hover "gui/Interface/GUI MAP BTN hover.png"
                action [Show ("Map_2d2"), Play ("BG", "gui/Map/FX Map Open.mp3")]

if FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start: # как только пришел в Mall
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для эпизода 2d3
                action [Show ("Map_2d3"), Play ("BG", "gui/Map/FX Map Open.mp3")]

if FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome: # как только пришел домой из Mall
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для эпизода 2d4
                action [Show ("Map_2d4"), Play ("BG", "gui/Map/FX Map Open.mp3")]

if AC_2d5_Finish_Acts: # Закончить акты и переход к FREE ROAM
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для полного FREE ROAM
                if day_time == "MORNING":
                    action [Show ("Map_1"), Play ("BG", "gui/Map/FX Map Open.mp3")]
                elif day_time == "MIDDAY":
                    action [Show ("Map_2"), Play ("BG", "gui/Map/FX Map Open.mp3")]
                elif day_time == "EVENING":
                    action [Show ("Map_3"), Play ("BG", "gui/Map/FX Map Open.mp3")]
                elif day_time == "NIGHT":
                    action [Show ("Map_4"), Play ("BG", "gui/Map/FX Map Open.mp3")]
So I put them all into a one:

Python:
        if task_2d2_Fix_faucet == 3 and not FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start:
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5):

elif FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start:

elif FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome:

elif AC_2d5_Finish_Acts:
I'm guessing that somewhere you guys have managed, maybe due to a previous bug or something, to skip one of the tasks required to move forward to a next task, that way the script that expected only one condition to be true, suddenly had two.
The new file should always display just one icon, but only the one that comes up first, that expects you to complete the task that you seem to have skipped.

To be able to identify the task you have skipped or only seem to, a task that didn't set a flag of completion, please open the console (Ctrl+o Shift+o) and give me the values of your:

task_2d2_Fix_faucet (should be 5 after fixing the faucet)
FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start (should be True only while visiting the Mall the first time, False before and after it)
FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome (True after coming back from the Mall, but set back to False after completing all tasks for day 2)
AC_2d5_Finish_Acts (True after finishing all content of day 2)

Just type the names into the console and press Enter, the answer you get is the value.

After finishing the second day (that is, starting from the third day) these values should be 5, False, True False and True. Set them accordingly if they are not. Remember that True and False and variable names are case sensitive!
(press the up arrow on your keyboard to get to a previously typed name of the value and add =5, =False and so on to it to set its value)

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So, I still have no idea which bugfest you keep referring to, cxx ?
well some groundhog daying if didn't do some thing on day x and saved on day z.

as for totallly me my mc can't get off from computer after watching that video. haven't tried with new game since have other games on plate.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
well some groundhog daying if didn't do some thing on day x and saved on day z.

as for totallly me my mc can't get off from computer after watching that video. haven't tried with new game since have other games on plate.
After watching the video there is a black arrow at the bottom of the screen pointing down, the same looking arrow as in other "corners" of the freeroam environment. I didn't notice it at first, either.

Groundhogging happened somewhere, but I'm not sure where it set me back to and where from. Had to repeat (once) some of the ending of the previous day with Kate being drunk.
I'm guessing it had something to do with the version update and probably won't happen if you start the game from the beginning. Just a guess at this time though, haven't really tested it.
These things happen from time to time with Ren'Py when the (last played) file from the previous version gets altered in the next version. Not really something I haven't seen before.

Last edited:

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
Actually, now that I looked at the code of the file, the conditions for displaying the map icon are set as separate if statements, so in case more than one condition matches, more than one icon will be displayed, which seems to be the case:
Python:
        if task_2d2_Fix_faucet == 3 and FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start == False: # в этой сцене Кейт дает ГГ телефон
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для эпизода 2d2

if FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start: # как только пришел в Mall
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для эпизода 2d3

if FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome: # как только пришел домой из Mall
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для эпизода 2d4

if AC_2d5_Finish_Acts: # Закончить акты и переход к FREE ROAM
            imagebutton anchor (0.5, 0.5): ############################ Карта для полного FREE ROAM
So I put them all into a one:

Python:
        if task_2d2_Fix_faucet == 3 and not FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start:

elif FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start:

elif FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome:

elif AC_2d5_Finish_Acts:
I'm guessing that somewhere you guys have managed, maybe due to a previous bug or something, to skip one of the tasks required to move forward to a next task, that way the script that expected only one condition to be true, suddenly had two.
The new file should always display just one icon, but only the one that comes up first, that expects you to complete the task that you seem to have skipped.

To be able to identify the task you have skipped or only seem to, a task that didn't set a flag of completion, please open the console (Ctrl+o) and give me the values of your:

task_2d2_Fix_faucet (should be 5 after fixing the faucet)
FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start (should be True only while visiting the Mall the first time, False before and after it)
FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome (True after coming back from the Mall)
AC_2d5_Finish_Acts (True after finishing all content of day 2)

Just type the names into the console and press Enter, the answer you get is the value.

After finishing the second day (that is, starting from the third day) these values should be 5, False, True and True. Set them accordingly if they are not. Remember that True and False and variable names are case sensitive!
(press the up arrow on your keyboard to get to a previously typed name of the value and add =5, =False and so on to it to set its value)
Ctrl + o doesn't open the console for me, I downloaded the new file attached and replaced it and now only the bugged map appears, the real one vanished :KEK:

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Ctrl + o doesn't open the console for me, I downloaded the new file attached and replaced it and now only the bugged map appears, the real one vanished :KEK:
The bugged map icon was to be expected, because one of the variables has a wrong value. We have to set that right to get the correct map icon.

Add attached file into your 'game' subfolder, it will enable dev tools, including console.

Now I have to go get some sleep before I have to go to work in the morning. That's it for now.

Ahchi

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2020
The bugged map icon was to be expected, because one of the variables has a wrong value. We have to set that right to get the correct map icon.

Add attached file into your 'game' subfolder, it will enable dev tools, including console.

Now I have to go get some sleep before I have to go to work in the morning. That's it for now.
Hi ,
My Variables are as follows;
Answers.
task_2d2_Fix_faucet = 5

FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start = False

FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome = True

AC_2d5_Finish_Acts = True

Yet I still get this

ps, "CTRL+o" did not work for me, Had to use "SHIFT+o" to open the console .

Last edited:

jaden_yuki

Jul 11, 2017
Hi ,
My Variables are as follows;
Answers.
task_2d2_Fix_faucet = 5

FR_firstTime_2d3_Mall_Start = False

FR_firstTime_2d4_BackHome = True

AC_2d5_Finish_Acts = True

Yet I still get this

ps, "CTRL+o" did not work for me, Had to use "SHIFT+o" to open the console .
same here

1644192822737.png

Penfold Mole one thing that can help you is that when I click on the bugged map appears a nighttime map where home is the only option available, which brings me to a previous free roam
Ahchi I'm pretty sure it's the same thing for you

screenshot0005.png

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 189 Votes