3.40 star(s) 189 Votes

shnackzie

Donor
May 7, 2020
After I go to bed first night the game ends. Is that the progress so far? Looks good though

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
It's take much time to code, than writing & rendering...

GentlePro

Jul 10, 2017
What?!!! lucky mark one of the most grindiest game ever!
We need to distinguish between grindiest and hardest, because if you tell me Lucky Mark is difficult to play without a walkthrough then sure that's true because doing specific tasks at specific times is not simple, so the solution to that was using the walkthrough and with it the game is a breeze. But saying that it's grindy is something different. You want grindy try Second Happiness and get back to me.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
lucky mark was not that grindy. and alex has already said this game will have little to no grind
I believe it when I see it. When a game has money system in it, that's a flag for a grindy ride, especially given the track record of Alex. Btw, if LM wasn't one of the grindiest game on the site ever, then Gumdrop is still working on Dual Family.

We need to distinguish between grindiest and hardest, because if you tell me Lucky Mark is difficult to play without a walkthrough then sure that's true because doing specific tasks at specific times is not simple, so the solution to that was using the walkthrough and with it the game is a breeze. But saying that it's grindy is something different. You want grindy try Second Happiness and get back to me.
It was both. You needed a detailed walkthrough to do things correctly, otherwise you missed out on a lot, also you needed to grind quite a bunch to achieve those goals. Just like Foot of the Mountains for example.

Reactions: selectivepaperclip

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Feb 19, 2017
When a game has money system in it, that's a flag for a grindy ride, especially given the track record of Alex.
The good thing about a grindy money system is that you can still cheat yourself to $100,000 or something and get on with the game.

The crazy thing about Lucky Mark was that there were scenes you could only do one day a week, that you had to repeat something like 8 times, inching forward in progress each time. If you messed up any part of that, well, better luck next week.

It may not be the most 'grindy' by some strict definitions because you're getting a bit of new content every time (compared to something like Son of a Bitch), but it's a very irritating design.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
When a game has money system in it, that's a flag for a grindy ride, especially given the track record of Alex. Btw, if LM wasn't one of the grindiest game on the site ever, then Gumdrop is still working on Dual Family.
there is some game (it's set to college/university) where ingame money (which is needed a lot) is either gotten by buying it or watching ads (limited per day and won't give enuf to advance anywhere in a day). gumdrop is still working on df (by making teasers not related to game).

• Haha
Reactions: EZ8lt

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
If you don't publish updates, the game can't be grindy. Amnesia is not grindy at all! :WeSmart:

there is some game (it's set to college/university) where ingame money (which is needed a lot) is either gotten by buying it or watching ads (limited per day and won't give enuf to advance anywhere in a day). gumdrop is still working on df (by making teasers not related to game).
Yeah, reusing old renders, cropping them and trying to pass them off as new previews is an incredibly exhausting job.

3.40 star(s) 189 Votes