3.40 star(s) 189 Votes

R3x0n

Apr 22, 2017

This is the dialog with the programmer and me (from discord) and the translation below. He wrote to me just right now, that’s all... I dont know what to say guys.. I am very upset (I would have posted the dialog between us yesterday, but it took a while to translate it)
From other news. I have already finished work on new locations and heroes (3 locations, 5 heroes) for the third act. Yesterday I already started to pose and render.
The new programmer is already delving into the essence of the work.
I try to treat the incident as a little trouble, because I have big plans for this project and this cannot stop me!
I would like to do compliments all subscribers as an apology, but right now I do not know what I can offer.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1816167

it's a good thing that idiot programmer is out of the picture now.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Just telling the truth. The Fiasco started with Lucky Mark near the end. The problem is that he's not surrounded by serious pplz. He needs a team and a serious one. Not some half assed programmer who asks for more money than needed or another one who quits the job just like that. He's got potential, but Super Alex is definitely not surrounded by a good team and that's what will kill this game quite soon if nothing is done.

Eikichi

Dec 18, 2018
Just telling the truth. The Fiasco started with Lucky Mark near the end. The problem is that he's not surrounded by serious pplz. He needs a team and a serious one. Not some half assed programmer who asks for more money than needed or another one who quits the job just like that. He's got potential, but Super Alex is definitely not surrounded by a good team and that's what will kill this game quite soon if nothing is done.
It doesn't mean that the game has no future and everything is over. SuperAlex just needs a reliable programmer, that's it. It's too early to bury the game or act like a vulture over dev's bad luck.

3xtreme

Jan 5, 2017
It's a shame that Alex has so many problems with the new project right from the get go. Hopefully he will stay true to his words and won't stop. :)

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
It doesn't mean that the game has no future and everything is over. SuperAlex just needs a reliable programmer, that's it. It's too early to bury the game or act like a vulture over dev's bad luck.
Almost every devs specialize in their domain, development. As Super Alex doesn't seem to be good with programming, he's losing time and potential patreons, be it from here or another source. Do you think it's in his favor to continuously delay the releases because of programming issues ?

Either Dude decides to spend money in a part-time programming course and learns to do it himself while creating renders,
Or keep on searching for a serious programmer and losing time. Either way, the problem is " bad organization ". Before you start a project, you must be sure that you've got all the resources required to do so. If you played Lucky Mark, you should know about all the drama that occured. Some devs learn from their mistakes, others don't. I've got nothing against Super Alex. Just exposing objective facts.

Eikichi

Dec 18, 2018
Do you think it's in his favor to continuously delay the releases because of programming issues ?
I think it's obvious that SuperAlex was frustrated with the situation he got unfortunately involved, but you cannot foresee everything. How do you think he should predict human factor? You cannot guarantee that this or that programmer will be reliable enough to continue to work with.

Either Dude decides to spend money in a part-time programming course and learns to do it himself while creating renders,
Or keep on searching for a serious programmer and losing time.
Are you for real now? Do you even have some experience in programming to suggest this as alternative?

Either way, the problem is " bad organization ". Before you start a project, you must be sure that you've got all the resources required to do so.
No, it's not. Again, you cannot predict human factor. SuperAlex started to work on this game with the programmer in mind (I mean we already have the first release with him), he couldn't know that there are will be problems with him later.

Basically, what you doing right now is speculating and act like you own a successful game development company. Because otherwise, I don't understand why you giving advices about game development without knowing the whole situation to begin with.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I think it's obvious that SuperAlex was frustrated with the situation he got unfortunately involved, but you cannot foresee everything. How do you think he should predict human factor? You cannot guarantee that this or that programmer will be reliable enough to continue to work with.

Are you for real now? Do you even have some experience in programming to suggest this as alternative?

No, it's not. Again, you cannot predict human factor. SuperAlex started to work on this game with the programmer in mind (I mean we already have the first release with him), he couldn't know that there are will be problems with him later.

Basically, what you doing right now is speculating and act like you own a successful game development company. Because otherwise, I don't understand why you giving advices about game development without knowing the whole situation to begin with.
Look, bud. I've got nothing against you too, but there's something I just hate. It's subjective comments and white knighting. So, think what you want, and I'll keep on thinking and commenting what I want too. It's a free world :) I just don't want to lose my time anymore on futile debates.

and FYI, I'm not a rookie in development and programming, even though I don't specialize in those. Those were obligatory modules in my course. I don't own a development company, but I'm free to SAY what I want. When you go to a movie and dislike it, does anyone ask you if you own a movie studio ? No... So, your reasoning is irrelevant and hypocrite.

Reactions: Kermit79

Eikichi

Dec 18, 2018
Look, bud. I've got nothing against you too, but there's something I just hate. It's subjective comments and white knighting.
I've nothing against you too, but I don't like when people start speculating without facts. I'm just seeing no reason for bashing dev for something he cannot predict.

and FYI, I'm not a rookie in development and programming, even though I don't specialize in those. Those were obligatory modules in my course. I don't own a development company, but I'm free to SAY what I want. When you go to a movie and dislike it, does anyone ask you if you own a movie studio ? No... So, your reasoning is irrelevant and hypocrite.
So you also giving advices how they should organize movie making process? I don't think so. And FYI, I work in a game industry, not as an independent developer though. So it's just hard sometimes to ignore comments like yours.

I just don't want to lose my time anymore on futile debates.
Here I can agree with you.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I've nothing against you too, but I don't like when people start speculating without facts. I'm just seeing no reason for bashing dev for something he cannot predict.
I'm not bashing him. I'm just pointing out his bad organisation. ;) Truth be told, I always analyse things with a marketing view. Business plan, business model, ROI, etc... I'm what you can call a Digital Marketing Strategist.

And no, I'm not a movie studio owner... You didn't get the point. What I mean is criticism, be it constructive or just hateful, is free. The way you put before it is like I don't have the right to say anything, just because I'm not in his shoes. True and not true. That's why I told you if you go to the cinema and felt like spending your money watching a shitty movie and criticize it, how would you react if anyone then asked you if you were the owner of a movie studio, just because you didn't like the product ? It's not relevant, you see? :) The same principle can be applied to music, video games, theater, etc... Peace.

Reactions: Kermit79
D

Deleted member 1816167

Super Alex is one of the handful of developers i actually trust. He was very consistent with lucky mark, at least 90% of the time he delivered the update on the exact date he promised. so i don't think this little incident is going to end the development of this game.

3.40 star(s) 189 Votes