5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Dev explains what it is all about. It's just "realism" so to speak. People have sex. That's just how the world works. It's not about NTR, it's about people doing what people do (have sex). Human nature.

But I get that some people don't like others having sex, regardless if it is NTR or not, so dev added a choice for you in this newest update to disable it completely (happens after that discussion in the images).
Like I mentioned above, there's so far only one scene where someone has sex that doesn't involve the MC. But it's kind of important towards building the story between the characters and backstory to what is going on.

Kate, the doctor, is sleeping with Anton behind Adrenne's back. After catching her, she explains her reasoning behind it. To keep Anton from exploting the girls and abusing them. So she keeps him satisfied instead to keep him from using the girls.

So story wise, it fits. So yeah, the dev pretty much says it. If it fits with the story, it will happen. I know some people see that as NTR, and they are more than welcome to. And if they don't play the game because of it, then so be it. All I'm saying is just cause something like that happened for story purposes, doesn't mean it is going to be a full on NTR game and the MC will be a "loser cuck".

It's just part of the story that needed to be told is all so we have a better understanding of what has been going on on that planet and the situation of everything. Not everything is peaches and roses. Some sacrifice to save others. Even if it is their... pride lol.
First off, I brought up the En Tee Argh discussion, so in the future, please quote my post or something so I'd be alerted to it. As it stands I had to voluntarily scroll down to find your post about it.

Second, I have NEVER played the game and I just wanted to know what kind of content was in the game or is GOING to be in the game.

Third, I really wouldn't have cared about the "NTR" if it was ANYONE else but Kate, which is the only really good looking girl in the banner image... Like, she's the best looking girl by miles and she was sacrificed for the "plot." If the NTR content with her is forced no matter what you do, I have no reason to still be here.

Fourth, she isn't JUST a stranger, a Love Interest isn't about time served in the game, it's about how much she's gonna show up from the moment she's introduced to the end of the game. If the Dev intends for her to be a main character in the plot where you have deep conversations her, have sex, and discuss a future, then that person is a Love Interest no matter what.

If that "necessary plot" point sticks around, i don't see much reason for me to stay. Oh well, Self-sabatage is the word here isn't it? Literally a few lines and a couple renders and it changes the feeling of the game for MANY people. Still waiting on mcteech's reply... :whistle:

DuchessYasmin

Jan 31, 2019
Actually good renders, good plot and humor, even for one who didn't fancy sci-fi genre. Also having a tons of pointer built within the game is always a good thing. Definitely have a lot of potential to grow into blockbuster level.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
You act like MC has been on this planet for years and is part of it. He's not. They literally just arrived. This stuff has been going on on this planet way before MC even showed up there. Action needed to be taken, and the MC wasn't around all that time to do anything about it. It's not his home. He's never been there before. He is new to this planet with people already dealing with their own problems.

MC arrived finally. He is there now. He finds out what has been going on. And he does take action. He beats the guy down, steals his bike and his girlfriend and his loot, and then leaves the planet with all the girls from that planet.

So yeah. Shit was happening on that planet before the MC arrived. MC arrived, did his badass thing after finding out what was going on, and left (with all the girls and their loot).

That was the whole point of why she was sleeping with him in the first place. So he didn't harass the girls. Otherwise, he would of screwed them and abused them. So she sacrificed herself to keep him from hurting the others. This all happened when the MC wasn't even on that planet. The doctor did what she thought was the best solution in her mind to keep the girls safe. MC wasn't around to save her at the time, so she was desperate to help her girls.

The world is not on pause when the MC is not there. The world still turns and people still do stuff. The doctor sleeping with Anton was going on way before the MC even arrived at that planet and before he even knew who Kate (the doctor) was.
So all you are saying is you don't have an argument, to begin with, gotcha.

It's not like the dev strolled down Mt. Doom with ten stone tablets, bestowed upon him directly by Morgoth himself to spread the new gospel.

All you are saying is the dev could write something else, but he was incapable of doing so or didn't want to.
In that case, all he needs to do is to tell us to fuck off, mind our own business and ignore his game.

What he's done is the worst of both worlds. On one hand, it still happens on the other hand nothing/not enough happens. So I'm not sure to which audience he is telling his story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same with the banter between him and the girls, they know each other for years? so banter and a back-and-forth can be how they talk to each other. But the MC is not giving as good as he gets. He is only getting talked down. We, the audience, don't know the story they have, so it gets old really fast. Like it is now, it is only belittling and demeaning.

Feb 17, 2022

It's not like the dev strolled down Mt. Doom with ten stone tablets, bestowed upon him directly by Morgoth himself to spread the new gospel.

All you are saying is the dev could write something else, but he was incapable of doing so or didn't want to.
In that case, all he needs to do is to tell us to fuck off, mind our own business and ignore his game.

What he's done is the worst of both worlds. On one hand, it still happens on the other hand nothing/not enough happens. So I'm not sure to which audience he is telling his story. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same with the banter between him and the girls, they know each other for years? so banter and a back-and-forth can be how they talk to each other. But the MC is not giving as good as he gets. He is only getting talked down. We, the audience, don't know the story they have, so it gets old really fast. Like it is now, it is only belittling and demeaning.
This guy/girl gets it.

If the dev didn't like that type of content he wouldn't have the story to include the storyline that he chose to do. Even if it just "had" to happen that way why bother showing the LI getting railed? We can't just be told what was going on and then deal with it?

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
First off, I brought up the En Tee Argh discussion, so in the future, please quote my post or something so I'd be alerted to it. As it stands I had to voluntarily scroll down to find your post about it.

Second, I have NEVER played the game and I just wanted to know what kind of content was in the game or is GOING to be in the game.
I didn't quote your post in particular because I was more responding to someone else who was talking about it as well, but going off on it without actually playing it. But it seems they deleted their post after I posted, so it just looks like I am blabbering randomness into the wind lol.

Third, I really wouldn't have cared about the "NTR" if it was ANYONE else but Kate, which is the only really good looking girl in the banner image... Like, she's the best looking girl by miles and she was sacrificed for the "plot." If the NTR content with her is forced no matter what you do, I have no reason to still be here.
So... it's only NTR because it's the one girl you like. If it was anyone else, you wouldn't care. Got it.

Fourth, she isn't JUST a stranger, a Love Interest isn't about time served in the game, it's about how much she's gonna show up from the moment she's introduced to the end of the game. If the Dev intends for her to be a main character in the plot where you have deep conversations her, have sex, and discuss a future, then that person is a Love Interest no matter what.
Didn't say she was just a stranger. Just said the MC didn't even know who she was when she was doing all this. This is her backstory. The MC just shows up and learns about it. This is stuff she was doing before the MC even knew her. Tons of games have girls who have had sex before the MC meets them and they are love interests. Doesn't make all those games NTR games. It's just backstory. The MC in this game is just actively learning about it now.

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

What argument? Just explaining how it happens in the story.

I never said the dev could write something else but they are incapable of doing it. I was just talking about how it happens in the story and for what purpose. Sure the dev could write something else if they wanted to, but this is what they chose to write instead. If you don't like it, then don't play it.

They are not trying to cater to anyone's particular fetish here if that's what you are getting at. It's just something that happens in the story that you learn as to why someone has been doing what they are doing. It's not meant to be a cuckold scene (or not one), it's just the MC gathering information and spying on his enemy.

Why does a game have to cater to a specific audience? Why can't it just have it's own story in it's own way?

This guy/girl gets it.

If the dev didn't like that type of content he wouldn't have the story to include the storyline that he chose to do. Even if it just "had" to happen that way why bother showing the LI getting railed? We can't just be told what was going on and then deal with it?
You don't have to see it. You can just be told what was going on then deal with it. It's all in the choices you make. You choose to see other people having sex, you choose to watch them have sex. Or don't. You still learn the information without having to watch the act.

Feb 17, 2022

I never said the dev could write something else but they are incapable of doing it. I was just talking about how it happens in the story and for what purpose. Sure the dev could write something else if they wanted to, but this is what they chose to write instead. If you don't like it, then don't play it.

They are not trying to cater to anyone's particular fetish here if that's what you are getting at. It's just something that happens in the story that you learn as to why someone has been doing what they are doing. It's not meant to be a cuckold scene (or not one), it's just the MC gathering information and spying on his enemy.

Why does a game have to cater to a specific audience? Why can't it just have it's own story in it's own way?

You don't have to see it. You can just be told what was going on then deal with it. It's all in the choices you make. You choose to see other people having sex, you choose to watch them have sex. Or don't. You still learn the information without having to watch the act.
But it still happens anyways.

My point is it makes no sense that the dev says he dislikes that content but writes a story with it front and center in the game. Like huh? :rolleyes:

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Didn't say she was just a stranger. Just said the MC didn't even know who she was when she was doing all this. This is her backstory. The MC just shows up and learns about it. This is stuff she was doing before the MC even knew her. Tons of games have girls who have had sex before the MC meets them and they are love interests. Doesn't make all those games NTR games. It's just backstory. The MC in this game is just actively learning about it now.
if thats the case and this type of situation is a one time thing imo she could be redeemable with good writing however from what the dev put ingame its not a one time thing

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017

My point is it makes no sense that the dev says he dislikes that content but writes a story with it front and center in the game. Like huh? :rolleyes:
It's hardly front and center. Also doesn't seem that odd to me that someone writes about something and touches on elements they may not personally be fond of but are appropriate to the setting.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

You literally just asked in your last post why you had to see it and why couldn't you just be told it happened instead and then deal with it. Now you're complaining that it happens any ways? Make up your mind on what you want.

And it's not front and center at all. It's just backstory you learn of one character. The main story has nothing to do with that.

if thats the case and this type of situation is a one time thing imo she could be redeemable with good writing however from what the dev put ingame its not a one time thing
We have no idea. I'm just in the dark as much as everyone else. I can't tell you if this is a one-time thing or it might happen again in the future (either with her or a different girl we meet). The current story only tells us so much so we'll just have to wait and see what happens in later updates.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I didn't quote your post in particular because I was more responding to someone else who was talking about it as well, but going off on it without actually playing it. But it seems they deleted their post after I posted, so it just looks like I am blabbering randomness into the wind lol.
Got it, it did look weird. Haha!
So... it's only NTR because it's the one girl you like. If it was anyone else, you wouldn't care. Got it.
Gas lighting is not a nice thing to do ;)
I did exaggerate a bit. I only meant that it's a salt to the wound. If it's a random chick, I'd been fine because she's not a Love Interest. The fact that she is AND is the best one by far stings :(
Then don't use the word stranger if it's a misnomer. She IS a Love Interest, the fact that she's fucking someone under duress shouldn't affect her character, I get that. But it doesn't mean people have to be happy about it. But on the topic of your argument of "backstorys" is there a scene where you can choose to see Kate getting down with Anton? If so, then that is categorically undeniable regardless of choice. If there isn't, it's still a gross and corroded pill to swallow. So yeah, I get that you're okay with that, but many aren't, you can't just explain it away and hope that everyone is happy.

On a more positive note. I think EVERYTHING but the Unavoidable content is pretty great. That's why I think it's an odd choice to add it. It doesn't add anything to the narrative but hate the villain character and feel sorry for the Love Interest. All at the cost of a huge chunk of the audience. So yeah, fucking weird choice.

Have a good day!

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
Then don't use the word stranger if it's a misnomer. She IS a Love Interest, the fact that she's fucking someone under duress shouldn't affect her character, I get that. But it doesn't mean people have to be happy about it. But on the topic of your argument of "backstorys" is there a scene where you can choose to see Kate getting down with Anton? If so, then that is categorically undeniable regardless of choice. If there isn't, it's still a gross and corroded pill to swallow. So yeah, I get that you're okay with that, but many aren't, you can't just explain it away and hope that everyone is happy.
And yeah, like I mentioned earlier, you can choose to watch it or not.

Basically, learning of the shady things going on on this new planet, the MC is following Anton (one of the big bads on this planet) and finds it odd that he is visiting the doctor (Kate who is the doctor on this planet) in the middle of the night. So the MC wanting to find out what is going on, hops onto the roof to look down in the skylight to see if he can figure out what Anton is doing there.

To the point, MC sees Anton and Kate start to strip. You get where this is going at this point. Choice comes up. Keep watching, or no. Either way, you got the intel that Anton and Kate are sleeping together. Next day, you confront Kate about it and that is when you learn why she has been doing what she's been doing all along.

Have a good day!
You as well! :giggle:

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018

The thing is, you're talking like the dev has no influence on the story, that is plain bullshit.

The MC could also suffer from a chronic illness, so he has to eat shit. You don't like scat? Skip the scene. I mean we will still understand what's happening. We see his plate full of shit and afterward, you get the talk about how he got to like shit because of his illness, well it's part of the backstory, nothing can be done about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Bones, I'm putting in requisition with star fleet for an all-female crew, except for you, of course, you're my wingman, bro.
Jim, you had me at all-female.
1661901231120.png

The game looks interesting
Much success
mcteech

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
The thing is, you're talking like the dev has no influence on the story, that is plain bullshit.

The MC could also suffer from a chronic illness, so he has to eat shit. You don't like scat? Skip the scene. I mean we will still understand what's happening. We see his plate full of shit and afterward, you get the talk about how he got to like shit because of his illness, well it's part of the backstory, nothing can be done about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You are really exaggerating here. I mean, seriously?

I am just discussing what is currently in the game. You keep saying that I said the dev can't change their story, when I never once said that at all, yet you keep saying that's what I'm talking about. I'm not. Where do you keep getting this from? Stop putting words in my mouth.

You claimed I had no argument, yet you are proving you have nothing. You're just making up stuff that I never said. You're a troll at this point.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes