5.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Feb 17, 2022
You are really exaggerating here. I mean, seriously?

I am just discussing what is currently in the game. You keep saying that I said the dev can't change their story, when I never once said that at all, yet you keep saying that's what I'm talking about. I'm not. Where do you keep getting this from? Stop putting words in my mouth.

You claimed I had no argument, yet you are proving you have nothing. You're just making up stuff that I never said. You're a troll at this point.
You said the scene "fits the story". Who wrote the story where said scene happened? The dev? Jesus? Morpheus? Perhaps Santa Clause?

Is it so crazy to think people would find the dev less than credible with glaring contradictions like saying he dislikes that type of scene then immediately writes that type of scene into the game?

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
You said the scene "fits the story". Who wrote the story where said scene happened? The dev? Jesus? Morpheus? Perhaps Santa Clause?

Is it so crazy to think people would find the dev less than credible with glaring contradictions like saying he dislikes that type of scene then immediately writes that type of scene into the game?
So saying "it fit the story" translates to me saying the developer can't change the story or has any influence on it? That's really reaching. That doesn't mean that at all.

Have you played the game? If you did, you'll see what I mean by it fit the story. Or well, that character's backstory. They can rewrite it all they want and change it to something completely different if they wanted. But with the current game and how it is written, that scene fit that part of the story. Because that is how they wrote it. To fit.

Have you read the front page? The dev literally says "NTR fits the story". You know, the same thing I said. So how is what I said any different?

I don't know how many of these visual novels you have played, but plenty of devs have wrote content for their games that they are not fond of just cause it made sense to have it in their story. Do you think Drifty likes suicide? No, but they added it to their story. Do you think PinkCake likes burning people to death in a house fire? No, but they added it to their story.

There is many reasons developers add stuff to their games that they don't like. But if it helps tell their story the way they want, they'll add it, even if it's something they are not fond of. Literally read a book or see a movie and there is plenty of things that writers don't like, but add any ways because it fits the setting of their story.

Last edited:
Reactions: TerseHopefulDjinn

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
You are really exaggerating here. I mean, seriously?

I am just discussing what is currently in the game. You keep saying that I said the dev can't change their story, when I never once said that at all, yet you keep saying that's what I'm talking about. I'm not. Where do you keep getting this from? Stop putting words in my mouth.

You claimed I had no argument, yet you are proving you have nothing. You're just making up stuff that I never said. You're a troll at this point.
You are talking about the story like it's set in stone and to say it again

The thing is, you're talking like the dev has no influence on the story, that is plain bullshit.
Yes, I was hyperbolic in my post. We both know I talked shit, but we both know that you also talked shit.
You think I'm trolling because I was going straight to scat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I chose that fetish deliberately because it is even more niche, so the probability that you like it is minimal at best. For some of us, scat or NTR is not different.

Best case it is only
why-why-why.gif
because I don't get either of them.

most of the time it's
oh-god.gif
both make me feel ill.

You're using the defense of any problem player on any D&D table.
"That's what my character would do!"
The answer to that is not to let it slide.
It's telling them "then go and write a better character"

The author can write what he wants, but we still have the right to ask why he wrote a shitty character/story.

To your question about why he has to choose an audience, if he doesn't, then his audience will choose for him. It will be only a fraction of the potential his story had otherwise. We have genres in movies and video games for a reason. Sure you could mix whatever genres you like. You will probably find a few hundred people that will love it. You won't make the next CoD or FIFA with that approach.

Even in the gaming market, there are only very few games that established a new genre mix and they had millions behind them with hundreds of people working on them. Still more often than not those experiments crashed and burned.

AVNs are a niche market as it is. It's a market that works with sexuality and kinks. Things that are appealing to one person/audience could be sickening to another person/audience (back to scat).
Not choosing an audience, can make you lose multiple factions of an already small splintered niche market. Here the changes made, while with the best of intentions, will probably lose both sides of the market. It will only retain the few between, which care for non of the sides particularly. With no other major kink in the tags, it will stay small, four months, four sites of comments, no review, and already nuked once by the mods. It looks like a bright future ahead.

I mean, if the dev wants to tell his story because that's what he wants, more power to him. Business success or a huge following? I can't see it.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
You are talking about the story like it's set in stone and to say it again

Yes, I was hyperbolic in my post. We both know I talked shit, but we both know that you also talked shit.
You think I'm trolling because I was going straight to scat. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Except I'm not talking about the story like it is set in stone. I don't know where you get that idea from, I am simply just discussing the current content on the game like people do on every single thread on this forum. I'm talking about the story itself that is presented to us. Not once in any of my posts did I say the story is set in stone and can't be changed.

If you're going on about the same thing as what the other guy said (because I said "it fits the story"), then read the OP. The dev is the one who said it fits the story. So because the dev said that, it means the dev is saying the story is set in stone? Like I said to them, that's really reaching. It doesn't mean that at all.

And I called you a troll because you were making up stuff by putting words in my mouth that I never said. You claimed I had no argument, yet your entire argument was based on stuff you made up. That is why I called you a troll. Not because of the scat thing.

I chose that fetish deliberately because it is even more niche, so the probability that you like it is minimal at best. For some of us, scat or NTR is not different.

Best case it is only
View attachment 2015557
because I don't get either of them.

most of the time it's
View attachment 2015559
both make me feel ill.

You're using the defense of any problem player on any D&D table.
"That's what my character would do!"
The answer to that is not to let it slide.
It's telling them "then go and write a better character"

The author can write what he wants, but we still have the right to ask why he wrote a shitty character/story.
You're acting like you are surprised there was going to be NTR in this story. It is listed in the planned tags, so don't act shocked that it exists in this story. The dev literally tells you NTR fits the story on the front page. Don't pretend like you didn't see this coming. Unless of course you completely ignored the front page that tells you all about the story and content it includes/will include and just jumped to the last page to hop on the bandwagon.

Don't complain about NTR, in a game that tells you it has NTR. It's like ordering chicken and then complaining that you got chicken.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
So saying "it fit the story" translates to me saying the developer can't change the story or has any influence on it? That's really reaching. That doesn't mean that at all.

Have you played the game? If you did, you'll see what I mean by it fit the story. Or well, that character's backstory. They can rewrite it all they want and change it to something completely different if they wanted. But with the current game and how it is written, that scene fit that part of the story. Because that is how they wrote it. To fit.

I don't know how many of these visual novels you have played, but plenty of devs have wrote content for their games that they are not fond of just cause it made sense to have it in their story. Do you think Drifty likes suicide? No, but they added it to their story. Do you think PinkCake likes burning people to death in a house fire? No, but they added it to their story.

There is many reasons developers add stuff to their games that they don't like. But if it helps tell their story the way they want, they'll add it, even if it's something they are not fond of. Literally read a book or see a movie and there is plenty of things that writers don't like, but add any ways because it fits the setting of their story.
So and how exactly does the doc ntr scene helps the story here ?
She did it to protect the girls, or so she said.
Which girls ?
From the ones we recued:

The ex, which apparently is the only/or by far the most cabable mechanic in the colony and would have very likely fought back, tried to kill or castrate him, or died trying ? Why would he risk one of his most valuable assets, enough other pussy arround for him with less risk of being killed or losing said asset.

His ex gf ? She clearly didn't need any protection.

Two of the other girls we rescued are whores, so i fail to see how exactly the doctor protected them.

The last girl we don't know anything about.

On the other hand, if he didn't like ntr, he could have archived the same thing with minimal changes.
For example, the Doc being the only or best medic in the colony (which she seems to be either way), that alone should give her enough protection.
U don't want ur life insurance die fighting back or trying to kill u off (cause he raped her or her friends) if u are in need of her skills, which would be rather easy for a doctor. Pretty sure she could have protect one or two girls with her influence this way...
So yeah, cause it fits the story is a bad excuse imo and i don't see it how it helps the story in any way. The same result could have easily archived in a other way, without larger changes or ruining the story.

Of course the dev can do whatever he likes with his game, but it sure doesn't seems like he dislikes ntr, same as he could make it just as easily avoidable but he choose just to make it only skipable.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
And yeah, like I mentioned earlier, you can choose to watch it or not.

Basically, learning of the shady things going on on this new planet, the MC is following Anton (one of the big bads on this planet) and finds it odd that he is visiting the doctor (Kate who is the doctor on this planet) in the middle of the night. So the MC wanting to find out what is going on, hops onto the roof to look down in the skylight to see if he can figure out what Anton is doing there.

To the point, MC sees Anton and Kate start to strip. You get where this is going at this point. Choice comes up. Keep watching, or no. Either way, you got the intel that Anton and Kate are sleeping together. Next day, you confront Kate about it and that is when you learn why she has been doing what she's been doing all along.

You as well! :giggle:
That's a big unforch (unfortunate) for me dawg! Thanks for the detailed explanation. I know we disagree on the content, but I respect that you can give clarity to this, umm, decision. :D

It doesn't look like it's a game for me. If she's gonna be a part of the main game, then it's definitely gonna get tagged with NTR in the VERY near future.

Again, I don't see much reason to come back unless new info comes out (or I get a response), so continue having a wonderful day and if something ever changes with these Dev "decisions", I hope you give me a bump :D

Doom_

Always tired
Donor
Jun 15, 2021
I am checking now for NTR content please note that all tags are used as they are defined here.

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
Wow... this is the quickest I've seen someone decide to effectively commit game suicide on this site, from what I've gathered (I have played but quit the moment it said NTR was only skippable and not completely avoidable) the dev has tried to cater to both sides but in such a way that he's only managed to push both sides away from the game. Pushed away the NTR haters like myself by adding unavoidable NTR, whilst also pushing away the NTR lovers by not adding enough for them to like. (For a dev who's claimed to be a part of the NTR hater camp he sure seems to like NTR, I don't see any other reason for adding it)

It also looks like there is one person on this thread defending the dev to almost a blind fan boy/girl degree, with the same crappy cop out excuse of "it fits the story" used for every game that adds something that the majority of players dislike especially when it barely fits the story at all. At most it fits somewhat because it's a big boss man, but as someone else has already pointed out it falls flat on its face the moment you start to dissect the main points of the other female characters there, all of them bar one whom hasn't been introduced yet could quite easily defend themselves as they are effectively essential to that big boss man. So if they were to come to harm or die defending themselves or hell, refuse to do their job if he was to try anything like that without their consent then it would be him that would end up fucked in the end, not them.

At the end of the day it is up to the dev and what he decides to put in the game, I personally am going to put this on my "come back later" list to see if the dev comes to sense and chooses a camp to make his game for, or if he doesn't then this will sink faster than the Titanic would have if it was made of quad layered lead.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
So and how exactly does the doc ntr scene helps the story here ?
She did it to protect the girls, or so she said.
Which girls ?
From the ones we recued:

The ex, which apparently is the only/or by far the most cabable mechanic in the colony and would have very likely fought back, tried to kill or castrate him, or died trying ? Why would he risk one of his most valuable assets, enough other pussy arround for him with less risk of being killed or losing said asset.

His ex gf ? She clearly didn't need any protection.

Two of the other girls we rescued are whores, so i fail to see how exactly the doctor protected them.

The last girl we don't know anything about.

On the other hand, if he didn't like ntr, he could have archived the same thing with minimal changes.
For example, the Doc being the only or best medic in the colony (which she seems to be either way), that alone should give her enough protection.
U don't want ur life insurance die fighting back or trying to kill u off (cause he raped her or her friends) if u are in need of her skills, which would be rather easy for a doctor. Pretty sure she could have protect one or two girls with her influence this way...
So yeah, cause it fits the story is a bad excuse imo and i don't see it how it helps the story in any way. The same result could have easily archived in a other way, without larger changes or ruining the story.

Of course the dev can do whatever he likes with his game, but it sure doesn't seems like he dislikes ntr, same as he could make it just as easily avoidable but he choose just to make it only skipable.
I think you missed the part in the story where Kate tells you she is doing it to stop Anton and his gang from abusing the girls on the station. She has leverage on him. He is cheating on his girl. He needs that power trip of having a girlfriend and cheating on her, so if him or his gang go after the other girls on the station, she'll blow the whistle on him.

Seems all the girls on the station would of been fair game if the Doc just did nothing or up and left. This is including the MC's ex, Elyce. So she did what she could. Extreme? Yes. Manipulative? Definitely. MC wasn't there to help her make that choice, so she did what she thought was the best option I guess.

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
I think you missed the part in the story where Kate tells you she is doing it to stop Anton and his gang from abusing the girls on the station. She has leverage on him. He is cheating on his girl. He needs that power trip of having a girlfriend and cheating on her, so if him or his gang go after the other girls on the station, she'll blow the whistle on him.

Seems all the girls on the station would of been fair game if the Doc just did nothing or up and left. This is including the MC's ex, Elyce. So she did what she could. Extreme? Yes. Manipulative? Definitely. MC wasn't there to help her make that choice, so she did what she thought was the best option I guess.
I didn't miss that and as I said it wasn't required and barely fit the story. (only reason for that to happen is to create a reason to write NTR into a game)

Besides I think you missed my main point, which wasn't to entirely describe the story but to try and talk the dev into sense, because by taking the path he's taken he's alienated the NTR haters by adding unavoidable NTR and not given enough to the lovers, so neither side want to play the game nor do they like it. The few in between who do aren't gonna be enough to prop up development costs when they eventually do arrive and no money = no upgrading = worse quality = dev ending up with a worse rep than he's already gained. Sure you can make a game with a shoe string budget and get lucky with it becoming a massive success, but that just wont happen here as this already small and fractured market wants specific things for each part of the market and by doing as he has done he's assured that none of the market will adopt this game, originally small dev's like the developers of Now & Then for example started on a small budget but they chose the part of the market they wanted and stuck to it and it turned into a brilliant game with an amazing story about the lives of a group of people after a major pandemic had killed many and turned many more, and as a result they've picked up a really good rep and their budget has since increased as the market they went for adopted them and supported them.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018

I could again write a whole ass article, about why it's bullshit.
But I content myself with
bull-shit.gif

He wants to tell this story, fine. But don't take us for fools.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021

going off what the other guy said couldnt she have threatened to not treat his people if he did something like that. But she knows the protection will only last until they find anotherqualified doctor so she starts to put together an escape plane. Imo the current way makes less sense he goinfg to terorize all the girls but dosnt because he gets one i dont think a guy ike that would be satisfied with 1 girl

or thefact his crew would likely mutiny if he denied them pussy so he could fuck a doctor leaving them with nothing

XanusR

Sep 17, 2018
going off what the other guy said couldnt she have threatened to not treat his people if he did something like that. But she knows the protection will only last until they find anotherqualified doctor so she starts to put together an escape plane. Imo the current way makes less sense he goinfg to terorize all the girls but dosnt because he gets one i dont think a guy ike that would be satisfied with 1 girl
Exactly this to add another point to why the NTR written in the way it has been written just doesn't fit the story, a big boss man like the antagonist in this one wouldn't be satisfied with just 1 girl and would make moves on the others regardless. No matter which way one may try to look at it there a huge glaring holes in the logic which causes the story as written to just collapse in on itself.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I didn't miss that and as I said it wasn't required and barely fit the story. (only reason for that to happen is to create a reason to write NTR into a game)

Besides I think you missed my main point, which wasn't to entirely describe the story but to try and talk the dev into sense, because by taking the path he's taken he's alienated the NTR haters by adding unavoidable NTR and not given enough to the lovers, so neither side want to play the game nor do they like it. The few in between who do aren't gonna be enough to prop up development costs when they eventually do arrive and no money = no upgrading = worse quality = dev ending up with a worse rep than he's already gained. Sure you can make a game with a shoe string budget and get lucky with it becoming a massive success, but that just wont happen here as this already small and fractured market wants specific things for each part of the market and by doing as he has done he's assured that none of the market will adopt this game, originally small dev's like the developers of Now & Then for example started on a small budget but they chose the part of the market they wanted and stuck to it and it turned into a brilliant game with an amazing story about the lives of a group of people after a major pandemic had killed many and turned many more, and as a result they've picked up a really good rep and their budget has since increased as the market they went for adopted them and supported them.
What? I was responding to Raziel_8 (I even quoted them).

I didn't miss any of your point because my post wasn't directed at you.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

or thefact his crew would likely mutiny if he denied them pussy so he could fuck a doctor leaving them with nothing
Oh definitely. He could of wrote something completely different. The story could of gone a whole different direction than what it did now. I never said it couldn't. My post is just explaining what happened in the game currently.

That's all I've been talking about. What has already happened. I didn't say it was good or bad, or that it cannot be changed. I've just been talking about what already happened in the story all because someone asked lol.

But yeah, the dev could of taken this in a whole different direction if they wanted to. This is just the choice they decided to go with instead.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Oh definitely. He could of wrote something completely different. The story could of gone a whole different direction than what it did now. I never said it couldn't. My post is just explaining what happened in the game currently.

That's all I've been talking about. What has already happened. I didn't say it was good or bad, or that it cannot be changed. I've just been talking about what already happened in the story all because someone asked lol.

But yeah, the dev could of taken this in a whole different direction if they wanted to. This is just the choice they decided to go with instead.
which to me seems odd when the state they dislike ntr but seem to go out of their way to add it at the end of the day its the devs game and can do whatever he wants but if he wants to hit the goals he set on his patreon being half in on ntr isnt the way to go judgeing from so many other examples from this site that tried something similar

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
which to me seems odd when the state they dislike ntr but seem to go out of their way to add it at the end of the day its the devs game and can do whatever he wants but if he wants to hit the goals he set on his patreon being half in on ntr isnt the way to go judgeing from so many other examples from this site that tried something similar
I just don't get the uproar about it. On the front page it clearly says NTR under planned tags. New update comes, has an NTR moment, and now everyone is raging over it. They knew what they were getting into, and now all the sudden it's an issue?

And I already mentioned before how several devs add content to their games that they may not like, because it helps tell the story they are trying to tell. Books and movies do the same things, AVNs are no different. Sometimes you want to tell a story, but in order to get that story the way you want it, you have to deal with some things you might not like.

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
I just don't get the uproar about it. On the front page it clearly says NTR under planned tags. New update comes, has an NTR moment, and now everyone is raging over it. They knew what they were getting into, and now all the sudden it's an issue?

And I already mentioned before how several devs add content to their games that they may not like, because it helps tell the story they are trying to tell. Books and movies do the same things, AVNs are no different. Sometimes you want to tell a story, but in order to get that story the way you want it, you have to deal with some things you might not like.
im not 100% sure but i thought it was origianlly said it would be avoidable dont see anything like that in here now though i could be mixing up games though. In general though adding an option to skip seems like he wants to apeal to the anti ntr crowd. From what iv seen most people have just been expressing opinions on why he might not reach that audiance. If alot of peoplewhere here calling the dev and game shit because that would be an uproar and isnt happening here.

Also i would assume that most people comenting have liked the game so far besides that seen and aspect of the game. and just dont want to see it go the way of so many other games that fail to define a target audience have gone being abandoned

Last edited:

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021

im sure soon if they havnt been here alredy the ntr crowd will show up asking why the tag is even here when its one scen and they wouldnt even consider it ntr at all like i said it just sits in a spot currently to please the least amount of people

Reactions: EJW
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes