Recommending An annoyed fucking user's Tier List of Games with Actual Gameplay [150+ games rated]

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Theyre the type of games Ive enjoyed for the game part (I like turnbased gameplay and investigation), though some towards the end are a bit generic but thats why I put them into lower tiers. Like the Barony Sengia games have stealth, investigation and you have to actually try to figure out how to solve problems. Theres even time that passes that changes areas and whats going on. The combat though was pretty weak. If you want to stay away from too many jRPGs Id shorten it to the games in "top", Barony Sengia and Thanatos was pretty unique. Though Ill admit Im rating Tsukinomizu Project higher because the scene quality was very good, only Lily Knight and Nightmare Girls deserve to be in "top" (if scene quality is excluded). Though the Succubus Trap Island was pretty unique but the gameplay wasnt that strong.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: A better way to say it I think is its a list of higher effort jRPGs. Most of the H jRPGs arent just generic, they have no soul. With these at least you can feel the creator tried to make the best game they could.

By the way Evening Starter is another good one, it plays like the old dungeon crawlers like SMT. I didnt like the scenes though.

Last edited:
May 30, 2021
Quick update, added Zetria and town of magic.

May I ask why this thread got moved? There are plenty generic recommendation/games list threads in the recommendation subforum.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
Quick update, added Zetria and town of magic.

May I ask why this thread got moved? There are plenty generic recommendation/games list threads in the recommendation subforum.
Looks like the "Recommendation" prefix got turned into "seeking", so you're only supposed to ask for recommendations now, not post your own list.

Jul 24, 2017
You wrote off some games for being "Text" games and I think you are doing a disservice to people that come across this post.

Free Cities is just straight up a good game. I have actually played it for fun instead of to just whack off. Grab <<The Mod>> for it for expanded content and some great renders that change as your slaves do.
Free Cities strains your resources early game and then, just as you start to get settled into the mid-game climb to power, starts throwing in hard decisions that can tank your economy. There's tons of customization of the slaves and your city's culture to explore and the game keeps throwing new things to do before monotony can set in.

are extremely well put together. CoC 1 is the only pure text game on the list but makes up for it with the best free-form transformation gameplay of the bunch. TiTS has good RPG progression and gameplay if you turn up the difficulty, and both it and CoC 2 have interesting worlds to explore. Download CoC2 and go find the fucking lore page on their currency. I shit you not, it has better worldbuilding than most fantasy books do.

xxxxx

Okay, now for some games that aren't as heavy on the text.

Night Games is a resource management game were you have to make all the competitors cum. It's like the Hunger Games but horny and in a college. There was a mod for it at one point that let you heavily customize your character; it's possible that got folded into the main game. Dunno for sure, been a while since I played.

Kamidori Alchemy Meister is a Japanese game but not shit. It can be a little grindy but there are mechanisms built into the game to circumvent it if you wish to. Each character you get has different skills and elemental weaknesses that require you to build a team carefully before doing a dungeon dive. The only real gripe I have with the game is that the H scenes are absolutely squelch hell.
But hey, don't take my word for it. Take SCIENTISTS ARE PUTTING CHEMICALS IN THE WATER THAT'S TURNING

TF Card Battler is just what it says on the tin. Deck building card game where you and your opponents try to turn each other into mindless fuckdolls etc. etc. Good shit, gets pretty tough on later levels - you either risk getting your deck diluted by building early cards or purposefully stack transformation to get the heavy-hitting cards.

Honorary Mention for , and the ever-customizable Whoremaster. Whoremaster is more brothel management and SlaveMaker is one-on-one. I'd recommend Whoremaster over SlaveMaker but if someone who likes training games hasn't played either, they should give them a go. I'll also put Jack-o-Nine Tails in here with the caveat that it is stupidly difficult if you do not know exactly what to do. It needs an up-to-date guide.

xxxxx

I agree with your gripes. So many H-games with fun gameplay are ruined because the developer doesn't fundamentally change how they design their project to reflect the genre. If I'm playing an H-game, with only few exceptions I'm playing it because horny. Putting that content behind a game-over or otherwise actively punishing the player for trying to reach that content is just pants-on-head retarded. There are games that try to ease it out with some QoL features like putting you right back where you were before said game over, but even then there is fundamental dissonance in how the player expects to play and how they are expected to play. The game places a challenge in front of the player, and the reward for overcoming that challenge is... another challenge. The player ends up wanting to lose the game on purpose in order to see the sex scenes, thereby making the "game" an obstacle rather than the vehicle.
CoC stands out in my mind as a good example for handling this. If you win a fight, you can choose to fuck your enemy, and most of the time you can choose a submissive option that is basically the same as you would see if you lost to the enemy. Bad-end scenes are the only ones that stand out in my mind as being "dissonant rewards" but they're few and far between.

Last edited:

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Honorary Mention for
Oh man that takes me back, probably the first h-game i ever played
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Although if played without nostalgia goggles Slave Maker 3 really shows its age and outdated design, no wonder as it was the game that pioneered a lot of standard mechanics in today trainer games. Other than that playing it with wiki opened for events/triggers is a must unfortunately.
Great recommendations overall.

Reactions: DankMemesAndCreams
May 30, 2021
Looks like the "Recommendation" prefix got turned into "seeking", so you're only supposed to ask for recommendations now, not post your own list.
Yeah makes sense, although they did add a "Personal Recommendation" prefix and just reflaired the other threads.

I tried free cities and didn't like it that much personally. The problem with fenoxos games is that you have to read a fucking novel and then you get to press a button. Written erotica just doesn't do it for me. I do think all of these suggestions are valuable for people who might check out this thread for suggestions, even if I don't add them to the top post.

I will try to check out the non-text suggestions if I have time.

Reactions: weradti

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I can recommend checking out Cyberslayers. It does not really have meaningful gameplay despite the pretense of having a combat system, EXP and resources but it's certainly something different. Cyberpunk dystopia with lots of mind-control corruption options. Has a few plot-heavy hours to it so far and the first iteration of a sandbox mode. Sexual content heavily focused on fat ugly monster rape and fat ugly creeps. AFAIK MCs (there are 2) can be submissive, dominant or nympho.

Reactions: GodlessXVIII
May 30, 2021
I can recommend checking out Cyberslayers. It does not really have meaningful gameplay despite the pretense of having a combat system, EXP and resources but it's certainly something different. Cyberpunk dystopia with lots of mind-control corruption options. Has a few plot-heavy hours to it so far and the first iteration of a sandbox mode. Sexual content heavily focused on fat ugly monster rape and fat ugly creeps. AFAIK MCs (there are 2) can be submissive, dominant or nympho.
Looks kinda ugly, but I'll keep it in mind

May 30, 2021
Added: Haydee, Haydee 2, Noah & Black Magician, Cow Clicker, Nayla's Castle, Holy Knight Ricca, Nicole's Risky Job, Lost Case, Strip Fighter 5, Garden of Sin, Another Chance

Bit of a cop out rating this many as "other", but eh. The standout game this time is Holy Knight Ricca, which is a lot better than I expected. You'll have to decide if the fetishes are for you, though.

Appotaddi

Sep 17, 2018
Thanks for the list! Very helpful

I highly recommend Barrage!, a side-scroller platformer/shooter. Deserves much more recognition imo.
The store page and forum post don't do it justice : it has excellent pixel-art animations (and also good regular 2D stuff as well), a *lot* of content (including bonus harder missions with unique content, and many unlockables), an immersive story thanks to scripted events in missions, polished gameplay. It's overall a fun action game with delightful h animations sprinkled everywhere. Love it.

Trigger Happy and Trigger Happy 2 -DarkStriker- are also the same kind of game and the latter is pretty good too.

There's Kurovadis, which is way too hard for me but might fit somewhere into this list of yours.

Chaosrise is a bullet hell auto scroller. You unlock CGs and see the story unfold by reaching further stages. Worth a try.

I'm playing Last Devil and it seems to be a perfect fit for this list so far. Maybe a bit grindy.

Seed of the Dead and it's recent sequel dubbed Sweet Home are both decent FPS games inspired by Left 4 Dead. You can heal and revive your teammates by fucking them and you get a monster rape scene if you loose. Plot is very boring/forgettable and is mostly told through a VN-style approach so that kinda sucks. Especially annoying in the sequel imo.
The shooting and moving feel very bland, but there is still some fun to be had, and I love the idea of a H-L4D game enough to overlook this issue.

The same team is working on a 3D action rpg game called ASCOT: Demon's Waltz . It's still quite early but it might some day land in the category of games that may or may not suck once they are released (you seem to have more and more of those in "Others" which each edit).
Same can be said for Magissy, Iragon (a demo is out for this one?) and Wild Life.
Hopefully at least one of those ends up being both released and good someday :')
I know, I know. This whole paragraph is completely off-topic and irrelevant. Don't mind me.

You may also want to consider BoneCraft.
And Eliminator Kaede too.
Completely opposite games but both are rather unique experiences I'd say, with somewhat interesting gameplay ideas.

Millia and the Phantom Witch is quite unique and original. It's not very good tho. Chibi characters look dangerous.

Pricia Defense is like Orcs Must Die! but with the absolute worst control scheme ever, and cheap RPGMaker stuff for everything other than the actual tower defense TPS gameplay (including the boring story). You may want to add it anyway (bad).

I haven't tried those yet but they tend to have good reviews and seem to match the theme:
SiNiSistar, LAB2-UndeR GrounD, NOCE, Spiderlily, Magical Girl Yuni Defeat!, Code Valkyrie II, UnHoly Sanctuary, ...

I can also help fill up your sub-list of "shit games I didn't actually play, but... look at them" if you need

May 30, 2021
Alright, this is the biggest update yet. Here's the changelog:

2022-03-21: Major rework: Started using a tier system and distinguishing by genre. This included some reshuffling. Added: Kalyskah, Meach Adventures, Survive 4 Pleasure, Dungeon of Erotic Master, Legend of the Spirit Orbs, Angel Under Prototype, Nursery Ooze, Heavy Hearts, Hole Dweller, Magical Girl Yuni Defeat, NOCE, Millia and the Phantom Witch, Delta Zone, Sapphire Safari, Sinistar, Code Valkyrie, Bonetown/Bonecraft, Rape of the Dead (and sequel), Chaosrise

The new games are mostly crap, but the new rating system should be much better.

And I do increasingly wonder... why do I even do this? This was a lot of work. But look at how much time I must have spent playing these games, the majority of which are crap. Is there nothing better I could have done with my time?

4.60 star(s) 5 Votes