Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yes it is still an MTL because I am not done yet. I'm probably not going to change the OP or upload the game till I'm done.
Oh okay I just want to confirm that xD I thought nothing changed because last time i played this it was still the same

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Oh okay I just want to confirm that xD I thought nothing changed because last time i played this it was still the same
Yeah I am taking my time on translating it. The game is very big and I am about half way through the project. I will make definitely say something when the game is done. I'll probably ask for the game to be promoted again (if possible) so you will know for sure when an update comes out.

Reactions: sdfgjhdfszbg

Mizukipon

Mar 30, 2020
Yeah I am taking my time on translating it. The game is very big and I am about half way through the project. I will make definitely say something when the game is done. I'll probably ask for the game to be promoted again (if possible) so you will know for sure when an update comes out.
Thank you don't worry I'll keep checking from time to time no need to rush the translation

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hello, thank you for translating this... I am going to try it now!
The translation is still the MTL version. I will be putting out a finished translation in a couple of months. Hope you enjoy the game but if the MTL isn't to your liking in a few months a better version will be coming out.

Reactions: C4dn3

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
The translation is still the MTL version. I will be putting out a finished translation in a couple of months. Hope you enjoy the game but if the MTL isn't to your liking in a few months a better version will be coming out.
Ahh alright, since I'm kinda impatient person... I'm going to try it now... And again later when the proper translation appears! I just hope that the save is transferrable hehehe~

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Update:

I am nearing the end of the main story and I am happy to say that I think I am about 60% through the entire game (maybe more). the main story is just about done and most the map files are translated. I have left the bulk of the biggest map files till later and taken care of the smaller more managable ones. Going through the common events I have 2 Major H scenes to translate and the endings and then the main story is completed. After that it is a matter of finishing the larger map files and the side H events (such as the scenes with the OL lover and store owners.

I will say that some of the early maps files have some weird spacing thanks to how T++ does word wrap however between now and when I started I am MUCH better with working with RPGM's engine and setting up proper wordwrap should be no problem for me now. (as many of you may have seen from my posts fixing people's MTLs)

I want to finish this project sooner rather then later because the more I do the more pleased I am with how it is coming along. I admit I took some time away for a long time from this to brush up on my japanese and become a better more confident translator. I don't know if It made a difference but I hope it is worth it in the end. I included some screenshots from my rework below so you can see a taste of what I've done so far (no H scenes though because why spoil the fun :) )

These scenes were from early in my efforts so I may end up going back and reworking so stuff but this is some examples of the improvements:
1595964522708.png
1595964502584.png

Feedback is appreciate (although these are only 2 scenes to go off of if there is something blaringly wrong I would like to know lol)

DarkForse

Sep 23, 2017
Update:

I am nearing the end of the main story and I am happy to say that I think I am about 60% through the entire game (maybe more). the main story is just about done and most the map files are translated. I have left the bulk of the biggest map files till later and taken care of the smaller more managable ones. Going through the common events I have 2 Major H scenes to translate and the endings and then the main story is completed. After that it is a matter of finishing the larger map files and the side H events (such as the scenes with the OL lover and store owners.

I will say that some of the early maps files have some weird spacing thanks to how T++ does word wrap however between now and when I started I am MUCH better with working with RPGM's engine and setting up proper wordwrap should be no problem for me now. (as many of you may have seen from my posts fixing people's MTLs)

I want to finish this project sooner rather then later because the more I do the more pleased I am with how it is coming along. I admit I took some time away for a long time from this to brush up on my japanese and become a better more confident translator. I don't know if It made a difference but I hope it is worth it in the end. I included some screenshots from my rework below so you can see a taste of what I've done so far (no H scenes though because why spoil the fun :) )

These scenes were from early in my efforts so I may end up going back and reworking so stuff but this is some examples of the improvements:
View attachment 749623
View attachment 749622

Feedback is appreciate (although these are only 2 scenes to go off of if there is something blaringly wrong I would like to know lol)
Hello, as English is not my first language i can't say for sure but this scene look good to me as everything is understandable and not confusing.
Also thank you allot for translating this game i remember some time back i try it and MTL was so horrible that i just dropped it not trying it again with improved MLT but still not so good but if you/when you finish from what i can see form those 2 pictures it will be great ...thank you for your hard work.

Aromabish

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2017
Update:

View attachment 749623
View attachment 749622

Just want to say a big thanks to you.

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
Update:

View attachment 749623
View attachment 749622

It's good! I have no problem! Thank you for your hard work!
It's okay to use your own style for the wordings, as I think it's too formal(?) Just my opinion tho~

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
It's good! I have no problem! Thank you for your hard work!
It's okay to use your own style for the wordings, as I think it's too formal(?) Just my opinion tho~
Yeah my old way of translating was a lot more robotic unfortunately. I've been working on trying to get into the characters head and making things sound a bit better. Thank you for the feedback!

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I do agree it's a bit formal, but honestly, just having a translation that isn't a word salad is a significant step up. Though, from my limited experience (not translating exactly but doing text cleanup/rewrites*), going from Plain English to Fancy English tends to be easier than the step from the other language/text to Plain English. Usually I'd say something about not burning yourself out but it sounds like you've put a decent amount of effort in already without flying off the rails, and I know that draw to rewrite is strong once you've got the character's mindset better worked out. I'm sure most of us can wait longer if you want to polish up earlier translations.

*(or I guess I will have done when I can stop obsessing over the last 5 minutes of what I'm doing and actually post it, until then I'm just some asshole on the internet claiming to have done so)

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I'd say something about not burning yourself out but it sounds like you've put a decent amount of effort in already without flying off the rails,
I take very long breaks between sessions to avoid burnout. :ROFLMAO: Thats why it has taken so long. I already know it won't be perfect but It will be better then my last translation. (I think)

Reactions: Beggarman

Uzume

Sep 20, 2017
View attachment 749623
View attachment 749622

As I am sure others have commented: great work! However, I notice you have opted to leave a number of things alone and/or only partially translated, e.g., the Japanese punctuation like quoting brackets (for both the content and the Japanese parentheses around the names). In the first image I can clearly see there is the inconsistency of having both a normal narrow and a Japanese wide question mark in the same text. In the second image I can see middots used where Western languages like English would use ellipsis.

One of the things I wish translation tools like Translator++ would do would be to flag translated strings that have characters outside of certain ranges where they are expected to me. For example, it could flag for things outside of a configured encoding like Latin-1. Of course this should be a selectable option based on the target translation. It could also flag "bad" or illegal characters (like the ones that caused so many issues), e.g.: "@| Again this should be selectable based on the target translation but could heuristically default to something based upon the game engine being used.

We probably need better translation tools. I would really like to have one that turns all text (including scripts, etc.) included in the game into text files and back. That would allow for things like global search and replace, etc. Don't get me wrong, I also like the concept of Translator++ has created but it is somewhat inflexible.

Is there any chance to change the translation to be based on the Ver1.31 Japanese release? Based on the release notes, I realize that seems to just be a fix for the map10 auction bug but one never really knows.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
As I am sure others have commented: great work! However, I notice you have opted to leave a number of things alone and/or only partially translated, e.g., the Japanese punctuation like quoting brackets (for both the content and the Japanese parentheses around the names). In the first image I can clearly see there is the inconsistency of having both a normal narrow and a Japanese wide question mark in the same text. In the second image I can see middots used where Western languages like English would use ellipsis.

You are correct. I have been working on improving myself in a few ways. One of which being consistency. Such a large project and unfortunately I often forget what I decided on in the past and flip flop back and forth on things. Such as whether to keep Japanese characters for ! and ? and ..... or not. This comes with planning and training which I have yet dire need of improving on both accounts.

Is there any chance to change the translation to be based on the Ver1.31 Japanese release? Based on the release notes, I realize that seems to just be a fix for the map10 auction bug but one never really knows.
Yes, there is definitely a chance to use ver1.31 if I had it to work with. Which I do not so I use 1.30. Additionally I think that map 10 auction bug I managed to fix very early on myself so there might not be a need to update it lol. If someone has 1.31 I wouldn't be opposed to updating my translation to fit it but the problem is if I have to redo alot of work on this I would rather Not actually upgrade.

Reactions: DarkForse

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Progress continues. I hit a my first Major Milestone today. All basic Map files are done. All that remains are like 20 very large ones that I left till last. After that we got like 100 common events to finish. There were like 600 of them so 100 left outta 600 is pretty damn good.

godhan69

Jul 27, 2019
how does sex and pregnancy system work here? is it from failure to defeat monsters, are there random encounters or is it the result of losing to a boss?

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes