Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
When I go to work as a maid for first time, at the end of the day , when Maya enters the master's office the game freezes. I haven't noticed any other error, but it seems that I can't work as a maid and see the scenes. Does anybody know what to do?
I vaguely remember hearing about a bug with the maid events having to do with skipping dialog? I could be wrong but if you are holding control while going through the scenes it can cause the game to crash there for some reason. Regardless, if the problem is related to the translation it will be gone when I finish overhauling it. For now if you are skipping dialog during that scene don't. see if going through it manually results in the problem continuing. I am almost confident that any and all bugs related to that MTL I fixed a long time ago, if more do exist I'm not fixing them because I'm redoing the entire translation so fixing the bugs are pointless.

Jul 8, 2020
I vaguely remember hearing about a bug with the maid events having to do with skipping dialog? I could be wrong but if you are holding control while going through the scenes it can cause the game to crash there for some reason. Regardless, if the problem is related to the translation it will be gone when I finish overhauling it. For now if you are skipping dialog during that scene don't. see if going through it manually results in the problem continuing. I am almost confident that any and all bugs related to that MTL I fixed a long time ago, if more do exist I'm not fixing them because I'm redoing the entire translation so fixing the bugs are pointless.
Well, you were right! I didn't skip the dialog and I was able to view the first scene. Thank you very much!

Reactions: Silentce

KoderVPX

Jan 23, 2020
Everytime I try to open this game it has an error saying the VL Gothic Font couldn't be found. Ive deleted it and reinstalled it but the same error keeps popping up. Is there any way to fix this?

Reactions: Murdon55555

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Status update on progress:

Map files 26/91 left to do

common events 91/400 some left to do.

That being said there is ONE more event left for the main story! After that I just need to translate all the sub events and the endings.

The map files there are only 3 big ones left. The rest after that are like 50 blocks of text or less which that may sound like a lot but the large ones are like 500 blocks of text to go through at the most....

Either way I am getting there.

So I was originally going to put out a beta test for people to play and give feedback on so I could do bugfixes before release as I go.

There was a problem with that unfortunately that prevented it. My method of translating has been a bit sloppy and because of my disorganized method compiling everything in the translation could potentially be a problem. I will know more once I finish all the map files because that is really the hold up.

Depending on my mood or any technical roadblocks I may or may not release a beta version of my translation for play testing once I have fnished all the map files. I think tomorrow I am going to buckle down and try and take care of the big files to get them out of the way or at least put a big enough dent in them that I don't have so much work to do later.

Yuno-Chan

Feb 21, 2018
I'm really interested in trying this game but one question keeps me from trying it. Does this game have a hard time limit? Meaning after the 30 days are up and it's time for the auction or whatever is it game over? Or can you keep playing the same save?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I'm really interested in trying this game but one question keeps me from trying it. Does this game have a hard time limit? Meaning after the 30 days are up and it's time for the auction or whatever is it game over? Or can you keep playing the same save?
Yes, the game has a hard time limit. You have to either get the money to buy her friend in time, or become a top tier adventurer so the Mayor respects you enough to hear you out.

Yuno-Chan

Feb 21, 2018
Yes, the game has a hard time limit. You have to either get the money to buy her friend in time, or become a top tier adventurer so the Mayor respects you enough to hear you out.
Ok I think I should clarify. I mean if you successfully fulfil those requirements meaning you win the game can you keep playing afterwards or is it a just live happily ever after ending scene?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Ok I think I should clarify I mean if you successfully fufill those requirements meaning you win the game can you keep playing afterwards or it just live happy ever after ending scene?
The game ends once you reach an end state. The only exception are bad ends (Game over rape essentially) but I am pretty sure there is a new game plus where you can continue.

BABPEEG

Aug 1, 2019
So how exactly did you fix the script 'window message' line 346? Was it deleting the @ marks or the |\ marks?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So how exactly did you fix the script 'window message' line 346? Was it deleting the @ marks or the |\ marks?
There shouldn't be anymore if you are using the latest patches that were created. I mean you can delete them but they are text control characters that serve a purpose. Removing the spaces within should do the job worse case scenario.

BABPEEG

Aug 1, 2019
Oh No, I am running into that problem with a game I am translating with translator++, it happens when anyone speaks in game so I was needing to know how you fixed it.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Oh No, I am running into that problem with a game I am translating with translator++, it happens when anyone speaks in game so I was needing to know how you fixed it.
So you are asking me about a totally different game. :unsure:

In that case the answer is maybe. It depends on what is broken, and where it is. That is a common generic error. It happens for alot of reasons. as I said it is usually due to spaces where they don't belong or broken special character commands.

BABPEEG

Aug 1, 2019
Yeah the game after machine translation is a mess of |\ and @ everywhere, thanks for the info.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Np, just in the future if you have questions about bugs in a game, it isn't usually a good idea to post in a totally unrelated thread. Mods are more likely to delete them for being offtopic. Just word of advice.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Added a Nopy link - thought this was a completed game?
it is, I am redoing the translation because it sucks and I didnt like having my name attached to a MTL When I knew I could do a better job. So I decided to redo it from scratch. After I reread your message I realized that you just added mirrors. For some dumb reason I thought someone had added something or redone the translation without me realizing. :ROFLMAO:

Don't mind me, I'm just tired as fuck and didn't read things right lol.

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes