VN Ren'Py Angel in L.A. Vol. 1 [v0.6.4 Rework] [DigiurgeCreations]

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Rech

Nov 2, 2016
There's VERY little content, just a short intro. Yet the amount of "pls support me on patreon" is really amusing.
Not a bad experience though.

Reactions: DigiurgeCreations

Pizzapockets

Jan 13, 2019
A few suggestions:

1. Tone down her body proportions. She looks like a blow-up doll. Just make her a tad more realistic.

2. Give users the real possibility of keeping her pure or corrupting her. Many games like this go into it with the dev clearly trying to force one or the other.

3. Maybe even add in some "misfortune" that the user doesn't plan for. Maybe she goes to a party...and maybe someone at that party spikes her drink?
Maybe she auditions for a modeling job or movie role and they demand something of her? Lol

All in all it's a really hot idea for a game so I hope you keep making it.
don't listen to this guy or what other people are saying about "fucked up body proportions" she kinda busty but there way worse offenders on this site.

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
+ The two guys at the bus stop looked so shitty that I had to laugh out loud

+- Angel looks like a sex doll... or rather the 2004 3D model of a sex doll
+- She never looks directly at the camera (you can point her eyes at your custom camera in DAZ)

- The DigiUrge logo in the beginning, along with the poopy music, was the saddest thing I've experienced today
- Is this even rendered? It looks like unrendered DAZ materials. Even 3Delight shouldn't look like this
- Look at the enclosed screenshot. Even the characters don't look at each other. And damn, her dad looks creepy af
- Her brother Jake looks older than their dad. A LOT OLDER. And like a Simpsons character
- Landon is almost as creepy as his dad but DAMN is the dad creepy
- Angels looks like 3 different girls throughout the demo

The demo is super short. The renders are so bad that they made me laugh at times. This is the "The Room" of the F95 universe. The dev is the Tommy Wiseau of this universe. Her dad creeped me out and I'm sure I'll have at least one nightmare about him. The fact that so much stuff was so bad yet the dev seems endearing in a few spots during the demo will probably make me return. But not to fap. To laugh. And I'd rather laugh than be frustrated by bad games.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
I have no problem with that doll-like look, but will wait until we have 0.2 or something like that. I like it when a game's playtime is longer that the download time ^^
I respect that. This is just a demo though, v0.1b is longer. And as far as v0.2b, I am making it longer with more choices.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
With all those different paths/routes, can we expect the sex scenes, especially for her first time, to be actually made interesting as in the writing, the scene setting, etc, or will the scenes just happen relatively quickly without much development invested into them?
I plan to develop the scenes and characters as much as possible. It may take awhile before the main character actually has a sex scene, though I do plan to have sex scenes with other characters before then.

Reactions: slimjim101

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
A few suggestions:

1. Tone down her body proportions. She looks like a blow-up doll. Just make her a tad more realistic.

2. Give users the real possibility of keeping her pure or corrupting her. Many games like this go into it with the dev clearly trying to force one or the other.

3. Maybe even add in some "misfortune" that the user doesn't plan for. Maybe she goes to a party...and maybe someone at that party spikes her drink?
Maybe she auditions for a modeling job or movie role and they demand something of her? Lol

All in all it's a really hot idea for a game so I hope you keep making it.
1. Honestly, I like her the way she is and probably won't change her body. I may eventually reduce her breast size just a tad (not too noticeable though as big breasts are part of her character) and give her a little more "cushion for the pushin" in the rear end once I get the 'glute control' package in Daz3d, but overall her body will remain as is for the most part.

2. I do give the users the option of keeping her pure all throughout the game. Check out the section where I explain the Pure path, Naive path, and the Experimental path. It will be up to you how the story ends up for the most part.

3. There will be plenty of those types of misfortunes for her, especially in the Naive path.

Thank you for the suggestions and thank you for your interest in the game! (y)

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
+ The two guys at the bus stop looked so shitty that I had to laugh out loud

+- Angel looks like a sex doll... or rather the 2004 3D model of a sex doll
+- She never looks directly at the camera (you can point her eyes at your custom camera in DAZ)

- The DigiUrge logo in the beginning, along with the poopy music, was the saddest thing I've experienced today
- Is this even rendered? It looks like unrendered DAZ materials. Even 3Delight shouldn't look like this
- Look at the enclosed screenshot. Even the characters don't look at each other. And damn, her dad looks creepy af
- Her brother Jake looks older than their dad. A LOT OLDER. And like a Simpsons character
- Landon is almost as creepy as his dad but DAMN is the dad creepy
- Angels looks like 3 different girls throughout the demo

The demo is super short. The renders are so bad that they made me laugh at times. This is the "The Room" of the F95 universe. The dev is the Tommy Wiseau of this universe. Her dad creeped me out and I'm sure I'll have at least one nightmare about him. The fact that so much stuff was so bad yet the dev seems endearing in a few spots during the demo will probably make me return. But not to fap. To laugh. And I'd rather laugh than be frustrated by bad games.
Thanks for your harsh but honest review. It is your opinion and everyone is entitled to it. Harsh? Yeah, but thanks anyways...

Just to explain:

1. The two guys are g2, I didn't want to use my g8 males for roles that would only be used once and never seen again. I only have so many resources starting out, this sht is expensive man...
2. I like how Angel looks. If she looks like a sexdoll, then so be it.
3. Still new at this, so thanks for the advice and pointing out the flaws so I can work on them. It is still very early in development and you have only played the demo so far so not much to go off of.
4. I Have only been doing this for a month and don't have all that much time and honestly put together the logo at the beginning with custom music rather quickly, so it will get better with time.
5. Iray takes forever on my rig, sorry I don't have a state of the art pc right now. And again, I don't have that much time to sit and wait for a 3Delight render that takes 10 minutes an image. I will have to settle with this quality at this time til I can get a better rig. I'm sorry it's not up to your standards.
6. Honestly I did think the Dad looked creepy af too, but he's the only figure I have that looks older. Jake is in his mid twenties and I disagree with you that you think he looks older than the dad. Whatever though, to each their own opinion.
7. She has her hair changed, idk how you can say she looks like 3 different characters, but whatever man.

Anyways, again thanks for your review of the demo.

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
There's VERY little content, just a short intro. Yet the amount of "pls support me on patreon" is really amusing.
Not a bad experience though.
Thanks.

Perhaps I did over-do the please support part :censored:

Just a side effect of spending a crap ton of my savings on this project I guess :cautious:

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
After reading a bit more about it on patreon, I feel like it will have way too much stats that will just end up in a boring stat grind like many of the free-roam/sandbox games on here.

If every character has stats like affection and contempt, this will not only be a heavy grind for players on already 3 possible routes/paths, but it will eventually also slower your development times as you have to keep track of every stat and keep building in scenes that ask for certain stat requirements, which I imagine will also have different plays of the scenes. For example scene A for having more affection, scene B for having more contempt.

It'll just be a mess and fail if not done correctly.
Since this is your first game from a developer perspective, I recommend you focus the game to be a Visual Novel for now without too much of these stat interactions.

Learn the engine, focus on doing the content you want to include and get yourself familiar of the work flow a developer will & should have when trying to deliver a good and hopefully polished product.

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for your harsh but honest review. It is your opinion and everyone is entitled to it. Harsh? Yeah, but thanks anyways...
I know my review was a bit harsh, but I try to be as honest as possible because I think the devs deserve it. I certainly never hate on anything just to bring anyone down. I really appreciate you replying to my review, DigiurgeCreations !

Just to explain:

1. The two guys are g2, I didn't want to use my g8 males for roles that would only be used once and never seen again. I only have so many resources starting out, this sht is expensive man...
I do agree, it can be quite pricey. Have you considered getting the VIP membership at DAZ for 7 bucks a month? There is a lot of cheap stuff for sale, like models and hair and all that. For about 20 bucks, you could probably get about 4 or 5 throwaway characters. And if you'd like to save even more money, you could just take the base G8 male and change it up with a few sliders. Even if you'd create monsters with G8, I'm sure they'd look much better than the G2 ones you're using right now.

2. I like how Angel looks. If she looks like a sexdoll, then so be it.
I didn't say she looked bad and I'm sure that there's a crowd for her looks.

3. Still new at this, so thanks for the advice and pointing out the flaws so I can work on them. It is still very early in development and you have only played the demo so far so not much to go off of.
I agree and I will check out the next few versions.

4. I Have only been doing this for a month and don't have all that much time and honestly put together the logo at the beginning with custom music rather quickly, so it will get better with time.
By "only doing this for a month"... do you mean you just started out learning DAZ, rendering and Renpy? If so, aren't you worried about being a bit too quick? Given a few more months you might be much better at all that stuff and release something that would give off a much better impression of your skills.

5. Iray takes forever on my rig, sorry I don't have a state of the art pc right now. And again, I don't have that much time to sit and wait for a 3Delight render that takes 10 minutes an image. I will have to settle with this quality at this time til I can get a better rig. I'm sorry it's not up to your standards.
Have you thought about getting this? It's 10 bucks. You just model your scenes, save them as DUF files (scenes) and then let the batch renderer do the renders while you're not sitting at the PC. You could get a much better quality without having to "sit and wait" like you said. For 10 bucks, I'd say it's worth checking it out. Higher quality might make a lot more people want to support you on Patreon.

6. Honestly I did think the Dad looked creepy af too, but he's the only figure I have that looks older. Jake is in his mid twenties and I disagree with you that you think he looks older than the dad. Whatever though, to each their own opinion.
Whatever you do, please don't change the dad. He may be creepy as fuck, but other than 100 other games that I played and soon after forgot about, I will probably never forget this guy. That's a good thing and something you could build upon. Like, make all the males creepy af even if the girls are sex dolls. It could be its own genre and I think I'd play it for the entertainment value alone. Being serious here.

7. She has her hair changed, idk how you can say she looks like 3 different characters, but whatever man.

Anyways, again thanks for your review of the demo.
Np, thanks for replying in a respectful manner![/QUOTE]

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
After reading a bit more about it on patreon, I feel like it will have way too much stats that will just end up in a boring stat grind like many of the free-roam/sandbox games on here.

If every character has stats like affection and contempt, this will not only be a heavy grind for players on already 3 possible routes/paths, but it will eventually also slower your development times as you have to keep track of every stat and keep building in scenes that ask for certain stat requirements, which I imagine will also have different plays of the scenes. For example scene A for having more affection, scene B for having more contempt.

It'll just be a mess and fail if not done correctly.
Since this is your first game from a developer perspective, I recommend you focus the game to be a Visual Novel for now without too much of these stat interactions.

Learn the engine, focus on doing the content you want to include and get yourself familiar of the work flow a developer will & should have when trying to deliver a good and hopefully polished product.
Thank you for the advice. Truthfully I have already gotten the hang of the whole stat requirement thing in my test game I made. I will however focus on the VN part of the game mostly in regards to the Affection/Contempt portion of the game. The aim of the Affection/Contempt system is just meant to give you, the player of the game, the freedom to interact more or less with who you want.

Last edited:

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
I know my review was a bit harsh, but I try to be as honest as possible because I think the devs deserve it. I certainly never hate on anything just to bring anyone down. I really appreciate you replying to my review, DigiurgeCreations !

I do agree, it can be quite pricey. Have you considered getting the VIP membership at DAZ for 7 bucks a month? There is a lot of cheap stuff for sale, like models and hair and all that. For about 20 bucks, you could probably get about 4 or 5 throwaway characters. And if you'd like to save even more money, you could just take the base G8 male and change it up with a few sliders. Even if you'd create monsters with G8, I'm sure they'd look much better than the G2 ones you're using right now.

I didn't say she looked bad and I'm sure that there's a crowd for her looks.

I agree and I will check out the next few versions.

By "only doing this for a month"... do you mean you just started out learning DAZ, rendering and Renpy? If so, aren't you worried about being a bit too quick? Given a few more months you might be much better at all that stuff and release something that would give off a much better impression of your skills.

Have you thought about getting this? It's 10 bucks. You just model your scenes, save them as DUF files (scenes) and then let the batch renderer do the renders while you're not sitting at the PC. You could get a much better quality without having to "sit and wait" like you said. For 10 bucks, I'd say it's worth checking it out. Higher quality might make a lot more people want to support you on Patreon.

Whatever you do, please don't change the dad. He may be creepy as fuck, but other than 100 other games that I played and soon after forgot about, I will probably never forget this guy. That's a good thing and something you could build upon. Like, make all the males creepy af even if the girls are sex dolls. It could be its own genre and I think I'd play it for the entertainment value alone. Being serious here.

Np, thanks for replying in a respectful manner!
[/QUOTE]

True, honesty is much appreciated bc it will only help me get better. Thank you for the awesome response!

I'm following up with your advice and will certainly get the batch render script. A totally awesome thank you for that!

And yes, I began learning Daz3D, rendering, and Renpy on June 2nd of this year, but I'm a quick learner and dedicated to my craft. That is why I'm not offended by the criticism and welcome it so that I can learn and become better, so again, thank you.

Reactions: batman666

DigiurgeCreations

Game Developer
Jun 20, 2019
when the next version? :love: the girl is very sexy!
Thank you!

Right now I have the 0.1b version available for $1 Patrons on as part of a special launch offer and am currently working on v0.2b for an August release..

Last edited:

Kinjiru

Sep 30, 2018
I think it looks like a good start and if development keeps going at a steady pace, I'll be very pleased! I went ahead and pledged as a Patron, let's see where this goes. Oh, and, I like the model you used. I don't care if it's "realistic" or not. I did see a few typos, minor stuff like apostrophe use.

4.00 star(s) 8 Votes