VN Ren'Py Abandoned Angel of Innocence [v0.7.1 Public] [G12 Games]

3.70 star(s) 13 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What? Where? Nuthin” but skipping a letter and/or number while posting the links, the site will not recognize the code.
Bad link. When MEGA opens it asks for a key. ;) (PC)

''The provided key is not valid. Make sure the key is correct or ask the author for a new link.''
Thanks and it's fixed
Don't know how that happened the mac version was good

Reactions: JokerLeader

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Normally I would not agree with you but this time I have to admit you are right. The author made the mistake of not giving the right to choose regarding what was going to happen and right about the anal it was, i can say badly written Nicolete said that anal is taboo and then ... But that doesn't make the game less pleasant once what this mistake has been fixed. And I don't give a damn about your memories, and if you stopped playing the game, why are you still posting in this tread?
Comments like this do not help the author to make progress with the game, the first thing is that he must be allowed to do it as he wants, not as we want, and then if we like we play if not, we do not play it. In my opinion the comments should be able to increase the quality of the game not to change the story as we have the pleasure. And sorry for my bad English
Hah, I was expecting someone to ask why I'm still watching the forum for this game.
Why? I'm just curious. What Dev decides to do next.. and whatever.
I also like to read people's opinions.
Just because I'm not going to play this game doesn't mean I can't read this forum and see what happens next. :)

Jun 1, 2017
Hah, I was expecting someone to ask why I'm still watching the forum for this game.
Why? I'm just curious. What Dev decides to do next.. and whatever.
I also like to read people's opinions.
Just because I'm not going to play this game doesn't mean I can't read this forum and see what happens next. :)
Yes you are right sorry.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
If any dev here makes changes taking into account what a bunch of pirates think their game should include/exclude, then they don't really deserve any support. Paying some attention to feedback is fine. But tailoring your game to it, expecting more support, is paranoid considering the nature of the site we are on...

Actually, going into development with anything but very clear, unshakable plan about what your game will be, is bound to cause you trouble at some point.
If these games were completed in one go, and wouldn't rely on a monthly support basis that is fluctuating, you'd be right somewhat. Do mind that several games and developers with an "unshakable will" ends up in smokes ultimately, because the plan itself was a clusterfuck from the very beginning.

The problem here was that the developer made a scene totally out of synch from the story, and comitted a character murder. The boss was a main girl for several peoples playthrough, and without any beforehand warning it took a 180 turn. Not listening to feedback in a situation like this does just as much bad as catering too much. Also it creates a level of distrust, because what's the garantuee that this type of turnaround won't happen again.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It wasn't just the lack of warning or build up, it was the fact that we had the exact opposite of that! Right before the MC had sex with her in the pool, he just mentioned how he was admiring her ass and she rushed to make it clear how that's a "forbidden zone" and then she suddenly gets double penetrated by two randos and the MC is loving it! What happened? Were they alowed entrance to the "forbidden zone" because they were UN's special envoys? She also had an internal monologue before deciding to have sex with the MC, about how she hadn't been with a man for months, if it's the right choice and all that, and then out of nowhere... gets double penetrated by two random guys without a second thought! That wasn't just out of character, that was killing her off and replacing her with her sex addict clone...
Yeah and also the reaction of MC getting either happily a hard on or even joining in was quite a surprise with how MC was portrayed until then. :p

Edit: Overall that scene felt like someone else had hijacked the computer of the original dev and continued with a completely new game with another theme and forgot to rework all that came before as well, while using the same characters :)

Last edited:

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
If these games were completed in one go, and wouldn't rely on a monthly support basis that is fluctuating, you'd be right somewhat. Do mind that several games and developers with an "unshakable will" ends up in smokes ultimately, because the plan itself was a clusterfuck from the very beginning.

The problem here was that the developer made a scene totally out of synch from the story, and comitted a character murder. The boss was a main girl for several peoples playthrough, and without any beforehand warning it took a 180 turn. Not listening to feedback in a situation like this does just as much bad as catering too much. Also it creates a level of distrust, because what's the garantuee that this type of turnaround won't happen again.
Their monthly support comes from their patreons not from pirates. Some might be both but there is no way to know and I'd wager the vast majority here isn't. And even when it comes to Patreons, it looks creatively bankrupt to let them dictate your game. You make what you want to make, to the best of your ability and if it's truly a good game, it will find audience. Like those polls some creators do to dictate which character should get content next. Reminds me of camgirls asking for money from simps to pick what fetish they are doing next. It looks cheap.

On this specific topic, I actually agree with inconsistent characterization comments. But when you write inconsistent characters, not trying to explain narratively why they changed and then backtrack to remove shit afterwards, doesn't seem rock solid game design to me. Certainly not encouraging me to support anything.

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Yeah and also the reaction of MC getting either happily a hard on or even joining in was quite a surprise with how MC was portrayed until then. :p

Edit: Overall that scene felt like someone else had hijacked the computer of the original dev and continued with a completely new game with another theme and forgot to rework all that came before as well, while using the same characters :)
That's not that off from what I think actually happened. It was most likely some random person, who threw money on the devs direction and commissioned that scene. If that's the case he should just make a perk for patrons over a certain tier, to create short scenes of their liking, but just for them and without any connection to the actual game.

Reactions: Ursus4321

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Their monthly support comes from their patreons not from pirates. Some might be both but there is no way to know and I'd wager the vast majority here isn't. And even when it comes to Patreons, it looks creatively bankrupt to let them dictate your game. You make what you want to make, to the best of your ability and if it's truly a good game, it will find audience. Like those polls some creators do to dictate which character should get content next. Reminds me of camgirls asking for money from simps to pick what fetish they are doing next. It looks cheap.

On this specific topic, I actually agree with inconsistent characterization comments. But when you write inconsistent characters, not trying to explain narratively why they changed and then backtrack to remove shit afterwards, doesn't seem rock solid game design to me. Certainly not encouraging me to support anything.
While it is a small percentage, these pirates are what will become the future patreons, if the game manages to pull them in well enough. For yet small games, feedback from sites like this is can be very valuable. Dictating direction is one thing, but what you brought as an example, choosing specific characters isn't necessarily a bad one, if there's no solid roadmap for the story content, and it is somewhat more flexible when it comes to the order of events.

Thing is, this was a massive inconsistency. There were several lines throughout the game that emphasized of her having a certain characteristic, then without any explanation it turned into the opposite while in-game it was handled as it supposed to be natural. That type of game design is already a bad one, removing the contradiction is what can fix this up exactly. If it's anything, the fact that the story and characters can be turned out of themselves on whim without any foundation is what makes people thinking over twice if they want to throw support or not.

Reactions: Kond

Paapi

Engaged Member
Jan 21, 2020
simple solution: don't use this total useless junk!
go play your one-click ports and leave me alone with your highly informative posts.
The66. "Renpy" folder has no use. But have cons. If u want, i can explain

Sngo

May 9, 2020
Since i only started playing the game after that scene was removed (thank god) i don't have the bad memory that would make me puke whenever looking to her.

I'm glad that dev fixed/removed that huge mistake and that Nicolete keep being her "old" self since she is my favorite. Just hope for more consistent and fast updates and that he don't ruin Nicolete, till then i will keep playing it and see where it goes

Reactions: Assman_6969

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
G12 Games

So I'm trying to play the new update... However, the text seems to be magnified to such an extent that the text box is squeezing the edge of the screen and sometimes even spilling over... Anyone know in which file text size preferences are set? Barring that, could Dev tweak the text smaller a smidge in a bugfix/maintenance release?

Also, there was an ignorable traceback relating to line 151 of script.rpy:

show screen one_button_screen

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017

I think the guarantee that such a thing will not happen again is that the dev accepted that it had been a mistake and eliminated it. He's supposed to be learning from his mistakes and I don't think he's going to try to kill the game again. Nobody in their right mind would do something like that. So I think at least I'm going to give it another chance. Everyone has the right to be wrong

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
G12 Games

So I'm trying to play the new update... However, the text seems to be magnified to such an extent that the text box is squeezing the edge of the screen and sometimes even spilling over... Anyone know in which file text size preferences are set? Barring that, could Dev tweak the text smaller a smidge in a bugfix/maintenance release?

Also, there was an ignorable traceback relating to line 151 of script.rpy:

show screen one_button_screen
Yeah ... not the best quality control when the first screen of the game is an error screen.

I mean the text is easy to read, but yes, it is to large - could be half the size.
screenshot0001.png

How can a dev release a game with that font size? ..

Last edited:

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
I think the guarantee that such a thing will not happen again is that the dev accepted that it had been a mistake and eliminated it. He's supposed to be learning from his mistakes and I don't think he's going to try to kill the game again. Nobody in their right mind would do something like that. So I think at least I'm going to give it another chance. Everyone has the right to be wrong
I totally agree that everyone can make mistakes, and this Dev did apologize & fix the mistake.
However, as a big supporter of multiple projects on both Patr & SS (I love f95zone for finding projects, comments & humor), I can tell you that I still have several concerns.

The primary one is trust in the developer, to make a game that I will enjoy. Let me be clear here, the developer SHOULD make the game that they plan/envision/want. I am totally for that as a BIG ($$ & Otherwise) supporter of independent creators.

However, I do not want to contribute to a project, especially one that goes several months between updates, to find out that the Developers game is not something, or (has become something) I will not enjoy. That's just a waste of money on my part (money that I could put towards a project I will enjoy)

This boils down to a basis of trust in the Developer;

Do you trust a Dev that makes such a 180 move to not do it again?
Do you risk that your contributions will be put towards a project you will enjoy?

I'm a firm believer in contributing to Developers whose projects you like (if able). But why would I contribute to projects that focus on content I don't want to see? Personally, I suck it up and bite the bullet if the game is good enough and if this content is avoidable (not skippable).

This is why I think a Dev should have a clear plan and be upfront with what content will be in their project. It sets a clear bar for the baseline of trust with your $$ backers and allows those who do not like your planned content to move on.

In this case, the Dev made a mistake. They fixed it, in as much as they removed content that went against their original project expectations as established by their description. Hopefully, in the future, they stick to both the original vision they had and the promises they made to backers (which really should be the same thing).

Personally, I will download and try the game as the Dev has shown a want to 'make things right' with their target audience. However, given the severity of the mistake.. I don't know if I can trust them enough to support the title. Maybe this is one of those cases where a donation after the final release is the best way?

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
You're a wizard Harry!!
But seriously, at one point the MC can have floating sex with Sandy if his magic wand is up to the challenge.

Last edited:

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
I don't know about past "DP" version. I only started playing today. The game seems to be very good with gripping story elements, not much blueballing and sex scenes are long enough with multiple positions with good amount of foreplay. And I love Sandy & Nicole.

And Kindly please remove MMMF kink from genre column in OP page of this game thread. It's not necessary now and more fans will able to play it now.

Reactions: Kame-Sennin
3.70 star(s) 13 Votes