Votes: 133 21.2%
  • The Revolutionist Manifesto

Votes: 122 19.4%
  • All Out War

Votes: 299 47.6%

• Total voters

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Wow you are amazing. Are you a patreon? Perhaps your contribution could've gone towards having Stephen fry as a proofreader. If typos are that bad for you, you should stick to wanking over a dictionary. This is the most anal and miniscule comment I've ever seen on this game.
1 - I don't know who Stephen fry is, but I think he/she/it/ can only be somebody if it was Fry, not fry.
2 - Typos? Your "fry" was probably one but is "your's" istead of "yours", repeated hundreds of times also a typo in your opinion?
3 - "wanking over a dictionary" is an interesting suggestion! I mean if it had pictures and I was at the page with words beginning with s or f or so , it could work. Did it work for you?
4 - And I suppose by "miniscule" you may mean minuscule.. But that would be already "too latin" for a native English speaker, right?
"I understand that non native English speakers have a problem, I am myself none.. "
This doesn't make much sense at all. You are what? This is not English. I am myself none makes no sense.
1 - "I am myself none" means I am myself not a native English speaker, not one > none (of them). What is your problem here?
2 - You should decide: either doesn't make much sense or doesn't make sense at all. "doesn't make much sense at all" .. makes no sense coz it's either/or, can't be both :).
"but I learned English in school and I learned it so good that i can correct native English speakers"
First of all it's learnt, not learned.
That may be correct but "learned" was not corrected by the automatic spellchecker of this page. May be something like English vs. American English, I don't know..
Your grammar is also very poor. You need to learn about sentence structure, and how to actually communicate.
Really? You would have to pay me to make me write things like "This doesn't make much sense at all." For some reason I fail to learn how to communicate from that..

Look.. what I'm saying here is the following:
If you are a truck driver, you must know how to drive a truck. It is irrelevant if you also know how to write in that case.
But if you are a writer (or proofreader) you must know how to WRITE. It is irrelevant if you know how to drive a truck in this case!

Can we at least agree on this?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm neither a truck driver, nor am I a writer. I can only do as much as I can do ..
(looking for a dictionary with pictures for the moment..)

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
You are insane. Your English is awful. How on earth would be be so proud as to insult a hard working developer by writing this shit.
1 - no , I'm not
2 - no, it's not
3 - "be be so proud" makes no sense "at all" :)
4 - FYI, if I insulted anybody (which I doubt) it would be the so called PROOFREADERS , not the developer, who's work is really great! Which is why, as a non native English speaker, he should use good proofreaders, not such.. wannabees.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Native English speakers tend to have the same troubles in spanish and in german but that is a skill which comes with the time paractice is all just saying
I don't know about Spanish but I live in Germany since 30 years and I never saw a native English speaker having troubles to chose between "der" and "ein". That's because the English Language does have such articles in front of the words. Russian language does NOT.

I don't speak Russian but I saw thousands of Russian movies with subtitles and I felt that they simply do not use articles when they speak. I don't remember how they say "girlfriend" in Russian but i think girl is something like "devucka". So if for instance you want to ask in Russian "do you have a girl(friend)?" you say something like "devucka iesti?" which means as much as "is there girl" or "does girl exist?". Not a "the", not an "a".. You can imagine how difficult it is for a Russian to guess if in English he should say "Do you have a girl" or "Do you have the girl"..

Saruh Games

The grinding never stops
Game Developer
Aug 6, 2016
Kids, please don't fight, please.

Although the guys that helped me proofread the game didn't do a perfect job, I'm thankful for their goodwill, since they all had their own issues and personal life stuff to deal with and still took their time to offer me a hand, so, YES, they will have my gratitude.

And for Demitrius p offer, if you have access to Discord, it would be better to conversate there since discussing ideas here could give the players many spoilers. Still, as for your offer to proofread the game, I'll continue to decline since I decided to hire professional help for that, and thanks to my patrons' support, now this is something within my reach.

So I believe that in the next release, the typos and grammar issues won't be a problem; what I'll need is that at least one of you guys to replay the game from the intro to check it and see if everything is in order and if it's not, please tell me, OK?

And as always, thank you all for caring so much; it means the world to me that my project managed to move so many people; thank you for the moral support!

Reactions: The Sailor Man

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Saruh Na not fighting it is a passionate discusion at least I do not take any offense, and Mizilic is not offensive either,
mizilic Well, I did, with "der" "die" and with "ein" and "eine" specially In the Southern part of Germany (American english) and in the Center west part (British) and well that happens in the almost 25 years I lived over there (Germany)

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
The real problem is that he has a bunch of "proofreaders" and he THANKS them! For what? Almost every sentence has terrible mistakes!

I understand that non native English speakers have a problem, I am myself none.. but I learned English in school and I learned it so good that i can correct native English speakers when they don't make a difference between "her" and "here" or "their" and "there" or they write "your's" instead of "yours" or such.

To hire and to probably pay "proofreaders" who leave the text looking as it looks now is however not understandable! They may be native English speakers but I bet they hardly saw a school from inside.. if at all.

And that is really a pity coz this is a very good game!
Your rant here has 9 grammar mistakes.

In fact you heard xapican:
Well the advantage of not beeing a Native English speaker, helps me afortunatly !! so I understand perfecly the "bad English"
This should work for you as well mizilic.

Last edited:

Light86

Mar 25, 2018
this game has the shitiest prologue story i have ever seen
the moment that mark guy hit henry dad and laughed i stoped playing the game .

Last edited:
Reactions: italianstallionxxx

Slappy Kinkaid

Game Developer
Apr 14, 2018
Alright guys, I agree with Saruh. I read through your back & forth & all of you were correct in some areas, incorrect in others & the beefing needs to stop. Saruh already said he has a paid editor now, so it should be a non issue anyways, plus let's be real, for most of us Native English speakers, English is all we know, Can any of you Native English speakers fluently speak another language? I can't & the same goes for most other people in the USA & UK. So the fact he can speak & type English as well as he does is an area where he's got us beat, so give the guy a break.

That said, mizilic did bring up some valid points in the back & forth there, in that there's a lot of disconnects in not just language, but language structure from one language to another which does illustrate the difficulties in communicating outside their native language. For example, I didn't know that in Cyrillic, (basically Russian), they don't use many pronouns, (if I understood correctly), So when you hear someone with a heavy Russian accent say "Put a heavy bag of groceries in the car" as "put heavy bag of food in car", those gaps are there because the missing words are lacking in their native tongue so speaking without them is their normal state. That's interesting. I never knew that before.

That said, with this understanding, I think, with English, you also need to pay attention to things like regional lexicon & dialect. & this is where I think mizilic overlooked some parts, though let's be honest, English is a tough nut to crack because depending on where you live, there are numerous forms of English. For example. Someone in the south might say "Ay man, your hair is looking pretty nice even though your grill is all jacked up for a city boy, ok see you later man", Where someone from say Boston would say "Hey pal, you got wicked pissah hair for a townie yuck mouth. Ok see ya later guy". Both state the same general statement of "Hello, your hair looks good but your teeth are all messed up for a city person, Ok goodbye", they are both vastly different in vernacular despite sharing the same language & to someone that's a non native English speaker that isn't familiar with these lexicon variations, it can be a real bitch to navigate the language. So it's not just a matter of understanding a language, but also understanding how it's used for the geographic setting you're aiming for. Technically the way mizilic typed was correct, it just didn't make sense in some areas because the word arrangement didn't match up with the more commonly used ways of saying what he was communicating. So as we can see, Even with a firm grasp of the language, it's still very easy to make mistakes. So I think we should just let it rest.

Saruh, Sure I'm on Discord, I'll send you my handle in a private message. Go ahead & hit me back with yours man.

Trainer7

Feb 13, 2018
Another nice update, shame you closed off a path but with so many paths I can get why you ended one, saves you time if nothing else.

Keep up the good work :)

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
So when you hear someone with a heavy Russian accent say "Put a heavy bag of groceries in the car" as "put heavy bag of food in car", those gaps are there because the missing words are lacking in their native tongue so speaking without them is their normal state.
That's right, they can not imagine those articles, so they usually ignore them, to not risk to use the wrong ones . But in most cases he would not say "in car" but "on car", coz they also have a problem with in and on :)
That said, with this understanding, I think, with English, you also need to pay attention to things like regional lexicon & dialect. & this is where I think mizilic overlooked some parts, though let's be honest, English is a tough nut to crack because depending on where you live, there are numerous forms of English.
That's right, my English is from school, from movies, songs and from the internet but i never lived in an English speaking country, not even 1 week.. Watching movies in English with subtitles does help but not in terms of regional dialects because even if i may sense that someone speaks a dialect, I have no way to know which one. I can however recognize the Scotland and the AU/NZ kinds of English, which doesn't mean that I really understand those as good as the news on CNN for instance :)
Technically the way mizilic typed was correct, it just didn't make sense in some areas because the word arrangement didn't match up with the more commonly used ways of saying what he was communicating. So as we can see, Even with a firm grasp of the language, it's still very easy to make mistakes. So I think we should just let it rest.
Sure, we let it rest but if you have some time maybe you can give me a few examples of where my "word arrangement" was not right and how it should have been. As long as I live, I like to learn and.. I'm not dead yet:) You can use PM, to not disturb the others here with this closed matter.

Reactions: xapican

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
That said, with this understanding, I think, with English, you also need to pay attention to things like regional lexicon & dialect. & this is where I think @mizilic overlooked some parts, though let's be honest
Yes, what is called regional slang as well the so called register if it is high or low, high register is for example the english or the language spoken in certain so "called clases" Royality for example, or in higher Managment levels, wich is different to the usal spoken english on the streets and the everyday,and that is a handicap when u write a dialoge in and foregin language, as well when u try to translate the feeling and the eroticism from one language to another, seen a few games where it happend, and the english version has nothing to do with the original Language (I seen that in Spanish and German since these 2 are my native languages) It isn´t the same to read Nieztsche in german as to read (and both translations were top) the same book in spanish or english.
Mizilic ´s english is how i said very good and he made his point clear.
Aswell that this discusion brought up points that often are not taken in acount.
My advice to Saruh would be that he tells the proofreader what he want to say and give him a room to redact it.

Reactions: emiyaann
Jun 1, 2017
Oh I noticed a real parade here about how to say English, hmmm ... why do you think everyone should be able to speak perfect English? because you feel hurt in personal pride that your language is the center of the universe? I could say that you do not have knowledge about how the habit of learning a foreign language works from a social and native point of view. Maybe you believe and feel offended that other people from other parts of the globe do not speak the language with which you were born and you speak it from birth but these people have had a hard time learning this knowledge and if you think about the fact that certain cultures just don't have certain things that appear in the English vocabulary it's even harder for them because their expression is not English. So be a little more understanding with those who try to speak your language, it is a sign of politeness and necessity on their part not an obligation to satisfy your ego to be speakers of the universal language. As someone here said maybe for you it is it's hard to adapt to a language, as you say, engrish? and you can't understand what's being said there, but for those engrish speakers it's just fine, because they understand the message and don't bother with grammatical mistakes that make you you feel frustrated that it is not on your understanding. So who is at a loss here? those who make a real fuss about language or those who don't care but understand what's going on?

Yes, this message is written with Google transaltor, so feel free to criticize my expression and grammar mistakes and slap me as much as you want. Show Time.

Last edited:

Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
I'm not far into it but is every character really just a repugnant piece of shit? They're all awful and part of me wants to shoot down all sexual content just to spite them. The supposed nympho slut is the only character that doesn't behave like a malicious buffoon.

Last edited:

gnole13

May 29, 2020
Oh I noticed a real parade here about how to say English, hmmm ... why do you think everyone should be able to speak perfect English? because you feel hurt in personal pride that your language is the center of the universe? I could say that you do not have knowledge about how the habit of learning a foreign language works from a social and native point of view. Maybe you believe and feel offended that other people from other parts of the globe do not speak the language with which you were born and you speak it from birth but these people have had a hard time learning this knowledge and if you think about the fact that certain cultures just don't have certain things that appear in the English vocabulary it's even harder for them because their expression is not English. So be a little more understanding with those who try to speak your language, it is a sign of politeness and necessity on their part not an obligation to satisfy your ego to be speakers of the universal language. As someone here said maybe for you it is it's hard to adapt to a language, as you say, engrish? and you can't understand what's being said there, but for those engrish speakers it's just fine, because they understand the message and don't bother with grammatical mistakes that make you you feel frustrated that it is not on your understanding. So who is at a loss here? those who make a real fuss about language or those who don't care but understand what's going on?

Yes, this message is written with Google transaltor, so feel free to criticize my expression and grammar mistakes and slap me as much as you want. Show Time.
Show timeee. Statistically speaking, 75% of the members of this form can understand perfectly what you wrote, cause they are non-native English speakers. I understand perfectly for example.
By the way, your own language should be well known by Google translator. I never get this kind of good translation.

As an example, I understand the non-English speakers English better than native ones, my boss is an English guy, London-born, lived in manchester and Birmingham. Damn, after 2 pints of beer, I even don't understand what he is talking about. :)
We, the ones who learned English as second or sometimes like in my case as third languages use nearly the same. Sorry, but we understand each other better than native speakers.

Jun 1, 2017
Show timeee. Statistically speaking, 75% of the members of this form can understand perfectly what you wrote, cause they are non-native English speakers. I understand perfectly for example.
By the way, your own language should be well known by Google translator. I never get this kind of good translation.

As an example, I understand the non-English speakers English better than native ones, my boss is an English guy, London-born, lived in manchester and Birmingham. Damn, after 2 pints of beer, I even don't understand what he is talking about. :)
We, the ones who learned English as second or sometimes like in my case as third languages use nearly the same. Sorry, but we understand each other better than native speakers.
I totaly agree with you :)

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes