BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Some good things in this game, but I've had to call it quits after a bit. Seems like I got something like half the scenes.

Angela is fun enough, although I do wish the "curve" to her corruption had been a bit less steep. Would have been more fun if you had to ease her into the world of debauchery more. Felt very on-rails, which sort of loses my interest in most scenes, even if they're generally good quality.

Walking sections really needed a slight bit of extra speed.

I have to say though, I get why Malone is there; to progress the story along, but man oh man is he fucking annoying to have along.
Needless constant commentary. Especially with the lesbian scenes I just wish I could disable him completely. An added fault to him is that he has by far the worst voice actor in the game.
This game would be 100% easier for me to finish if he wasn't in it, or if he had at least been left behind after opening doors for Angela. It would be much more enjoyable to get the story from her perspective.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
I've just realized that because Malone wears an outfit that is just black and white, no other colors, he's Two-Tone Malone!

Pervertx

Oct 17, 2017
I wish these characters didn't go 0 to whore so quickly. They do a good job, but I'd like some rougher stuff.

apsentibus

Jun 22, 2019
There's just this certain type of game developers that I don't understand. They've made more than a handful of games over several years, every one of which has been criticized on some very obvious flaws and didn't really sell all that well, and they just keep pumping out new titles to publish, relentlessly and tirelessly. No thorough fixings of bugs and problems, no improvement on the ever-persistent critical flaws, no valid, consequential communication with the community that actually result in making better games.
HFTGames is among them. They do talk to players and ask for feedbacks on steam discussion forum - which is probably the only evidence of them being humans, not robots - but for every game of theirs I find little to no update patches after initial release, despite so much player feedback on how their games could be better. And they just keep on producing their next game, repeating the exact same mistakes they've made.
I don't think I'll ever understand them.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Some good things in this game, but I've had to call it quits after a bit. Seems like I got something like half the scenes.

Angela is fun enough, although I do wish the "curve" to her corruption had been a bit less steep. Would have been more fun if you had to ease her into the world of debauchery more. Felt very on-rails, which sort of loses my interest in most scenes, even if they're generally good quality.

Walking sections really needed a slight bit of extra speed.

I have to say though, I get why Malone is there; to progress the story along, but man oh man is he fucking annoying to have along.
Needless constant commentary. Especially with the lesbian scenes I just wish I could disable him completely. An added fault to him is that he has by far the worst voice actor in the game.
This game would be 100% easier for me to finish if he wasn't in it, or if he had at least been left behind after opening doors for Angela. It would be much more enjoyable to get the story from her perspective.
"I w0nDeR wHat tHeYre uP tO nOw??"

There's just this certain type of game developers that I don't understand. They've made more than a handful of games over several years, every one of which has been criticized on some very obvious flaws and didn't really sell all that well, and they just keep pumping out new titles to publish, relentlessly and tirelessly. No thorough fixings of bugs and problems, no improvement on the ever-persistent critical flaws, no valid, consequential communication with the community that actually result in making better games.
HFTGames is among them. They do talk to players and ask for feedbacks on steam discussion forum - which is probably the only evidence of them being humans, not robots - but for every game of theirs I find little to no update patches after initial release, despite so much player feedback on how their games could be better. And they just keep on producing their next game, repeating the exact same mistakes they've made.
I don't think I'll ever understand them.
And yet, curiously, they usually deliver games that have a pronounced level of polish over much of the stuff you find on this site.

Dont mistake that for a rebuke of your point, it's not wrong. I find them similar to the "Lesson of Passion" games in that regard - they crank out non stop games, many of varying quality with major issues-but instead of community feedback and patching they're onto the next.

Yet somehow, another part of this phenomenom is they feel more professional, flaws and all - versus your typical f95 milfy city or whatever. I dunno what that means, maybe they're better funded from a separate source and can afford to screw up and still have high production value? :unsure:

Arikania

Feb 10, 2023
The game doesn't make clear when stuff is being saved. I did the photoshoot for the portfolio, and then waited 'till the next day. Then I exited the program, which did warn me that I would lose the progress of the current scene. Then, when I started the game again, I had to do the photoshoot all over.

apsentibus

Jun 22, 2019
What are the mistakes? Because their design mantra is 'guilt-free' sex games, and they want their games on steam without making two versions. The guilt-free part definitely excludes rape and loli, you find strong consent in all their games, which I personally think is great. And the steam part means things like incest etc. won't be included either, which I also think is great, there is a need for none-incest games, and the market is already saturated with that stuff.

So if the improvements fall along these lines, that's entirely wrong, because these things they are doing are intentional, and will never change, and should never change. If it's just bug fixes etc. I personally didn't encounter any bugs in any of their games I played. Likewise, I can understand just releasing the next title if the bug isn't game breaking.
Ummm, who said anything about needing rape, loli or incest? You are literally opposing an opinion you picture in your head, which I personally find very confusing. The mistakes I'm talking about are horribly cringy writings and tedious transitions that show zero care about players' time spent.
No patch is remarkably common for big games and companies too, which are multi-million dollar companies. That's why things like "the unofficial player patch" exists for a lot of games. Pretty sure Skyrim was one of those games.
Ummm, so you're saying, it's remarkably common for big, multi-million dollar companies = it's a right thing to do?
? Is that right?
And you provide Skyrim, a game notorious for remaining ridiculously unpolished over the years, shamelessly leeching on fan modders' hard work and milking people's money with all sorts of methods without even trying to fix its own problems as...a positive example supporting your argument that it's completely righteous for game developers to leave bugs in their game unfixed and proceed to produce more products?
Did...did I misunderstand anything of your post?
Sorry. I'm wrong. You're absolutely right. I have no need for any further discussion with you.

apsentibus

Jun 22, 2019
"I w0nDeR wHat tHeYre uP tO nOw??"

And yet, curiously, they usually deliver games that have a pronounced level of polish over much of the stuff you find on this site.

Dont mistake that for a rebuke of your point, it's not wrong. I find them similar to the "Lesson of Passion" games in that regard - they crank out non stop games, many of varying quality with major issues-but instead of community feedback and patching they're onto the next.

Yet somehow, another part of this phenomenom is they feel more professional, flaws and all - versus your typical f95 milfy city or whatever. I dunno what that means, maybe they're better funded from a separate source and can afford to screw up and still have high production value? :unsure:
Their games do have aspects with impressive quality, which is why I bothered to leave a comment in this thread. I wouldn't pay slightest attention to complete trash or mediocre stuff with no shining point. It's just that they have some obvious unbearable flaws that everybody is complaining about and they just never bother to try and fix.

LoP games on the other hand, first of all, consist of multiple teams working on different projects simultaneously, so I can understand why their quality of production fluctuates: they are made by different people. Secondly they do listen to players' feedback, like their more recent productions are not nearly as pointlessly grindy as their older works, they are implementing better save systems and trying using ren'py for suitable projects instead of sticking to unity, etc. They are rather actively communicating with their players on their official blog site and adjusting their game design accordingly. Their games are still somewhat flawed here and there, but I mean, I can see they are trying to fix them.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

derive

May 2, 2018
During Vinnie's scene in the beginning the bars don't move, even if I put intensity high? What do I do or is this a bug?

3.20 star(s) 18 Votes