• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Abandoned Angel's Redemption [v0.16] [G2320]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Soooo, is the game going to be focused only on a specific fetish, or are there going to be regular scenes too?
I'm not opposed to adding regular scenes, I just have two issues holding me back on them.

1. I'm not passionate about regular sexual acts, so trying to emulate them might feel... hollow? artificial? If you catch my drift. Like, If it does not entice me, it's hard for me to judge if the scene is any good.
2. This is the more important one, compare the size of the MC.

20200925044943643.png (this is just a rough render showing sizes, I'm not about to put a guy with a gun in the game...)
I'm open to suggestions as to a reasonable scene. :D

Later, I do plan on shrinking the MC for a large portion of the game, then, there likely will be regular scenes.

P.S. Might as well ask since I'm here. Why is gore/guro a fetish at all? Genuine question. I can see the appeal of soft vore somewhat, but not anything beyond that.
I can't speak for all who enjoys it, I know some prefer to imagine themselves as the aggressors.
Personally, it comes from two fronts.
1. I find being objectified and viewed as nothing more than a sack of meat to be arousing.
2. Sex appeal is often blurred with descriptors of foods. Especially when it comes to describing women. I remember discovery channel long ago did a documentary on the cannibal fetish and presented a reasonable argument, that the fetish stems from combining two things men like the most, women and food.

Beyond that, I can give you no better explanations than guesses.

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
I am strictly only speaking for myself, but I think it may have to do with the whole 'forbidden/taboo = sexy' thing. And, like incest, it has an appeal in the hypothetical and third person. Nobody (well very few people) actually wants to fuck their sister / mother but playing someone who does in a computer game is a different matter.
True, but there's a difference of degree. A taboo can be a culture specific social norm, while murder, even if eroticized, is almost universally despised far beyond almost any taboo.
Plus, it's really hard to draw appeal from a situation like that unless you completely abstract yourself from the moral consideration. But once you do that, it still feels unsatisfactory because how would you relate to the situation then?

I'd probably consider g2320hdb's explanation of objectification to be a very probable option, but that raises another set of questions, such as what's the point in objectifying anyone to the point of being just a physical object to have sex with in whatever form, and it still being appealing in any way.

Whatever, I'll cease the philosophy dive here, it's just really weird that there would be a degree of violence beyond general bdsm that people find sexually appealing.

Reactions: g2320hdb

Vitklim

Feb 22, 2018
I'm not opposed to adding regular scenes, I just have two issues holding me back on them.

1. I'm not passionate about regular sexual acts, so trying to emulate them might feel... hollow? artificial? If you catch my drift. Like, If it does not entice me, it's hard for me to judge if the scene is any good.
2. This is the more important one, compare the size of the MC.
Mmmm, well there are games that manage to pull off even the basic sex scenes pretty damn well, even though I'm generally only invested into vanilla shit if the art is good or it has some bonus fetishes bundled with it (or if the story's good.). First that comes to mind is Peasant's Quest of course.
I'd suggest trying to see if there's anything you would find enticing within the normal stuff. (I mean for me it would be either some proper character building to be invested in aside from the sex or some monster spicing on top of normal sex)

As for the size thing, yeah, some form of shrinking will probably need to be in order. If the size difference was a tad less, I'd suggest the Peasant's Quest route and throw in a massive dick potion, but we're somewhat beyond that point.

• Haha

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
After you finallly repeatedly retried at the beginning so you get a 'decent' set up. You just gonna end up stuck again cuz you just gonna get 62 critted all voer the place. This game is unplayable, what did you smoke before starting at this game?

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
After you finallly repeatedly retried at the beginning so you get a 'decent' set up. You just gonna end up stuck again cuz you just gonna get 62 critted all voer the place. This game is unplayable, what did you smoke before starting at this game?
I am reworking the way the archers work, so when they are about to do major damage, it'll be in a more predictable way.

I've tested the game to be doable (at least the goblins part in both maps) regardless of the choices you make in the intro, but I'll concede in that it is hard. While I want to keep the game and by extension the combat hard, I do agree that it is a bit too random atm. Will be addressing it.

Thank you for trying.

NickSav

May 20, 2020
So I finished up the goblin side quest and snake in the tunnel (after many attempts) is there anything else I can do? Looking around the map, there isn’t any other places I can go.

• Wow

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
So I finished up the goblin side quest and snake in the tunnel (after many attempts) is there anything else I can do? Looking around the map, there isn’t any other places I can go.
You killed the Snake???? Whaaaat?? Holy crap you must be the first, even before me!

Besides that and a few bear groups, no. I've just started this project a week ago, and am putting more stuff in there.
Can I get some feedback on what you think of the combat experience and the overall death scenes? Those are what I focused the most in the initial release here.

Many thanks!

NickSav

May 20, 2020
You killed the Snake???? Whaaaat?? Holy crap you must be the first, even before me!

Besides that and a few bear groups, no. I've just started this project a week ago, and am putting more stuff in there.
Can I get some feedback on what you think of the combat experience and the overall death scenes? Those are what I focused the most in the initial release here.

Many thanks!
Combat is really really really hard. Borderline frustrating honestly. There’s no way to grind easily and being swarmed by 6-8 enemies at a time puts you at a major disadvantage. The snake needed a ton of grinding (probably far too much but alas, here we are) I would either make a spot that players can farm with ease, or reduce the numbers in battle down to 2-3 enemies at a time.

the death scenes were fine. It’s not my thing honestly (I’m just here for the giantess angel) but it kept showing a blank text box, which was kind of annoying. If you want to show a clip of pictures, just use the Wait command, and make it like 240 frames or something (4seconds), just comes across a bit cleaner personally.

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Combat is really really really hard. Borderline frustrating honestly. There’s no way to grind easily and being swarmed by 6-8 enemies at a time puts you at a major disadvantage. The snake needed a ton of grinding (probably far too much but alas, here we are) I would either make a spot that players can farm with ease, or reduce the numbers in battle down to 2-3 enemies at a time.

the death scenes were fine. It’s not my thing honestly (I’m just here for the giantess angel) but it kept showing a blank text box, which was kind of annoying. If you want to show a clip of pictures, just use the Wait command, and make it like 240 frames or something (4seconds), just comes across a bit cleaner personally.
I want to add smaller groups and events around in between, hopefully that will help. The snake was meant to be tackled after a lot more content was added in.

I'll look into a way to get the pictures working right. I want an ability to skip the pictures individually, and I definitely want to remove the text box. Hopefully I can get it done asap.

Thanks again for trying and for the feedback!

Ompus

Sep 19, 2017
After playing for a while, I agree that the combat is a little bit too frustrating. Normal attacks might as well not exist since you cannot waste a round on your attack missing so true strike is really your only option. Worse are the random crits you get (randomness is nice and all but not if it is this punishing). Also when there are so many enemies, the individual rounds take too long with every enemy attacking you, would be great if that can be made a little bit faster but I'd say this is not a huge issue for me.

The death scenes are pretty good, though at times it's kind of hard to see what is happening (for me at least) when the picture is shown from the perspective of the angel.

Overall I think it's still a good start. The gameplay needs some adjustments but the scenes made it worthwhile for me.

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
After playing for a while, I agree that the combat is a little bit too frustrating. Normal attacks might as well not exist since you cannot waste a round on your attack missing so true strike is really your only option. Worse are the random crits you get (randomness is nice and all but not if it is this punishing). Also when there are so many enemies, the individual rounds take too long with every enemy attacking you, would be great if that can be made a little bit faster but I'd say this is not a huge issue for me.

The death scenes are pretty good, though at times it's kind of hard to see what is happening (for me at least) when the picture is shown from the perspective of the angel.

Overall I think it's still a good start. The gameplay needs some adjustments but the scenes made it worthwhile for me.
Noted, I'll try to make the combat faster, give more incentive to use normal attacks, maybe give true strike and other skills a cooldown, reduce the variation crits can have.

The perspective thing, if you are killed(not just defeated, but killed), you'll see from the 3rd person perspective.

Allen Sanch

Jun 29, 2018
The fact the developer is replying to practically everyone is absolutely awesome! Hell yeahh. Excited to try this one out since I'm in to more hardcore stuff, but props to you friend for actually responding to the people or overlords who've played this.

• Red Heart

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Oh and potentially a dash on the overworld. Gotta go fast.
I am implementing a compromise. Pressing shift will let you fly over trees and such very quickly, at the expense of energy. Run out before landing, and I'll need add a punishment of sorts.

The fact the developer is replying to practically everyone is absolutely awesome! Hell yeahh. Excited to try this one out since I'm in to more hardcore stuff, but props to you friend for actually responding to the people or overlords who've played this.
I hope you aren't disappointed. It is quite early however so tame your expectations :D

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Battles seem a bit rigged but then this is a RPGM game and most battles are usually rigged. Bears are a fucking joke once they do the attack and put the FC asleep you might as well kill the game and reload as you'll stay asleep till they win. FC can't hit the broadside of a barn a lot of times. FC gets a reduced def icon even when a enemy misses or the attack deals 0 which doesn't make any sense at all. Leaving the first area that leads to the goblin den either by going to where the guard is or leaving the goblin den area will result in you getting jumped by a group of goblins that come from the first area you first came from.

Walking fucking speed is super fucking annoying and makes a person not want to keep playing it's great for falling asleep though as there doesn't seem to be a way to increase it.

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Combat is very unforgiving.
I'll adjust the difficulty

Battles seem a bit rigged but then this is a RPGM game and most battles are usually rigged. Bears are a fucking joke once they do the attack and put the FC asleep you might as well kill the game and reload as you'll stay asleep till they win. FC can't hit the broadside of a barn a lot of times. FC gets a reduced def icon even when a enemy misses or the attack deals 0 which doesn't make any sense at all. Leaving the first area that leads to the goblin den either by going to where the guard is or leaving the goblin den area will result in you getting jumped by a group of goblins that come from the first area you first came from.

Walking fucking speed is super fucking annoying and makes a person not want to keep playing it's great for falling asleep though as there doesn't seem to be a way to increase it.
I am changing the way bear maul ability works. It'll be a two part ability giving you time to prepare for it. The spawn mechanics of the first goblin zone does need tweaking. I'll work on that as well.

You'll be able to fly in the next patch, allowing you to move faster for short periods of time at the cost of energy and adrenaline. The former will now recover over time. I didn't think given the small maps that you can traverse through in under 30 seconds would cause such an uproar, but hopefully the flying ability helps.

With regards to accuracy, it is mainly the archers that are deliberately made to be able to dodge easier. I did this in order to give the many attack skills a new avenue to shine. I'll try to think of other ways to improve the feeling when you miss.

Finally, the choice of lowering defense per hit was a conscious one. I wanted to make the smaller mobs be and remain a threat even as you progress your game and have armor that would otherwise make you immune to their attacks.

Krh

Jul 19, 2018
Normally I'd shrug and quietly move on, conceding that this particular game is not for me. However, the developer's approachable attitude makes me at least want to post something, having tried the game.

There's definitely some appeal here, and the potential for future versions to be enjoyable. Fantasy setting, turn-based combat, female protagonist (possibly getting abused by vicious creatures smaller than herself) are all building blocks of games I've liked. The murderous munchfest is... really not my thing. Neither is the frustrating difficulty level. Since other posters have already gone into detail on this and changes are planned, I'll just leave it at that for now.

Shrinking the character for some portion of the game for "normal scenes" seems like a questionable decision. If that's a thing you want to do or a thing that needs to happen for plot reasons, sure, but just for sexytimes? Eh. Not everything sexy has to be of the "human penis enters vagina" variety. Surely there are creatures and monsters in the world as big or bigger than her. Dragons, wyverns, trolls, minotaurs, ogres, giants and so on. Also tentacle monsters! And what's to say smaller creatures wouldn't enjoy taking advantage of her in some way? Maybe angel pussy (or ass) squeezes so tight even a goblin blows his load in mere seconds. Humans are perverted and cruelly inventive. Some might want to watch a beautiful woman finger herself or simply show off her body, even if she is giantess-sized.

The smut potential is plentiful. The issue I see is that if angels getting killed and eaten by various critters is the only thing that hits the dev's own buttons, is it reasonable to expect or request content that doesn't line up with the voracious variety? I wouldn't want to be the bitch who goes to a seafood restaurant and complains that steak is not on the menu.

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote