RPGM Abandoned Angel's Redemption [v0.16] [G2320]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

zomulgustar

Mar 28, 2020
I think adding a bit of 'player is pred' to the game would make it appealing to a much larger spectrum of players looking for a vore game. I kind of like that this is different from other rpg style games. Combat could certainly use some polish, but others have mentioned that already. The blacksmith was hillarious

Reactions: g2320hdb

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
I think adding a bit of 'player is pred' to the game would make it appealing to a much larger spectrum of players looking for a vore game. I kind of like that this is different from other rpg style games. Combat could certainly use some polish, but others have mentioned that already. The blacksmith was hillarious
I have been planning to give the player more options to go down a darker path and potentially face consequences of that. That can be the basis of the player eating their enemies, though, still not the soft vore variety.

Regarding the combat, I'd really appreciate additional or reiteration of what you believe could use some more polish, as I tried to implement as much of the changes as I could from the feedback already in this version, and would appreciate further feedback :)

zomulgustar

Mar 28, 2020
Chowing down on defeated goblin or bear might be an option to restore some energy or something. I was thinking more along the lines of story/choice driven vore scenes. Since every one is basically after a combat failure right now. I try to collect every scene I can, and saved\reloaded multiple times when talking to the two peasants. Hoping for a scene of some kind. Scare and kill basically just ended the conversation. If player was going an evil route and wanted to kill them anyway, seems an ideal spot for a vore scene. Or maybe that blacksmith could come back with his apprentice for 'additional measurements'. Such a thing could lead to some type of vore or unbirth too. Not a lot of non-combat stuff in the game yet, just thinking of ways to get content that wouldn't involve purposefully losing battles.

about polishing combat. Crits are insane. They deal way more than double damage. Not sure how this is calculated, but if you're doubling attack power, you might want to double the defense as well. that way its like two hits in one rather than half your life. The strength in numbers thing is kind of interesting. It does make it so attacking defensively or using an ability that keeps you in the air are the best options. This isn't a bad thing, though the defense down might be overdone just a bit. Those goblins must have great morale. You can slaughter groups of them and still have reinforcements show up. Maybe have summoning allies be a special for goblin chiefs? Also seems odd that you can't run away. Maybe that could be an option, but disabled when some goblin has used that tackle ability. The main character also fights like an agi based character. hit and run. seems like an odd combat style for something that's so much bigger than anything else and constantly getting swarmed. A couple brute force skills like biting a goblin to restore some energy, or throwing one around like a ragdoll and smacking him into others could be a fun idea. Missing so often also really sucks.

• Red Heart

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
Chowing down on defeated goblin or bear might be an option to restore some energy or something. I was thinking more along the lines of story/choice driven vore scenes. Since every one is basically after a combat failure right now. I try to collect every scene I can, and saved\reloaded multiple times when talking to the two peasants. Hoping for a scene of some kind. Scare and kill basically just ended the conversation. If player was going an evil route and wanted to kill them anyway, seems an ideal spot for a vore scene. Or maybe that blacksmith could come back with his apprentice for 'additional measurements'. Such a thing could lead to some type of vore or unbirth too. Not a lot of non-combat stuff in the game yet, just thinking of ways to get content that wouldn't involve purposefully losing battles.
I did want to put a scene where you kill choose to kill the peasants, I think I'll add that in. One thing to note, the peasant girl questline progress is on a timed delay, but yes. The kill option just leads to the immediate termination of the quest. Scare doesn't impact the default outcome.

And yeah, I concur that there should be more non-combat stuff so I'll try to add some more in. The only other scene is the dragon interaction. It's been rather difficult to come up with this kind of scenes as it's not the kind of stuff I think about, but I'll keep trying.

about polishing combat. Crits are insane. They deal way more than double damage. Not sure how this is calculated, but if you're doubling attack power, you might want to double the defense as well. that way its like two hits in one rather than half your life. The strength in numbers thing is kind of interesting. It does make it so attacking defensively or using an ability that keeps you in the air are the best options. This isn't a bad thing, though the defense down might be overdone just a bit. Those goblins must have great morale. You can slaughter groups of them and still have reinforcements show up. Maybe have summoning allies be a special for goblin chiefs? Also seems odd that you can't run away. Maybe that could be an option, but disabled when some goblin has used that tackle ability. The main character also fights like an agi based character. hit and run. seems like an odd combat style for something that's so much bigger than anything else and constantly getting swarmed. A couple brute force skills like biting a goblin to restore some energy, or throwing one around like a ragdoll and smacking him into others could be a fun idea. Missing so often also really sucks.
Damage is calculated like this: Damage * defense multiplier - 1/10 of defense total. Defense multiplier is logarithmic, but it works out to be around 50 = 50%, 100 = 25%, etc. When goblins stack a ton of defense debuffs on you, that can increase the damage you take quite substantially. I might have spotted a mistake when it comes to the aimed shot skills where they don't quite take into consideration your armor to the full extent.

Interesting that crit is still such an issue, I'll try to change it some more, and maybe add something else to supplement it.
I'll look into reducing the impact of debuffs a bit.

I thought about giving the goblin chiefs the sole ability to summon allies, however, since you can basically kill any goblin at will, in any turn, I concluded it would be too unreliable to pose a challenge.

Fleeing the fight is definitely something I intend to address in the near future. The idea that the grapple skill can disable the flight is also a good one, though I'm not sure how I can implement it yet.

I actually did have a skill where you could grab a goblin and throw it at another. Unfortunately, it was... buggy to say the least and havent found a viable fix yet, so its disabled. I can definitely try to add more physical skills that uses your size, however the character returning animation unfortunately cannot be changed. believe me, I tried :(

Do you still miss quite often vs melee enemies? I thought I reduced their evasion rate quite substantially.

NickSav

May 20, 2020
I do like some of the changes (the graphic for the arrow in the eye is nifty)
The goblins still seem to have crazy evasion at times (I missed possibly 3 attacks in a row)
Although as said above, adding vore might be kind of interesting, or even just proper stomping. however, from what I can tell, you aren't really a giantess (more mini-giantess if anything) so possibly you can add a darker path that involves vore and grows you in power and in size, leading to a more "conquer" style of gameplay.
In the end its up to you, just putting my two cents in of what I'd like to see.

The changes do make the game alot more friendly this time though. The battles don't seem insanely difficult this time.

Nice job!

• Red Heart

Qorl4016

Mar 13, 2019
I love this game, and I'd like to push back against all the ideas that you should add different fetishes like vore if that wasn't your original vision for the game. I've followed your art for a while, and you've got a very clear theme, which I love. Make the game you want to make and let the people who like that enjoy it, I promise you there are some.

RNG does seem like it's still making combat a little difficult: missing an attack or getting crit/hit in the eye is pretty much a game over at early levels. Not a huge deal when the game over scenes are the best part, but I went to go and find the orcs this patch, and after concluding they aren't accessible without adventuring a bit, I was struggling to win even the 4-goblin fights in the second screen. Leveling up might be able to fix that, but your early HP is so low and you're so significantly outnumbered that one 30-point hit can easily end a fight on its own. Missing attacks feels incredibly punishing as well, since it usually means the enemies get another 40+ hp off of you even without crits. You basically need to be killing an enemy every single turn to have a chance of things going well.

It would be nice to have an "auto-lose" option where you just surrender and the game over scene starts playing: Feign Death might be that option, but it only works on low HP, so you have to sit through quite a bit of combat, and there's a chance you get crit from "not low health" to "dead" inside of a round. This is particularly important when there seems to be a "naked" variant of many game over scenes that requires you to Feign Death first and let them strip you before resuming combat.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
I do like some of the changes (the graphic for the arrow in the eye is nifty)
The goblins still seem to have crazy evasion at times (I missed possibly 3 attacks in a row)
Although as said above, adding vore might be kind of interesting, or even just proper stomping. however, from what I can tell, you aren't really a giantess (more mini-giantess if anything) so possibly you can add a darker path that involves vore and grows you in power and in size, leading to a more "conquer" style of gameplay.
In the end its up to you, just putting my two cents in of what I'd like to see.

The changes do make the game alot more friendly this time though. The battles don't seem insanely difficult this time.

Nice job!
Interesting, I'll give some compensation for missed attacks. Currently only the archers, guard captain and goblin chief have high evasion rate. Maybe I'll tie the hitrate to your agility and luck as well.

The issue with making the player grow this early is that I'd have to double or tripple every scene I make. I'm already at 1 GB when it comes to file size, I don't think I should double it without doubling the scenes. The planned shrinking idea was to be a consolidation of paths, rather than one that branches even further.

After reading what a mini-giantess is, you are right, this isn't a full giantess. Sorry if you were misled :(

Turns out it's not compatible with old saves (not really a surprise in this stage of development).
Thank you

I love this game, and I'd like to push back against all the ideas that you should add different fetishes like vore if that wasn't your original vision for the game. I've followed your art for a while, and you've got a very clear theme, which I love. Make the game you want to make and let the people who like that enjoy it, I promise you there are some.

RNG does seem like it's still making combat a little difficult: missing an attack or getting crit/hit in the eye is pretty much a game over at early levels. Not a huge deal when the game over scenes are the best part, but I went to go and find the orcs this patch, and after concluding they aren't accessible without adventuring a bit, I was struggling to win even the 4-goblin fights in the second screen. Leveling up might be able to fix that, but your early HP is so low and you're so significantly outnumbered that one 30-point hit can easily end a fight on its own. Missing attacks feels incredibly punishing as well, since it usually means the enemies get another 40+ hp off of you even without crits. You basically need to be killing an enemy every single turn to have a chance of things going well.

It would be nice to have an "auto-lose" option where you just surrender and the game over scene starts playing: Feign Death might be that option, but it only works on low HP, so you have to sit through quite a bit of combat, and there's a chance you get crit from "not low health" to "dead" inside of a round. This is particularly important when there seems to be a "naked" variant of many game over scenes that requires you to Feign Death first and let them strip you before resuming combat.
I don't plan on drastically changing the overall theme of the game, but I don't mind putting a few other fetish scenes into it, as long as it fits my vision anyways.

You might be surprised to find out that your HP doesn't really scale much per level. 9 HP each level in fact. I do this because I want the enemies to be a persistent threat to you. You are to fight them off with the proper use of an ever growing set of combat skills.

But, I'll drop a hint. Where the Dragon is, is a spell that boosts your HP temporarily, and the statue in the goblin den has a healing spell.
Also don't forget to forage for fruits and such, and use items where you see appropriate.

Jan 10, 2018
So, I have some thoughts on the combat...

Currently, the defense debuff from attacks seems a bit superfluous to me - in the sense that you're basically going to be at a minimum throughout most of the fight (with exceptions like bears and giant snakes) regardless of what you do, until there's only a couple of enemies left, at which point you've essentially won the battle already unless you're extremely unlucky. Using "Defensive Attack" is really the only ability that raises your defense that I'd consider when facing a mob, since it's still chipping away at them while offering you temporary protection. This is especially true because of the sheer number of enemies that have multiple attacks - with the larger orc fights, for instance, all the archers with their double attacks mean you're looking upwards of eleven attacks per round.

That said, I believe I understand the intent behind the mechanic; to recreate the feeling of a giantess overwhelmed by a mob of tiny nobodies, who win through sheer persistence and numbers. That individually, they're nothing, but there are a lot of them. To improve the mechanic, here's what I'd suggest instead: give a floor to enemy attack skills. Just add five guaranteed damage or so to each hit (less for multi-hit skills), so you still feel your hp being chipped away over time.

Alternately, change how the player's dedicated defensive skills work; rather than just improve your defense, they also protect you from debuffs for five rounds or so. Missing out on an attack would still hurt, but it would be worth considering.

Second, the critical rate being so high is rather unfun; the amount of damage they do is fine, but it still feels like the sheer number of attacks flying around more or less guarantees that you're going to be taking a crit or two each round - the only question is who's going to land it, and whether it will be a headache or a catastrophe.

That said, I believe I understand the intent behind the mechanic; you're big, you're not invincible, and if enough bothersome insects keep trying to sting you, eventually they're going to hit something soft. To preserve this feeling of the little guy getting lucky without making the player ragequit, here's what I'd suggest: double the player's starting hp. Since healing is reasonably limited, this won't hurt the balance of the game much - it just means that the player has a bit more buffer to work with, and deciding whether to heal mid-fight while risking another crit, or to instead push for the end of the battle becomes more of a strategic choice.

And while this isn't strictly combat, I'd also like to suggest including a dash option. The flying is fun and interesting, but there's a reason the industry moved away from including costs for faster movement in most genres - when the player just wants to get to the next point of interest on a map a bit more quickly, they don't want to wait for energy to recharge or burn items to recover. The player moves pretty slowly if they're not in the air, but it's no fun to show up to the next fight with only half your energy.

With regards to the rest of the game... I think you should include more descriptive text, honestly. It seems like you're focusing mainly on dialogue and pictures, but a bit of writing would go a long way to establishing the mood of various encounters.

The goblin at the start, for instance; including a description of how he seemed friendly and helpful to a naive, newly earthbound angel would help explain why the heck anyone would ever go with him - and talking about how he became increasingly shifty and nervous as you approached the forest would help ram home how yes, you were a complete idiot for falling for such an obvious trap.

It would also help explain some of the odder decisions you can make, like choosing to kill the guard or the couple you encounter, which... Well, I can see how that can be fetish fuel for a giantess game, but I can't really explain it in-context. I mean, they're just... There. Sure, I can squish them, but why? They're not doing anything to me! Explaining a couple of lines about what was going on in her head that leads to this option would go a long way - especially if it's tied to a variable so a more squish-happy angel gets more text in the future encouraging her to squish more humans. Who presumably object to being killed at random, and start to question whether they should put a bounty on her as well.

Ah, and lastly... I think you might want to consider using lower-resolution pictures for the game, if you're not going to increase the window size. With how small they are in-game, you're not going to see much of a quality reduction, and with nearly 600 pictures, saving even a small amount of space per-picture will lead to significant reductions in the game's file size. It's not a big deal now, but it will make things much more manageable as the game grows.

• Red Heart

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
So, I have some thoughts on the combat...

Currently, the defense debuff from attacks seems a bit superfluous to me - in the sense that you're basically going to be at a minimum throughout most of the fight (with exceptions like bears and giant snakes) regardless of what you do, until there's only a couple of enemies left, at which point you've essentially won the battle already unless you're extremely unlucky. Using "Defensive Attack" is really the only ability that raises your defense that I'd consider when facing a mob, since it's still chipping away at them while offering you temporary protection. This is especially true because of the sheer number of enemies that have multiple attacks - with the larger orc fights, for instance, all the archers with their double attacks mean you're looking upwards of eleven attacks per round.

That said, I believe I understand the intent behind the mechanic; to recreate the feeling of a giantess overwhelmed by a mob of tiny nobodies, who win through sheer persistence and numbers. That individually, they're nothing, but there are a lot of them. To improve the mechanic, here's what I'd suggest instead: give a floor to enemy attack skills. Just add five guaranteed damage or so to each hit (less for multi-hit skills), so you still feel your hp being chipped away over time.

Alternately, change how the player's dedicated defensive skills work; rather than just improve your defense, they also protect you from debuffs for five rounds or so. Missing out on an attack would still hurt, but it would be worth considering.

Second, the critical rate being so high is rather unfun; the amount of damage they do is fine, but it still feels like the sheer number of attacks flying around more or less guarantees that you're going to be taking a crit or two each round - the only question is who's going to land it, and whether it will be a headache or a catastrophe.

That said, I believe I understand the intent behind the mechanic; you're big, you're not invincible, and if enough bothersome insects keep trying to sting you, eventually they're going to hit something soft. To preserve this feeling of the little guy getting lucky without making the player ragequit, here's what I'd suggest: double the player's starting hp. Since healing is reasonably limited, this won't hurt the balance of the game much - it just means that the player has a bit more buffer to work with, and deciding whether to heal mid-fight while risking another crit, or to instead push for the end of the battle becomes more of a strategic choice.

And while this isn't strictly combat, I'd also like to suggest including a dash option. The flying is fun and interesting, but there's a reason the industry moved away from including costs for faster movement in most genres - when the player just wants to get to the next point of interest on a map a bit more quickly, they don't want to wait for energy to recharge or burn items to recover. The player moves pretty slowly if they're not in the air, but it's no fun to show up to the next fight with only half your energy.

With regards to the rest of the game... I think you should include more descriptive text, honestly. It seems like you're focusing mainly on dialogue and pictures, but a bit of writing would go a long way to establishing the mood of various encounters.

The goblin at the start, for instance; including a description of how he seemed friendly and helpful to a naive, newly earthbound angel would help explain why the heck anyone would ever go with him - and talking about how he became increasingly shifty and nervous as you approached the forest would help ram home how yes, you were a complete idiot for falling for such an obvious trap.

It would also help explain some of the odder decisions you can make, like choosing to kill the guard or the couple you encounter, which... Well, I can see how that can be fetish fuel for a giantess game, but I can't really explain it in-context. I mean, they're just... There. Sure, I can squish them, but why? They're not doing anything to me! Explaining a couple of lines about what was going on in her head that leads to this option would go a long way - especially if it's tied to a variable so a more squish-happy angel gets more text in the future encouraging her to squish more humans. Who presumably object to being killed at random, and start to question whether they should put a bounty on her as well.

Ah, and lastly... I think you might want to consider using lower-resolution pictures for the game, if you're not going to increase the window size. With how small they are in-game, you're not going to see much of a quality reduction, and with nearly 600 pictures, saving even a small amount of space per-picture will lead to significant reductions in the game's file size. It's not a big deal now, but it will make things much more manageable as the game grows.
Ooh, great ideas there. I think increasing your health might be warranted, and will probably do that. As is the minimum damage.
Defensive strike is a bit of a weird one for me atm. I want it to be useful, but right now, it feels a bit too strong. And on the other hand, I want a viable counter to the mobs, so I'll try to think of something.

Regarding speed, there's definitely merit to having a faster movement option, but I feel like the gap between walk and run in the engine is too much. Further, it would make the patrolling enemies necessitate a speed boost too, and it just looks crazy. I do plan on a fast travel system, so hopefully that will alleviate the issue.

The dialogue definitely needs work, I'm not great at writing dialogue unfortunately, but I'll keep working on it. Your suggested additions sound great, and I'll probably try to add them in.

I do plan on adding consequences to you murdering innocents, though I don't quite want to spoil how it will happen.

The resolution of pictures is actually at the game resolution. 1440x810. Since RPG Maker doesn't use JPG, I really only got 2 choices. Either I reduce the picture resolution below the game resolution and upscale it, or I reduce the quality of the pictures with lossy compression(which I tried, but they produce some pretty ugly bands of color)

Not sure which I'd be happy with tbh.

Jan 10, 2018
Regarding speed, there's definitely merit to having a faster movement option, but I feel like the gap between walk and run in the engine is too much. Further, it would make the patrolling enemies necessitate a speed boost too, and it just looks crazy. I do plan on a fast travel system, so hopefully that will alleviate the issue.
There's some free plug-ins that let you change dash speed in MV - I recall "Speed Manager" being one I've seen recommended before, though I might be thinking of a different one.

I don't think fast travel would really address the issue, though; it's not going between established locations that's the issue so much as "I want to go to that cave at the edge of my vision, but walking there is slow".

The dialogue definitely needs work, I'm not great at writing dialogue unfortunately, but I'll keep working on it. Your suggested additions sound great, and I'll probably try to add them in.
Just as a writing tip, then - remember that in a game, we're missing out on a lot of what we'd notice in "real" conversation. We don't see how a person's expression changes from sentence to sentence, the various nonverbal cues people give to express interest or concern, and lack the familiarity with the setting or people to notice when someone's responding unusually. It's not just what the characters say, but how they're saying it; without that surrounding information, a scene will always read a bit oddly.

You don't need to give a full description of every character's delivery and reaction, but a paragraph when the character is introduced will go a long way to establishing the mood.

The resolution of pictures is actually at the game resolution. 1440x810. Since RPG Maker doesn't use JPG, I really only got 2 choices. Either I reduce the picture resolution below the game resolution and upscale it, or I reduce the quality of the pictures with lossy compression(which I tried, but they produce some pretty ugly bands of color)

Not sure which I'd be happy with tbh.
Oh, it already is? My apologies, then; I guess I'm just too used to other authors not following your lead :) .

You might also consider switching to MZ, so that you can make use of a full screen without those big black borders on the window; it has a converter feature so that you can directly import your MV projects without needing to redo a bunch of work. The only thing that won't carry over is your plug-ins.

• Red Heart

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
There's some free plug-ins that let you change dash speed in MV - I recall "Speed Manager" being one I've seen recommended before, though I might be thinking of a different one.
I'll look into the speed manager plugin and try to improve the writing.

I don't really want to switch to MZ yet as I just spent so much time learning the plugins for MV (not to mention paying a buncha money for MV and the plugins).

Maybe the next game, I'll switch to MZ.

NickSav

May 20, 2020
I’d wait to get MZ on sale before switching.
also I heard a number of plugins will be ported over in time, so not all will be lost.(A lot of the usefulplugins now actually come built into MZ)

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
1) I really feel like your game would benefit from an alternate death system...
I have thought of this, however in my galleries, the angels have all died permanently. I'll try to keep this in mind of I can think of potential situations where this may apply.

2) A corruption system could also really open up the game design for you.
I do have corruption system planned, though not currently tied to nudity. I'll keep this in mind.

can also lead down different paths that don't just end in a gallery
I have a few situations like this planned, but being the nature of a game (limited resources) and nature of the enemies, this wouldn't be common.

if you want to talk about code / structure type things to try any of those ideas out, lemme know!
Code part isn't the part I am struggling with tbh, right now it's trying to make varied scenes, and the amount of work into each scene. I'm currently taking a week off to catch up on my other things I want to do, but I'll get back into it later.

vulpy

Mar 27, 2020
i've beem wondering why you haven't upload from the v0.12 on your pixiv, but then i stumbled upon this page and realise it was you, been waiting for the new upload for the latest version, glad you finally move into here and also glad to found this again! ;)

also i want to adress the problem i've had on the v0.12 is when you change the resolution to make it bigger, it makes the game become laggy, i don't know if it's just my old laptop that was struggling or something else.
anyway gonna download and try this version now and see if there is anymore problem from my end.

Ytiza

Apr 26, 2018
i like your game but there really is still a lot to do.
The combat system is actually okay for me, only the critical multipliers are ridiculously high.
As for the gore contend, that doesn't bother me.
i really like snuff game overs and bad endings.
The biggest negative for me right now is that there is simply nothing to do.
or I just missed something because apart from the goblin camp, I didn't really find anything ... so as far as quests are concerned.

g2320hdb

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2019
i like your game but there really is still a lot to do.
The combat system is actually okay for me, only the critical multipliers are ridiculously high.
As for the gore contend, that doesn't bother me.
i really like snuff game overs and bad endings.
The biggest negative for me right now is that there is simply nothing to do.
or I just missed something because apart from the goblin camp, I didn't really find anything ... so as far as quests are concerned.
For marked quests, there's not much. There's an unmarked quest with regards to the couple of peasants in the big map, and you do get a quest update after defeating the orcs.

I'll be adding a lot more of course in the future.

Ytiza

Apr 26, 2018
yes you have just started the game so everything is fine.
Just fix the archers !! XD
And how about a gallery for the game overs?
Oh and i also got the black screen and the fix is not working i downloaded youre file and replaced the folder but is still get the black screen

Last edited:

ThulsaD00m

Oct 15, 2020
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/10/883174_2020-10-20_12_50_06-Angels_Redemption.png
Some file is missing from the game, showing when you apply poison to your sword.

I agree with the sometimes crazy crits. For some reason, in the fight from the orc group guarding the treasure chest near the building entrance ( at the gate too small to enter), as soon as the archer team reinforcements arrive, the game starts lagging increadibly, and not due to poor game rig specs.

I cant find a new map or content... was or wasnt there a zone with a dragon ? Did I mis something ?
Quest "Investigate the Whistling Woods" is incomplete, is this the map with the mentioned treasure chest above ?

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote