Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
Supported him almost a year ago and saw that coming as its reflected in my review/posts. Alerted people for those exact same concerns. Bottom line is pirates don't care. Most people here are not supporting him. They're here to see good models, fap and put the game in the trash.

He's stagnated his game to the point where it will die out like every 3D game before this one that went down the exact same path he did. He's new so he starts making money. Then starts slowing down but "I'm being praised in a forum so that means I'm untouchable" but those aren't your customers and then couple years later, reality hits and slowly but surely, it's starting to hit.

He could have hired motivated people to code the game, draw maps, make sprites, address all the small issues that he's clearly not motivated to do nowadays but I suspect that at this point it's too little too late.

Pirates and fanboys making weak excuses for his many shortcomings both in size and quality are the reason why he doesn't address those issues instead of motivating him to do better. Once he realizes those guys don't pay his bills and how Patreon tendencies work it'll be too late to save it.

He had his spike growth which is regular, he had his stagnation which is regular, he had his December spike which is regular, and he's now hitting the falling period where he had no growth in the last 4 months which is usually followed up by short fall, big fall, loss of motivation and dead of the game. It's a shame because the renders are good.
People should vote with their money, if they're unhappy, but they won't, because imo:-
1. Some of them are too invested in the dev to criticise him, over anything at all.
2. They enjoy coming up on here, all self-righteous, telling us how they 'support the dev'.

Anybody who pays real cash is supporting the dev, so I'm not sure what that stance is all about.
But imo, the ones who keep on paying regardless of what this guy does, just give him a green-light to carry on doing what he's doing.
i.e reducing the amount of content per month/update and just coming out with one excuse after another.
He's not bothered, because he knows these guys will just carry on giving him more cash.

What's his top tier now? Twenty-five greenbacks?
Sorry, but there's no way in hell I'm paying this guy seventy-five bucks for one update.
If other people want to, no problem.
Knock yourselves out. Lol.;)

Reactions: Caetano

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
People should vote with their money, if they're unhappy, but they won't, because imo:-
1. Some of them are too invested in the dev to criticise him, over anything at all.
2. They enjoy coming up on here, all self-righteous, telling us how they 'support the dev'.

Anybody who pays real cash is supporting the dev, so I'm not sure what that stance is all about.
But imo, the ones who keep on paying regardless of what this guy does, just give him a green-light to carry on doing what he's doing.
i.e reducing the amount of content per month/update and just coming out with one excuse after another.
He's not bothered, because he knows these guys will just carry on giving him more cash.

What's his top tier now? Twenty-five greenbacks?
Sorry, but there's no way in hell I'm paying this guy seventy-five bucks for one update.
If other people want to, no problem.
Knock yourselves out. Lol.;)
You're mostly correct on everything except two things. The tendency shows he's stagnating and making less money and second, since he charges per month and not per update you're technically paying 75$ per update since he releases at least every 3 months.

Reactions: LaPein and Caetano

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
You're mostly correct on everything except two things. The tendency shows he's stagnating and making less money and second, since he charges per month and not per update you're technically paying 75$ per update since he releases at least every 3 months.
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but that was one of the points I was trying to make.
That it's taking him 3 months, or thereabouts, to get an update out.
If I was paying at the top-tier level, obviously, that would be $75.
Crazy money, imo, for what you're getting.

penmaster

Nov 16, 2018
Supported him almost a year ago and saw that coming as its reflected in my review/posts. Alerted people for those exact same concerns. Bottom line is pirates don't care. Most people here are not supporting him. They're here to see good models, fap and put the game in the trash.

He's stagnated his game to the point where it will die out like every 3D game before this one that went down the exact same path he did. He's new so he starts making money. Then starts slowing down but "I'm being praised in a forum so that means I'm untouchable" but those aren't your customers and then couple years later, reality hits and slowly but surely, it's starting to hit.

He could have hired motivated people to code the game, draw maps, make sprites, address all the small issues that he's clearly not motivated to do nowadays but I suspect that at this point it's too little too late.

Pirates and fanboys making weak excuses for his many shortcomings both in size and quality are the reason why he doesn't address those issues instead of motivating him to do better. Once he realizes those guys don't pay his bills and how Patreon tendencies work it'll be too late to save it.

He had his spike growth which is regular, he had his stagnation which is regular, he had his December spike which is regular, and he's now hitting the falling period where he had no growth in the last 4 months which is usually followed up by short fall, big fall, loss of motivation and dead of the game. It's a shame because the renders are good.
The pirates are coming. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Ayame#1Fan

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
What the fuck with 75$? you can play updates for 15 which would be after three months 45$. which is a big difference. And btw: you also can not support him constantly and when his updates come you can pay one time „only“ 15 bucks. i personally couldn’t even support him with 15$ constantly each month even if I want to.

and stagnation can hit every dev. Deep works alone and constantly tries to update his art with latest programs and stuff. Not everyone does that. + his updates are normally bigger than the updates of other devs where you waited the exact same amount of time or even longer.

and yes for god sake the story isn’t as deep as some other he already stated that he is aware of that. jesus fucking christ.

Last edited:

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
What the fuck with 75$? you can play updates for 15 which would be after three months 45$. which is a big difference.
And play his slow updates even later pushing it closer to 4 months. Sure. Totally excusable.

And btw: you also can not support him constantly and when his updates come you can pay one time „only“ 15 bucks. i personally couldn’t even support him with 15$ constantly each month even if I want to.
Pretty much having to work around a terrible work ethic.

and stagnation can hit every dev.
Yet it doesn't.

Deep works alone and constantly tries to update his art with latest programs and stuff. Not everyone does that.
Again, no. Don't believe every excuse every dev makes up to justify his shortcomings.

+ his updates are normally bigger than the updates of other devs where you waited the exact same amount of time or even longer.

and yes for god sake the story isn’t as deep as some other he already stated that he is aware of that. jesus fucking christ.
Only thing you got right, but I didn't say anything about that.

Facepalm my posts as hard as you can mate but it won't make your "points" any better.

Last edited:

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
What the fuck with 75$? you can play updates for 15 which would be after three months 45$. which is a big difference. And btw: you also can not support him constantly and when his updates come you can pay one time „only“ 15 bucks. i personally couldn’t even support him with 15$ constantly each month even if I want to.

and stagnation can hit every dev. Deep works alone and constantly tries to update his art with latest programs and stuff. Not everyone does that. + his updates are normally bigger than the updates of other devs where you waited the exact same amount of time or even longer.

What's with all the anger?
You need to calm yourself down a bit, mate. Lol.
You'll be having a stroke.

Last edited:

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
Patreon isn't a store, you support people through it if you want.
Are you saying that you're perfectly happy to just keep ploughing money into game developement and never see anything for it?
Or, do you want to have a game, or at least an update, at some point, like I suspect most people do?

People come on here saying that they are supporting the dev, not purchasing a product.
Alright then, but how many of those would carry on paying, if the dev stopped developement?
The bottom line is, everybody either wants, or expects to get something back, at some point, for their investment.
I would suggest that very few people would want to just give their cash away to game devs and get nothing in return.

Last edited:

Ass-a-Lot

Aug 29, 2018

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
All this fighting over sex game
No one's fighting? Why do people instantly assume any sort of discussion is instantly a heated debate by two long date rivals that needs to be stopped by mods?

People are just presenting arguments, some are more heated/defensive than others while doing it but honestly I take no offense in it. We're discussing the game, the quality and the release dates or lack thereof but people have created such an aversion for criticism or debates or being confronted about something to a point where any time someone doesn't agree with you or praise you, they're instantly negative. Now more than I've never seen in my life.

When did we all become special snowflakes that don't make mistakes? Anything people don't like is "intolerant" or "toxic". When did we become so susceptible to criticism? Isn't that how we improved as a race to begin with? Adversity? If you cared about the game you'd actually want the dev to answer those concerns instead of saying his farts smell like fabreeze. How will he change and learn if every time he takes a shit you say it's perfect?

Fuck. You're not supporting him, you're actually killing his game with a smile on your face.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Attatta and Pogo123

decimad

Dec 17, 2017
Fuck. You're not supporting him, you're actually killing his game with a smile on your face.

The smartest thing I've read the past 30 posts.
And people dont even realize that with continously praising him for his updates, you actually make things worse.

Give credit where credit is due, but stop saying everything is great.
I've pumped over 180$ to support him - for what?

That updates, albeit being the same in size and content, now take suddenly 3-4 months instead of one.

All fine by me - not supporting that anymore.

Dont dont put on your halo and say Its way better than most others devs because its not.
Look at big developer, they get big, they get help. Thats why they're successful after a long period of time.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Exactly. The dev of Fleeting Iris for instance. People give him a lot of criticism on Discord, almost on a daily basis. I personally have shared my concerns with him privately on Discord plenty of times and guess what? Instead of being butt hurt about it, he addresses them. He wants to improve and takes criticism to heart.

I can show you data where people said "I think this scene has an issue like the chin is too long" or "this part of the game is easy to get lost" or whatever really, and they always address most concerns or give you some feedback as to why they decided to do that. The last example happened two days ago or so. The Dev spoiled this:

I mentioned that something was odd about her face, his own team member said this:

1578663551638.png

That's their PR! They were even criticized by their own team! Lo and behold:

That's how criticism works! Not destructive but constructive and if it's presented well and if it's taken professionally, it leads to improvements.

Saying everything someone does is good is anything but helpful, regardless if your intentions are good or not and I have no doubt in my mind you have but the best intentions, but you are not helping, you're actually being detrimental.

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
So, let's have a think about this...

Patreon isn't any kind of store...
You've got guys producing a product and accepting payment, yet they say they're not selling anything...
Additionally, there are other guys sending the producer real money, yet they're not buying anything...

Mmm...:unsure::sneaky:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017

You've got guys producing a product and accepting payment, yet they say they're not selling anything...
Additionally, there are other guys sending the producer real money, yet they're not buying anything...

The Patreon model isn't a transaction; it's donating to a developer to support them.

"In the history of art, arts patronage refers to the support that kings, popes, and the wealthy have provided to artists such as musicians, painters, and sculptors."

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
The Patreon model isn't a transaction; it's donating to a developer to support them.

"In the history of art, arts patronage refers to the support that kings, popes, and the wealthy have provided to artists such as musicians, painters, and sculptors."
What's the difference?
If money's changing hands, it's a transaction.
Sorry, Goob, but I'm just not buying it(no pun intended).

Reactions: otakudes and Gisgo

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

The fundamental understanding is wrong. Devs don't receive "payments" it is support/donations from people. In return some devs are willing to return the favor by sharing "beta" releases aka early-access to their supporters. Keep in mind they don't need to do that, they could release single renders or be quiet for 5+ years and hopefully release something then - no guaranty (see Gumdrop)!

I'm not a supporter of Deepsleep or any other dev out there. Supporting a dev with $1 - $5 per month is acceptable, everything above that is ridiculous imo, because the amount of money per update or development time isn't equal in terms of what you get in return.

As soon as the game has been officially published online to buy in a store for $20 - $30 it would be a fair price for me.

About piracy: I would be a hypocrite if I say it is piracy's fault for dev's low numbers of supporters, but it isn't always the case. Thanks to Unity's Analytics tool I know that approximate 90 to 100 thousand people worldwide play a certain game, even more for popular games as Milfy City, Summertime Saga etc. If every single player would donate a single buck as soon as they download the game a dev could easily survive. A buck per update looks reasonable compare to $25+ monthly. This way a dev still could renew his rig and maybe hire people for doing other tasks.

But even then, people would demand faster updates with more numbers of renders and animation and still would complain about "small" updates. They think it is enough to have a powerful rig to render, but it isn't! Render time isn't an issue at all, post-production is! Means, doing all the shitty work with Photoshop. And yes, many "successful" devs don't do that in their games (looking at you WVM - [Braindrop]).

Because of all of that I started to avoid playing update by update and pushed games further and further behind. Now I'm less "addicted" to games and updates as when I was waiting for each update - also, assist other game developer helped to get a better understanding how development (coding, render creating, etc.) works "behind the scene".

Sorry for the wall of text.. I simply wanted to get something off my chest which isn't directly pointed to you personally. :)

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 135 Votes