Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
He said this week release and yet he releases it on Sunday. Well some guys really were right. Congrats to them. But it’s a bit strange... even I would give him more time he really said now the 3rd time it gets delayed even after teasering and calling dates.
Deep really should get a step back and tell us the release when he is 95% done. It’s not only good for us, it’s also better for him.

well Sunday then xD hopefully this time fortune and destiny are with us...

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
you are welcome
If you know everything, what is the point of discussing it. This system works, the author uses it. Power is only those who are willing to pay. As long as people pay everything will go on. It may like, may not like it, but it is and you just have to accept it. It’s even more pointless to discuss “what people pay for” on a pirate site, where by definition everyone wants to get everything for free. Any arguments for and arguments against do not matter on this forum...
What's that all about?
Show me where I've said I know EVERYTHING.
I said that I know what CROWDFUNDING is, not that I know everything.
So what are you talking about?

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
No, that's the dictionary's definition of it by any dictionary in any language. So a donation by definition is not a purchase, it's charity. Not my interpretation.
Charity? WTF?
None of these dev's(including Deep) are charitys.
That's just totally ridiculous, imo.
They're getting paid to do this. In some cases, they get paid extremely well.
You're just being silly, now.

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
Charity? WTF?
None of these dev's(including Deep) are charitys.
That's just totally ridiculous, imo.
They're getting paid to do this. In some cases, they get paid extremely well.
You're just being silly, now.
1578691916086.png

Especially but not limited to, charity. FREE contribution. They aren't charity, but they aren't selling goods, if you don't support them they can't work on the game. There's a need for donations and while it may not be considered charity since the "need" for the money is subjective by humanitarian standards, it is no doubt a donation. FREE contribution.

You don't have to contribute and if you don't like where the money is going you might cease the donations, but I don't think you really understand what a donation is. You're being pedantic for the sake of helping your reasoning.

You can be pedantic with charity despite some broke people needing help to support themselves while they work on their game. I accept that. You can't however misrepresent what the word donation means. It's not open for interpretation. There's a definition for it.

Ric

Oct 21, 2016
What's that all about?
Show me where I've said I know EVERYTHING.
I said that I know what CROWDFUNDING is, not that I know everything.
So what are you talking about?
I did not think that you need to remind the essence of the conversation. Reread your posts and my posts . You started a conversation about "...You've got guys producing a product and accepting payment, yet they say they're not selling anything..."
Then you said that "I know what crowdfunding is, but thanks for putting it in BIG letters for me"
If it’s hard for you to understand what “If you know everything” means in a discussion. This is about crowdfunding. The whole phrase would have sounded like "If you know everything about crowdfunding"
But since this topic is about the game and not about the methods of its production, and especially not about the money collection system, this discussion was initially excess here, and, given the latest posts, it was simply prolonged.
People have the right to spend money as they wish. The author has the right to do his work as he sees fit. And while people are ready to pay him, he is doing everything right. According to the crowdfunding system, the author of this game communicates much more with patrons than some other authors. And the product has a quality that not everyone can brag about.
If something does not suit you, then write a complaint to patreon. In this topic , complaining about how others spend their money is a waste of time.
For some reason, in every topic with a normal game during a period of a slight delay, people appear who have not paid anything but who have requirements like a patrons of the highest level...

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
What's the difference?
If money's changing hands, it's a transaction.
Sorry, Goob, but I'm just not buying it(no pun intended).
The difference is a patron is paying him to create stuff, not paying for the creation. It's a subtle, but important, distinction.

"Here's some money, go work on your art" vs "here's some money, give me an update".

And you don't have to buy (!) it; we're allowed to have different opinions! :)

Ayame#1Fan

Nov 8, 2016
The difference is a patron is paying him to create stuff, not paying for the creation. It's a subtle, but important, distinction.

"Here's some money, go work on your art" vs "here's some money, give me an update".

And you don't have to buy (!) it; we're allowed to have different opinions! :)
Couldn't be put any better.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
He said this week release and yet he releases it on Sunday. Well some guys really were right. Congrats to them. But it’s a bit strange... even I would give him more time he really said now the 3rd time it gets delayed even after teasering and calling dates.
Deep really should get a step back and tell us the release when he is 95% done. It’s not only good for us, it’s also better for him.

well Sunday then xD hopefully this time fortune and destiny are with us...
Some places the week goes Sunday to Saturday. Other places (Europe) the week goes Monday to Sunday. So Sunday is still "this week".

I've learned that in software development, when the release is "this week", it means 11:59:59 pm Saturday night in a time zone of the dev's choice (GMT-12, the international date line). Or 23:59:59 Sunday night for those in Europe!

Zapo3

Apr 23, 2017
We all know what a donation is. Although they charge you commercial transaction taxes. But there is a monthly commitment for your donation that is never fulfilled. We could make donations exclusively when they give us the update. It would be right.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
We all know what a donation is. Although they charge you commercial transaction taxes. But there is a monthly commitment for your donation that is never fulfilled. We could make donations exclusively when they give us the update. It would be right.
But you can do that. Join when he does an update, then cancel. Bam, donation per update.

Salminar

Aug 26, 2018
Some places the week goes Sunday to Saturday. Other places (Europe) the week goes Monday to Sunday. So Sunday is still "this week".

I've learned that in software development, when the release is "this week", it means 11:59:59 pm Saturday night in a time zone of the dev's choice (GMT-12, the international date line). Or 23:59:59 Sunday night for those in Europe!
Lol yes Arena net was a boss in the matter, saying an update or addon would come "by the end of the year" and having it on december on the 30 or 31. They did this a few time if i remember well.

KORAAN

Jan 4, 2019
Guys lets not forget that he is giving us a freaking HOBO in the game which a lot of us wanted. I want him to take as long as possible to give the us best possible update, remember last update? it sucked ass. Last 2 of the Alfred's scene also sucked ass (shitty buildup and Anna forcing Alfred rather than the other way around XD) and TBH last Alfred's scene was straight up funny I mean the guy is a fucking old hag not a Casanova and he's banging two chicks like Anna at the same time XD.
The last JOHN's scene with MrParker was amazing I wish there would be scenes like that in AEA too. And DeepSleep please dude let the HOBO and Alfred force Anna to smash rather than the other way around _/\_.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 135 Votes