keenkp

Nov 25, 2019
First I'm not a donator so I do not care when the update will release, if the dev does , I will always appreciate him. But in the side if donators, I don't know how hard will take him so long to do the update.

Let me say some examples: Willy D , apocalypse, Angelica' temptation and so on. None of them will use over 3 months to release a update. And also, each update they release is always bigger then Anna.

Or you can find one game which is much like anna: lida's adventure, but in my opinion lida is more bigger then Anna. And the dev also post the update in 3 months. And now he is sick, but remember, his last update is May.

So I want to say that, the dev should respect the donators and do not waste their time and money. You are becoming more and more like the defenestration's dev: delay, sorry , and delay again. It is sad and arrogant.

You can learn the way apocalypse and angelica: post the game update to the donators first, and share to gamers for free but they must wait one month. The hard work is never you excuse. Frankly, you work does not worth 100 days, I can see a lot of great works in the fan art area. So cut the shit excuse and do some value works for you donators, or you will get the FreshMulan's problem.

Last edited:

Mariano95

Jan 17, 2019
First I'm not a donator so I do not care when the update will release, if the dev does , I will always appreciate him. But in the side if donators, I don't know how hard will take him so long to do the update.

Let me say some examples: Willy D , apocalypse, Angelica' temptation and so on. None of them will use over 3 months to release a update. And also, each update they release is always bigger then Anna.

Or you can find one game which is much like anna: lida's adventure, but in my opinion lida is more bigger then Anna. And the dev also post the update in 3 months. And now he is sick, but remember, his last update is May.

So I want to say that, the dev should respect the donators and do not waste their time and money. You are becoming more and more like the defenestration's dev: delay, sorry , and delay again. It is sad and arrogant.

You can learn the way apocalypse and angelica: post the game update to the donators first, and share to gamers for free but they must wait one month. The hard work is never you excuse. Frankly, you work does not worth 100 days, I can see a lot of great works in the fan art area. So cut the shit excuse and do some value works for you donators, or you will get the FreshMulan's problem.
I'm a donor and for me there's no problem, I can wait a couple of more days because Anna is always worth and I think is one of the best and most of all Deep is the only dev that keeps people informed week x week. About Lida's adventures I read some messages of donors and the dev hasn't wrote for more than a month so ...
For what concerns Lily from P/P I have no words.

Goodthrust

Oct 26, 2017
the only problem i have with game devs is that if ur paying for a monthly service than u should get something every month?
u pay ur internet bill every month and u get to use the internet no?
So in my opinion I think you should get something for every month you pay or just pay a small fee when update is available???

DimitarM12

May 8, 2017
the only problem i have with game devs is that if ur paying for a monthly service than u should get something every month?
So in my opinion I think you should get something for every month you pay or just pay a small fee when update is available???
someone with a brain.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
someone with a brain.
While that would work well, it isn't at all how Patreon is meant to work, though. The way Patreon works is you are donating money..not paying for a subscription or membership. Naturally, the more you donate, the more the devs offer, in many cases..but, those donations are just that...donations. You're donating for their cause. Their cause is to work on their project. In essence, your donations are to help them continue their projects. You aren't buying anything.
I agree...if I'm throwing money in someone's account, I like to see steady progress, but that isn't required. This is also why I quit donating on Patreon ages ago. I've been stung by way too many abandoned games and ghosting devs.
But, point being...donations aren't for purchasing subscriptions or memberships. The word donate means to give a gift with no expectations.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
someone with a brain.
Unfortunately "creating" a game isn't a service you subscribe and pay for like you do for your internet connection. It is a donation/patronage system. If you don't know the meaning or the difference between a payed service and patronage then I suggest you look it up on the internet for which you pay monthly, because you signed a contract with an ISP.

DimitarM12

May 8, 2017
While that would work well, it isn't at all how Patreon is meant to work, though. The way Patreon works is you are donating money..not paying for a subscription or membership. Naturally, the more you donate, the more the devs offer, in many cases..but, those donations are just that...donations. You're donating for their cause. Their cause is to work on their project. In essence, your donations are to help them continue their projects. You aren't buying anything.
I agree...if I'm throwing money in someone's account, I like to see steady progress, but that isn't required. This is also why I quit donating on Patreon ages ago. I've been stung by way too many abandoned games and ghosting devs.
But, point being...donations aren't for purchasing subscriptions or memberships. The word donate means to give a gift with no expectations.

yes but every game developer need to apreciate that donations from the people who willingly gives their money to him no matter if its donation or not, and he needs to answer for that donation.

All developers must choose, either will be grateful for taking thousand of dolars monthly and deliver the project who he promised that he will deliver, or quit for good, not just ghosting then come back and making excuses, we all have problems mate, we all have.

tata19

Jul 22, 2019
It is not to defend Deep in this case, but it must be considered that he is the only developer of the game, in other cases there are several who work on a game and that makes the time between improvements less. Deep with all its drawbacks, it always keeps in touch and delivers some materials such as monthly wallpapers, there are games in which one does not know if it is abandoned or if it continues its development because there is almost no interaction with the developer.

KORAAN

Jan 4, 2019
yes but every game developer need to apreciate that donations from the people who willingly gives their money to him no matter if its donation or not, and he needs to answer for that donation.

All developers must choose, either will be grateful for taking thousand of dolars monthly and deliver the project who he promised that he will deliver, or quit for good, not just ghosting then come back and making excuses, we all have problems mate, we all have.
Bro you need to calm down a bit with your destructive criticism, I know its been hard due to the pandemic but your constant blabbering and flaming Deep for not delivering updates on time is not helping anyone (especially him). Instead he'll start to think his community is toxic and will stop listening to our feedbacks. And to be honest we should praise him for giving a good storyline (till now) with the HOBO which initially wasn't in the game. And about the patreon thing how do you know he's ungrateful? Have you ever donated to him? So just relax bro the update will come and it'll be a good one.

Mariano95

Jan 17, 2019
All these deep thoughts, all these strong words, all these impressive discussions for a couple of days of delay.
And as LoYaN said: are all those people donors? Because like for Lily of the valley the major critics were people who wanted to play for free. Talking about respect the donors try to respect the dev, because trust me, there are a lot of devs who just want to earn money and they don't give a f#ck about supporters.

Goodthrust

Oct 26, 2017
my comment wasnt directed at deep .more so to all devs in general. deep does a great job compared to some other devs like icstor which havent delivered an update in a year i think. but in general if im paying for something i like to recieve it

Reactions: DimitarM12

DimitarM12

May 8, 2017
Bro you need to calm down a bit with your destructive criticism, I know its been hard due to the pandemic but your constant blabbering and flaming Deep for not delivering updates on time is not helping anyone (especially him). Instead he'll start to think his community is toxic and will stop listening to our feedbacks. And to be honest we should praise him for giving a good storyline (till now) with the HOBO which initially wasn't in the game. And about the patreon thing how do you know he's ungrateful? Have you ever donated to him? So just relax bro the update will come and it'll be a good one.
before you blame me, read it again. I said "All Developers" not DeepSleep precisely, before you lick someone's as* think wisely.

I demand an apology from you blaming me without reading it clearly.

4.00 star(s) 133 Votes