FMag

Aug 1, 2019
can someone tellme which one should i download -
the one under Chapter 1+Anna first time
or the one under DOWNLOAD ... are there two parts of these game???
also what is the difference between VN and sandbox?
Anna first time is a prequel of the main story. Format: visual novel. Separated from the main story.

Anna ch.1 renpy remake is just the exact same game but made with renpy with a scene gallery in the main menu.

Anna ch.1: the first link contains the whole chapter, which might be too heavy to download so you can download the separated parts (idk how it is divided tho). The original version is made with rpgm.

Ch. 2, as the name suggest, is the continuation of the story with different mechanics. The main one is renpy (sandbox so you have to click here and there) and the VN is just a classic visual novel (linear game, choiches but no wandering around or crazy clicks). Usually the renpy version comes out before the VN.

Other prequels, such as "hard exam 1&2" are posted on a different thread in the OP. They are prequels when Anna was in college.

Somewhere there are also 2 other short novels like "christmas gift" and "the church" which might be a little buggy.

Last but not least, X3rr4 created a short novel called "skater girl" if I remember correctly. She keeps saying it's bad but in my opinion it was awesome.

So the right path is: Anna first time --> hard exam 1&2 --> chapter 1 --> chapter 2 (ev. short novels aside).

I think that's all.

Ken#6969

Jan 23, 2024
Anna first time is a prequel of the main story. Format: visual novel. Separated from the main story.

Anna ch.1 renpy remake is just the exact same game but made with renpy with a scene gallery in the main menu.

Anna ch.1: the first link contains the whole chapter, which might be too heavy to download so you can download the separated parts (idk how it is divided tho). The original version is made with rpgm.

Ch. 2, as the name suggest, is the continuation of the story with different mechanics. The main one is renpy (sandbox so you have to click here and there) and the VN is just a classic visual novel (linear game, choiches but no wandering around or crazy clicks). Usually the renpy version comes out before the VN.

Other prequels, such as "hard exam 1&2" are posted on a different thread in the OP. They are prequels when Anna was in college.

Somewhere there are also 2 other short novels like "christmas gift" and "the church" which might be a little buggy.

Last but not least, X3rr4 created a short novel called "skater girl" if I remember correctly. She keeps saying it's bad but in my opinion it was awesome.

So the right path is: Anna first time --> hard exam 1&2 --> chapter 1 --> chapter 2 (ev. short novels aside).

I think that's all.
got it. thanks for the info :>

Last edited:

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022

I think that's all.
Old Church is actually between Hard Exam 2 and Chapter 1, because Anna is still in college and Andrew is working as an intern. Which suggests it's set during Halloween of Anna's Senior Year. Christmas Gift is obviously set after Hard Exam, because it starts with Anna still struggling to maintain the scholarship, she received as a result of those short games. That suggests it must also be during Anna's Senior Year, immediately after Old Church. So the proper sequence is 'First Time, Hard Exam 1&2, Old Church, Christmas Gift, Chapter 1 and finally Chapter 2.

I suspect Hard Exam 3 when it comes, will be the final one in the sequence, probably set around her final exam, at the end of her senior year. No suggestion from the Devs at present when this will happen. But going by what's happened previously, it's likely to be sometime in the next year.

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
got it. thanks for the info :>
( also a bonus question can u tellme how to use japaneese locale? i downloaded and extracted one but when right clicking in a game exe it dosent show up... also i have win 11.)
I'm sorry but I have no idea.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Last but not least, @X3rr4 created a short novel called "skater girl" if I remember correctly. She keeps saying it's bad but in my opinion it was awesome.
This is the Dev of 'Hanna Futile Resistance'. Are you saying they've made a game involving Anna? And if so, where can we find it?

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019

she says its bad cause i asked her to do it back then and we are far away from good terms now but i couldn't care less anymore. she was already back then now that happy about it but i bet she hates it now cause it reminds her of me. but whatever.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Update should be today?
Deep hasn't said anything about today on Discord. More often than not he releases at the weekend, usually on Sunday. So that would be my best guess. When he last said anything a few days ago, he didn't give any indication that he was running behind schedule. So it sounds like the release is imminent. Even if it is released Sunday, you may not get it here till a few days later, when it's released to most patrons. That's not a bad thing though, because that's usually the bug-fixed version.

As far as the VN version is concerned. Sometimes, it gets released the same time as the sandbox version is given to $10 patrons, and sometimes it's later. Last time it was a day later, which meant we ended up having to wait until Christmas to get it on this site. So there's no guarantee you'll get that version immediately.

Reactions: Pogo123
4.00 star(s) 135 Votes