osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
What is the difference between Sand Box and the other version? Also, can you use the same save?
You're in the wrong thread.

But a sandbox game is a game where you have to click to move around and trigger scenes to happen.
This is useful for games with multiple characters you can pursue in parallel and IMO annoying, stupid and a waste of time for a linear VN which AEA is.
The other version is the linear VN version where you just click to move the story forward and which makes much more sense.

I have no idea about the save game compatibility, ask that question in the other thread or on Deepsleep's discord.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019
What is the difference between Sand Box and the other version? Also, can you use the same save?
In sandbox version you have a map you need to navigate, In VN version you don't have the map.
In chapter 2 you start a "new" game, you get some questions about what character/path you are one. (Sandbox/VN saves don't work with each other... at least for me it haven't worked)

EDIT! Just what osmcuser132 said.

Reactions: JohnVans

JohnVans

Apr 30, 2019
You're in the wrong thread.

But a sandbox game is a game where you have to click to move around and trigger scenes to happen.
This is useful for games with multiple characters you can pursue in parallel and IMO annoying, stupid and a waste of time for a linear VN which AEA is.
The other version is the linear VN version where you just click to move the story forward and which makes much more sense.

I have no idea about the save game compatibility, ask that question in the other thread or on Deepsleep's discord.
ty

JohnVans

Apr 30, 2019
In sandbox version you have a map you need to navigate, In VN version you don't have the map.
In chapter 2 you start a "new" game, you get some questions about what character/path you are one. (Sandbox/VN saves don't work with each other... at least for me it haven't worked)

EDIT! Just what osmcuser132 said.
ty

sexxy117

Oct 23, 2017
Is there a way to edit/replace the black screens backgrounds with screenshots of the RPGM for the conversations? I'm thinking of taking screenshots from the RPGM to get the backgrounds shown, but not sure how to best go about. Just thinking to check where each person talks at and screenshot it

Update: Have a few screenshots so far, but getting error image not found, if anyone has any recommendations. Currently updating the script and inserting the file, but doesn't seem to pick up. Any and all suggestions are welcome :) Capture8.JPG Capture7.JPG

Last edited:

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
It's been a while but if I remember correctly Ren'Py has a background and foreground layer.
My method of showing images uses the BG layer, with using the scene keyword.
So you would need to adjust the code for your screenshots to use the scene keyword and use the show/hide keywords to make the current image the FG overlay image.

Good luck.

Reactions: botc76 and DD3DD

sexxy117

Oct 23, 2017
It's been a while but if I remember correctly Ren'Py has a background and foreground layer.
My method of showing images uses the BG layer, with using the scene keyword.
So you would need to adjust the code for your screenshots to use the scene keyword and use the show/hide keywords to make the current image the FG overlay image.

Good luck.
I've found that the easiest solution is to just take one of the names that already works IE "Black" and add a digit to it to separate from the original black fade out Webp file. So far so good, but my quick fastforward through the scenes tells me there's plenty to do.

To be expected, but will post results on this when finally done, sure this isn't something many people care about, but I just like to have the in between images to not drop out of the scene. Developer mode has been making this much easier tho as opposed to my initial close and reopen process . Fortunately alot of images do repeat given the calls occurring at the office desk.

Reactions: DD3DD

TheUnDoge

Oct 1, 2022
This is an amazing novel and you just made it better thanks...hope you continue with chapter 2 and other updates Happy New Year

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Sorry I'm new here so please forgive me if this question has been answered before. From what I gather from reading through this thread, this game was converted from its original form into this current VN?

If I am correct then is their any chance of a chapter 3? I usually support the Patreon if work is continuing on a title.

Also the game links at the start of this thread are for the remake, is their more to this game elsewhere?

Thanks in advance

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
In the same post at the start with the game links, there is also a link to the original game thread, where you can find chapter 2.
Chapter 2 is already in Ren'Py and has a sandbox version and a VN version.

FYI the only difference between this remake and the original is the game engine. The content is the same.
There is no way to import save-games to chapter 2 so it doesn't matter which version of chapter 1 you play.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
In the same post at the start with the game links, there is also a link to the original game thread, where you can find chapter 2.
Chapter 2 is already in Ren'Py and has a sandbox version and a VN version.

FYI the only difference between this remake and the original is the game engine. The content is the same.
There is no way to import save-games to chapter 2 so it doesn't matter which version of chapter 1 you play.

Dude, you have the patience of a saint. If people kept asking me the same stupid questions again and again, when most of them are already answered, if you just manage to read the title of this thread, I would go bonkers

Reactions: DD3DD

limitno18

Jul 2, 2017
It say in the title abandoned. Does the first game has been fully remade in to renpy version or there is still in works?

4.60 star(s) 41 Votes