greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
funny becaue most peoples i see here prefer renpy )
Another way to look at this 'fact' is that those that don't like RPGMaker based games (like the original of this one) may make more noise on the forums about this topic than those people that don't mind or actual like RPGMaker based games.

This in turn can lead to the possible illusion that most people like Ren'py based games over RPGMaker based one, where in truth it is impossible to tell if that's the case without taking a survey and even that could be bias because there are those that won't participate in such a survey.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Another way to look at this 'fact' is that those that don't like RPGMaker based games (like the original of this one) may make more noise on the forums about this topic than those people that don't mind or actual like RPGMaker based games.

This in turn can lead to the possible illusion that most people like Ren'py based games over RPGMaker based one, where in truth it is impossible to tell if that's the case without taking a survey and even that could be bias because there are those that won't participate in such a survey.
well you can base yourself also on the reputation of games here on f95. in comparison of popularity, its clear that renpy is way in front of rpgmaker.
if you look the "most popular games" list, you'll see multiples renpy, and low rpgmaker.

can do that also with the "votes" given to the games by peoples here.

i dont mind both of them. i have favorite games in both engine
( coceter chronicles in rpgmaker and SS in renpy etc.. )

Reactions: Voilsh

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
This is perfect for rpgmaker games that aren't RPG ;).

greyelf

Nov 16, 2016
well you can base yourself also on the reputation of games here on f95. in comparison of popularity, its clear that renpy is way in front of rpgmaker.
if you look the "most popular games" list, you'll see multiples renpy, and low rpgmaker.

can do that also with the "votes" given to the games by peoples here.

i dont mind both of them. i have favorite games in both engine
( coceter chronicles in rpgmaker and SS in renpy etc.. )
Both of those measures assume that people are assigning rep or votes to games, which may be false assumptions because just like surveys not everyone participates in those activities.

(** for instance I personally have never done either of those activities (or at least not that I can remember), and I would be surprised to find out that I'm the only member of this community that hasn't.)

john_jones21

Jun 24, 2017
And I don't really work on this game, I work on a bunch of Python conversion scripts. My version is dependent on the RPGM version. If deepsleep stops with his game, this version is also finished.
Do you have any plans to release these scripts? They would be an amazing resource and even the idea of automatically converting from one to the other never occurred to me.

It would be great for authors as well as modders - A Wife and Mother got released as RPGMaker and then the author rewrote it in ren'py. If he had something to convert it as a starting point then I'm sure it would have gone much faster.

TheFapper2

Sep 6, 2017
For me, the worst part on RPGMaker based games is the looping that continues to infinite. Well, problem solved with this mod. Waiting for the next release!

Daniel xVxd

Nov 19, 2017
Thank you for the fast update.

Btw, how is it that your version is so much smaller in size? Did you decrease the image quality? Or is RPGM itself so big?

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
It's written in the technical stuff in the OP but here it is again:
I also took the time to convert all images from PNG to the new WEBP format (developed by Google and supported by Ren'py), reducing the game images from 1.4GB to 160MB for a total game size of 278MB for 0.7 and 1,8GB down to 206MB resulting in a total size of 364MB for 0.8.

Furthermore, I use only the images referenced in game because there is also image data for an RPGM game in his package (in the www/img folder only pictures and faces is used by the game) and there are also a few extra images not referenced in game. Between a full image dump and my image folder there is already a 500MB difference.

And I don't port the music and also only port the sound effects referenced in game. So my sound folder is 2MB while the original sound folder is 115MB.

It all adds up.

Thickgravy49

Jul 24, 2017
I've no problem with the original version, as I like to take my time & I think the amount of walking around is minimal.
But for all the speedgamers out there who want to see everything in 5 mins flat, this is ideal.
So hats off to you, my friend. You've done a fine job with this. Well done ; )

Gunzman7T

May 30, 2017
Very nice mod. Im a click click guy and very lazy to play rpgm game style. Im hope this mod continue with each update of the game. Thank you.

somguy

Jun 17, 2017
It's written in the technical stuff in the OP but here it is again:
I also took the time to convert all images from PNG to the new WEBP format (developed by Google and supported by Ren'py), reducing the game images from 1.4GB to 160MB for a total game size of 278MB for 0.7 and 1,8GB down to 206MB resulting in a total size of 364MB for 0.8.

Furthermore, I use only the images referenced in game because there is also image data for an RPGM game in his package (in the www/img folder only pictures and faces is used by the game) and there are also a few extra images not referenced in game. Between a full image dump and my image folder there is already a 500MB difference.

And I don't port the music and also only port the sound effects referenced in game. So my sound folder is 2MB while the original sound folder is 115MB.

It all adds up.
This is awesome, any plans to use your process for other games? (if possible)
There's a few games id love a renpy version of, like Elena's life or my sister mia

f95sunrise

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any way that you will make an android version for this game? Or will it take too much time? I looked at how you can convert renpy games for android but it has to do with coding it or something like that, so i got stuck.

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
I started to look in to it but stopped at some point. Maybe when 0.9 comes out, but I make no promises.

Reactions: guriga64
4.60 star(s) 41 Votes