ssiab74

Oct 15, 2022
I was pretty disappointed by this outcome and I have not played a game where the player chooses the other path (Ley of the Land) instead of Lindsey's route; those two are mutually exclusive. Does this end the same way if you take that path?
I went with Maxine instead of Lindsey and I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't even do this quest if you chose her. I played it through the chapter select and when you pick options for prior events, it doesn't let you pick the Maxine route.

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
I went with Maxine instead of Lindsey and I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't even do this quest if you chose her. I played it through the chapter select and when you pick options for prior events, it doesn't let you pick the Maxine route.
The Maxine/Lindsey quests are mutually exclusive, but they're a separate mutually exclusive from the Kate/Isabelle quests.

So the question is what happens to Lindsey on Isabelle-> Maxine

Reactions: MisterDuck

Mariohhhhhh

May 24, 2022
The Maxine/Lindsey quests are mutually exclusive, but they're a separate mutually exclusive from the Kate/Isabelle quests.

So the question is what happens to Lindsey on Isabelle-> Maxine
Thats why i ask if this was going to be like Steins Gate (You f the future so you need to go back again and again) or like DDLC (You need to play all routes in diferent saves to got the best outcome)

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
Thats why i ask if this was going to be like Steins Gate (You f the future so you need to go back again and again) or like DDLC (You need to play all routes in diferent saves to got the best outcome)
I wondered if it was just an optimal route; the game already has 'secondary' unlocks of paths for some characters where if you do not, say, get their interest the first time it is available you can still begin it in a later quest, to say nothing of having a bunch of quests where you are not required to do them in a certain order but in order to get some routes you do (for example: needing to do Tiny Thirsty Tree before The Statement even though its quite possible to NOT do that, in order to get the love route for a character). So a route where you have to choose to help Maxine deal with the thing before you can express interest in Lindsey (and keeping in mind that all of the situations that lead to Lindsey's interest in the PC are due to the same problem that eventually leads to the bad outcome , such as catching her falling down the stairs or when she runs into the PC, etc, all also being a result of the same phenomenon).

Another thing that I thought seemed pretty likely while playing is that one of the girls in this game is the unknown person responsible for it all happening in the first place, and so routes with others may not necessarily align with whatever it is they're trying to accomplish by letting the PC have this 2nd chance. One thing I did not really successfully pick up from the game but seemed like it might be hinted at was that Isabelle may not be something that happened in the character's first life at all, hence the opportunities to do things like ask the teacher about her exchange program. Since she's also the title screen character (despite being a mutually exclusive one of two potential main story routes, and given the number of people into femdom cheerleaders or the idea of breaking them, not necessarily guaranteed to be the overwhelming choice of players or anything), I always kind of had this idea she would turn out to be more important than the others for some reason - that she was wishing she had met someone who could have helped her have a better experience or something like that.

I also wouldnt rule out a Lessons in Love style 'timeline repeats several times' thing as you remove different problems that afflict different characters (Maxine's path removing something affecting Lindsey, allowing something to happen with Lindsey the next time), requiring the player to make different friends each time in order to remove them; so even a player not interested in, say, Kate, might have to do one pass through the timeline as her simp in order to figure out what makes Maxine so fucking odd, or whatever.

I will give this game something. I had not played it until this update; it had always looked like one of the Summertime Saga replicas to me, and I often stay away from games that look like they are just derivatives copying a widely known game in setting and mood and art. I've played quite a few games on this site, though, and few of them have told a story with a bad beat in it that hit strongly enough for me to actually feel it and go oh no, no, I really dislike that this has happened, I liked that character. So even though I don't like the twist, per se, I also think it was objectively done well enough to do; having bad things happen to characters and not having it actually have an emotional impact is IMO worse, because it means you didn't build enough investment. So this can join a couple moments in LiL and the start of Act 3 of Love of Magic in the category of oh wait what I actually feel bad right now, something very few adult games try to do, and even fewer of them ever succeed at. If it turns out to have some of those elements that would make the plotline more interesting, it will definitely stand on its own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lolicon Kami

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
so uhm.. I'm trying to do the strawberries, cherries quest but there is no use item button for the poster on the bulletin board near the guard's booth. what am I supposed to do here?
nvm, I had another quest going.
But I feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff. such as when kate asks for her sins during the wicked game, I don't have any unlockable option available, nor when mc is talking to flora during the date with jacklyn. can someone share some pointers? thanks

Last edited:

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
so uhm.. I'm trying to do the strawberries, cherries quest but there is no use item button for the poster on the bulletin board near the guard's booth. what am I supposed to do here?
nvm, I had another quest going.
But I feel like I'm missing a ton of stuff. such as when kate asks for her sins during the wicked game, I don't have any unlockable option available, nor when mc is talking to flora during the date with jacklyn. can someone share some pointers? thanks
Its possible to do many quests in any order you want, but certain options (and therefore certain routes) will be unavailable if you don't get the order correct. To your second example with Jacklyn in The Statement, you need to have done a couple other things first before pursuing that quest to have the option with Flora:

1: Complete "Chile Con Carnal Sin", it doesn't matter if you choose to watch her or not at the end
2: During Flora's next quest, "Tiny Thirsty Tree", you need to talk her out of cake addiction; helping her bake commits you to her Lust path
3: At the end of "Tiny, Thirsty Tree", you should then save her from the Bonsai.

#2 is the most important: it is a path choice (love or lust), that is enforced by The Statement: If you have chosen to talk her out of baking, and seen the ensuing intimate scene with Flora, you will be close enough to ask her what is going on, and change the course of The Statement - surrendering an opportunity for sexytime with Jacklyn, but instead committing to Flora's love route and getting +25 love in a single event.

This game has a lot of mutually exclusive decisions and paths that cannot all be seen or completed in a single playthrough. For example, doing Flora's love route changes the end of The Statement so much that you will not get the ensuing sex scene options with Jacklyn, and likely won't get enough point progress with her to unlock all future dialogue options with her that are currently in the game in other quests. Another example is in Lindsey's questline after you have progressed a little and encounter Maxine (which is often the first time you encounter Maxine). She will say something barely understandable and your options will be to listen to her or choose "I want to help Lindsey", and this in fact commits to two separate, mutually exclusive questlines (Nothing Wrong With Me or Ley of the Land).

JakoDel

Jul 4, 2020
Its possible to do many quests in any order you want, but certain options (and therefore certain routes) will be unavailable if you don't get the order correct. To your second example with Jacklyn in The Statement, you need to have done a couple other things first before pursuing that quest to have the option with Flora:

1: Complete "Chile Con Carnal Sin", it doesn't matter if you choose to watch her or not at the end
2: During Flora's next quest, "Tiny Thirsty Tree", you need to talk her out of cake addiction; helping her bake commits you to her Lust path
3: At the end of "Tiny, Thirsty Tree", you should then save her from the Bonsai.

#2 is the most important: it is a path choice (love or lust), that is enforced by The Statement: If you have chosen to talk her out of baking, and seen the ensuing intimate scene with Flora, you will be close enough to ask her what is going on, and change the course of The Statement - surrendering an opportunity for sexytime with Jacklyn, but instead committing to Flora's love route and getting +25 love in a single event.

This game has a lot of mutually exclusive decisions and paths that cannot all be seen or completed in a single playthrough. For example, doing Flora's love route changes the end of The Statement so much that you will not get the ensuing sex scene options with Jacklyn, and likely won't get enough point progress with her to unlock all future dialogue options with her that are currently in the game in other quests. Another example is in Lindsey's questline after you have progressed a little and encounter Maxine (which is often the first time you encounter Maxine). She will say something barely understandable and your options will be to listen to her or choose "I want to help Lindsey", and this in fact commits to two separate, mutually exclusive questlines (Nothing Wrong With Me or Ley of the Land).
thanks for the detailed reply. Yeah like many VNs choosing a route locks you out of another, but I guess I have made a big mess with the play order, not only for the reasons above but also because ie. I encountered Maxine for the 1st time waaay earlier than the lindsey/maxine route choice.
Unless the events in the in-game quest guide are listed idk, from top to bottom to represent the correct play order, the game badly needs an updated walkthrough.

do you know anything about the two events needed to unlock the choices during the wicked game event? I really don't want to start completely over just to play the same routes again praying I don't get something wrong.
or unpack the scripts file and manually search for the variables and where they get set (because obviously I'd like to see the actual scenes, not just the +x points rewarded by the unlocked choices).

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
thanks for the detailed reply. Yeah like many VNs choosing a route locks you out of another, but I guess I have made a big mess with the play order, not only for the reasons above but also because ie. I encountered Maxine for the 1st time waaay earlier than the lindsey/maxine route choice.
Unless the events in the in-game quest guide are listed idk, from top to bottom to represent the correct play order, the game badly needs an updated walkthrough.

do you know anything about the two events needed to unlock the choices during the wicked game event? I really don't want to start completely over just to play the same routes again praying I don't get something wrong.
or unpack the scripts file and manually search for the variables and where they get set (because obviously I'd like to see the actual scenes, not just the +x points rewarded by the unlocked choices).
I found that to be the case myself as well re: the walkthrough. Fortunately the game is short and its quick to skip through and replay. One piece of advice if you do that: Avoid triggering the quest where you are locked in the homeroom and avoid drinking strawberry juice on Day 1 of the game after Isabelle's tour: Both of these create situations where you cannot speak to Kate until you have resolved the questlines, and you can get trapped in the Kate dream sequence on the first night unable to initiate conversation with her and unable to leave the event.

I never figured out how to unlock that one dialogue option with the nurse either, and I'm not sure its available - there's progress with Kate that isn't in the walkthrough, but it doesn't lead to the resolution of what feels like the game's first Act the way that Dethroning the Queen does - I think there's a quest yet to be added to get those two lines to 'parallel'.

And yeah because the events have really minor pre-requisites, its really easy to do stuff in a wide variety of sequencing, and its kind of annoying it isn't more clear how to optimize your path for the girls you are interested in (and even then, if you read our other discussion, its not clear that optimizing your route for those girls is the best case scenario for them). I have kind of filed this away as a game I'll be interested in at some point but given that it's taken 3 years to this point I expect it to be one of those games I check on like twice a year. There's a lot of interesting potential there but the rate at which this game produces new material doesn't suggest it's going to happen very quickly.

Reactions: JakoDel
3.80 star(s) 164 Votes