3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Spot on as always. Is MC giving us a hint here? Perhaps I am reading too much in to it.
I think you nailed it in that example! I think the clues are often in his self-talk. He says a lot of things in those parentheses that make me wonder if that is the method the author has used to reveal what is really going on... that kind of subtext (but is actually written).

In my original playthrough, I had a lot of negative feelings. Almost all of them were connected to those "thoughts." They have me second-guessing my decisions. He remarks about the receipt, Gina (more than once), Donny (more than once depending on player choices), the phone call, and her taking to the idea, just to name a few. Sometimes they are more overt, "Maybe now is not the right time to bring up Tori." Other times and most often, it is like the example you posted.

I keep coming back to the developer's words in JetZ's post, "Has she already lost it and the MC is too late in figuring it out?"
Clearly, I think the answers to those questions are "Yes." I just don't know what it means yet.

There is definitely something to it!

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I think you nailed it in that example! I think the clues are often in his self-talk. He says a lot of things in those parentheses that make me wonder if that is the method the author has used to reveal what is really going on... that kind of subtext (but is actually written).

In my original playthrough, I had a lot of negative feelings. Almost all of them were connected to those "thoughts." They have me second-guessing my decisions. He remarks about the receipt, Gina (more than once), Donny (more than once depending on player choices), the phone call, and her taking to the idea, just to name a few. Sometimes they are more overt, "Maybe now is not the right time to bring up Tori." Other times and most often, it is like the example you posted.

I keep coming back to the developer's words in JetZ's post, "Has she already lost it and the MC is too late in figuring it out?"
Clearly, I think the answers to those questions are "Yes." I just don't know what it means yet.

There is definitely something to it!
I had the same experience. I was often left hesitant on which decision to make.

Those decisions became more complicated by Steph's hypocrisy. I learnt real quick to ignore her dialogues about honesty and only going as far as MC is comfortable with, etc. If you don't choose for MC to lead on or let things evolve unopposed, Steph is furious at him. The phone call is another example of that hypocrisy. It is followed by her carrying on about honesty in the dialogue that follows.

I found myself selecting ''to end it" occasionally just to laugh at her tirade. What can I say, some times I am a sick man haha.

Reactions: Nurikabe

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
What did the dev mean by thiscomment ? "Has she already lost it and the MC is too late in figuring it out?"

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
What did the dev mean by thiscomment ? "Has she already lost it and the MC is too late in figuring it out?"
That's the million dollar question.

"Has she already lost it..."
Lost what? This could be a translation issue with the pronouns and the term "lost". But what is it that she could lose? Love? Faithfulness? Honesty?

"...the MC is too late in figuring it out?"
This part is much clearer and very telling. And it perhaps shows the developers tipping their hands. Obviously, the MC has not figured it out yet. When he does, what will our options be? Will it be three nonsense choices where nothing actually changes? Or will they use the confidence system to reinforce that he needs to be proactive and strong in his response to prevent a bad ending? And what is a bad ending? Cuckold? Slut wife? Divorce?

I think the MC has been open and upright about what he wants. Yes, we have the option of not playing the Tori card but it is not for the purposes of subversion. The MC was asked if he wanted to sleep with Jason's wife. Between Jason and the MC, things are probably face value and there is no hidden agenda. When the MC starts to ask Steph about getting into the lifestyle, he chooses the best way to introduce them to an open relationship. The best way was not to focus on Tori or a single occurrence but rather to test if Steph was even willing to consider flirting and the behaviors that follow.

Our 'confidence' options are to play from the backseat and let Steph drive the decisions. That does not end well and she goes full tilt from the beginning. We can play the middle ground and we still end up being dragged along. Or we can play with high confidence and we are rewarded with Steph (and Gina) doing what she can to please the MC, Amber being available, and the current ending scene which congratulates the MC for being in command of his, and his wife's, future.

Throwing this out there Grumpy Old Aussie because sometimes I am a sick man. I choose the bad option just to be a bit passive-aggressive at a character in a visual novel! Because fuck her! I still stand by the fact that I would take Gina and ditch Steph if she is fucking things up.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018

Lost what? This could be a translation issue with the pronouns and the term "lost". But what is it that she could lose? Love? Faithfulness? Honesty?

This part is much clearer and very telling. And it perhaps shows the developers tipping their hands. Obviously, the MC has not figured it out yet. When he does, what will our options be? Will it be three nonsense choices where nothing actually changes? Or will they use the confidence system to reinforce that he needs to be proactive and strong in his response to prevent a bad ending? And what is a bad ending? Cuckold? Slut wife? Divorce?

I think the MC has been open and upright about what he wants. Yes, we have the option of not playing the Tori card but it is not for the purposes of subversion. The MC was asked if he wanted to sleep with Jason's wife. Between Jason and the MC, things are probably face value and there is no hidden agenda. When the MC starts to ask Steph about getting into the lifestyle, he chooses the best way to introduce them to an open relationship. The best way was not to focus on Tori or a single occurrence but rather to test if Steph was even willing to consider flirting and the behaviors that follow.

Our 'confidence' options are to play from the backseat and let Steph drive the decisions. That does not end well and she goes full tilt from the beginning. We can play the middle ground and we still end up being dragged along. Or we can play with high confidence and we are rewarded with Steph (and Gina) doing what she can to please the MC, Amber being available, and the current ending scene which congratulates the MC for being in command of his, and his wife's, future.

Throwing this out there Grumpy Old Aussie because sometimes I am a sick man. I choose the bad option just to be a bit passive-aggressive at a character in a visual novel! Because fuck her! I still stand by the fact that I would take Gina and ditch Steph if she is fucking things up.
I agree with you that we do noy have enough info on whe is ment by " Lost it" As for the MC figuring it out. I still believe that the girls started this way before jason and MC chatted. Maybe Jason is even in on it.

I like the path where the MC ends up as the controlling factor. There was a lot of fun had by all and everything seemed to be up front . There was basis for future rondevous. The other where Steph end up in control worries me a bit. She even mentions he needs to behave himself. I do not want her to become a fuck queen.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I agree with you that we do noy have enough info on whe is ment by " Lost it" As for the MC figuring it out. I still believe that the girls started this way before jason and MC chatted. Maybe Jason is even in on it.

I like the path where the MC ends up as the controlling factor. There was a lot of fun had by all and everything seemed to be up front . There was basis for future rondevous. The other where Steph end up in control worries me a bit. She even mentions he needs to behave himself. I do not want her to become a fuck queen.
I think that would be the bad ending. The good ending is the high-confidence route and everything works out. They all live happily ever after. Bringing any of Steph's drama shit into the story drops the level of confidence. For example, if you look at the receipt, or ask about the phone call. There is a bit of a paradox with the phone call. I think any sane man would have asked about it. But in the theme of the game, if you have high confidence, you don't question that your wife is being honest and will tell you what you need to know. Speaking from experience, a man that has that level of confidence and does not verify things are on track at home comes home to an empty house (or way worse).

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
True... THat is why there is different path.... something for everybody. I myself like the all is goog high confidance paths... it is lighter and more fun. THe dark side may produce some amazing sex though !

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Ditto I like Gina

Going down the paths I just got a bit frustrated I guess. Do the foursome on night one and Steph gets the shits. Do the threesome which Steph wants, she sends MC out to get a drink so she can have one on one time with Donny. When MC calls her on that she gets the shits and so on. About the only time she doesn't get the shits is when you tell her to dump the guy at the club but she has his number to fuck him later anyway, so she can still get her own way. The more options I play the more I dislike her. I'm definitely on team Gina's side at this stage.

Anyway, its been fun.

Reactions: Nurikabe

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Head scratching time (and again, why in the world am I discussing hypotheticals...you guys are messing with me).

Why are some of you pulling for the person with the butt-ugly eye glasses, the one who makes no secret of toying with married men and would therefore drop our MC like a rock once she makes the score?

What you have here is (maybe, possibly) a dichotomy of paths of action the two women take to arrive at the same goal... what has been termed in various circles as the glamour of self.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Head scratching time (and again, why in the world am I discussing hypotheticals...you guys are messing with me).

Why are some of you pulling for the person with the butt-ugly eye glasses, the one who makes no secret of toying with married men and would therefore drop our MC like a rock once she makes the score?

What you have here is (maybe, possibly) a dichotomy of paths of action the two women take to arrive at the same goal... what has been termed in various circles as the glamour of self.
Come on! It's fun!

The glasses, by the way, are in fact ugly. But that chick is hot! She is team MC the entire time. She even wants to spend the night with him and warn him of a certain 'Donny the Douchebag'. What is not to like? Rocking body and a total girl hardon for the MC.

Compare that to Steph who is hiding some shit, easily shits on the MC when he slightly steps over her line, fucks random douchebags at the drop of the hat, and is most certainly hiding something important from the MC. She has the nerve to tell the MC to "look out" for Gina who will likely try to subvert the relationship, all while Steph is in fact, fucking over the relationship!

Character lesson 101 is always write a likable protagonist unless you are living dangerously and going for a noir piece or a redemption arc. Unless... dum dum dum... Steph is the antagonist! Muah ha ha ha ha!

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Come on! It's fun!

The glasses, by the way, are in fact ugly. But that chick is hot! She is team MC the entire time. She even wants to spend the night with him and warn him of a certain 'Donny the Douchebag'. What is not to like? Rocking body and a total girl hardon for the MC.

Compare that to Steph who is hiding some shit, easily shits on the MC when he slightly steps over her line, fucks random douchebags at the drop of the hat, and is most certainly hiding something important from the MC. She has the nerve to tell the MC to "look out" for Gina who will likely try to subvert the relationship, all while Steph is in fact, fucking over the relationship!

Character lesson 101 is always write a likable protagonist unless you are living dangerously and going for a noir piece or a redemption arc. Unless... dum dum dum... Steph is the antagonist! Muah ha ha ha ha!
hmmm i dunno i mean i see the argument but I'm team steph here.... gina has ulterior motives from the start, and while shes forthcoming about them that doesnt absolve the shallow want to get with married men.

One of the great things about this game is steph's personality is kinda like a schrodinger's cat; she simultaneously exists as the antagonist (as you laid out the argument for) and the loving partner. And the distinction between these two is a mere difference between how the mc perceives her.

If he trusts her, it turns out she's trustworthy. If he doubts her, it turns out she's deceptive. It wasnt until I played through other routes that I even considered she had less than upstanding thoughts or motivations. If you just play the husband as a normal guy, she's very much your partner in crime the whole game (with the exception of the scene i've complained about before where she doesnt discuss, but notifies the husband there will come a time when she'll be having extramarital sex alone).

Last edited:

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
hmmm i dunno i mean i see the argument but I'm team steph here.... gina has ulterior motives from the start, and while shes forthcoming about them that doesnt absolve the shallow want to get with married men.

One of the great things about this game is steph's personality is kinda like a schrodinger's; she simultaneously exists as the antagonist (as you laid out the argument for) and the loving partner. And the distinction between these two is a mere difference between how the mc perceives her.

If he trusts her, it turns out she's trustworthy. If he doubts her, it turns out she's deceptive. It wasnt until I played through other routes that I even considered she had less than upstanding thoughts or motivations. If you just play the husband as a normal guy, she's very much your partner in crime the whole game (with the exception of the scene i've complained about before where she doesnt discuss, but notifies the husband there will come a time when she'll be having extramarital sex alone).
This is one of the things I struggle with the most when playing these games. So, is her personality all of it? Everything you can see in all the playthroughs? Or is it entirely dependent on your choices and after making that choice, she is not and cannot be that other person?

It is really painful to think about in some VNs. In this one, it almost seems like you only get the full picture if you do all the paths. But if you only play the 'high confidence' path and it ends with the couple happily swinging, then none of the other paths matter. What Steph did or didn't do on another path is irrelevant. Right? Mind fuck!

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
This is one of the things I struggle with the most when playing these games. So, is her personality all of it? Everything you can see in all the playthroughs? Or is it entirely dependent on your choices and after making that choice, she is not and cannot be that other person?

It is really painful to think about in some VNs. In this one, it almost seems like you only get the full picture if you do all the paths. But if you only play the 'high confidence' path and it ends with the couple happily swinging, then none of the other paths matter. What Steph did or didn't do on another path is irrelevant. Right? Mind fuck!
Unfortunately, (or fortunately?) , the more women I meet and interact with in the real world the more I realize how much this extends to women in reality; i.e. a woman could be cheating on you if you habitually accuse accuse her of such, and yet the exact same woman could be completely faithful and honest with you if you dont get all clingy.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Unfortunately, (or fortunately?) , the more women I meet and interact with in the real world the more I realize how much this extends to women in reality; i.e. a woman could be cheating on you if you habitually accuse accuse her of such, and yet the exact same woman could be completely faithful and honest with you if you dont get all clingy.
Accurate and can confirm personally. Unfortunately.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
(with the exception of the scene i've complained about before where she doesnt discuss, but notifies the husband there will come a time when she'll be having extramarital sex alone).
Yeah its a red flag. Steph came across as spiteful to me in that scene, and if she thinks she is missing out the first thing she will do is go find another guy to screw...

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
if anyone is checking ...see if there is any newteasers on Steam ???
none, i'm always juggling my messages as well incase the dev replied to my last messages to them

there should be another weekly update this weekend if they haven't drop the update this week

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes