3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Yeah its a red flag. Steph came across as spiteful to me in that scene, and if she thinks she is missing out the first thing she will do is go find another guy to screw...
Red flag for sure. And it completely betrays the spirit of the lifestyle they are trying to open up.
"Oh, you have a date tonight so i will call one of my regulars."
"You have had three women, so I get three men."

It is one thing for the partner to try to even up things for the other partner.
As in, "I went out last week and you stayed in. Why don't you go out this week?"
"Why don't we find a male third this weekend?"

But once tallies start being kept and one of the partners is worried about keeping it even it gets ugly. Or worse, like the Steph makes it seem, it is retaliation for him getting laid.
"I'm not going to sit at home waiting while you fuck Tori."

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
hmmm i dunno i mean i see the argument but I'm team steph here.... gina has ulterior motives from the start, and while shes forthcoming about them that doesnt absolve the shallow want to get with married men.

One of the great things about this game is steph's personality is kinda like a schrodinger's cat; she simultaneously exists as the antagonist (as you laid out the argument for) and the loving partner. And the distinction between these two is a mere difference between how the mc perceives her.

If he trusts her, it turns out she's trustworthy. If he doubts her, it turns out she's deceptive. It wasnt until I played through other routes that I even considered she had less than upstanding thoughts or motivations. If you just play the husband as a normal guy, she's very much your partner in crime the whole game (with the exception of the scene i've complained about before where she doesnt discuss, but notifies the husband there will come a time when she'll be having extramarital sex alone).
i'm with johny on steph side as well,
especially i bet johny also read the new line of end_2
that the dev already put inside the last update for a new game over screen,
basically if we play it right she'll be our partner in crime with the only exception that one mystery of "who is she calling that morning"
but that also depend if we want to talk about it or just ignore it

because in any confidence she always on the phone when we woke up,
just different dialogue and tone for different path
(on the train route it's specifically mentioned as donny on script so that one is easy, even without reading the script)

the problem is we know all of it because we play a different route and even have different choices we picked in the bar conversation,
i don't think all of us has the exact same choices on the bar convo from the beginning to end

so i wanna see how the dev gonna tackle the different outcomes from this tbh

there's also a moment where if u started the game reading the receipt
even on high confidence MC will even have an inner monologue about Paul on club night if i remember correctly at one point (my memory is hazy on this one, too many saves to keep up lol)

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I am open to being completely wrong about Steph. I hope I am. I want nothing more than for this visual novel to end with a happy couple enjoying swinging —together.

There are just too many things that, from the very beginning on my first playthrough, made the hairs on my neck stand up and often ask, "What the fuck did she just say?"

After Anne (Tac) and Natalie (A Couple's Duet), I don't have any tolerance for the wife lying (and probably a whole lot of personal baggage here). It is hard for me to see how you can be an open and honest, in love couple in an open relationship with secrets and lies. I am probably being too harsh on Steph. I hope so.

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
I am open to being completely wrong about Steph. I hope I am. I want nothing more than for this visual novel to end with a happy couple enjoying swinging —together.

There are just too many things that, from the very beginning on my first playthrough, made the hairs on my neck stand up and often ask, "What the fuck did she just say?"

After Anne (Tac) and Natalie (A Couple's Duet), I don't have any tolerance for the wife lying (and probably a whole lot of personal baggage here). It is hard for me to see how you can be an open and honest, in love couple in an open relationship with secrets and lies. I am probably being too harsh on Steph. I hope so.
i don't know if u ever play a game called secret care cafe,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

basically i'm fine with that situation since in the end it's about honesty between 2 lovers
give that a try if u haven't altho it's a grindy game tho
btw what Nicole does tho if u don't mind me asking? tbh i never got into "a couple's duet" too much

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Ditto my friend. I'm happy to be wrong. I'm a romantic and always my first choice is the couple ride off in to the sunset together in the end. So I have no problem with people being in team Steph, I'm just not there with everything going on (also personal baggage from first wife ugh). This couple is soooo not ready for any type of Open Relationship. Anyway, I'm team Gina as of now, but I admit there are some concerns there too.

Reactions: Nurikabe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
i don't know if u ever play a game called secret care cafe,

basically i'm fine with that situation since in the end it's about honesty between 2 lovers
give that a try if u haven't altho it's a grindy game tho
btw what Nicole does tho if u don't mind me asking? tbh i never got into "a couple's duet" too much
I will take a look!

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
Ditto my friend. I'm happy to be wrong. I'm a romantic and always my first choice is the couple ride off in to the sunset together in the end. So I have no problem with people being in team Steph, I'm just not there with everything going on (also personal baggage from first wife ugh). This couple is soooo not ready for any type of Open Relationship. Anyway, I'm team Gina as of now, but I admit there are some concerns there too.
i'm still haunted by the dev answer tho lol
everytime i open my steam messages that statement still lingers
like what is this? are they just teasing us?
i'm waiting for the weekly news this weekend tbh
but in case i miss, just notify me here
Remnant 2 also drop this weekend and i know i'm gonna be all over that game

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Oh dude there's your problem :LOL:

I can completely understand being jaded coming out of those two games.

On the other hand, if you came at this immediately after playing Deliverance and Life Worth Living, you might feel different.

Reactions: JetZ and Nurikabe

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Gina is not problem free. But she is open and honest about her shit from the beginning. If her evil motive is to take the MC away from Steph, she has been telegraphing it the whole time. But I don't think that is what is happening. She is intrigued by the couple and wants to see a good outcome for them, hence the advice about Douchebag Donny.

Here's to riding off in the sunset!

• Love

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Gina is not problem free. But she is open and honest about her shit from the beginning. If her evil motive is to take the MC away from Steph, she has been telegraphing it the whole time. But I don't think that is what is happening. She is intrigued by the couple and wants to see a good outcome for them, hence the advice about Douchebag Donny.

Here's to riding off in the sunset!
Yep, hit the jackpot second time around.

• Love
Reactions: Nurikabe

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
For sure, though I feel like I get crucified saying that in the game thread.

The old game was way more ntr-ish.
lol i think i've skim through that thread and also saw Grumpy Old Aussie there replying to that one guy that keep insisting the father and families are a must even on the remake

i ain't gonna touch that thread i could spit my coffee laughing all day long

• Haha
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
lol i think i've skim through that thread and also saw Grumpy Old Aussie there replying to that one guy that keep insisting the father and families are a must even on the remake

lol 'that one guy' who i know exactly who you mean, forgetting name but always writes a dissertation every afternoon.

re the latter, I'm sure it will come back - she says it point blank; something like 'I'm in control of the relationship now'.

• Haha
Reactions: JetZ

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
re the latter, I'm sure it will come back - she says it point blank; something like 'I'm in control of the relationship now'.
yeah at least we know that one ended in a game over screen,
so that one leaves that route out of the question.

you know what? i think the dev is just trying to mess with our heads and be vague with the answer tbh
since i asked them point blank and they clearly can tell that i like the Steph character so far,
they gave that answer as a way to response to my question as "you won't get ur answer....yet"
(because if they answer directly, it will basically kick the suspense of not knowing out of the room
and we the players might just not having any interest to play the game on different routes and read all the dialogues anymore)

at least that's how i think it is after re-reading their reply

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

Yeah we have butted heads a few times on a few different pages. Somehow we seem to like a few of the same games. I usually just ignore him these days, but sometimes I just can't help my grumpy old ass.

packard1928

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2018
I remember one of you guys mentioned that in the script the office reciet was with Donny. THat started off lots of conversation on Steph cheating on MC. In the game... she dosn't like the dude very much. Calls him aclown and remarks that he is not very interesting at all. So ... do you think she ( smart as she is ) would scheme and cheat with someone like that. Several in this chat think she is has a scheme cooking with Tori and Gina. One said that she mentioned the bar so if she does have a history with Donny and Gina.... she put them where she wanted to trigger the plan. Personall.... I don't think so.. But, We'll find out more in this next release.

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017
I remember one of you guys mentioned that in the script the office reciet was with Donny. THat started off lots of conversation on Steph cheating on MC. In the game... she dosn't like the dude very much. Calls him aclown and remarks that he is not very interesting at all. So ... do you think she ( smart as she is ) would scheme and cheat with someone like that. Several in this chat think she is has a scheme cooking with Tori and Gina. One said that she mentioned the bar so if she does have a history with Donny and Gina.... she put them where she wanted to trigger the plan. Personall.... I don't think so.. But, We'll find out more in this next release.
the receipt is still a mystery,
so i don't know who said it's Donny, at least i know i mentioned on "train variable route" the phone call is donny instead of the "mystery person" like on other route

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
lol 'that one guy' who i know exactly who you mean, forgetting name but always writes a dissertation every afternoon.

Ok, ok....enough with the somewhat hidden references to "that guy". If he comes over here I'm going to blow a gasket. :mad::p

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes