3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

camube

Jun 4, 2022
i just noticed from Steam news that update will be released on Saturday August 12th

Does anyone know, are the devs August 12th, Australia 12th or Los Angeles 12th usually?

JetZ do you know what timezone saturday do they usually release update?

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
i just noticed from Steam news that update will be released on Saturday August 12th

Does anyone know, are the devs August 12th, Australia 12th or Los Angeles 12th usually?

Usually for Steam it is LA time I find so I don't expect to see it until tomorrow my time.

Reactions: camube

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Who is Lord ashrem ?
Yes, he made several Walk-Throughs, among other things. More importantly, however, he was a really nice guy and friendly to everyone. In May/June he thought the cancer was beaten, but it came back with a vengeance in July. I failed to ask which one he had, but given how quick it took him down, I suspect pancreatic cancer, or maybe a glioblastoma. Regardless, very sad.

Lord Ashram's mod page

• Sad
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Steam update posted yesterday. I think most of us have seen it, but I thought I would pass it on:

We will update the game on Saturday about the time we generally do our weekly news announcement. We will have more details on the update at that time. It will include three scenes including the first visit with Tori and Jason. We've also introduced some new mechanics that can actually lead away from that scene if the MC wants. Those mechanics are part of an effort to give the player a little more control in the game.

There are several ways these scenes happen. And as we said before, we will be adding to them with smaller updates that will come out weekly. Basically, we are rounding the final stretch with the branching choice driven content and putting you in a lane for the sprint to the finish.

We had some sickness in the studio this week that was really disappointing on a number of levels (I hate getting shots). But we are back at work full time now, and the update is still on schedule for this week.

Reactions: ename144

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
1) It will include three scenes including the first visit with Tori and Jason.
2) We've also introduced some new mechanics that can actually lead away from that scene if the MC wants.
3) Those mechanics are part of an effort to give the player a little more control in the game.
Those 3 sentences together......lol.

So therefore, a player with LESS control (let's not kid ourselves, less control is synonymous with 'bad ends' in the avn sphere, you dont choose the passive option then 20 girls blow you) wouldn't be lead away from said scenes, and from the parenthetical those scenes will default to a bad end? :LOL:

Yesyes all speculation but thats what we do on this thread.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

So therefore, a player with LESS control (let's not kid ourselves, less control is synonymous with 'bad ends' in the avn sphere, you dont choose the passive option then 20 girls blow you) wouldn't be lead away from said scenes, and from the parenthetical those scenes will default to a bad end? :LOL:

Not today. Too grumpy, too much pain, no sleep, so I'm content to wait and see. Besides, had a few content let downs in the last couple of weeks, so I choose to take a wait and see approach. Or I could just be getting grumpier.

I'll drop one piece of speculation I hope for. Its nice the MC gets more choices, I hope some of them actually allow the player to put Steph in her place instead of just pandering to her bs 99% of the time. There are a few places I just want to say, "No bitch, pull ya fucking head in or there's the door." There was one menu that gives you 4 options, all of them excusing Steph for her actions. Not much choice there ugh. How is that for grumpy speculation. :cautious:

Reactions: Nurikabe

JetZ

Jan 16, 2017

usually american time, the news always on sunday past midnight on my timezone (which i believe if ur on australian timezone it should be the same)

Reactions: camube

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021

I don't think there is too much speculation in your thoughts. They follow a fairly direct path that we have been given by the devs. Our goal in the 'game' is to maintain a high confidence path to receive the intended ending. There is a medium confidence path that leads to a hotwife or voyeur path, and finally, a low confidence path that leads to the cuckold content.
Not today. Too grumpy, too much pain, no sleep, so I'm content to wait and see. Besides, had a few content let downs in the last couple of weeks, so I choose to take a wait and see approach. Or I could just be getting grumpier.

I'll drop one piece of speculation I hope for. Its nice the MC gets more choices, I hope some of them actually allow the player to put Steph in her place instead of just pandering to her bs 99% of the time. There are a few places I just want to say, "No bitch, pull ya fucking head in or there's the door." There was one menu that gives you 4 options, all of them excusing Steph for her actions. Not much choice there ugh. How is that for grumpy speculation. :cautious:
Hope you feel better soon. You have a cruise to enjoy.

It is this piece where I am most interested in seeing some changes. There were a couple of times that all the choices were ridiculously the same 'lay down and take it up the ass' when the MC should have been telling Steph to fuck off. These are the times that broke with the high, medium, and low confidence paths that have been set up and they all felt weak and full of no confidence.

That recent 'Dev Log' specified that they were giving the player the ability to steer away from the Tori content in "an effort to give the player a little more control in the game." I wonder why. The whole game has been leading up to this event. Why put in place a method to skip it? Is it because a lot of people were vocal about not liking the looks of the Tori character? Nah, that seems childish and immature to want to skip content due to not liking the way she was made. But, fine. We all know we are not dealing with entirely grown adults here. (How many parents monitor their children's Steam accounts?:rolleyes:) More importantly, however, why would the devs take the time to skip such an important event in the visual novel?

I would prefer to see attention paid to the player's choices that are similarly weak and low confidence. While my instinct is to add an option to tell Steph to fuck off, that is ultimately a game-ending choice. Instead, add choices to confront her and reign in her seemingly uncontrollable behavior and desire. There is a way to keep the story driving forward while still letting Steph know what behavior is acceptable and what is not. When it comes to player agency and changes in the game, this is where I would like to see the devs focus.

Now back to speculation, what are the titles that Tori is going to give the MC/player that will stick with us through the rest of the game? Will they be something like "Wimp" or maybe "Cuckold" or "Voyeur"? What about the high-confidence MC? Perhaps "King"? The low confidence path seems a bit more obvious to me but who knows?!

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
That recent 'Dev Log' specified that they were giving the player the ability to steer away from the Tori content in "an effort to give the player a little more control in the game." I wonder why. The whole game has been leading up to this event. Why put in place a method to skip it? Is it because a lot of people were vocal about not liking the looks of the Tori character? Nah, that seems childish and immature to want to skip content due to not liking the way she was made. But, fine. We all know we are not dealing with entirely grown adults here. (How many parents monitor their children's Steam accounts?:rolleyes:) More importantly, however, why would the devs take the time to skip such an important event in the visual novel?
You captured what I should have said in my post - it wasn't just deducing those points; it's rather strange seeing that introduced as a major event route.

Bluntly, in plain english, with the words relayed from the dev log; I hear a pure cuck event being described. Specifically, at the hands of jason and tori which will no doubt be chock full of muh bbc this and muh bbc that (as I said earlier, indeed I will apologize if I'm off base).

But that's not inherently bad - meaning many players may enjoy that. Yet, that covers a single path out of maybe 3 variants, so to hear them frame it as "also introduced some new mechanics that can actually lead away from that scene if the MC wants" - makes it sound like the former is the default, and I'm just some weirdo playing the part of those obnoxious [IS IT AVOIDABLE?!?] types.

What happened to the original game? Ya know, a fantastic game chiefly focused on a couple getting into the swinging lifestyle? If I sound presumptuous or cynical it's because not a single dev posting (that's been relayed here, thank you you 3) gives any indication to anything BUT the core emphasis of act 3 basically being an IR cuckfest. Indeed, I say that derisively yet a guy who does enjoy cuck setups occasionally as opposed to swinger, but I hate hate hate when it's shoved at you with no player agency (no, I dont mean an option to avoid it; I mean the in-game character actively takes part in direction; eg "you should fuck this guy, you should avoid this guy, and wife involves husband too-its not just physical, is she communicating with him?

All I want is just ONE dev update that doesn't strongly hint in this direction, one that would indicate a more palatable third act. Like I said, I'd love to give them money - and if the third act was merely a tonal contination of the first 2, it'd be an easy choice. But everything I've heard indicates the exact opposite.

/rant

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I don't think there is too much speculation in your thoughts. They follow a fairly direct path that we have been given by the devs. Our goal in the 'game' is to maintain a high confidence path to receive the intended ending. There is a medium confidence path that leads to a hotwife or voyeur path, and finally, a low confidence path that leads to the cuckold content.

Hope you feel better soon. You have a cruise to enjoy.

It is this piece where I am most interested in seeing some changes. There were a couple of times that all the choices were ridiculously the same 'lay down and take it up the ass' when the MC should have been telling Steph to fuck off. These are the times that broke with the high, medium, and low confidence paths that have been set up and they all felt weak and full of no confidence.

I would prefer to see attention paid to the player's choices that are similarly weak and low confidence. While my instinct is to add an option to tell Steph to fuck off, that is ultimately a game-ending choice. Instead, add choices to confront her and reign in her seemingly uncontrollable behavior and desire. There is a way to keep the story driving forward while still letting Steph know what behavior is acceptable and what is not. When it comes to player agency and changes in the game, this is where I would like to see the devs focus.

Now back to speculation, what are the titles that Tori is going to give the MC/player that will stick with us through the rest of the game? Will they be something like "Wimp" or maybe "Cuckold" or "Voyeur"? What about the high-confidence MC? Perhaps "King"? The low confidence path seems a bit more obvious to me but who knows?!
Well said as always. I was going to try to stay out of things tonight but I got a little sleep and feel much better.

A lot of the problem with player/Steph content is the confidence factor. I know the devs are very happy with it and I like the devs, great guys, so I haven't said anything, but part of the whole 'Steph' problem lies there.

So there is a frustrating tussle there between player and dev on what is confidence. There is a big clue in the intro of the game, make Steph happy is the confidence key. There is the disconnect and when MC doesn't stand up for himself and stand his ground to disrespect, that is a lack of confidence in my book, but in the game that is confidence because Steph is happy she hasn't been held to account and that is when she gets most bitchy, when MC tried to show some balls with her.. The paths are in tension and the definitions of low, medium and high confidence conflict with what I think and know confidence is.

Yes revisiting that damn phone call, MC takes a confidence hit to confront Steph, gets a confidence point for avoiding, for me confronting Steph is confidence and avoiding is a lack of confidence and I found it frustrating. If my wife is talking about our private sex life then damn right I'm going to stride in there and say what the fuck because I am confident in my boundaries and who I am and my principles that I can say to my wife that is not acceptable to talk about my private sex life to someone without my permission and hide it from me. Not telling the MC straight away is disrespectful to him and dishonest to their relationship, and her responses in the paths are unacceptable to a man who is confident within himself.

Its a reoccurring problem, MC takes hits or just 'thinks' about things he should probably do instead of showing the confidence to do them. Another example, Steph and Donny are already fucking. MC's options are ones that lack confidence. Yeah he should have intervened but instead he just 'thinks' about it. If you are a confident man you stand your ground and intervene and say to the people in your life, that is not acceptable and you throw Donny out on his ass because he has disrespected you, your wife and your marriage. You hold Steph to account because she has disrespected you and your marriage.

I think where the dev is coming from, it is confidence to be confident in and blindly trust Steph and that your relationship will survive the hits, otherwise it shows a lack of confidence to question that trust in Steph and your relationship. No, blind trust will lead to disaster. People make mistakes. Being confident in your marriage is also being vigilant to protect it and to keep each other on the right path, not to capitulate at every turn to satisfy Steph's unchecked behaviour. Steph says multiple time how she loses control and how it destroys her inside, yet for MC to protect her from herself, is low confidence. No protecting her from herself is confidence. She needs MC to be confident and stand up to her when she is out of control not be a wimp, but the game mechanic works in reverse.

One of the huge strengths of my real wife relationship is how we look out for each other. She depends on me to be watchful when we play and make sure some dick doesn't disrespect her. Like wise, she does the same. God help anyone who disrespects me, want to lose your balls (literally) then try disrespecting me to my wife. We have been through too much shit together. She knows who I am. I know who she is. We completely trust each other and watch out for each other and have the confidence to check each other when we need it. Anyway end of novel, sorry about that.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
You captured what I should have said in my post - it wasn't just deducing those points; it's rather strange seeing that introduced as a major event route.

Bluntly, in plain english, with the words relayed from the dev log; I hear a pure cuck event being described. Specifically, at the hands of jason and tori which will no doubt be chock full of muh bbc this and muh bbc that (as I said earlier, indeed I will apologize if I'm off base).

But that's not inherently bad - meaning many players may enjoy that. Yet, that covers a single path out of maybe 3 variants, so to hear them frame it as "also introduced some new mechanics that can actually lead away from that scene if the MC wants" - makes it sound like the former is the default, and I'm just some weirdo playing the part of those obnoxious [IS IT AVOIDABLE?!?] types.

What happened to the original game? Ya know, a fantastic game chiefly focused on a couple getting into the swinging lifestyle? If I sound presumptuous or cynical it's because not a single dev posting (that's been relayed here, thank you you 3) gives any indication to anything BUT the core emphasis of act 3 basically being an IR cuckfest. Indeed, I say that derisively yet a guy who does enjoy cuck setups occasionally as opposed to swinger, but I hate hate hate when it's shoved at you with no player agency (no, I dont mean an option to avoid it; I mean the in-game character actively takes part in direction; eg "you should fuck this guy, you should avoid this guy, and wife involves husband too-its not just physical, is she communicating with him?

All I want is just ONE dev update that doesn't strongly hint in this direction, one that would indicate a more palatable third act. Like I said, I'd love to give them money - and if the third act was merely a tonal contination of the first 2, it'd be an easy choice. But everything I've heard indicates the exact opposite.

/rant
When I first saw Jason I was worried this was going to be just another trashy BBC story. I was quickly given hope that the story would revolve around the MC being the dominant. Steph's attitude abruptly and rudely kicked that into the back seat. I was fine with that considering that it seemed that the couple, together, would make decisions about where they went, as long as you made the right choices guiding the story in that direction. That is really what I want and what is missing from the visual novel world is a pro-marriage, couple-dominant story that allows them to explore adventurous activities together. But the first Friday night scene with Donny destroys the idea of a happy couple acting jointly and staying together in their adventures gets upended despite choices. The tone is set and later confirmed that the couple will be adventuring, but not entirely together, unfortunately.

To me, there is nothing sexier than seeing a husband and wife that love and support each other. They are unshakeable. No outside influence could possibly alter how they feel for each other. And their focus is entirely on each other. That is the story I want to read, the story I want to be part of. I have no doubt that many of us enjoying Another Man's Wife are here because they want that kind of story.

Any story has to have some drama added. The beauty of a visual novel is that you can add choices and multiple paths. You can write a path that works out perfectly and one that blows up the faces of the couple. I would not say that it is going perfectly. But I am happy that there is content on both sides. The biggest decisive moments are coming in the update later today. So, we shall see.

Well said as always. I was going to try to stay out of things tonight but I got a little sleep and feel much better.

A lot of the problem with player/Steph content is the confidence factor. I know the devs are very happy with it and I like the devs, great guys, so I haven't said anything, but part of the whole 'Steph' problem lies there.

So there is a frustrating tussle there between player and dev on what is confidence. There is a big clue in the intro of the game, make Steph happy is the confidence key. There is the disconnect and when MC doesn't stand up for himself and stand his ground to disrespect, that is a lack of confidence in my book, but in the game that is confidence because Steph is happy she hasn't been held to account and that is when she gets most bitchy, when MC tried to show some balls with her.. The paths are in tension and the definitions of low, medium and high confidence conflict with what I think and know confidence is.

Yes revisiting that damn phone call, MC takes a confidence hit to confront Steph, gets a confidence point for avoiding, for me confronting Steph is confidence and avoiding is a lack of confidence and I found it frustrating. If my wife is talking about our private sex life then damn right I'm going to stride in there and say what the fuck because I am confident in my boundaries and who I am and my principles that I can say to my wife that is not acceptable to talk about my private sex life to someone without my permission and hide it from me. Not telling the MC straight away is disrespectful to him and dishonest to their relationship, and her responses in the paths are unacceptable to a man who is confident within himself.

Its a reoccurring problem, MC takes hits or just 'thinks' about things he should probably do instead of showing the confidence to do them. Another example, Steph and Donny are already fucking. MC's options are ones that lack confidence. Yeah he should have intervened but instead he just 'thinks' about it. If you are a confident man you stand your ground and intervene and say to the people in your life, that is not acceptable and you throw Donny out on his ass because he has disrespected you, your wife and your marriage. You hold Steph to account because she has disrespected you and your marriage.

I think where the dev is coming from, it is confidence to be confident in and blindly trust Steph and that your relationship will survive the hits, otherwise it shows a lack of confidence to question that trust in Steph and your relationship. No, blind trust will lead to disaster. People make mistakes. Being confident in your marriage is also being vigilant to protect it and to keep each other on the right path, not to capitulate at every turn to satisfy Steph's unchecked behaviour. Steph says multiple time how she loses control and how it destroys her inside, yet for MC to protect her from herself, is low confidence. No protecting her from herself is confidence. She needs MC to be confident and stand up to her when she is out of control not be a wimp, but the game mechanic works in reverse.
There are some counterintuitive aspects of the confidence variable in this game. You highlighted them perfectly there. More importantly, I think you highlighted how an emotionally intelligent couple would handle those situations. They would be vigilant in maintaining communication and satisfaction between them. They would protect each other from dangerous outside influences by saying "No!" to any potential partner or any activity that crosses the boundaries they have set up in advance.

The problem with the confidence variable, as I see it, is that caveat added to the description, "don't piss off Steph too badly." If it were just making a decision between bold and weak should be simple and obvious — but not always. Even more difficult is trying to decide what would piss Steph off. Does confronting her make her angry even though it would be the decision of a confident man? Would pointing out that she went overboard make her angry or indicate that you are being a vigilant, loving, protecting husband (or better yet pointing it out when she is doing it before the damage is done)? I think this is where we are having the most problems.

I am not sure if this is fixable or if it is something that we must just come to understand and accept how the dev is using it. Sure, the choices are not choices we would make. Nor are they the decisions that an emotionally intelligent couple who are successfully navigating their relationship and lifestyle would likely make. But it is what the game uses as the mechanic. There will be a walkthrough mod that makes the choices clearer in the future, I am sure. Although, I believe a game should not need a walkthrough. Choices and consequences should follow a well-thought-out, well-told story, even if it is challenging.

I believe the devs are truly invested in telling a terrific story. They seem to put a lot of effort into releasing a good story from the beginning and correcting areas that need improvement as they arise. I am excited to see the update and where the story goes from here while sharing the concerns that you've both shared. That being said, if Jason has a BBC and Steph goes insane and acts like a ridiculous slut that loses her mind over it, I will have a very different opinion of this game (similar to what happened in the game Make Me Happy).

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
When I first saw Jason I was worried this was going to be just another trashy BBC story. I was quickly given hope that the story would revolve around the MC being the dominant. Steph's attitude abruptly and rudely kicked that into the back seat. I was fine with that considering that it seemed that the couple, together, would make decisions about where they went, as long as you made the right choices guiding the story in that direction. That is really what I want and what is missing from the visual novel world is a pro-marriage, couple-dominant story that allows them to explore adventurous activities together. But the first Friday night scene with Donny destroys the idea of a happy couple acting jointly and staying together in their adventures gets upended despite choices. The tone is set and later confirmed that the couple will be adventuring, but not entirely together, unfortunately.

To me, there is nothing sexier than seeing a husband and wife that love and support each other. They are unshakeable. No outside influence could possibly alter how they feel for each other. And their focus is entirely on each other. That is the story I want to read, the story I want to be part of. I have no doubt that many of us enjoying Another Man's Wife are here because they want that kind of story.

Any story has to have some drama added. The beauty of a visual novel is that you can add choices and multiple paths. You can write a path that works out perfectly and one that blows up the faces of the couple. I would not say that it is going perfectly. But I am happy that there is content on both sides. The biggest decisive moments are coming in the update later today. So, we shall see.

There are some counterintuitive aspects of the confidence variable in this game. You highlighted them perfectly there. More importantly, I think you highlighted how an emotionally intelligent couple would handle those situations. They would be vigilant in maintaining communication and satisfaction between them. They would protect each other from dangerous outside influences by saying "No!" to any potential partner or any activity that crosses the boundaries they have set up in advance.

The problem with the confidence variable, as I see it, is that caveat added to the description, "don't piss off Steph too badly." If it were just making a decision between bold and weak should be simple and obvious — but not always. Even more difficult is trying to decide what would piss Steph off. Does confronting her make her angry even though it would be the decision of a confident man? Would pointing out that she went overboard make her angry or indicate that you are being a vigilant, loving, protecting husband (or better yet pointing it out when she is doing it before the damage is done)? I think this is where we are having the most problems.

I am not sure if this is fixable or if it is something that we must just come to understand and accept how the dev is using it. Sure, the choices are not choices we would make. Nor are they the decisions that an emotionally intelligent couple who are successfully navigating their relationship and lifestyle would likely make. But it is what the game uses as the mechanic. There will be a walkthrough mod that makes the choices clearer in the future, I am sure. Although, I believe a game should not need a walkthrough. Choices and consequences should follow a well-thought-out, well-told story, even if it is challenging.

I believe the devs are truly invested in telling a terrific story. They seem to put a lot of effort into releasing a good story from the beginning and correcting areas that need improvement as they arise. I am excited to see the update and where the story goes from here while sharing the concerns that you've both shared. That being said, if Jason has a BBC and Steph goes insane and acts like a ridiculous slut that loses her mind over it, I will have a very different opinion of this game (similar to what happened in the game Make Me Happy).
Spot on mate, spot on.
The Steam screenshots tend to support your last paragraph. Tori's words and the guy in the pool and Steph saying "Oh, definitely pleasure". It seems he might be the BBC she will lose her mind over.

AssRider

Jul 4, 2017
I'll take a deeper dive into this game tomorrow, after the update and hope to contribute (I preffer the cheaper Steam approach, rather than Patreon). However, at a first glance, unless the action takes place on a beach and there's lots of sand involved, the game lacks nylon content :D.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie
3.90 star(s) 31 Votes