3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well said as always. I was going to try to stay out of things tonight but I got a little sleep and feel much better.

A lot of the problem with player/Steph content is the confidence factor. I know the devs are very happy with it and I like the devs, great guys, so I haven't said anything, but part of the whole 'Steph' problem lies there.

So there is a frustrating tussle there between player and dev on what is confidence. There is a big clue in the intro of the game, make Steph happy is the confidence key. There is the disconnect and when MC doesn't stand up for himself and stand his ground to disrespect, that is a lack of confidence in my book, but in the game that is confidence because Steph is happy she hasn't been held to account and that is when she gets most bitchy, when MC tried to show some balls with her.. The paths are in tension and the definitions of low, medium and high confidence conflict with what I think and know confidence is.

Yes revisiting that damn phone call, MC takes a confidence hit to confront Steph, gets a confidence point for avoiding, for me confronting Steph is confidence and avoiding is a lack of confidence and I found it frustrating. If my wife is talking about our private sex life then damn right I'm going to stride in there and say what the fuck because I am confident in my boundaries and who I am and my principles that I can say to my wife that is not acceptable to talk about my private sex life to someone without my permission and hide it from me. Not telling the MC straight away is disrespectful to him and dishonest to their relationship, and her responses in the paths are unacceptable to a man who is confident within himself.

Its a reoccurring problem, MC takes hits or just 'thinks' about things he should probably do instead of showing the confidence to do them. Another example, Steph and Donny are already fucking. MC's options are ones that lack confidence. Yeah he should have intervened but instead he just 'thinks' about it. If you are a confident man you stand your ground and intervene and say to the people in your life, that is not acceptable and you throw Donny out on his ass because he has disrespected you, your wife and your marriage. You hold Steph to account because she has disrespected you and your marriage.

I think where the dev is coming from, it is confidence to be confident in and blindly trust Steph and that your relationship will survive the hits, otherwise it shows a lack of confidence to question that trust in Steph and your relationship. No, blind trust will lead to disaster. People make mistakes. Being confident in your marriage is also being vigilant to protect it and to keep each other on the right path, not to capitulate at every turn to satisfy Steph's unchecked behaviour. Steph says multiple time how she loses control and how it destroys her inside, yet for MC to protect her from herself, is low confidence. No protecting her from herself is confidence. She needs MC to be confident and stand up to her when she is out of control not be a wimp, but the game mechanic works in reverse.

One of the huge strengths of my real wife relationship is how we look out for each other. She depends on me to be watchful when we play and make sure some dick doesn't disrespect her. Like wise, she does the same. God help anyone who disrespects me, want to lose your balls (literally) then try disrespecting me to my wife. We have been through too much shit together. She knows who I am. I know who she is. We completely trust each other and watch out for each other and have the confidence to check each other when we need it. Anyway end of novel, sorry about that.
Deliberately or not, the devs seem to have conflated confidence with trust in Steph. I think that was a questionable decision if Steph is intended to "drive us mad" throughout the game. As you say, it winds up making the MC look obsequious or naive rather than self-assured.

We'll see if they've managed to course correct soon enough, I suppose.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
update is out and it is around 1GB :love:

Changelog:

Today we are updating the game to version 1.06. Let’s get right to what we are featuring in this update.

• Replaced two more of the older animations from earlier scenes.

• Added a new animation in the Friday night scenes. (Hint, you have to have Gina to see the new stuff.)

• Added three major content scenes.

• Added three new animated scenes.

• Introduced game mechanics to give the player more influence over Steph’s choices.

With version 1.06 we fully introduce another major character, Tori. The wife and the object of desire will now be in the same room. What could go wrong? This update significantly increases our story content, adds several new and exciting scenes and also gives us the framework to add a lot of interludes with the characters already in the story. Some questions are answered, but more are raised as you dig into not only what is happening in your love life, but the strange things Jason noticed happening at work.

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Wake UP! It's out!
View attachment 2846658

heh...just kidding ;)
I'm awake I'm awake. My giant ass cat generously let me have 4hrs before waking me up for his breakfast. I need a new cat.

Deliberately or not, the devs seem to have conflated confidence with trust in Steph. I think that was a questionable decision if Steph is intended to "drive us mad" throughout the game. As you say, it winds up making the MC look obsequious or naive rather than self-assured.

We'll see if they've managed to course correct soon enough, I suppose.
It does. We will see what's up in the update. I can't play a lot this morning as I have incoming grandchildren, but I'll have a quick look.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Someone, anyone, who has their ear over on Steam...have them convert those 3+ MB png files to webm. The game is needlessly bloated. And no, I'm not hurting for bandwidth as I have unlimited gigafiber. There are others who don't, however.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
No update only Patch. Files from folders were moved to a different folder (different name) that means I need to copy all of them over that would've made the patch over 4.5GB big.

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

Led

Jul 16, 2017
Another Man's Wife [v1.06] [Too Perilous]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:

- - PIXELDRAIN

Mac:

- -
PIXELDRAIN
Awesome! Thanks! The game file of, originally, 5.9 GB is a tiny bit too much, imo.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes