3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Just for fun I decided to convert a couple of JPEG animation loops into webm. The 2 SxD kneeling BJ before the foursome on the bed. Gallery scene "SxDxGxE". The converted webms has the same "framerate".

The raw JPEGs for each animation totaled around 20MB each. The webm versions are 2MB each using CRF10 quality. The resulting visual is very close to the JPEG animation, almost indistinguishable when not examined closely.

The game has about 6 image folders for animations totalling about 4GB. This would be about 400MB converted to webms bringing the total game closer to 1.5GB in size.

I am attaching the files for folks to try it out.
Extract and copy the files to the "game" directory.
If you use my walkthrough mod, remove the mod file. The test file supersedes it.

Last edited:

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Just for fun I decided to convert a couple of JPEG animation loops into webm. The 2 SxD kneeling BJ before the foursome on the bed. Gallery scene "SxDxGxE". The converted webms has the same "framerate".

The raw JPEGs for each animation totaled around 20MB each. The webm versions are 2MB each using CRF10 quality. The resulting visual is very close to the JPEG animation, almost indistinguishable when not examined closely.

The game has about 6 image folders for animations totalling about 4GB. This would be about 400MB converted to webms bringing the total game closer to 1.5GB in size.

I am attaching the files for folks to try it out.
Extract and copy the files to the "game" directory.
If you use my walkthrough mod, remove the mod file. The test file supersedes it.
Yeah the game assets are needlessly bloated. I've posted about it a couple of times already, but the devs aren't here, so....

Given the access to various tools that would make their production both easier and better, I often wonder just where some of these folks learned their craft. Just how much research was put into doing what needs to be done to make the game efficient in size and function. I have come to the conclusion that the majority (almost all) of peeps making their first game need another few months of research, prep and practice. But I think what stands in their way are greed and impatience. Many start out thinking this will be an easy buck to make, but when things bog down they lose motivation because their expectations were too high. (U)nrealistic expectations X (R)eality = (D)isappointment.

Regardless, thanks.

Reactions: fox1one

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Yeah the game assets are needlessly bloated. I've posted about it a couple of times already, but the devs aren't here, so....

Given the access to various tools that would make their production both easier and better, I often wonder just where some of these folks learned their craft. Just how much research was put into doing what needs to be done to make the game efficient in size and function. I have come to the conclusion that the majority (almost all) of peeps making their first game need another few months of research, prep and practice. But I think what stands in their way are greed and impatience. Many start out thinking this will be an easy buck to make, but when things bog down they lose motivation because their expectations were too high. (U)nrealistic expectations X (R)eality = (D)isappointment.

Regardless, thanks.
In the run up to 1.06 I recall seeing posts on Steam about game size and the devs responded they were working on slimming it down for the 1.06 release. I was a bit disappointed it didn't happen after a few updates, especially when I thought that replacing animations meant they were also going the video route.

So I decided to give it a try to see how much time it would take and whether the quality would suffer. Turns out not much time at all once you have all the renders. In fact generating the video file probably takes less time than coding the animation loop using jpegs. And with the right encoder settings you can get pretty close to JPEGs while drastically reducing file size. Using it in the actual script remains practically the same, just declaring it a video instead of a picture.

All said, I am glad this game gave me the motivation to try all these things - feature creation, video encoding, scripting etc. - in renpy and learning before hunkering down to create my own game.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
In the run up to 1.06 I recall seeing posts on Steam about game size and the devs responded they were working on slimming it down for the 1.06 release. I was a bit disappointed it didn't happen after a few updates, especially when I thought that replacing animations meant they were also going the video route.

So I decided to give it a try to see how much time it would take and whether the quality would suffer. Turns out not much time at all once you have all the renders. In fact generating the video file probably takes less time than coding the animation loop using jpegs. And with the right encoder settings you can get pretty close to JPEGs while drastically reducing file size. Using it in the actual script remains practically the same, just declaring it a video instead of a picture.

All said, I am glad this game gave me the motivation to try all these things - feature creation, video encoding, scripting etc. - in renpy and learning before hunkering down to create my own game.
learning a bunch of basic ffmpeg commands and making batch files for them has paid dividends for me in tons of applications, i keep a folder of stuff like
Code:
@echo off

SET /p startMinutes=Enter Start Time Minutes?

SET /p startSeconds=Enter Start Time Seconds?

SET /p EndMinutes=Enter End Time Minutes?

SET /p endSeconds=Enter End Time Seconds?

start "" /W c:\ffmpg\bin\ffmpeg.exe -ss 00:%startMinutes%:%startSeconds% -to 00:%endMinutes%:%endSeconds% -i input.mp4 output.mp4
also the basic image2 filter aint bad for jpg to mp4:

ffmpeg -f image2 -i /path/to/file/image%3d.jpg output.mp4

It's also light years faster than doing stuff in vlc.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
That is fair enough. I get why you want that for a full sensual experience. I'd expect that in a game or movie experience but I don't want that for my VNs. I see VNs as akin to a graphic novel/comic not a game/movie. I have read about 80 VNS now and the only VN I haven't turned off the sound because it distracted me from the story was Ocean's Summers Gone. That is just my preference.

I agree four to six releases a year is a good idea. It would give us a lot less to talk about and speculate on though :ROFLMAO:
I was just going to add that Summer's Gone and Leap of Faith were the only VNs I have not muted before starting. There are so many VNs that I just click through the horrible text or miserable grammar. When an animation comes up, it stops the flow and I have to wait for it to load. Then usually have to scroll back because I was clicking and it advanced too far. If 'skip animations' were a choice in the preferences, I would use it.

That is not to say that I have not seen some incredible use of animations and even transitions. It is just rare; again Summer's Gone comes to mind. I certainly won't fault a dev for putting an animation in though.

Talktothehand

Feb 27, 2021
In Android version, The game gets stuck where Jason fucks Steph and Tori asks if MC is enjoying this.

Just checking if anyone else facing the same.

Thanks

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Heads up! I'll be AFK for a while as I take a detox bath.

View attachment 2888707

Pr0GamerJohnny will be handling my phone calls while I'm gone.

:p
Looks fantastic.

There is an animation update coming tonight (my time) apparently. I'll be up all night watching the cricket in South Africa, Australia v South Africa, so I will probably have a look at the Gina animation when it drops. Otherwise, not much interest for me this update which is fine, hopefully some story development next time.

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AnotherMansWife-1.06h
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Dom Toretto

Apr 17, 2020
I'm guessing getting the android link to 1.06 is impossible since me and others have asked for it since the update came out

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Looks fantastic.

There is an animation update coming tonight (my time) apparently. I'll be up all night watching the cricket in South Africa, Australia v South Africa, so I will probably have a look at the Gina animation when it drops. Otherwise, not much interest for me this update which is fine, hopefully some story development next time.
All Gina scenes animated or just the bj in the kitchen or 4some with wife and other guy?

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
All Gina scenes animated or just the bj in the kitchen or 4some with wife and other guy?
The devs said "We will patch again this coming Wednesday with some new animations but no new content. Gina is getting some love right now. We will update at least one of her Friday night animations on the couch."

That is all we know until the update drops. The rest of the animations are Jason/Steph which I don't care about.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes