3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
No Steam update for me but I'm not expecting one until the end of next week at the earliest.
I have been trying to figure out what the update was about. My Steam app keeps crashing though and I have not figured it out yet.

Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
I have been trying to figure out what the update was about. My Steam app keeps crashing though and I have not figured it out yet.

Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As far as I know those have not been fixed as I just reported them a couple of days ago and another one later in that Steam thread. I just restarted Steam and did not get an update. What version is your update?

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
As far as I know those have not been fixed as I just reported them a couple of days ago and another one later in that Steam thread. I just restarted Steam and did not get an update. What version is your update?
v1.06j and the game folder was updated as of 9/15/2023.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
v1.06j and the game folder was updated as of 9/15/2023.
v1.06j came out last week around 9/6 I believe. This is probably Steam thinking something wrong with your install and decided to redownload some files. When I relaunch Steam just now I got a small update for a game I bought recently but was released 4 years ago.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
1694881348347.png

Looks like no update coming soon for the bugs but they are reworking Friday flow again. I think I will finish my revised walkthrough mod for the current version so that it is in place for the next update.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
View attachment 2934858

Looks like no update coming soon for the bugs but they are reworking Friday flow again. I think I will finish my revised walkthrough mod for the current version so that it is in place for the next update.
Is it just me or is this like the 5th consecutive update with no real new meat to it?

"revised earlier scenes"
"revised demo scenes"
"adjusted friday scenes"
"changed expressions here and there"

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Is it just me or is this like the 5th consecutive update with no real new meat to it?

"revised earlier scenes"
"revised demo scenes"
"adjusted friday scenes"
Lol. Put it that way it does seem nothing is progressing. Made worst I think by having the Tori/Jason segment only partly done. I am still willing to chalk this up to early access and at least the Devs are putting out these weekly progress reports.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
View attachment 2934858

Messing with Friday night again? It is their game but messing with the part people loved about the game may not be the best course of actions but whatever. I just put Steph leaving the bar as a beginner mistake like the starting early with Donnie etc. One of the things I loved about this game, mistakes were made, the couple hashed it out later. The two things that did bug me about the Friday night was Steph's blatant lie so she could have one on one time with Donnie but then that is part of Steph's bullshit and why I don't trust her. The other was MC thinking things and the player not being able to act on those thoughts but is forced in to other 'confidence' options.

Reactions: m4pII

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

"revised earlier scenes"
"revised demo scenes"
"adjusted friday scenes"
You would think after the disaster of 1.06 they would want to move past Tori/Jason, but they seem to be proud of their BBC moment. It has had more time spent on it than any other scene and I say that because of the animations given to it compared to the other scenes.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
I and some other users had already expressed doubts about some initial choices, I believe that these doubts also came to the creator, not because of the criticism, but because he too realized something was wrong.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
After reading the notes, it looks like they are still cleaning up. It is warranted. There are still a lot of loose ends after moving major pieces of the story around. Sure, I would love to see some new content, but getting the beginning right before moving forward is a good move. I would hope I would have the clarity to do the same. Once the first section is clean it should make the updates smooth sailing ahead.

It is always a battle in my head, understanding that I am viewing a rough draft versus wanting to know what happens next and have it flow like a finished product. As of now, there are conversations that just do not make sense and actions that do not logically follow choices made by the player. The Dev Log sounds like they are correcting those errors and improving continuity in both script and renders. No doubt, they are anxious to move forward. Maybe not as much as us horny (and hopeful) players!

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
After reading the notes, it looks like they are still cleaning up. It is warranted. There are still a lot of loose ends after moving major pieces of the story around. Sure, I would love to see some new content, but getting the beginning right before moving forward is a good move. I would hope I would have the clarity to do the same. Once the first section is clean it should make the updates smooth sailing ahead.

It is always a battle in my head, understanding that I am viewing a rough draft versus wanting to know what happens next and have it flow like a finished product. As of now, there are conversations that just do not make sense and actions that do not logically follow choices made by the player. The Dev Log sounds like they are correcting those errors and improving continuity in both script and renders. No doubt, they are anxious to move forward. Maybe not as much as us horny (and hopeful) players!

I don't want to be presumptuous, on the contrary I praise the creators who keep us entertained, but it is also normal that when something is wrong, it must be said, not to destroy the product, but to ensure that it can be improved as far as possible, now from external I wonder, why don't they put everything on paper, a nice story outline and then elaborate it and finally create the product, it would be more linear and simple, and they don't always have to redo the work, due to bugs, sometimes they make 1 one step forward and then 2 steps back.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes