3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
My thought is that in my opinion, there were maybe a little too many expectations from the creators, being a buyer of the game on Steam, I can say that they received quite a few complaints, including yours truly, but I also reiterated that I could still change the my guess if things improved but i'm even more disappointed after they released the feed on the next patch, i'm sure they had very good intentions about the game but maybe they got too carried away in the beginning, they started off too much with a bang, and then they no longer found the thread, too many initial clues, too many strange attitudes from Jason and Sthep, to then realize that the whole discussion had been studied at the table, perhaps barring some drawbacks. but, the new bar, Sthep doing all that talking and feeling offended that her husband asks for certain things, and then being what she is, a Wife created too robotically in the game, and other characters too devious.
I agree. The games started with Steph as this cool and exciting wife and things happened and it was done well even the fuck ups were included that can be made by couples entering the lifestyle. That was all awesome. I was blown away. Then suddenly Steph is this erratic antagonist over night and seems the entire Friday night and 3some thing, is all bullshit. With the way the ''confidence'' mechanic works, that is partly responsible for Steph's erratic bi-polar BS, but even on high confidence all the way she is still an intolerable character.

I am not sure about that in totality... her being a villan. I some paths she is controlling ... but I still see her committed to her husband, All be it he is along for the ride. But, she still wants him involved. Unless he goes off by himself. Then she get to do the same .. Not sure why she kept him out of the time with Gina in the morning... I like everyone has ideas about her but not sure any of us are right. It kinda makes it fun.
Yep speculation is fun.

You highlight one of the problems with the story going ahead for me.
Steph loves to be in control and has no problem keeping MC out of the loop when it suits her. She says other wise but her actions and words don't match up. Tori has certainly indicated MC will be regularly left out of their games. And it is why the original 106 update had a backlash, the player is left out and disrespected. We don't matter. We are just a side piece in the story. No thanks, I want to be in the story playing the game, not out in the bleachers missing half the game.

I'm going to drop the cynical bomb here and posit the following:

After reading the latest update, if this story ends as quickly as implied, then off to succeeding branches, will they charge for each one as a new game? BTW, what do they charge for this over on STEAM?

Although I try to give many of these devs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to releases and have never complained in any thread about "milking", it is obvious is a few cases that's exactly what's going on. I'll be curious if this game is on the cusp of a wave of AVNs that will employ this method (ie, small-sized 'games' in a series) to rake in more moolah. Can't say that I blame them, but if successful, will likely see more of this.
The devs did say on Steam they need to make money off the games so you are probably right, chapters passed off as independent games to tell one VN. This was less than $10 AUD so they aren't making anything of this game at this point but they will later on. I can live with that model in VNs if it doesn't become blatant price gouging.

Just a thought abnout Steph big secret. What if this is not something from her past but something she want to have happen. Maybe Tori story about the 5 guys is a Steph desire also. Maybe she wants to be in a gangbang ???
Well Tori and MC raised the gangbang issue and MC says lets not do that yet so we know its going to end up there at some stage in one of the games ahead and that just doesn't do anything for me. A heap of animations of Steph fucking a train of guys boring as all shit, some people want that and that is fine for them. For me that crosses the line from erotic enhancement of a relationship to humiliation of a relationship, not my thing.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I enjoy short games that are "to the point." As long as the story makes sense, is entertaining, and does not feel like it is just a way to charge for the next game and the next...

I am open to seeing these characters in a new setting. The story, while it hasn't gone where I thought/desired, is done well and comes from a mature, adult place.

The game is not expensive on Steam. If they had a Patreon, I would've contributed. There are many other games that are being developed that I subscribe to. I have certainly paid the developers of those games far more than I would ever spend on a AAA studio game. So, spending a few dollars for a short, entertaining, mature game like this is worth it. Even if it wasn't what I thought.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
I agree. The games started with Steph as this cool and exciting wife and things happened and it was done well even the fuck ups were included that can be made by couples entering the lifestyle. That was all awesome. I was blown away. Then suddenly Steph is this erratic antagonist over night and seems the entire Friday night and 3some thing, is all bullshit. With the way the ''confidence'' mechanic works, that is partly responsible for Steph's erratic bi-polar BS, but even on high confidence all the way she is still an intolerable character.

Yep speculation is fun.

You highlight one of the problems with the story going ahead for me.
Steph loves to be in control and has no problem keeping MC out of the loop when it suits her. She says other wise but her actions and words don't match up. Tori has certainly indicated MC will be regularly left out of their games. And it is why the original 106 update had a backlash, the player is left out and disrespected. We don't matter. We are just a side piece in the story. No thanks, I want to be in the story playing the game, not out in the bleachers missing half the game.

The devs did say on Steam they need to make money off the games so you are probably right, chapters passed off as independent games to tell one VN. This was less than $10 AUD so they aren't making anything of this game at this point but they will later on. I can live with that model in VNs if it doesn't become blatant price gouging.

Well Tori and MC raised the gangbang issue and MC says lets not do that yet so we know its going to end up there at some stage in one of the games ahead and that just doesn't do anything for me. A heap of animations of Steph fucking a train of guys boring as all shit, some people want that and that is fine for them. For me that crosses the line from erotic enhancement of a relationship to humiliation of a relationship, not my thing.

Thank you for more or less sharing my thoughts, I repeat I don't like shooting at things just for the sake of it, I play and replay first, I'm a long-time gamer, on PC, console etc. imagine that even the great triple AAA titles on the normal market have story flaws etc, and those cost you, they don't expect perfection, they are games to have fun about sex, but I believe that precisely because you create a story, then you should create it in a more accurately, in my opinion many of the creators make the same mistake in games with complex stories, they create episodes one by one, instead of creating a complete draft for them, then developing it. but my thoughts

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I enjoy short games that are "to the point." As long as the story makes sense, is entertaining, and does not feel like it is just a way to charge for the next game and the next...

I am open to seeing these characters in a new setting. The story, while it hasn't gone where I thought/desired, is done well and comes from a mature, adult place.

The game is not expensive on Steam. If they had a Patreon, I would've contributed. There are many other games that are being developed that I subscribe to. I have certainly paid the developers of those games far more than I would ever spend on a AAA studio game. So, spending a few dollars for a short, entertaining, mature game like this is worth it. Even if it wasn't what I thought.
I'd agree 5 bucks is a pretty reasonable price point which pre-empts any cries from me of them milking poor saps for cash, hell they could even go up to 10 and I'd feel the same (I hope they dont read here lol)

Point is - even buying 3 of these games would be under 30-40 bucks, which is unfortunately a very common amount one would pay to be a sub of many games over the period of a major update (~6-8 months @ say 5 bucks/mo)

pjw7326

Oct 16, 2018
pretty early on when you go to the shop , the game needs a better way to find the coofee and cinnamon rolls area , either move the circle higher next to the part where the pancakes , toilet paper etc is or when go down the aisle past Amber there is a right turn that goes to the coffee area as well . maybe the creater can add i another update

PeggyBlackett

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I'll be heading over to the "Compression Requests" thread - but this game is 5.2G for the initial release!
Several folks have posted about it, including myself (x2). But the devs don't come here and there's not much we can do about it. Sooner or later someone on STEAM will get through to them and maybe they'll use less archaic codecs to create their CG.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I'll be heading over to the "Compression Requests" thread - but this game is 5.2G for the initial release!
It has been mentioned on steam. The devs are aware of it and did do some compression with the files. It isn't as big as it was. The work is ongoing apparently. Where it will end up who knows. Still ask, someone might be able to compress it a lot more.

D2taA

Oct 24, 2020
I know you feel deceived and scammed. I'm holding out until the big reveal and see if these devs can come up with some miracle reveal to justify this chaos. I encourage you to hang in there for another couple of weeks with us and see how it goes. Lets give them the chance.
You'll be holding for a while, man's is right. This guy was scammed by the wife. Guys talking bout it got something to do with Chuck , no it don't. Chuck my pop up but that won't change she's scammed the husband to open marriage up. She might have done it so she can fuck Chuck, but as for the game so far is her just manipulating husband to think it was his ideal for open marriage.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
You'll be holding for a while, man's is right. This guy was scammed by the wife. Guys talking bout it got something to do with Chuck , no it don't. Chuck my pop up but that won't change she's scammed the husband to open marriage up. She might have done it so she can fuck Chuck, but as for the game so far is her just manipulating husband to think it was his ideal for open marriage.
I suspect you are right. Steph's so-called "Big Reveal" will verify it for sure.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
Can I ask why in your opinion Sthep needed all this drama to fuck Chuck, when she can do it easily being that she travels and is a manager, I find all this farce to fuck someone too much, in my opinion it's more of a mental game than him created Tori.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
I am beginning to wonder if working on the walkthrough mod is detriment to my enjoyment of the game. Recently reported 2 Amber bugs to the dev and now hard to resist to just rework the structure of the script to make it flow better and less prone to game logic errors.

On one hand a cleaner structure would make mod development easier and opens up ability to make a walkthrough with options for different routes.

On the other hand it would be basically an unpaid developer for the game and also break my principle of mod not overwriting game files.

All right, coming down from my soapbox and back to unpaid development :LOL:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Can I ask why in your opinion Sthep needed all this drama to fuck Chuck, when she can do it easily being that she travels and is a manager, I find all this farce to fuck someone too much, in my opinion it's more of a mental game than him created Tori.
That is the $6million question isn't it. This 'secret' must a be a doozy. I had theories but the only one that still seems relevant is Steph has psychological issues.

My other working theory is based on what the devs said their plan with Steph was, to drive us crazy but not drive us away. In trying to do just that, they have lost control of their own creation. Three confidence levels means they are trying to write one story with three different levels of 'crazy' Steph. Its gotten messy and the story convoluted.

I am beginning to wonder if working on the walkthrough mod is detriment to my enjoyment of the game. Recently reported 2 Amber bugs to the dev and now hard to resist to just rework the structure of the script to make it flow better and less prone to game logic errors.

On one hand a cleaner structure would make mod development easier and opens up ability to make a walkthrough with options for different routes.

On the other hand it would be basically an unpaid developer for the game and also break my principle of mod not overwriting game files.

All right, coming down from my soapbox and back to unpaid development :LOL:
I started looking at the script coding early on just because I loved the game at first and wanted to explore. I also had a little fun modding and I started finding all sorts of pieces of code here and there that weren't part of the game. It was a bit messy for sure.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
That is the $6million question isn't it. This 'secret' must a be a doozy. I had theories but the only one that still seems relevant is Steph has psychological issues.

My other working theory is based on what the devs said their plan with Steph was, to drive us crazy but not drive us away. In trying to do just that, they have lost control of their own creation. Three confidence levels means they are trying to write one story with three different levels of 'crazy' Steph. Its gotten messy and the story convoluted.

I started looking at the script coding early on just because I loved the game at first and wanted to explore. I also had a little fun modding and I started finding all sorts of pieces of code here and there that weren't part of the game. It was a bit messy for sure.
I agree with you both the story and code is messy.

I came into this game late v1.05 and really liked the simple mechanic of 3 confidence levels and resulting 3 routes.

If they stuck to their guns and structured the code from the start to support that it would have made for a consistent game and characterization for each route.

Then something happened leading up to 1.06. Code got even messier that took some time to clean up. Micro mechanics were introduced that now split each confidence level into a few more routes with one or 2 choices suddenly making Steph’s personality wildly different.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
I agree with you both the story and code is messy.

I came into this game late v1.05 and really liked the simple mechanic of 3 confidence levels and resulting 3 routes.

If they stuck to their guns and structured the code from the start to support that it would have made for a consistent game and characterization for each route.

Then something happened leading up to 1.06. Code got even messier that took some time to clean up. Micro mechanics were introduced that now split each confidence level into a few more routes with one or 2 choices suddenly making Steph’s personality wildly different.
1.06 is the bane of my existence as far as this game goes and the devs too probably :LOL:. I don't get the reason for the micro mechanics. The devs were proud of their confidence mechanic and said it work well, so why mess with it if that was the case?

I agree with the confidence mechanic in theory, I don't agree with how they applied it in some cases, I think a few times they got it wrong adding to the erratic Steph behaviour. The way they applied it at times led to significant missed plot opportunities in the story, but that is a different conversation.

After 1.06 and the backlash that caused the Tori/Jason rewrite, they felt the need to go back and start altering parts of the story and adding bits and pieces like the "chuck" scene. It has been messy for sure.

Reactions: asahibito

Dom Toretto

Apr 17, 2020
It's a damn shame someone can't come up with a android link for this new update so the rest of the fans can enjoy the game and take part in the discussion

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
I believe that the game was shortened because too many criticisms on Steam, the creators perhaps had a good idea of the game, but in practice, they made mistakes, which today they pay for with a downsized game.

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes