Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
There are flaws in that logic. Try to spot them. Also perhaps consider the possibility that the problem is your end after all? If you cannot do that, the high horse isn't really an overstatement. Anyway, blaming and 1 star rating others isn't gonna solve your problem. Others have been trying to help you if you are willing to expand your logic so please try.

Also it might just be the universe telling that the game's not for you.
738 to 1 is not flawed logic, it is mathematical, simple base 10 math and the solve was to use an external program so yes if not fixed in later versions that will impact the review when it is written.

Modjoc00l

Nov 10, 2020
738 to 1 is not flawed logic, it is mathematical, simple base 10 math and the solve was to use an external program so yes if not fixed in later versions that will impact the review when it is written.
Just a dumb idea, but your screenshot shows that your gamefolder has a # in its name, which isn't standard in there when you extract it.
Which means you must have added it.

I don't know how bugfree newer operating systems and software are, but an hash sign is a special symbol in machine code. If i remember correctly its a blank space or "null" command, which could possible interfere with running that executable because of the incorrect filepath...

Try renaming the folder without the # and see if it runs...
Perhaps we get lucky...

edit:
and still using torrent?
You shouldn't do this...since like...10years ago or so...

• Angry
Reactions: Kripke

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
couldn't open this game. :cry:
If your antivirus is incorrectly removing the Apartment69.exe executable (which it shouldn't), then go into its quarantine settings and ask it to restore that file + add that file into its Exception list so that it doesn't delete it again.

Reactions: pgm_01

Jememoi

Mar 16, 2018
Anyone else stuck on Evelyn's progression? I'm supposed to meet her in her room at Day, but nothing happens. (0.03 with Improvements Mod and the patch)

Reactions: Budman59

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Anyone else stuck on Evelyn's progression? I'm supposed to meet her in her room at Day, but nothing happens. (0.03 with Improvements Mod and the patch)
Whenever you have an issue :
Step 1 Try WITHOUT any mod
If still broken
Step 2 clean the old version entirely off your PC and try a fresh install (The renpy folder for the game in {Drive letter}:\users\{username}\appdata\roaming should be cleared to be certain)

jospaghettio

Donor
Feb 13, 2019
Regarding Evelyn, there were a couple of lines removed from the 0.03 files that breaks the progression. In 0.02 for her room scripts (game\scripts\locations\home\evelynroom\screen.rpy),line 20-21 read:

Python:
        elif evelyn_level == 2 and eve_event2_trigger_day < time.day_count():
            imagebutton auto "gui/event_btn/eve_event_%s.png" align (0.5, 1.0) action Jump("home_evelynroom_events")
that line is missing from version 0.03 and is what stops progression. I built a little patch where I just added this line back in and it works fine. Just overlay the game folder in the attached zip over the files in the Apartment69 folder.
While your fix seems to work for players having progression problems in the Eve story, this line(script) is NOT missing from the original 0.3. The Windows version of the game as released by Luxee on Patreon which I used contained the correct script.

Last edited:

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
can someone tell my why my win defender find a trojan after unzip?
because apartment69 32bit thats inside my folder
Ren'Py's latest 32-bit builds have reputation issues with antivirus engines sometimes, but they are false alarms. You should be trying to play the main (64-bit) .exe, anyway. Regardless, both are safe.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes