BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Nea Doesn't Die

OK guys, so I ended up having the spare time to do this today.

Reminder is to decompress this in the same folder as where Apartment69.exe is located.
And of course to play it correctly you need to start the Nea Memory after you both go back to the MC's place after meeting with her in the park.

This is just for the v0.06 release.
In this unofficial version she ends up in considerable anger. Not surprising, as the whole attitude of the MC during the game is aimed at romance with Nea, a reasonable reaction from my point of view and one that fits the spirit of the game better than making her jump off the roof. I like this much more (even if you don't end up having a friendship with her) than the original. Great mod. (y) (y)

It was clear to me that romance with Nea wasn't going to happen in my game and I would have preferred to be able to choose from the beginning to accept Nea as friend and to abandon all the pastry and romance with her. The only thing that I didn't like too much about her path is that the MC showed feelings that I was clear that I wasn't going to develop when the time came.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Ashram

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
In this unofficial version she ends up in considerable anger. Not surprising, as the whole attitude of the MC during the game is aimed at romance with Nea, a reasonable reaction from my point of view and one that fits the spirit of the game better than making her jump off the roof. I like this much more (even if you don't end up having a friendship with her) than the original. Great mod. (y) (y)

It was clear to me that romance with Nea wasn't going to happen in my game and I would have preferred to be able to choose from the beginning to accept Nea as friend and to abandon all the pastry and romance with her. The only thing that I didn't like too much about her path is that the MC showed feelings that I was clear that I wasn't going to develop when the time came.
So what now? she's just pissed off and avoids him now? Probably a more realistic outcome, but after the other day's conversation we had here about the rise in suicides among trans people, I wouldn't know what would be the more plausible outcome.

So, instead of jumping, she avoids him and she's out of the game, but not dead, so at least that's better than what actually happened. I am very curious though to see how 0.07 handles this if she takes the "roof" route.

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
So what now? she's just pissed off and avoids him now? Probably a more realistic outcome, but after the other day's conversation we had here about the rise in suicides among trans people, I wouldn't know what would be the more plausible outcome.

So, instead of jumping, she avoids him and she's out of the game, but not dead, so at least that's better than what actually happened. I am very curious though to see how 0.07 handles this if she takes the "roof" route.
I guess she's better alive than dead. I'm not going to say if it's more or less realistic, but a statistic is just that, and a person may or may not fit the statistic.

Boomer Raver

Nov 26, 2018
For the next time, could you upload it to another download manager like Mediafire or Zippyshare, please??

Thanks in advance. :D (y)

KingFuzzy

Aug 3, 2018
so i have finally finished nea's route (for now)... and gotta say it leaves a bad taste no matter which you choose. not because she is trans, so just getting that outa the way right now. It is because (as discussed numerous times now) if you do not pursue a relationship she kills herself, however on the other hand if you do pursue it the mc becomes this lynch-pin or keystone that Nea's life and future essentially depends on, which in itself is not healthy for a relationship of any kind.

and something i could not help but thinking about with the mc if they do not pursue a relationship, what is stopping them from going up to the roof anyways and just saying "i am your friend and i will always be your friend, you have nothing to worry about i do not hate you for what happened."? it does not show that the mc spent even longer at the store than the romance path one that got lost in a fantasy and tried to french some fruit.

idk, personally i think both paths could have been handled a bit better now that i actually got to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm_01 and BlasKyau

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Worst possible piece of advice: ”I am so useless there are countless like me”
No shit, asshole, you better be the one and only, ”cause you fkking are my one and only!
so i have finally finished nea's route (for now)... and gotta say it leaves a bad taste no matter which you choose. not because she is trans, so just getting that outa the way right now. It is because (as discussed numerous times now) if you do not pursue a relationship she kills herself, however on the other hand if you do pursue it the mc becomes this lynch-pin or keystone that Nea's life and future essentially depends on, which in itself is not healthy for a relationship of any kind.

and something i could not help but thinking about with the mc if they do not pursue a relationship, what is stopping them from going up to the roof anyways and just saying "i am your friend and i will always be your friend, you have nothing to worry about i do not hate you for what happened."? it does not show that the mc spent even longer at the store than the romance path one that got lost in a fantasy and tried to french some fruit.

idk, personally i think both paths could have been handled a bit better now that i actually got to it.
I think the MC address that point a little bit during the love path

View attachment 1538235

View attachment 1538236
View attachment 1538237
View attachment 1538239

man...reading this again makes me a little bit emotional :cry:
You have got to believe there are countless girls who begin relationships ”cause they owe
someone ... that is how good or bad people get to have relationships:
they help / scheme / con a girl into thinking they owe him, then she becomes his GF.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018

I'm not going to comment on the romance option because I haven't seen it.

Actually, when you play the game, all of the MC's thoughts and actions are directed towards romance with Nea. Rejecting her doesn't dovetail with his previous thoughts and actions. In any case, it was clear to me that I was going to rule out romance, so the MC's previous attitude doesn't square well with the later decision. Thus it can be understood that she either reacts by jumping or getting angry with the MC. I think that the option of making her jump is a way, consciously or not, of making those of us who reject her feel bad. I don't know if by including it, the developer thought that this way more people would opt for the romance option or if he just thought it was the most logical option from his point of view.

I think it would have been more in line with the friendship decision to let the player choose whether the MC's reactions were directed towards romance or friendship from the beginning. As it was written it was clear that the Dev's option was romance (I think the Dev has assumed that everyone who chose to see Nea's route would want a romance with her) The non-romance route seems intended for those who did not want her in the game from the beginning.

In any case the option to reject her could have been executed in a less drastic and better way from my point of view.

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
My opinion about Nea:

She's definitly one of the most beautiful girls in VN (regardless of her gender).
Her story has a touch of realism which sets her apart from many other characters in VN.
Her beeing a pervert isn't something new in VN but combined with her beeing shy and cute while also beeing a genuine friend to the MC makes her one of my favourite characters in VN.
Her beeing trans is the center of her struggle which makes the character real.
The interactions with the MC have been beautiful as they showed how much they cared for each other and they portreyed the MC in a positive and realistic light.
I admit that she was portrayed a bit over the top when it comes to her perverted nature but she's honestly tame in comparison to other girls in this and the majority of other erotic games.

As she's the center of the game other characters fall short in the story. (I would for example like more content with the big sister)
However wasting so much time complaining about her character when you could've just used your precious time to play a trans-free game doesn't get in my head.

As for her the scene where she threatens to commit suicide:
She experienced years of beeing bullied because she did something similar in school.
Her thinking that the only person in her corner could end their friendship is definitly realistic and her reaction as well.
(as the MC from her pov fled the scene in disgust)
I can understand when some people would've liked an outcome where they just stay friends.
But her and the MCs reactions didn't feel out of place to me.
But honestly would she actually believe that the MC would be genuine or would she suspect, that the MC only did this because he doesn't want her blood on his hands?
She would think imo that the rest of their friendship is based on that guilt which would've driven her to commit suicide agin eventually.

(I haven't played the outcome where he doesn't save her and I definitly won't change that)

Ideally there should be a few scenes before that event in which the MC could make it clear to Nea that he just views her as a friend.
This would prevent this dillema alltogether and Nea could just appear here and there as a background character or as a setpiece for other lewd scenes (like the subscriber scene with his little sister)
But then the heart of the game would've been lost...

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
My opinion about Nea:

She's definitly one of the most beautiful girls in VN (regardless of her gender).
Her story has a touch of realism which sets her apart from many other characters in VN.
Her beeing a pervert isn't something new in VN but combined with her beeing shy and cute while also beeing a genuine friend to the MC makes her one of my favourite characters in VN.
Her beeing trans is the center of her struggle which makes the character real.
The interactions with the MC have been beautiful as they showed how much they cared for each other and they portreyed the MC in a positive and realistic light.
I admit that she was portrayed a bit over the top when it comes to her perverted nature but she's honestly tame in comparison to other girls in this and the majority of other erotic games.

As she's the center of the game other characters fall short in the story. (I would for example like more content with the big sister)
However wasting so much time complaining about her character when you could've just used your precious time to play a trans-free game doesn't get in my head.

As for her the scene where she threatens to commit suicide:
She experienced years of beeing bullied because she did something similar in school.
Her thinking that the only person in her corner could end their friendship is definitly realistic and her reaction as well.
(as the MC from her pov fled the scene in disgust)
I can understand when some people would've liked an outcome where they just stay friends.
But her and the MCs reactions didn't feel out of place to me.
But honestly would she actually believe that the MC would be genuine or would she suspect, that the MC only did this because he doesn't want her blood on his hands?
She would think imo that the rest of their friendship is based on that guilt which would've driven her to commit suicide agin eventually.

(I haven't played the outcome where he doesn't save her and I definitly won't change that)

Ideally there should be a few scenes before that event in which the MC could make it clear to Nea that he just views her as a friend.
This would prevent this dillema alltogether and Nea could just appear here and there as a background character or as a setpiece for other lewd scenes (like the subscriber scene with his little sister)
But then the heart of the game would've been lost...
I personally think it's frustrating how Nea ends if you decide not to continue the romance. The dialogue that appears after choosing not to follow the romance makes it clear that something bad has happened, and the subsequent scene with Nea only includes one sentence: "Oh, yeah... I forgot." The possibility of friendship doesn't seem likely. In the game it isn't said directly what has happened, nor does it show anything, but it isn't difficult to interpret that she's no longer a character in the game.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I personally think it's frustrating how Nea ends if you decide not to continue the romance. The dialogue that appears after choosing not to follow the romance makes it clear that something bad has happened, and the subsequent scene with Nea only includes one sentence: "Oh, yeah... I forgot." The possibility of friendship doesn't seem likely. In the game it isn't said directly what has happened, nor does it show anything, but it isn't difficult to interpret that she's no longer a character in the game.
I replayed it this morning (the whole game, did Nea first)

It just convinced me that much more that she did what she did. I mean, since her route is the centerpiece of many others, I was thinking the others would've commented or said something to the MC if the player did the route first, then went around to every other girl.

I guess that'll come later in the update. But seriously, I more than believe now if you took that choice over wanting to be with Nea choice while you're in the market, she did what she did, and that's that.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Well for those not wanting the Nea Romance Path but still want some piece of mind that she didn't kill herself, there is always my mod.

Anyways, for me it's time to move onto the next game I am working on (plus the ones I know that are getting released this weekend for me to mod) until the next update of this game.

I try to use the Inline Spoiler for those new to the game and looking for help but don't want major plot points given to them (even though I make Walkthrough mods that mildly do this, lol).

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Nea Doesn't Die

Reminder is to decompress this in the same folder as where Apartment69.exe is located.
And of course to play it correctly you need to start the Nea Memory after you both go back to the MC's place after meeting with her in the park.

Trying this out now

Reactions: Lord Ashram

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Nea Doesn't Die

Trying this out now
She's PISSED!!!!!

Better than Squished. Either way, if people want her gone, that, or the roof ledge jump does it

But I'm going to stick to "canon" if that happens to be the alternative

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I replayed it this morning (the whole game, did Nea first)

It just convinced me that much more that she did what she did. I mean, since her route is the centerpiece of many others, I was thinking the others would've commented or said something to the MC if the player did the route first, then went around to every other girl.

I guess that'll come later in the update. But seriously, I more than believe now if you took that choice over wanting to be with Nea choice while you're in the market, she did what she did, and that's that.
It's a shame, but it's what it is, and we are going to have to continue the game with it.

She's PISSED!!!!!

Better than Squished. Either way, if people want her gone, that, or the roof ledge jump does it

But I'm going to stick to "canon" if that happens to be the alternative
Certainly better the mod than the original. But the canonical event remains that she was killed by jumping into the ground from the roof.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
It's a shame, but it's what it is, and we are going to have to continue the game with it.

Certainly better the mod than the original. But the canonical event remains that she was killed by jumping into the ground from the roof.
Yeah I'm sticking with the canon. It's dark and morbid I know, but if that's how Luxee wants it, I'm going to stick with the official version of it.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes