BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Yeah I'm sticking with the canon. It's dark and morbid I know, but if that's how Luxee wants it, I'm going to stick with the official version of it.
Actually, even though I have played the mod, as I have played the original before, nothing is going to prevent me from having the feeling that what has actually happened is what luxee has written. If I had only played with the mod...

The mod is appreciated, but the feelings are hard to change.

Reactions: Lord Ashram

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Actually, even though I have played the mod, as I have played the original before, nothing is going to prevent me from having the feeling that what has actually happened is what luxee has written. If I had only played with the mod...

The mod is appreciated, but the feelings are hard to change.
Agreed. We saw what we saw and read what we read. No mod is going to change that.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Only sorta until the end but IMO ends much better than having her jump.
It would have been better if Luxee incorporated that with a render of Nea doing this with her back to the MC:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah, that's more of a Nicole/Heather thing though. :LOL:

But yeah, I'm going to it the way it is. I've seen all the variations. Sticking with the canon one

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
not sure whether this is the result of that alternative Lain Mod or something in the game itself. I was doing step 5 of Ms Scott (the sexting in the night event) where she mentioned having gotten undressed in front of Seki...

Either this happened in a version pre 0.6 or am I missing a trigger... my memory is like... "huh, what did I have for breakfast this morning?"
So, did that happen in a previous update or did I take a wrong turn someplace in the 0.6 release...
It was a scene in 0.05 as part of Alicia's reworked route

I have Lain's mod too, but have never had an issue with it.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Sooo either I managed to bug something out, or I'm not understanding something... The Lain Mod tells me I have 3 more scenes (at least three girls) yet to do, but I never have anything. I've tried going where the mod tells me at time of the day it tells me, I've tried just checking randomly at any time of the day... Nothing. I don't even have the little dot telling me there's something to do.
Am I just dumb ?

FaceCrap

Oct 1, 2020
But yeah, I'm going to it the way it is. I've seen all the variations. Sticking with the canon one
Unless the Lain mod added those alternative renders (following the romance path) how can you say Nea doing that is the canonical version? Since the images for the alternate variation are there, it can't be canon, just depending on player's choice... right?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
First news I have of the latest (I knew something had happened, but not what it could be). I suppose you know this for choosing option 1 and not 2.

Certainly it's an abrupt end for Nea. A shame, but I still haven't interest in starting a romance with her.
Well, that's the fate of many trans youth who feel they are condemned, rejected at every turn for who they are. It's not a surprise given Nea's family environment. A very logical consequence of turning one's back on someone in crisis.
most who like trans girls are too insecure to admit it... so, they lash out.
Are you sure you're not projecting there? In my experience, people who are uncomfortable with trans persons are the ones most likely to make a scene trying to justify their decisions.

Reactions: KnightOwlSC

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
At 6:30 - 7 AM this morning with my coffee, I did an honest, open-minded run with Nea and nobody else, even posted about it (see below)

It was a very well written route, and it did get emotional when he was trying to coax her off the ledge.

Here's the link to the post this morning:

https://f95zone.to/threads/apartment-69-v0-06-luxee.18630/page-214#post-7088263
Thanks for sharing that. The only thing I'd correct is referring to it as her orientation. It's her identity. It has also been found that trans individuals actually have brain structures more like their identity than their assigned gender--Nea having a female brain in a male body is her dysphoria, and without support, the turmoil just gets worse.
that's saying exactly what I said with different words...
Oh! Now I understand. Those who find themselves in their own bit of mental dysphoria. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
IS this even a discussion? She wants to live with you.
Whether you string her along or not, whether you approve or not,
survival is more important that the petty issues of whether she goes down on you or not.
Have a heart. Whatever it takes, save her!
Where has all the humanity just up and left all of a sudden?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Alright let's look at this from a real life point of view...

Would someone really want to jump if they felt the person they loved denied them? I mean, obviously she had a connection with the MC, but if this were real life, would they take that extreme step instead of just going about living their lives?

If what happened, happened, she obviously took the more extreme solution and completely felt unloved and inferior, and was desperate enough to not feel any more pain in her life; from her father, mother, people at school, the MC, whoever else. Was she that much at the end of her chain that the MC was her other true shot at love and happiness, to the point where if he denied her, she'd take the plunge?

Does her decision mirror real life at all and the possibility of what could or would happen?
Yes, the rate of suicide among trans youth is appalling. Without feeling someone is in their corner, many choose to end the pain that way. Many have called suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem, but the problem looks pretty permanent to trans youth in crisis.

From an article in Forbes:

The survey is based on the experiences of nearly 35,000 LGBTQ youth, ages 13–24 across the United States, from October to December 2020, according to Green.

An alarming 42% of LGBTQ youth seriously considered attempting suicide in the past year. That number includes more than half of transgender and nonbinary youth who took part in the survey. For white youth, 12% attempted suicide, compared to 31% of Native/Indigenous youth, 21% of Black youth, 21% of multiracial youth, 18% of Latinx youth, and 12% of Asian/Pacific Islander youth.

That just counts those who attempted or considered it, not those who actually died. Another study said between 22 and 43% of trans individuals have attempted suicide at some point in their lives. Trans individuals are 2x more likely to attempt suicide than those who are Lesbian, Gay, or Bisexual.

So yeah, Nea's bad ending is all too common.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
exactly. no problem. this trans woman breaks it down pretty damn well:
I follow Contrapoints. I thought she had a video about male confusion, but I don't see it on her page.
Without naming names, my therapist shared some of the stories of her trans clients (I do feel that she felt I was on the cusp of feeling that my own gender dysphoria was serious enough to transition). Most were youth going through similar struggles as Nea. One was an older woman who has gone through all the surgeries and is afraid to tell her husband that she started out with a male body. She has a fear that he will reject her if he were to find out. Sad situation, living in fear of being discovered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Nea is dealing with extremes ... she is bullied by some asshole looking to molest her also.

She could not have a life even if she ”skirted” the male wardrobe,
”cause she would still be bully fodder. Being bullied is not any better, let me tell ya!

Wearing a skirt would deffinitly escalate any and all animosity.

She might think she has little to nothing to live for, which from any outside look,
would be pretty much on point to her actual situation.

MC is in her corner. You take him out also ...

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
Without naming names, my therapist shared some of the stories of her trans clients (I do feel that she felt I was on the cusp of feeling that my own gender dysphoria was serious enough to transition). Most were youth going through similar struggles as Nea. One was an older woman who has gone through all the surgeries and is afraid to tell her husband that she started out with a male body. She has a fear that he will reject her if he were to find out. Sad situation, living in fear of being discovered.
can't say I wasn't much better in the past. sex games opened my eyes and made me thing about things.

Ghostface Reborn

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2018
I follow Contrapoints. I thought she had a video about male confusion, but I don't see it on her page.
honestly, they need to be taught that it's okay to be unique and embrace it. I've noticed such girls are happier where most post ops regret srs and some post ops have nothing but contempt for those who are comfortable.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Exactly. I mean yeah there's been feedback and backlash about Nea (I've been one of them, not going to lie) but even I feel guilty about what happened. Not something I wanted, expected, or thought about AT.ALL.
That might be why Luxee put the bad ending in the game--to show a bit of the real challenge trans youth still go through.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes