KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
IS this even a discussion? She wants to live with you.
Whether you string her along or not, whether you approve or not,
survival is more important that the petty issues of whether she goes down on you or not.
Have a heart. Whatever it takes, save her!
Where has all the humanity just up and left all of a sudden?
50% of people have no humanity..

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
IS this even a discussion? She wants to live with you.
Whether you string her along or not, whether you approve or not,
survival is more important that the petty issues of whether she goes down on you or not.
Have a heart. Whatever it takes, save her!
Where has all the humanity just up and left all of a sudden?
Except if someone uses the threat of suicide to get you to date them or even just have sex with them, that's pretty awful. I follow one woman on Tik-Tok who repeatedly had that happen to her by at least one ex, and I suspect her experience isn't all that rare. It's emotional blackmail and manipulation. Maybe it's not Nea herself directly sending that message in the game (I can't recall if she ever says or implies it), but the game definitely sends it as written now. The MC should be able to act as a friend and ally of Nea, with their support being enough to make that difference in Nea's struggle. That would be a much better message to send.

Obviously, as has been well determined in this thread and what many of us already knew, the suicide rate for trans youth is insanely high. It's awesome that Luxee is touching upon that issue in the game and it seems to be opening some eyes here. But to tie it to a story where Nea's life depends on whether the MC is willing to have sex with her or at least be romantically involved with her undoes a lot of the good done by the story. There's still some vagueness with the story and the entire game is still a work in progress, so perhaps in the long run some of this will be proven wrong or changed. We'll just have to see.

Reactions: menhir_

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
Except if someone uses the threat of suicide to get you to date them or even just have sex with them, that's pretty awful. I follow one woman on Tik-Tok who repeatedly had that happen to her by at least one ex, and I suspect her experience isn't all that rare. It's emotional blackmail and manipulation. Maybe it's not Nea herself directly sending that message in the game (I can't recall if she ever says or implies it), but the game definitely sends it as written now. The MC should be able to act as a friend and ally of Nea, with their support being enough to make that difference in Nea's struggle. That would be a much better message to send.

Obviously, as has been well determined in this thread and what many of us already knew, the suicide rate for trans youth is insanely high. It's awesome that Luxee is touching upon that issue in the game and it seems to be opening some eyes here. But to tie it to a story where Nea's life depends on whether the MC is willing to have sex with her or at least be romantically involved with her undoes a lot of the good done by the story. There's still some vagueness with the story and the entire game is still a work in progress, so perhaps in the long run some of this will be proven wrong or changed. We'll just have to see.
it would be pretty f*cked up if it turned out that Nea would threaten the MC to do this...
And that's exactly why I don't believe that that's the case here!
She would've actually killed herself and she would never blackmail the MC considering that every bit of initiative in that relationship came from the MC (apart from her beeing a pervert)
Her whole world revolves around the MC and she proved that she would never try to hurt the MC in any shape or form.
And considering that it could've very well happened that she kills herself if the MC was a minute to late even if the MC realized he's into her should be enough prove that Nea is just a cute, innocent, slightly perverted girl in a body which doesn't represent her inner self.
You had 3 choices:
1. Ignore her in the beginning (and considering how hard she was beeing bullied means suicide is highly likely)
2. Decide you don't want to be in a relationship with her when she's in a highly emotional state --> suicide
2.5. Mod (as far as I understood the comments about it) --> she's angry with him but considering her only emotional support in her life is now missing --> eventual suicide likely
3. Be in a relationship with her --> happy end

Now the beeing a friend choice is missing - however considering that MC treated her as such up until this point probably means that Luxee considers her only having those outcomes.
Could she have found happiness with the MC only seeing her as a friend? - Probably
But in real life there are many what ifs and many suicides which could've been prevented if circumstances where different.
Maybe that's what Luxee was trying to tell us!
Do we have the guts to play a game which from the very start makes it clear, that a trans-person is a very central figure and we still decide to only be friends with her then we have this wonderful girl on our conscions who's only fault was beeing born with the wrong gender.
It is cruel that the choice of just beeing a friend is taken but sometimes life can be cruel - heck it's cruel most of the time with whole countries sentencing LGBTQ-People to death if they're found out or forcing woman to cover themselves out of their homes or countries actively persuing genocide while the whole world watches and does nothing.

... well this became dark
But honestly I don't know what Luxees plan and idea was/is.
I just thought that Nea was cute and wanted to do everything so that her shitty life could've been a little better.

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
BTW I had this weird dream where Nea was beeing kidnapped by cyborgs from the future.
Her asshole friend (Kyle I believe) turned out to be trans as well and was kidnapped as well only he was kidnapped right after he spilled Neas secret accidentally.
MC and his sisters go on a road trip to try find and resque Nea.
Eve somehow was able to track Neas phone so they had a lead at least.
Nea meanwhile makes ammends with her former former friend and together they succesfully found a way to contact the MC and after a showdown where the very fabric of time and space has been threatened Nea is finally resqued while her former former friend sacrificed herself so that the cyborgs wouldn't get her.

I guess I somehow blended the stories of "Savior", "Apartment 69" and "How to fix the future" together.

Reactions: Dragon59

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I think the friend route might of been removed because it would of been even more work to do for Nea as there would of had to of been 2 routes for them one where they're friends and one where they're lovers and many already say that too much is being done with them just think what they would think if they had to do twice as much content for them each update. There's 9 main characters 2 side characters and 1 other to do content for as well.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think the friend route might of been removed because it would of been even more work to do for Nea as there would of had to of been 2 routes for them one where they're friends and one where they're lovers and many already say that too much is being done with them just think what they would think if they had to do twice as much content for them each update. There's 9 main characters 2 side characters and 1 other to do content for as well.
I really don't think that follows. A friend route could share a lot with a romance route except with the more romantic scenes cut out. A route with no Nea at all though? That's going to require any scenes with the other girls that would include her to be completely rewritten. I'd expect it would take far more work.

Reactions: menhir_

buttato

Nov 30, 2017
Did the correct version get uploaded? The one I got from workupload shows 0.05 on the bottom right of the screen and there doesn't seem to be any new content.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
it would be pretty f*cked up if it turned out that Nea would threaten the MC to do this...
She would've actually killed herself and she would never blackmail the MC considering that every bit of initiative in that relationship came from the MC (apart from her beeing a pervert)
Her whole world revolves around the MC and she proved that she would never try to hurt the MC in any shape or form.
And considering that it could've very well happened that she kills herself if the MC was a minute to late even if the MC realized he's into her should be enough prove that Nea is just a cute, innocent, slightly perverted girl in a body which doesn't represent her inner self.
You had 3 choices:
1. Ignore her in the beginning (and considering how hard she was beeing bullied means suicide is highly likely)
2. Decide you don't want to be in a relationship with her when she's in a highly emotional state --> suicide
2.5. Mod (as far as I understood the comments about it) --> she's angry with him but considering her only emotional support in her life is now missing --> eventual suicide likely

Now the beeing a friend choice is missing - however considering that MC treated her as such up until this point probably means that Luxee considers her only having those outcomes.
Could she have found happiness with the MC only seeing her as a friend? - Probably
But in real life there are many what ifs and many suicides which could've been prevented if circumstances where different.
Do we have the guts to play a game which from the very start makes it clear, that a trans-person is a very central figure and we still decide to only be friends with her then we have this wonderful girl on our conscions who's only fault was beeing born with the wrong gender.
It is cruel that the choice of just beeing a friend is taken but sometimes life can be cruel - heck it's cruel most of the time with whole countries sentencing LGBTQ-People to death if they're found out or forcing woman to cover themselves out of their homes or countries actively persuing genocide while the whole world watches and does nothing.

I just thought that Nea was cute and wanted to do everything so that her shitty life could've been a little better.
Personally I think it's a shame, but I'm going to follow version 2.0 (jump from the roof). I find the Mod more pleasant (she gets angry with the MC and leaves). But having already seen the "official" version, I don't feel that the other could be (I'll follow what Luxee wants to say in this story)

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Personally I think it's a shame, but I'm going to follow version 2.0 (jump from the roof). I find the Mod more pleasant (she gets angry with the MC and leaves). But having already seen the "official" version, I don't feel that the other could be (I'll follow what Luxee wants to say in this story)
Yeah I don't want the mod version. I'd rather have Luxee's view of the whole thing.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I do want her in my bed, having someone to snuggle to falling asleep is awesome!
Yeah I don't want the mod version. I'd rather have Luxee's view of the whole thing.
Why twart a beautiful future together when we got so many
friends with benefits movies to watch together every other night?

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I do want her in my bed, having someone to snuggle to falling asleep is awesome!

Why twart a beautiful future together when we got so many
friends with benefits movies to watch together every other night?
Well she was never my main focus anyway, and I wouldn't have done the FWB thing with her. I usually fully ignore her route anyway, but I gave it an honest go and was pleasantly surprised, that is, well, until she took a nosedive from the roof.

Had to step away from the game after that, and went to PL to do my Forbidden route run. It stuck with me most of the day though, that I will admit.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
You had 3 choices:

I never followed the Nea dialog enough to know if that she did explicitly say it. I'd be surprised if it was actually outright said, although it could very well have been hinted at. But that's kind of the message that the game teaches us. You rejected the romantic relationship with her. Now she's dead, and it's your fault, because if you would have just forced yourself to be more involved with them, they'd still be alive. That's kind of an unfair place to put the player. It would be a fair option if they actively took place in the bullying, or led Nea along and then dumped them cruelly. Or if the implication is that Nea was going to kill herself as a default option, then the platonic friendship option should be in the game, with zero sex or romance in it, and have that also be enough for save Nea. That would be the better lesson here.

Kudos to Luxee for getting us to talk this much about the plight of trans youth and suicide and related issues. But at the same time, I think the actual handling of it in the game, where the only way to save Nea is to date them- regardless of the player's tastes and desires- isn't good. It's not like every trans person out there needs someone to have sex with them or date them in order to survive. They need understanding, and compassion, and to be treated like normal human beings. Not as something broken, but also not just as sex objects either or people obsessed with sex themselves.

Damien8d

May 22, 2021
I never followed the Nea dialog enough to know if that she did explicitly say it. I'd be surprised if it was actually outright said, although it could very well have been hinted at. But that's kind of the message that the game teaches us. You rejected the romantic relationship with her. Now she's dead, and it's your fault, because if you would have just forced yourself to be more involved with them, they'd still be alive. That's kind of an unfair place to put the player. It would be a fair option if they actively took place in the bullying, or led Nea along and then dumped them cruelly. Or if the implication is that Nea was going to kill herself as a default option, then the platonic friendship option should be in the game, with zero sex or romance in it, and have that also be enough for save Nea. That would be the better lesson here.

Kudos to Luxee for getting us to talk this much about the plight of trans youth and suicide and related issues. But at the same time, I think the actual handling of it in the game, where the only way to save Nea is to date them- regardless of the player's tastes and desires- isn't good. It's not like every trans person out there needs someone to have sex with them or date them in order to survive. They need understanding, and compassion, and to be treated like normal human beings. Not as something broken, but also not just as sex objects either or people obsessed with sex themselves.
I wouldn't say fault per se - at least for the character of the MC.
It's more of a case of "survivors guilt"
If you follow the path where you reject Nea then you're not the one who pushed her over the edge and you couldn't have possibly known that Nea would end up commiting suicide.
However the knowledge that he could've done something beforehand like for example making it clear that he only sees her as a friend or simply if he didn't invite her to his home will remain on his conscionsness forever.
In hindsight he will realise, that her whole life was dependent on him.
He was the only positive influence in her life in the last 6 years of her life and that her grip on life was shaky at best.
No! the bullies, her parents and the lack of help from teachers and other students were/was at fault there and probably would've driven her to commit suicide anyway if MC ignored her.

Again I'm glad that neither I nor my MC have to bear with that guilt.
(It's funny actually in some VNs you're getting "punished" if you go the harem route and here it's the exact opposite)

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I wouldn't say fault per se - at least for the character of the MC.
It's more of a case of "survivors guilt"
If you follow the path where you reject Nea then you're not the one who pushed her over the edge and you couldn't have possibly known that Nea would end up commiting suicide.
However the knowledge that he could've done something beforehand like for example making it clear that he only sees her as a friend or simply if he didn't invite her to his home will remain on his conscionsness forever.
In hindsight he will realise, that her whole life was dependent on him.
He was the only positive influence in her life in the last 6 years of her life and that her grip on life was shaky at best.
No! the bullies, her parents and the lack of help from teachers and other students were/was at fault there and probably would've driven her to commit suicide anyway if MC ignored her.

Again I'm glad that neither I nor my MC have to bear with that guilt.
(It's funny actually in some VNs you're getting "punished" if you go the harem route and here it's the exact opposite)
It was clear to me that I wasn't going to have a romantic route with Nea. My MC was going to reject that option as soon as he got the chance.

It's a shame that doing that Nea ends up the way she ends up. But I'm not interested in a romantic relationship with her, so I will continue with the no romance option.

qwerton

Jul 14, 2018
oh man i thought there will be less trans content but it feel like half of game is about trans and trans theory also why must be your first girlfriend trans

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You can befriend a wonderful teach and a wonderful babe who is sick and tired of her
overbearing mom and her overprottective brother ... MC has options.
oh man i thought there will be less trans content but it feel like half of game is about trans and trans theory also why must be your first girlfriend trans
Clean heartwarming relationships can occur in this game,
there is no need to go controversial overboard while gaming.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes