FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
That was the MC trying to reconcile his unexpectedly conflicting feelings, IMHO.
Agreed. If you get to know someone and they seem to be female - in your understandning of their characters - and you accept that; if you were to come across them peeing and catch a glimpse of a penis, it's pretty reasonable to revert back to original programming, regardless of how progressive you are. No indication from what I remember that there is any sort of revulsion or other negative emotions involved. Seems like a subtle trolling from the original poster. Or overly sensitive.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Agreed. If you get to know someone and they seem to be female - in your understandning of their characters - and you accept that; if you were to come across them peeing and catch a glimpse of a penis, it's pretty reasonable to revert back to original programming, regardless of how progressive you are. No indication from what I remember that there is any sort of revulsion or other negative emotions involved. Seems like a subtle trolling from the original poster. Or overly sensitive.
That's a problem I always have when the author makes the main character 'struggle with his feelings' about a girl with a dick. Makes them very hard to identify with, since we playing don't have a problem with that or we wouldn't be playing.

Reactions: Havik79

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
That's a problem I always have when the author makes the main character 'struggle with his feelings' about a girl with a dick. Makes them very hard to identify with, since we playing don't have a problem with that or we wouldn't be playing.
That's more of an issue of people immersing into the game/MC too much. A lot of, if not most, of the MC's in these games are just blank slates. I think it's rather nice to have an MC that evolves as the game goes on.

Reactions: dermitderaxt

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
That's more of an issue of people immersing into the game/MC too much. A lot of, if not most, of the MC's in these games are just blank slates. I think it's rather nice to have an MC that evolves as the game goes on.
Yeah this kid clearly has a distinct personality

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Oh totally, hate it when there's too much of that or if it's really out of character. But I really don't think that was the case here (been a long time since I played it admittedly), from what I remember MC took it well generally.

Duke Leo

Jun 10, 2019
Gotta be honest, I wasn't really taken with PL but A69 grabbed me in a big way, I'm real excited that it's being worked on again and can't wait to see more of everyone's favourite trap.
This is exactly me as well. I liked parts of PL but it wasn't my cup of tea. A69, however, has some real potential!

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
This is exactly me as well. I liked parts of PL but it wasn't my cup of tea. A69, however, has some real potential!
This seems to make sense, considering PL was more like a smorgasbord of wide-open sexual options with some defined paths and individual moments of sincere interaction, while I look at Apartment #69 as more about sincere relationships that offer the chance for sexual romps (at least, from the pilot version - who knows how it will take form).

lexdoll

May 18, 2019
I hope there will be a natural progression in Nea's story, a slow burn to the build up of her relationship with MC would be ideal. I know a lot of people can't wait to see the naughty bits, believe me, I do too. But most of the time it takes the realism and that natural feeling away which inevitably leads to one of those disappointing moments you often experience in adult VNs, AKA "Oh, look, it's just a game, it's just a way it is." I have seen too many examples of this that I have lost count.

The backdrop of Nea's story is already very promising, pretty much everyone and everything surrounding her is hostile, people at school, her family, in MC she would have found her one and only special someone who is understanding and supportive. It's basically "two against the whole world" and already a better setup for an exciting story than PL ever was. Man, I do hope they won't mess it up.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes