Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
This is exactly me as well. I liked parts of PL but it wasn't my cup of tea. A69, however, has some real potential!
I feel like the characters in A69 are more real. This has a [insert age description here] exploring sexuality and trying to be accepted as mature. PL had a daddy's girl who just kind of accepted sex as a form of love because her yandere older sister wanted to be peed on. Nea is an effeminate guy/trans-girl (not sure Nea ever actually clarifies that it's the latter but it's been a long time since .01 was released) who struggles with bullying and being accepted in her family. PL had a guy who turned gay after being raped. I find myself far more invested in the sex and relationships of A69 than I did with anything in PL.

Reactions: Duke Leo

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I feel like the characters in A69 are more real. This has a [insert age description here] exploring sexuality and trying to be accepted as mature. PL had a daddy's girl who just kind of accepted sex as a form of love because her yandere older sister wanted to be peed on. Nea is an effeminate guy/trans-girl (not sure Nea ever actually clarifies that it's the latter but it's been a long time since .01 was released) who struggles with bullying and being accepted in her family. PL had a guy who turned gay after being raped. I find myself far more invested in the sex and relationships of A69 than I did with anything in PL.
Parental Love did have one great part. Sofi!

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
BigDaddyDom

Not sure for me I tend to not like re-renders as many times the character that gets re-rendered never looks as good as they first did or they get their looks changed and they lose what first drew you in.
Ya i agree, that's happened to other games I've played too. My guess is Luxee will age Eve's character up, hopefully not too much though :LOL:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Ya i agree, that's happened to other games I've played too. My guess is Luxee will age Eve's character up, hopefully not too much though :LOL:
Considering that in Parental Love they made one of the characters *younger*, I don't think aging up is a concern. :LOL:

I'm definitely keeping an eye on this one; it's tackling some pretty surprising things, and I'm curious to see where it goes.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
First a general complaint. This game is a perfect example of why I generally hate sandboxes. It would be SO much better if it were just a normal linear choice based game. Rattling around randomly clicking locations just in case something pops up. NO reason for this game to use sandbox, there are no options dependant on it. Waste of coding time

Renders are great, I like the story, utterly utterly hate the sandbox.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I reported the first post and stated that sandbox should be added to the above tags so people that don't like it can go play something else that isn't a sandbox type game.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
First a general complaint. This game is a perfect example of why I generally hate sandboxes. It would be SO much better if it were just a normal linear choice based game. Rattling around randomly clicking locations just in case something pops up. NO reason for this game to use sandbox, there are no options dependant on it. Waste of coding time

Renders are great, I like the story, utterly utterly hate the sandbox.
A fair point. Got discussed a fortnight ago. Seeing as Luxee is open to include an event-only mode, you may still get to enjoy this.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I don't mind sandboxes when they're done well. If there's nothing to do but go to the next person to move the story on then it might as well be a straight VN though. And it's more likely for a sandbox to be a grindfest than a regular VN, there's that too.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
There is no such thing as a grindfest in most renpy games since anyone can edit stats money and lots of other stuff using the console or sites like saveeditonline.com even in most RPGM games you can use the RPGM save editor to edit stuff.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
There is no such thing as a grindfest in most renpy games since anyone can edit stats money and lots of other stuff using the console or sites like saveeditonline.com even in most RPGM games you can use the RPGM save editor to edit stuff.
"You can cheat to skip the grind" doesn't mean a game isn't a grindfest.

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
can you edit the OP with his website etc. so we don't have to go to PL thread to find out. tyvm

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes