darlic

Feb 27, 2017
The good news for Luxee is that there are a lot of players like me who pretty much disagree with absolutely everything you said.
So what you're saying is you're OK with having a game with an objectively bad UI and almost non-existent story and character development? Good for you I guess.

The other considerations about models' physical aspects and preferences are strictly subjective arguments so it's not even worth debating over it.

On a side note, I don't know if you're talking as a supporter or just a fan of this game, I myself am a supporter and decided to cut my pledge to Luxee because of the reasons I've given already. So I guess Luxee does (should) care about what I have to say.

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
So what you're saying is you're OK with having a game with an objectively bad UI and almost non-existent story and character development? Good for you I guess.

The other considerations about models' physical aspects and preferences are strictly subjective arguments so it's not even worth debating over it.

On a side note, I don't know if you're talking as a supporter or just a fan of this game, I myself am a supporter and decided to cut my pledge to Luxee because of the reasons I've given already. So I guess Luxee does (should) care about what I have to say.
I am a supporter, since I found PL a decent while back. I pay for the top games, only fair. I've seen objectively bad UIs, this is nowhere close to that, even if it isn't perfect. Story and character development ... it's version 0.2! What do you expect? A huge chunk of exposition for two hours before anything happens? Sure, that's one way of doing it, but maybe character development and narrative can be doled out, bits and pieces, as we move on? More ways to skin a cat. Not like we had a huge chunk of backstory before things started moving in PL, we learned more about the characters as the game developed.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I guess I was expecting far more from someone like Luxee, what else can I say...

With that being said, this is not a bad game, at all. It's just not what I personally was seeking, and this is why I feel so salty about it.

Reactions: ImmortalNight

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
I guess I was expecting far more from someone like Luxee, what else can I say...

With that being said, this is not a bad game, at all. It's just not what I personally was seeking, and this is why I feel so salty about it.
Fair enough, maybe after a few updates you'll change your mind, or maybe not. I've also been disapointed in the past by the route devolopers chose because it wasn't what I was hoping it would be, I just think in this case it's to early to tell. Peace.

Jul 26, 2018
Here is my unofficial android port:

Apartment 69 v0.02 (incest patch + maim-lain's walkthrough+Improvements MPD)(105MB)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You can reach me at
Why it still said landlady/roommate instead of mom/sister even thought its patched?. Sometimes the name is mom but she still calls the MC a roommate. Also evelyn doesn't do anything when I pressed it, it just skip it.

Reactions: Zekethor

BobKels0

Jun 19, 2017
What's so horrible with the UI ?
The only disturbing thing is the fact that the game looks like a sandbox, and is more of a VN disguised in a sandbox.

But it's only a very early iteration of the game. Focusing on the UI now would just be a waste of time, look at the first version and now, it's clear he's exploring the possibility of how to bring his ideas to life.

How is designed the characters screen is a nice way to add a little lore and some hints of how to progress, but needs more clothes than just casual clothes and naked.

I hope he will add some random events, repeatable or not, sexy or not, to spice things, know more about the characters, etc..

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
If you do something illicit it's not an effective defense at all that others are doing something similar. Comparison doesn't do anything... that being said I've played with the patch and it was more hilarious than kinky. I mean, unless we've been playing a different game, I've watched a grown-ass man being emotionally blackmailed, discursively disarmed, and as a result, effectively sexually assaulted by his younger sister. LMFAO! Basically I have the same opinion about this "loli" thing that the MC has about horror movies... way too hilarious to actually achieve its original purpose.

On occasion I like to get out of my comfort zone to be reminded that not all things are black and white, so I especially look forward to seeing more Nea content!
Did someone mentioned Nea our goddess of perpetual hope? :love:

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
After playing v0.01 back in Oct 2018, I'm glad to play the new update!
I'm also glad that Luxee focused on PL to finish it, but I would have loved to have this one being updated alongside it
Anyway...

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017

Fair enough, maybe after a few updates you'll change your mind, or maybe not. I've also been disapointed in the past by the route devolopers chose because it wasn't what I was hoping it would be, I just think in this case it's to early to tell. Peace.
I don't think the models are as good as PL either. In PL the main issues with the models were complaints about hair color or styles, or Luxee's tendency to sometimes expand the model's ass to comical proportions. If you followed PL, you know all about the infamous "centaur" scene at the restaurant. But for the most part in that game the models and renders were excellent quality, and when they weren't, Luxee often went back and changed them.

In this game though, most of the models just don't seem that good. For the most part, they're standard game stuff, which is a definite step-back for Luxee, especially with the improvements they showed throughout the lifetime of PL. I'll agree too that the UI feels rough. It's pretty much standard sandbox game stuff. I also found the entire thing about clicking to activate a memory thing to be something I didn't like. I'm really not a fan of flashbacks in general in games, and this game is one giant one. It kind of distances me from what's going on because technically it already happened and this is all a memory. I'd rather clearly be there in the moment. That's more of a personal thing I guess. But overall, it does feel less polished as a game than PL did at this stage.

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I don't think the models are as good as PL either. In PL the main issues with the models were complaints about hair color or styles, or Luxee's tendency to sometimes expand the model's ass to comical proportions. If you followed PL, you know all about the infamous "centaur" scene at the restaurant. But for the most part in that game the models and renders were excellent quality, and when they weren't, Luxee often went back and changed them.

In this game though, most of the models just don't seem that good. For the most part, they're standard game stuff, which is a definite step-back for Luxee, especially with the improvements they showed throughout the lifetime of PL. I'll agree too that the UI feels rough. It's pretty much standard sandbox game stuff. I also found the entire thing about clicking to activate a memory thing to be something I didn't like. I'm really not a fan of flashbacks in general in games, and this game is one giant one. It kind of distances me from what's going on because technically it already happened and this is all a memory. I'd rather clearly be there in the moment. That's more of a personal thing I guess. But overall, it does feel less polished as a game than PL did at this stage.
Do you think he was working with others that are not on this game with him?

doe50818

Apr 5, 2020

If recalling memories ruins immersion for you, then you must hate the entire AC series. I don't, so it didn't. Also saying that PL with orders of magnitudes more time in development looks more polished WHILE you are admitting that PL changed for the better as it got more time put in it is just stating the obvious and you end up complaining for no reason because you know the same thing will happen here, since we're talking of the same developer.

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
If recalling memories ruins immersion for you, then you must hate the entire AC series. I don't, so it didn't. Also saying that PL with orders of magnitudes more time in development looks more polished WHILE you are admitting that PL changed for the better as it got more time put in it is just stating the obvious and you end up complaining for no reason because you know the same thing will happen here, since we're talking of the same developer.
I'm not even sure what the AC series is, so can't say if I hate it or not. I imagine I wouldn't like it though. I'm not a fan of prequels either, because it's all stuff in the past. I want to live in the moment. I'm not a fan of flashbacks, or dream sequences, or the MC just fantasizing about sex with someone instead of actually just being there and actually doing it. I'm also not a fan of movies or tv shows that start off with some scene in the present, then change to "4 hours ago". Again, it takes me out of the moment.

And I feel that this game currently doesn't even feel as good as PL did when it first started. It's like we're seeing a new developer rather than one that worked on a hugely successful game like PL. I'm sure it will improve, but it seems strange that a lot of it feels like a step back from PL. Some of it can be chalked up to Luxee moving from a purely visual novel game to a sandbox and there being a learning curve with that. But there's still a bit of puzzlement going on, especially when this game is really the game that Luxee has wanted to make for at least two years. I'd expect the models to be better. As mentioned before, Eve and Nea are what we'd expect from Luxee. But everything else just feels a little lacking to me, as if Luxee channeled all of their effort into those two characters and the others are afterthoughts or were more rushed because so much time had been spent on those two. There's also a lot more variety in models in this game, which may be part of the issue. I wouldn't be surprised if Luxee doesn't go back and redo some of these in the future, because that's what they tend to do. But being the experienced developer they are at this point, I'd just expect more from them, even at the beginning here.

Reactions: darlic

Roy26633356

May 16, 2020
Why it still said landlady/roommate instead of mom/sister even thought its patched?. Sometimes the name is mom but she still calls the MC a roommate. Also evelyn doesn't do anything when I pressed it, it just skip it.
Don't use old saves. Old saves don't be work on this version it's a patche version

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
There aren't many new scenes but they're pretty good, it's a shame about the locked animations thing, I'd totally support the game if it wasn't for that.
One thing I noticed is in Nea's scene at lunch, Eric suddenly has blood on his face for no reason? Was something cut from that scene since the first version? I vaguely remember there being more to the scene or something in the first version.

4.00 star(s) 70 Votes