Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
Vhaerun Two more suggestions/observations. Please take them with a grain of salt, I'm not trying to be snarky....

1) While your custom developer/debug console does admittedly look very nice, it is beyond irritating that you've hijacked those commands from those of us already used to the default RenPy consoles you get with Shift D and O. You've effectively killed the use of UnRen for enabling the consoles, and your version of them doesn't really have "everything" available to view (and alter, if desired).

2) "Hiding" or obfuscating system variables in any manner is also exasperating. If, for example, someone wants to give themselves money, for whatever reason, they can't easily do so since they can't access the default consoles (#1 above), and you don't seem to have made that variable easy to find (for most people, at least; those who really know what they're doing will find a way to do it, but again, it just annoys your potential fan base).
Admittedly, I'm not the programmer/coder for the game, so I feel I'm not the person to be able to address your observations. I'll make sure the person that does this work for our game gets the information. I appreciate the input. :)

Reactions: TheSidewinder

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
Vhaerun Two more suggestions/observations. Please take them with a grain of salt, I'm not trying to be snarky....

1) While your custom developer/debug console does admittedly look very nice, it is beyond irritating that you've hijacked those commands from those of us already used to the default RenPy consoles you get with Shift D and O. You've effectively killed the use of UnRen for enabling the consoles, and your version of them doesn't really have "everything" available to view (and alter, if desired).

2) "Hiding" or obfuscating system variables in any manner is also exasperating. If, for example, someone wants to give themselves money, for whatever reason, they can't easily do so since they can't access the default consoles (#1 above), and you don't seem to have made that variable easy to find (for most people, at least; those who really know what they're doing will find a way to do it, but again, it just annoys your potential fan base).
i may be an ignoramus, but it sounds to me like you are angry for being 'nerd blocked', 'for most people' as you say, DON'T need console cheats ... just play the damn game ..

Reactions: SexyFeetLover

xb

Nov 9, 2017
You can easily enter the console <esc> then <shft> D or you can upload your save file to and edit the save there.

Reactions: TheSidewinder

mocap3069

Oct 7, 2017
Anyone having issue not being about to finish a project with more than 4 work points? You do not seem to be able to click on the same project twice even though it is not close to being done.

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
Anyone having issue not being about to finish a project with more than 4 work points? You do not seem to be able to click on the same project twice even though it is not close to being done.
There is a "deadline" for each job, giving a day it is due. If it's past due (which it will be marked in red), the job can't be worked on. If the job isn't past its deadline, let me know -- that would be something needed to be investigated and corrected in the upcoming hotfix.

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
Before I even attempt to go any farther, can somebody tell me about this work shit. Do you get kicked out for rent yes or no. Then if I miss deadlines (TIMERS IN GAME WHY!?) and get locked out of does this mean I literally can't do anything else but work fucking days straight or risk money

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
Before I even attempt to go any farther, can somebody tell me about this work shit. Do you get kicked out for rent yes or no. Then if I miss deadlines (TIMERS IN GAME WHY!?) and get locked out of does this mean I literally can't do anything else but work fucking days straight or risk money
You can get kicked out if the three main character's scores get too low.

As for how the job works, you ideally select a job you can complete in the time allotted. If you are on day 22, and the job requires 23 work points, you would need 6 "shifts" to work. If the job is due on day 22, you won't be able to complete the job before the job becomes due and will subsequently be unable to be worked on anymore. Right now, the "work points" the MC can perform is 4 per shift, and MC can perform 3 shifts per day.

We're continually evaluating and taking into consideration how things go in the game for players. As an independent game, play-testing and then adjusting is a necessary step.

xb

Nov 9, 2017
Can you get Julia a job? I see the front door has a travel button for the bar but nothing happens when you click it.

3.50 star(s) 27 Votes