RPGM None Complete Apathetic Angel is missing credits in the Department of Sexuality Studies. [RJ01058687] [Nakayoshi Honpo]

yurum

Jun 2, 2018
I want to but I can't. The game just keeps spitting out Japanese even though I swapped out the .csv files and all the data. It's like somehow magically it's connecting to a different database and using original data from there. I don't know, this is the hardest project I've had so far.
Did you also look into the map files to see if the dialogue is there? If you translate those files, do they stay translated?
It's more than likely that the dev used a plugin to handle the text messages instead of RPGM's native one. In my (limited) experience, translations not sticking is usually due to plugins.

This game is also pretty plugin heavy so I myself can't help you navigate it. I suggest you send a message to Silentce here, or join the Translator's Hub server and asking there

wasd123333

Jun 27, 2017
Did you also look into the map files to see if the dialogue is there? If you translate those files, do they stay translated?
It's more than likely that the dev used a plugin to handle the text messages instead of RPGM's native one. In my (limited) experience, translations not sticking is usually due to plugins.

This game is also pretty plugin heavy so I myself can't help you navigate it. I suggest you send a message to Silentce here, or join the Translator's Hub server and asking there
I actually looked at all the map files first thing. That's what I usually do and when I saw there was only 90 map files, I knew this was going to be a plugin-heavy game. I'm not very good with plugins yet, so I inquired about what was going wrong to Shisaye. He was able to find that the text were...lo' and behold..inside csv files. Now, there's 3significant problems here I'm not sure how to deal with.

1. The csv files do not load properly in translator++. For some reason, it cannot parse and thus gives me an error saying it ran out of memory. The strangest thing is that the newer versions after 1.0 (e.g 1.02, 1.07), all started giving me this error. The first and initial copy did not. I asked to check the php.ini file but I have no idea what that means. I haven't done any setting changes for translator++

2. Upon just using excel, I found out that there are 2 gigantic csv files that contain all the story text. The problem is that it looks like this:

1685870279638.png

The dev uses a bunch of special formatting here that I cannot simply just run through sugoi translator. For one thing, I don't even know if there is an application out there that can auto-translate excel files while using an external translator like sugoi. I refuse to use google and bing.

3. This last problem is assuming that even if I translate these excel files successfully, there's no guarantee the game will accept the file and spit out English. For some reason, in the 1.0.0 version I ran through sugoi, translator++ showed that EVERYTHING was in English. I literally just slapped the file in the data folder and deleted the old one and STILL it ran japanese. Now, after much testing, I have an inclination that this is because translator++ was not capturing all of the story text. Its csv plugin is not working properly and therefore, this is why it didn't translate everything in Japanese (which I thought was finished in English). Therefore, the last problem I have is that Dreamsavior either needs to update his excel parser to be better, or I need to find a different translation application.

On a side-note, people have said this game works with M-Tool, but honestly for a game of this quality (I haven't played it yet, but it looks really damn good), I want to use a better translation such as DeepL or Sugoi. Bing or Google is making me lose my grammar skills overtime.

Reactions: tho123

SomethingWithY

Sep 14, 2017
+1
You're right, this program works with MTool but my problem using it was it just adds more lag to the game I couldn't even bother to progress and playing it blindly without translation also seems hard hence I am waiting for your translation. Best of luck!

Reactions: KarylSummer