Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooble

May 3, 2018
I am very confused why it's taking him this long to put out the game. I dunno if he is trying to milk people, i would think with the characters he has shown if he released the game his patreon pledges would sky rocket, like seriously those are some of the best character models i have seen so maybe he is that much of a perfectionist and it's taking him so long since he wants the 0.1 to be perfect.
Hopefully the game comes out this or next month otherwise he will officially be passing the 1 year mark of working on the game and not producing any result and for a Ren'Py game i don't care how great that's inexcusable unless it involves family or health problems. At the end of the day it's up to his patreons to be financially responsible though.
People say he's a perfectionist and what not and that they don't mind waiting. I mean we got that little teaser, but that's not the promised trailer from back then that was promised if I'm not mistaken. It comes out when it does I guess.

Damneddaniel

Mar 31, 2018
Sorry for asking in this thread

Does anybody know when sinful delicacies ep 7 release?
And if anybody have any latest previews for ep 7 post them here if you guys don't mind...
Waiting for previews and news from temptress games..
With heartcoveredeyes
how is this related to this thread at all? genuinely curious

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
If the game's quality lives up to the previews he's shown to us, as soon as v.1 is released his patreon numbers are bound to skyrocket. More patrons means more money; more money means the ability to purchase more powerful hardware to keep producing more similar content at a faster pace, and therefore keep increasing your patron numbers.
I honestly don't understand what's going on with this project.

Reactions: Xumeey

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
If the game's quality lives up to the previews he's shown to us, as soon as v.1 is released his patreon numbers are bound to skyrocket. More patrons means more money; more money means the ability to purchase more powerful hardware to keep producing more similar content at a faster pace, and therefore keep increasing your patron numbers.
I honestly don't understand what's going on with this project.
Sometimes more money means more complacency and arrogance. I guess we'll see what he does when he releases the game IF he does release it.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Sometimes more money means more complacency and arrogance. I guess we'll see what he does when he releases the game IF he does release it.
Yep, unfortunately you're right there. We have quite a few examples of that in the person of some well-know devs.
Hopefully phsycodelusional won't go that way, but in order to confirm it he needs to release the modafuckin game first.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Yep, unfortunately you're right there. We have quite a few examples of that in the person of some well-know devs.
Hopefully phsycodelusional won't go that way, but in order to confirm it he needs to release the modafuckin game first.
Was he always like this? I never liked his previous game but most people say good things about him and his game. My expectations are going down each day that passes by.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Was he always like this? I never liked his previous game but most people say good things about him and his game. My expectations are going down each day that passes by.
Well, his previous game wasn't by any means as good as this one is supposed to be.
It was an interesting game, with great humour, very original characters and an insanely bizarre story. That's what made it worth playing. I loved it because... I loved it, but it was by no means close to what this game looks like. For that reason, its development was generally ways faster and he never went so long without a release. Back then, he even participated in the forum quite often.

Reactions: Xumeey

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Well, his previous game wasn't by any means as good as this one is supposed to be.
It was an interesting game, with great humour, very original characters and an insanely bizarre story. That's what made it worth playing. I loved it because... I loved it, but it was by no means close to what this game looks like. For that reason, its development was generally ways faster and he never went so long without a release. Back then, he even participated in the forum quite often.
So he's already showing some signs of arrogance huh. I'm only joking I hope he's only busy with the development of the game and not trying to avoid us on purpose. I really have high hopes for this game and it'd be a shame if he decided he's too good for us lowly pirates.

Reactions: Aristos

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Well, if the first release looks as gorgeous as the female characters, and has at least a few hours of gameplay(say, 2 to 4), all will be forgiven. And his patrons will multiply. Pretty sure he'll be able to get to $3k per month and get a faster render rig within a few months' time.

BatmanNinja

Apr 12, 2020
I scrolled through all of the 35 pages in this thread & i have to write over here that some people have great belief in this artist even though he has been delaying this game for a very,very long time.
Hats off to those people who are still with hopes of getting to play the game some day,i hope your dreams come through. On the other hand,other artist by now should have released 2 games with the same duration with Psychodelusional work

Reactions: gale94

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I just checked out the discord channel out of curiosity and found out about a couple of interesting things I didn't know:
- He's being supported by some well-known devs, including Philly, Luxee or Domiek.
- The game will include a trans girl called Taylor :KappaPride:.
- The dev is very active in his discord.

EDIT: Seriously, that channel is all about discussing trap and trans, who should have the longer penis and stuff like that. It's scaring me a bit :PogChamp:.

Last edited:

ibrahem

Jun 1, 2018
I just checked out the discord channel out of curiosity and found out about a couple of interesting things I didn't know:
- He's being supported by some well-known devs, including Philly, Luxee or Domiek.
so when he gonna release this fucjing game?

D

Deleted member 879257

Hey guys just be patient and wait until he delivers his product my goodness. Some people here behave like little children and accuse the developer of arrogance or that he/she is like other disgraced developers. If you want quality then it takes a while and if you think maybe he is working alone on this project then it takes a while because of coding, story, character creation etc. So ask yourself what pressure you put on developers and if you want quality or quantity?

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018

EDIT: Seriously, that channel is all about discussing trap and trans, who should have the longer penis and stuff like that. It's scaring me a bit :PogChamp:.
The dev list is longer than that....and its not ALL trap/trans. Haha....semi controlled chaos that is gently moderated when necessary.

• Haha
Reactions: Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The dev list is longer than that....and its not ALL trap/trans. Haha....semi controlled chaos that is gently moderated when necessary.
You gotta stop than madness, Bison. Seriously. The debate should move on to bubble butts and pert breasts, not linger on whether the MC or the trans should have the bigger cock :KEK:

Reactions: obibobi
Status
Not open for further replies.