Ren'Py Apocalust [psychodelusional] Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
still no news :(
You didn't read the latest dev post didn't you?
I am going to do another update around the end of the month to let you know where I am at, it may be another quick progress update to let you know if I am almost done, either that or if I am taking too long I will do another breakdown albeit, a small one of the gameplay added like I did in my last preview.
The full post is here: https://f95zone.to/threads/apocalust-psychodelusional-discussion-thread.33873/post-3845184

Reactions: Aion_Abyss

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
What exactly is going on that after an year of this thread this game has still not come out never seen this one before Dev's usually rush new game out usually before they should, not this guy though I was an bit of an fan of his last game it was ok, but this is absurd.
Has he been taking money every month for this as well? this is Gumdrop lvl of behaviour here.

Last edited:

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
yeah i know he is upto something big but the amount of time he is taking is so much more compared to the quality and quantity of gameplay he is going to serve to his patrons. i mean i have seen the ingame renders they are perfect but even if they are perfect they are only renders. in one year other devs would have dilivered 5-8 hours of gameplay with perfect renders and animations.
They look amazing but he has taken way to long now it's made him seem like he is upto something, and anyway it was never his renders that was the problem last game renders were good as well it was his crappy writting that let the story down. now he realy need's to kick himself up the ass now and get something released he must surely have enough by now to put out an first release just get it done!

Reactions: septacycell

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
I think his completed first game took 18 months or so from first release to complete, but perhaps there were a few months of work before first release. Let's be super-generous and suggest two years max. Are there a bunch of patrons who are willing to wait up to 2 whole years for a first release?

D-Two

Apr 12, 2018
I think his completed first game took 18 months or so from first release to complete, but perhaps there were a few months of work before first release. Let's be super-generous and suggest two years max. Are there a bunch of patrons who are willing to wait up to 2 whole years for a first release?
Now, if he were a real shrewd businessman, he would announce that he will start working on a new game - lots of backers and a steady income. Then he reaches what could be considered a releasable 0.1, but development continues without a release. Keep working on 0.2, 0.3 and so on until the backers start to complain and the money drops. Then release 0.1. Keep working and release 0.2 according to schedule while he's busy polishing 0.6.

Rinse and repeat until you get a reputation like NLT and all of a sudden you're everybody's darling. :)

GAMEPLAY7

May 4, 2020
Now, if he were a real shrewd businessman, he would announce that he will start working on a new game - lots of backers and a steady income. Then he reaches what could be considered a releasable 0.1, but development continues without a release. Keep working on 0.2, 0.3 and so on until the backers start to complain and the money drops. Then release 0.1. Keep working and release 0.2 according to schedule while he's busy polishing 0.6.

Rinse and repeat until you get a reputation like NLT and all of a sudden you're everybody's darling. :)
Development Same as NLT work on their game, I can say that.

MyDickBig

May 13, 2019
imagine this is not a V0.1 first release, imagine its gonna come out completed! LUL
Why would he release the game "Completed"? It will be dumb as fuck...
He just want to make a really big start so he is setup for the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.