BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
Amazing art. Not much game here. I mean, literally no choices, just an intro. Still, the art is great, and there are a ton of animations in there livening it up from just static images. Lots and lots of further development and this might be something.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
There was a time when I thought Psycho was a good dev, back when he was finishing Dark Neighborhood. He put out consistent updates, he chatted with us people here, etc.
He announced a new mega-project. Jeeeesus, was I excited!
Now it has all come down to this. I just hope he feels ashamed.

Although I'm not too sure about that. Why would he? (see below)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
There was a time when I thought Psycho was a good dev, back when he was finishing Dark Neighborhood. He put out consistent updates, he chatted with us people here, etc.

If it was up to me the reviews for this game would be locked and no one would be allowed to drop a review UNTIL a full game release come out. People are either gaslighting it or shitting on it, either it’s all BS.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
If it was up to me the reviews for this game would be locked and no one would be allowed to drop a review UNTIL a full game release come out. People are either gaslighting it or shitting on it, either it’s all BS.
I just reviewed it, trying to put the game's rating where it should be.
As you said, the rating system should have been locked for the time being, but seeing that's not the case I think it's our duty to counter the misleading ratings that will keep attracting undeserved attention.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
I just reviewed it, trying to put the game's rating where it should be.
As you said, the rating system should have been locked for the time being, but seeing that's not the case I think it's our duty to counter the misleading ratings that will keep attracting undeserved attention.
No I’m good on that I’m not gonna totally trash a game unless I’ve played the game and considered it worthy of being garbage. That’s not the case here and it’s not even worthy of being called a game yet seeing as there’s no official release it’s just demos. The problem is people are upset by the Devs actions and lack of content so any bad review based off that knowledge is pure bullshit. Like I said people are gaslighting this game which shouldn’t be allowed either but two wrongs don’t make right.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
No I’m good on that I’m not gonna totally trash a game unless I’ve played the game and considered it worthy of being garbage. That’s not the case here and it’s not even worthy of being called a game yet seeing as there’s no official release it’s just demos. The problem is people are upset by the Devs actions and lack of content so any bad review based off that knowledge is pure bullshit. Like I said people are gaslighting this game which shouldn’t be allowed either but two wrongs don’t make right.
I've reviewed it as a game, and this is not a game so my review was absolutely well-founded: no GUI, no gameplay, no menus, no nothing except some beatiful art that I'm absolutely sure he completed a long time ago. So 1 star from me with no remorse at all.
As much as I consider ICSTOR for example to be a lying conman I would never give MC 1 star because, as a game, it is (or was) one of the absolute best.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017

How do you think the rating works?
Somebody sees a 5 star rating so they rush to patreon, sign up for the highest tier subscription and what, they never play the game?
Or are they being brainwashed into thinking it's an excellent game regardless of their experience playing it based on what rating this game has on this site?
Do you think people aren't capable of forming their opinion about the game on their own? Or are you trying to sabotage the dev by lowering the rating to discourage people from trying it in case they might have a different opinion than you?

Either way you're just being petty here and it doesn't serve any good to anybody but yourself.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Somebody sees a 5 star rating so they rush to patreon, sign up for the highest tier subscription and what, they never play the game?
Or are they being brainwashed into thinking it's an excellent game regardless of their experience playing it based on what rating this game has on this site?
Do you think people aren't capable of forming their opinion about the game on their own? Or are you trying to sabotage the dev by lowering the rating to discourage people from trying it in case they might have a different opinion than you?

Either way you're just being petty here and it doesn't serve any good to anybody but yourself.
Think what you may, honestly I won't change my viewpoint on this. As soon as we get a game worthy of being called that I will update my review and adapt it to the actual state of the project at every stage. Now it only deserves 1 star for me.

People don't rush to suscribe on Patreon, but many do choose the games they play based on their ratings on this site. This game's ratings keep getting bloated without any justification at all. We are not talking about kinks I don't like, RPGs I don't like or 2dcg games I don't like: were are talking about a non-existent game being rated and described as "one of the best games."
Putting a stop to this crap has nothing to do with how shameful I think the dev is acting, I already explained that; it's a matter of material justice towards other games.

Reactions: sid60

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I've reviewed it as a game, and this is not a game so my review was absolutely well-founded: no GUI, no gameplay, no menus, no nothing except some beatiful art that I'm absolutely sure he completed a long time ago. So 1 star from me with no remorse at all.
As much as I consider ICSTOR for example to be a lying conman I would never give MC 1 star because, as a game, it is (or was) one of the absolute best.
Bruh don't bother. I said the same thing in my review and talked about how this is not a game and it got removed because it was inappropriate :WaitWhat:

PBS666

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2019
You can download renpy and then open the game from the renpy app it works always for me
Sure. But if you are at that point, you can just as well build a proper Mac version. Just some extra clicks, a few minutes and afterwards you can delete the PC version. Less clutter. Of course, for this "game" it may not be worth it, to put it mildly.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Bruh don't bother. I said the same thing in my review and talked about how this is not a game and it got removed because it was inappropriate :WaitWhat:
I don't think that will happen, there must have been a mistake with yours I'm sure.
No menus, no UI, no choices, no coherence, no nothing in a product presented as a game may well deserve a bad rating if the user explains it in the review. There's no irregularity there.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020

Exactly. That’s all he’s doing it’s corny as hell. *Sees a bunch of 5 star ratings* “I better put a stop to this”. *Posts 1 star rating*

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I don't think that will happen, there must have been a mistake with yours I'm sure.
No menus, no UI, no choices, no coherence, no nothing in a product presented as a game may well deserve a bad rating if the user explains it in the review. There's no irregularity there.
See if you notice something wrong with it because I don't really get it. I marked it as 1 star and said:

"This is not a game, no menu, no story, no context... It doesn't belong to the game section so move it to animations or change the title to tech demo. It only has that, great animations and most were shown months ago so there's really nothing new. "

Whatever, let's just hope deleting low rating reviews for no reason doesn't become a habit.

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Think what you may, honestly I won't change my viewpoint on this. As soon as we get a game worthy of being called that I will update my review and adapt it to the actual state of the project at every stage. Now it only deserves 1 star for me.

People don't rush to suscribe on Patreon, but many do choose the games they play based on their ratings on this site. This game's ratings keep getting bloated without any justification at all. We are not talking about kinks I don't like, RPGs I don't like or 2dcg games I don't like: were are talking about a non-existent game being rated and described as "one of the best games."
Putting a stop to this crap has nothing to do with how shameful I think the dev is acting, I already explained that; it's a matter of material justice towards other games.
It doesn't make any sense. Every game here starts out as bare minimum not worthy of any ratings judging by it's current state.
But if you really want to do it then the only fair way to do it is to judge it by the potential, and that's what is happening here.

Reactions: Before I Forget

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
I'm getting a ton of "exception" errors as I progress through the 0.02 demo. Anyone else experiencing this?
I had a few myself which i guess are caused by a faulty incest patch. I just ignored them and powered through since there isn't really much point in waiting for someone to come up with a fix or anything.

Reactions: Before I Forget
3.90 star(s) 137 Votes