IAmBlackJohn

Oct 30, 2022
How to turn latest to Mac? Appreciate any help.
Hey bro,

To play on macos, download version 0.06 for mac os, then download 0.07 for pc.
After that open the macos 0.06 file, right click and show package contents,
then inside contents/resources copy and replace lib folder from pc 0.07 (not sure if this step is needed by i did it),
then open autorun folder, and copy game, renpy, Apocalust0.07.py, Apocalust0.07.sh from pc, ofc replace files.
After that rename Apocalust0.07.py and Apocalust0.07.sh to Apocalust0.06.py and Apocalust0.06.sh.

I haven't yet played entire update but I opened the game and new content was available, i was able to continue from last save. The one problem were missing saves, because game created new dir in saves. If you also have this issue, maybe this will help you as well: to fix it, just open Finder, use Command + Shift + G, and type ~/Library/RenPy/, hit enter and locate Apocalust-006 folder. Copy content to Apocalust-007 replacing persistent file, and you should have saves available.

Jul 24, 2023
The reason why some devs keep their high numbers of patrons is mostly that people support a page and eventually forget about it due to lack of communication. A simple example is the SimBro game from years ago. The patreon page raked in thousands of dollars each month even though there had been shoddy low effort updates, and then none at all. they continued to have that large sum of money coming in for a long time every month. and even now they still get 200 dollars a month for doing exactly nothing.
in short, people are just forgetful and don't check their incoming and outgoing costs.
Man these people need to check their Patreon more, or we're left with these kinds of low effort developers.

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Apocalust v0.06
Video enhancement mod
outdated, update in progress

This mod overwrites the native 30fps animations of the game with interpolated 60fps animations.

how ? Thanks to deep-learning processes, some trained models can interpolate "fake" frames next to native frames.
The result gives a smooth effect on each animations.

Apocalust is one of the few games made almost exclusively with animations, which makes this mod even more interesting.

Downloads:
1080p (stable) : ; MEGA
4K version (old+unstable) : ; MEGA

Here are some examples of what you can expect with ...
- Video interpolation :

- Video upscaling (4K version only) :

I didn't inspect each animation in depth , so feel free to report any flaws you find (bugs, video artifacts...)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

still working to update my mod to 0.07

it's taking time because I'm redoing all the 4K animations + I'm trying to correct animations with too much motionblur because the dev clearly abused it for episodes v0.06 and v0.07.

Jul 27, 2018
Just trying this game out for the first time. Initially I started it without the incest patch but then a short ways in, after he has his first encounter with the "alien" I remember I downloaded the patch. So I closed out the game, dropped in the patch and restarted from beginning.

My question is before I go too far, is the patch even worth using? With a lot of games, they almost don't make sense without using the patch. (Yes, I understand the reasoning but like incest or not, the Landlord, landlady, roommates thing always seem silly) This game, it kind of sounds like it may not make sense using the patch.

I ask because during the opening scenes, there's Ava who is his boss's wife, turned step-mom with the patch, and Evelyn, who is originally the caretaker of his deceased uncle's house turned biological mother with the patch. With and without the patch though, he talks about giving Evelyn the day off if she wins her upcoming match. Drop in the patch and he's telling his mother he'll give her the day off, which...doesn't make a lot of sense. Is this something you'll see frequently with the patch? Moments that just don't make sense?

yosef66

Aug 28, 2022
Just trying this game out for the first time. Initially I started it without the incest patch but then a short ways in, after he has his first encounter with the "alien" I remember I downloaded the patch. So I closed out the game, dropped in the patch and restarted from beginning.

My question is before I go too far, is the patch even worth using? With a lot of games, they almost don't make sense without using the patch. (Yes, I understand the reasoning but like incest or not, the Landlord, landlady, roommates thing always seem silly) This game, it kind of sounds like it may not make sense using the patch.

I ask because during the opening scenes, there's Ava who is his boss's wife, turned step-mom with the patch, and Evelyn, who is originally the caretaker of his deceased uncle's house turned biological mother with the patch. With and without the patch though, he talks about giving Evelyn the day off if she wins her upcoming match. Drop in the patch and he's telling his mother he'll give her the day off, which...doesn't make a lot of sense. Is this something you'll see frequently with the patch? Moments that just don't make sense?
The mod it's not complete, somtimes he call his mother by her name or mis something

Reactions: RavagedSociety

fin_369

Dec 26, 2023

Well, personally, I find that the story makes more sense without the patch. It seems to flow more naturally, and the relationships between characters are clearer. :rolleyes:

Adding the patch can create inconsistencies, as you've pointed out with the example of the protagonist talking about giving his mother the day off, which doesn't quite make sense. It's true that some games benefit from certain patches, but in this case, it seems like the original storyline provides a more coherent and logical experience.

Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference, but for me, the story has a lot more sense without the patch. :illuminati:

Jul 20, 2020
Who would you share it with? I say because he is the only protagonist and the other is the nerdy friend who does nothing
Maybe the pastor of the Church! Seeing that she comes to him in times of distress. The pastor gets involved and takes control of her decisions and corrupts her. Also another thing to take into account would be the sheriff, since he is unfaithful to his wife and can act according to his preferences, such as blackmailing them.
I don't know, but the game has a lot of potential to trigger certain events.

Oct 22, 2017
Hey bro,

To play on macos, download version 0.06 for mac os, then download 0.07 for pc.
After that open the macos 0.06 file, right click and show package contents,
then inside contents/resources copy and replace lib folder from pc 0.07 (not sure if this step is needed by i did it),
then open autorun folder, and copy game, renpy, Apocalust0.07.py, Apocalust0.07.sh from pc, ofc replace files.
After that rename Apocalust0.07.py and Apocalust0.07.sh to Apocalust0.06.py and Apocalust0.06.sh.

I haven't yet played entire update but I opened the game and new content was available, i was able to continue from last save. The one problem were missing saves, because game created new dir in saves. If you also have this issue, maybe this will help you as well: to fix it, just open Finder, use Command + Shift + G, and type ~/Library/RenPy/, hit enter and locate Apocalust-006 folder. Copy content to Apocalust-007 replacing persistent file, and you should have saves available.
Thanks, this actually worked!

Reactions: IAmBlackJohn

OhGodNotAgain

Aug 11, 2023
I swear to fucking God people just can't stand one guy with the Lis, can they? They can't just accept it can they? Christ just Let it go and just enjoy it for fucks sake. This game takes long enough without more paths added to it.

Krenn

Jun 13, 2018
Came back to give this game another go and it looks like it's still a kinetic novel disguised as a dating sim.
Gonna pass on this one

Jul 20, 2022
Could you add an option to the game to turn off the ridiculous screen shake every other sentence? It's stupid. I just got to the point where you're talking to Naomi and she says 'you got superpowers' and then the MC says "Not really..." and the screen shakes... for no reason whatsoever. There was nothing to place emphasis on there. It did it two more times immediately after that and one of them was just "..." What the hell? Why is it shaking? Why? Make it stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foshizza

fin_369

Dec 26, 2023
Could you add an option to the game to turn off the ridiculous screen shake every other sentence? It's stupid. I just got to the point where you're talking to Naomi and she says 'you got superpowers' and then the MC says "Not really..." and the screen shakes... for no reason whatsoever. There was nothing to place emphasis on there. It did it two more times immediately after that and one of them was just "..." What the hell? Why is it shaking? Why? Make it stop.
just shake it baby!

lol

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 137 Votes