What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RobinDeFatak

Mar 21, 2021
I mean, if the dev really wants game overs, at least make it make sense. She was what? Already severely abused and deprived of human interaction just surviving in filth in a dank basement. A basement FULL of stuff. Then decides to game over herself because someone she is close to tries to corrupt her? Just didn't make much sense to me. Things like that really take you out of the immersion ya know? Seemed like a lot worse has happened to her and she had plenty of opportunity before MC got there.
I don't agree. In the context of a corruption game, it's true that it catches you off guard, especially because other devs allow you to go so deep without consequences (as in, "game over" kinda consequences) but it makes sense that she's been hurt and used by the people closest to her and the hero entering her world is not even her last hope. She's been hurt so much that she's possibly beyond repair so she's watching what you're doing. It's not that she "got too much" from you it's that she was already way past the point of saving and you don't do enough to show her that decent human beings might possibly exist. Just like that, she realizes that there's really nothing left in her future. She gives up.
I'm hoping the dev will maintain that scene, along with the game over. It builds up a lot of tension to play the rest of the game through the lense that "the people around you will get hurt and will die if you fuck them up".
That said, I got shell shocked when I got to that specific point (because of how immersed I was) and it was way too intense for me. I'm gonna have to skip. Good job dev ! The intended audience is gonna have a blast with this one.

Reactions: Jarul

Avidius7

Oct 31, 2020
I don't agree. In the context of a corruption game, it's true that it catches you off guard, especially because other devs allow you to go so deep without consequences (as in, "game over" kinda consequences) but it makes sense that she's been hurt and used by the people closest to her and the hero entering her world is not even her last hope. She's been hurt so much that she's possibly beyond repair so she's watching what you're doing. It's not that she "got too much" from you it's that she was already way past the point of saving and you don't do enough to show her that decent human beings might possibly exist. Just like that, she realizes that there's really nothing left in her future. She gives up.
I'm hoping the dev will maintain that scene, along with the game over. It builds up a lot of tension to play the rest of the game through the lense that "the people around you will get hurt and will die if you fuck them up".
That said, I got shell shocked when I got to that specific point (because of how immersed I was) and it was way too intense for me. I'm gonna have to skip. Good job dev ! The intended audience is gonna have a blast with this one.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm not saying get rid of Game Over. However, I do personally think it's a shortcut. More interesting would be to flesh that path out since she's already so hopeless.

My point was, the manner in which it happened did not make sense. She had the tools to do it long before the MC arrived. I would understand if she knew the MC was alive and was holding onto that glimmer of hope that one good human being in her life will rescue her. But for all she knew, no one else was alive. And that's why that scene made no sense.

RobinDeFatak

Mar 21, 2021
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm not saying get rid of Game Over. However, I do personally think it's a shortcut. More interesting would be to flesh that path out since she's already so hopeless.

My point was, the manner in which it happened did not make sense. She had the tools to do it long before the MC arrived. I would understand if she knew the MC was alive and was holding onto that glimmer of hope that one good human being in her life will rescue her. But for all she knew, no one else was alive. And that's why that scene made no sense.
Wait, wait, wait, no one else is alive ? I played this last month (and please don't make me download again lol) but I remember vaguely that only "most people" were dead, not all, and also that Jessica was down there because she was locked up by her abusive father. She doesn't know that the world has ended right ? It's part of the information you bring to her and the reason why she offs herself when she realizes [world ended] + [abusive sole surviving father figure] = [shit time in hell]

Avidius7

Oct 31, 2020
Wait, wait, wait, no one else is alive ? I played this last month (and please don't make me download again lol) but I remember vaguely that only "most people" were dead, not all, and also that Jessica was down there because she was locked up by her abusive father. She doesn't know that the world has ended right ? It's part of the information you bring to her and the reason why she offs herself when she realizes [world ended] + [abusive sole surviving father figure] = [shit time in hell]
Hmm... I must've missed the part where she wasn't aware. Even then, what is she holding onto exactly? Being locked up that long... I'm going to have to replay it too now lol.

But you see, both you and I are proving the same point right now... it's not well-written since neither of us can recall with clarity lol.

• Angry
Reactions: Manoman13

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Hmm... I must've missed the part where she wasn't aware. Even then, what is she holding onto exactly? Being locked up that long... I'm going to have to replay it too now lol.

But you see, both you and I are proving the same point right now... it's not well-written since neither of us can recall with clarity lol.
1653414773983.png
1653414820343.png
1653415201356.png
1653415246598.png
1653415550384.png
1653415651723.png
But it was well written

Reactions: Unimatrix001

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
I'm going to have to replay it too now lol.
I think you guys should try to play it an other time because I think you missed out on a number of crucial story elements that were covered several times already during the prologue. In addition, know that my concern is to remain as realistic as possible from a psychological point of view. If you did not find this realistic, it may be that an element of the scenario escaped you or may be due to an element of the future scenario which has not yet been communicated to you (what represents the MC in the eyes of this girl, what are her ideological and spiritual beliefs, her relationship to sexuality and love, etc.).

Moreover, concerning the different paths, know that the dark path will be quite present during the game and is already begins during this prologue (path submission). However, it will take some adaptation time for the MC to be able to extend his psychological influence (submission vs. independence) without any permanent damage (anxiety vs. happiness). If the MC is too rough from the start, the growing anxiety can lead to dramatic consequences. This is why psychological violence must be favored over physical violence (except in cases of sexual punishment).

Anyway, thank you for playing the game and sorry for those whose experience was not perfect, but please know that we are listening to you and we take your feedback seriously. So don't hesitate to come back again when you have understood more precisely the details of the scenario.

Good game !

Last edited:

Avidius7

Oct 31, 2020
Hmm... you're not understanding what I was stating. I'm not talking about your entire plot. I'm talking strictly about how the game-over scenario was written/thought up. That part made no sense IMO. And someone else said that character was not aware of the world outside. That's the part I couldn't recall clearly.

RobinDeFatak

Mar 21, 2021
DELETED QUOTED SCREENSHOTS FOR BRIEVITY
But it was well written
AHA! Now I get it, the narration says that the protagonist "learned that the disease spread to all other continents" and literally one slide later tells you that there's no other human beings left alive. Your brain is like "dude we're gonna go into a quantum state of thought where people died and still talk and teach shit to each other".

Also dev, dude, seriously, look at the in-depth analysis that your game is generating. To me it's already a victory on that point of view. I've only said I wouldn't play it because it's not my "genre" of games. I like gamey management rpg with more things under my control and girl shooting herself like that definitely kept me awake and thinking about my life decisions. If that was the goal, it's achieved!

EDIT: and the art is amazeballs

RobinDeFatak

Mar 21, 2021
There's definitely a few plot holes to solve. It gets a bit lost with the whole imaginary girl thing but I feel like, in essence, the dev is putting out some really thought out stuff and, obviously, there's tidying up to be done

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
Which version are you playing?
Win, Linux, Mac, Compressed, Android, with a mod or without a mod?
I am playing the Windows version without any mod (NOT compressed). I am currently playing v1.16 but I had the same problem with the first version you posted (I believe it was v1.1). Every time I press "S" to take a screenshot I get that Error screen.

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
I am playing the Windows version without any mod (NOT compressed). I am currently playing v1.16 but I had the same problem with the first version you posted (I believe it was v1.1). Every time I press "S" to take a screenshot I get that Error screen.
Hi, honestly we just tried to take several screens, we have 0 problem and so far no one else (apart from you) has reported this problem to us, we'll take a look at it but I'm not promising you anything. sorry

save8lot

Apr 7, 2021
Hi, honestly we just tried to take several screens, we have 0 problem and so far no one else (apart from you) has reported this problem to us, we'll take a look at it but I'm not promising you anything. sorry
Strange. If it matters I am using Windows 7. I will try to test it on Windows 10 to see if that makes any difference. However I don't have this problem with any other games.

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Strange. If it matters I am using Windows 7. I will try to test it on Windows 10 to see if that makes any difference. However I don't have this problem with any other games.
Hi, before testing on windows 10 also download the game again, just to be sure.

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
how much content in game ?
Prologue v1.16 750 rendered more or less, If you want bigger content, wait for chapter 1 v1.2 we will be at 1500 rendered more or less.

Tested it on Windows 10 with a clean install, but got the same problem.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We're going to check one last time, we can't find it, I'll ask a friend to take a look, it will be the last solution, otherwise unfortunately I couldn't do anything for you for your screens, sorry.

zerodead

Engaged Member
Jan 18, 2018
I did a quick translation to Portuguese, it is not a professional translation, and a simply amateur translation.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------

Fiz uma tradução para o português, não e uma tradução profissional, e uma tradução simplesmente amadora.

1653831858288.png
1653831887486.png
1653831927884.png

Tradução com muita edição de imagens para versão v1.16

Last edited:

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
I did a quick translation to Portuguese, it is not a professional translation, and a simply amateur translation.

-------------------------------------------------- ------------

Fiz uma tradução para o português, não e uma tradução profissional, e uma tradução simplesmente amadora.

View attachment 1838056
View attachment 1838057
View attachment 1838058

Tradução com muita edição de imagens para versão v1.16

Apocalypse_Lovers V1.16 Mega
Thank you for your translation (y)

4.40 star(s) 29 Votes