What do you thinks about sandbox in the games?

• I like

Votes: 59 65.6%
  • I dont like

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 11 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Awake-

Apocalypse Lovers
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2021
A very good project. Promising, original... But the author makes one very serious mistake. It gives the player the illusion that something depends on his choice. That there are different ways out of situations, but this is not so! The game is linear, there is only one right way that allows you to move along the plot, any other choice leads to a bad ending. This is very disappointing! You can't give the player a choice, and then punish him for choosing the wrong option! Why then give a choice at all? Either completely remove the opportunity to choose, or prescribe different ways of developing the story.
Hey, thank you for playing the game and give me your feedback !

I concede that some choices may seem punitive by leading to the death of one of the main characters. But hey, this is the apocalypse after all. However, and although it is only a simple prologue, the playable content is not linear as long as it can take different narrative branches. The choices have, for the most part, an influence. If only on the stats of the main characters, which then are taken into consideration in future interactions. But I admit that it will be much more visible as the story progresses, especially when past choices impact future events.

I'm pretty confident that in the next update, you will not have the feeling that you choices are unrelevant (even the ones you've done in this very first version).

sharpys

May 21, 2017
You'll probably need to change some of the music tracks later on as you're basically opening yourself to get DMCA'd.

sharpys

May 21, 2017
Yes I know, we will surely change it, I just have to find an open access music that corresponds to the universe.

If you have one or more ideas, we are always listening to good advice.
I suggest trying epidemic sound library

Papajik

Jun 1, 2017
alright, i CANNOT find the towel to wash her.
So far this game looks really good, but i have the same problem here.
Have everything else but the towel. Can't access bathroom and only clickable item I found is a rod in the blue bucket. I supposed I could use it to get the towel from bathroom, but it is impossible to take it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Crossbearer

Oct 18, 2019
So far this game looks really good, but i have the same problem here.
Have everything else but the towel. Can't access bathroom and only clickable item I found is a rod in the blue bucket. I supposed I could use it to get the towel from bathroom, but it is impossible to take it. Can someone point me in the right direction?
You simply go to the bathroom and put the rod in the small field. As if you were repairing the generator.

Papajik

Jun 1, 2017
Nevermind, find out the problem. After loading the game i got "Inventory full" text that helped me to figure out what the problem is. Didn't know you can have only 4 items in your inventory. Would be nice to see "inventory full" message rather then "deny" sound when you try to take something while having inventory full

Crossbearer

Oct 18, 2019
Fantastic game!
Like the story so far, the setting, everything, hot!

Can you just make that indicator, that there are clickable objects NOT appear, when the only thing to click is the way out?
And while using the tool belt, it either should close itself when used or at least should close also, when the belt icon left is clicked a second time, instead of only having the cross to close the bar.

Thank you and I am looking eagerly forward to that nice game of yours!

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Nevermind, find out the problem. After loading the game i got "Inventory full" text that helped me to figure out what the problem is. Didn't know you can have only 4 items in your inventory. Would be nice to see "inventory full" message rather then "deny" message when you try to take something while having inventory full
Couldn't pick up the rod while having sponge, soap and bassin already in the inventory. :rolleyes:
I will pass on the info of your problem.

Crossbearer

Oct 18, 2019
Couldn't pick up the rod while having sponge, soap and bassin already in the inventory. :rolleyes:
Sorry, did not see that problem here. But yes, I did not stumble upon because I let the first three items with the girl, when I was looking for the towel myself.

Manoman13

Dec 10, 2020
Fantastic game!
Like the story so far, the setting, everything, hot!

Can you just make that indicator, that there are clickable objects NOT appear, when the only thing to click is the way out?
And while using the tool belt, it either should close itself when used or at least should close also, when the belt icon left is clicked a second time, instead of only having the cross to close the bar.

Thank you and I am looking eagerly forward to that nice game of yours!
We are aware, we are thinking about changing this, or putting an explanation (tutorial)

Невзор

Jul 8, 2017
Hey, thank you for playing the game and give me your feedback !

I concede that some choices may seem punitive by leading to the death of one of the main characters. But hey, this is the apocalypse after all. However, and although it is only a simple prologue, the playable content is not linear as long as it can take different narrative branches. The choices have, for the most part, an influence. If only on the stats of the main characters, which then are taken into consideration in future interactions. But I admit that it will be much more visible as the story progresses, especially when past choices impact future events.

I'm pretty confident that in the next update, you will not have the feeling that you choices are unrelevant (even the ones you've done in this very first version).
Thank you for the answer, I understand you. I really liked your game. An interesting world, an intriguing plot, good characters. And I really want to believe that the flaws that are there now are the result of an early version of the game. I understand perfectly well that the setting of the game involves the death of characters from the player's choice, but not from everyone! And this should not constantly lead to the death of the player! You are given two choices A and B. You choose for yourself, the character dies the game ends, this is a dead-end branch of the plot, it does not let you play. There is only one way to continue the game, B. choose In the end and it turns out that you have no choice, you either choose B and play on, you either choose this and the game ends. This is the illusion of choice. And this happens more than once in the game. If you take the good story games "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic", "Dragon Age", "Mass Effect", they always give several ways to develop the plot. And your choice doesn't end the game, you have to live with the consequences. Of course, this is your game and it's not for me to tell you how to do it. I'm just giving friendly advice, players like freedom of choice, people like to go through the game in different ways and see different results. Do not take away people's freedom. Good luck!

Reactions: battali0n
4.40 star(s) 28 Votes